Type keyword(s) to search

S05.E21: Introducing Mr. & Mrs. Schwartz

• Start Topic

LVP sure doesn't like Shay. I was surprised at how she was telling Scheana to get out of the marriage, she's still young enough, blah, blah, and really coming down on Shay. Why has she always liked Scheana so much? Now I can see why Brandi Glanville was upset that Lisa always defended Scheana for screwing her husband while she was pregnant. Oh, that's right, Scheana claims she didn't know Eddie Cibrian was married. Sure, ok.  Ever notice how Scheana is always soooo innocent? Now she's in a relationship with Amber Valletta's brother who looks like another famewhore with all the photo's of them circulating around. I think one of the issues in her marriage with Shay is that she wants to be famous and will latch on to who ever she thinks she can benefit from.  She wanted Shay to go along with the show and try to make themselves the "it" couple of VPR and he wasn't having any of it.  I know Shay has his own demons and it sounds like Scheana was financially supporting him which sucks so he's no walk in the park, either, but damn I'm just so tired of Scheana with her poor me act. 

As for the wedding- I really loved it. The evening outdoor venue, (I don't like daytime weddings) the lights in the trees, the weird band, Katies dress, all of it! Even the cheesy vows were ok with me. What I didn't like were the forced one on one's the producers made them all do. Stassi and Ariana, Ariana and Tom, Jax and Brittany (ha ha you're so funny, Jax. What a douche) and last but not least Madame Vanderpump and TomTom.  It was all so forced, nothing organic about it.  I hope we can be done with wedding drama for a while and get back to the meat of the show which is watching the chucklefucks navigate through their everyday lives and making a mess of it.

• Love 10

Where was the minister and why was multitalented millionaire Lisa Vanderbucks performing the ceremony?

The Bubbas asked Lisa to officiate (there was a whole scene dedicated to it).

• Love 5
23 minutes ago, Ubiquitous said:

I think "Yacht Rock" was the name of the band, not a genre, which was "dance music you play on a boat". 

The band was Harbor Party. There are a bunch of these "yacht rock" cover bands where I live (some crappy, some really good) and they all go with the same schtick. For the most part I think the music was subbed in last night--the Wang Chung song and "Maneater"-like riff not withstanding.

I was reminded of Tom Tom Club too. Lol

• Love 5
30 minutes ago, Ubiquitous said:

I think "Yacht Rock" was the name of the band, not a genre, which was "dance music you play on a boat". Where was the minister and why was multitalented millionaire Lisa Vanderbucks performing the ceremony? I guess judging by what she was wearing, she may have been a clergyman of the Church of the maître di, but I am doubtful...

Yacht Rock is a genre - it's big in the bar circuit pretty much all over.  Lisa probably got ordained online - anyone can.  

• Love 4

One of Katie's brothers looked just like Janelle's creepy boyfriend David from Teen Mom 2. I did a double take when they showed him in the audience at the wedding. Now that would be a weird reality show crossover...

• Love 2

Oh Shay. I've never believed that he's ever had much of a pill or drinking problem. However, I've had a huge issue with the Shay marriage. It's been clear for years that Scheana is unbelievably self-absorbed and had a massive problem listening. While Shay is incapable of speaking up and demanding change in their dynamic. As a strategy to get Scheana to listen to him, he'll disappear and stop speaking to her for a week. This isn't functional or healthy. And even when Scheana pays attention to him, he won't say what he really need or wants in their relationship. You've got a narcissist married to insecure conflict avoidant personality. This was a disaster in the making. Last season, Jax correctly called their marriage issues and said that he had milk with a longer shelf life than their marriage.

I have to admit him telling her that millionaire mother Lisa Vanderbucks should mind her own business was a "Hell yeah!" moment for me. Oh yeah, his line about Schemer finding something to be passionate about was kinda awesome, too.

This really irritated me because Shay has been more than willing to have LVP in his life and business for 6 years. He's been taking the money from the show in which it was pretty obvious the Lisa's meddling was a large part of the show. Naw, you don't get to suddenly decide that she's a busybody. If he felt that strongly about it, he could have pulled a Patrick and never appeared on the show. Shay didn't because he liked those coins. Now that his marriage and life is really spinning out of control, he wants to tell Lisa to mind her own business. Where was that feeling when she was upgrading his hotel rooms and comping the alcohol for his wedding?

5 hours ago, Sai said:

I like Stassi also.  I enjoyed the chat between her and Ariana.  I hope they become friends.  Ariana was really laughing when they were talking about murder.  I've never seen her laugh like that before.  They have enough in common to be good friends and their personalities are different enough to balance each other out.

I can't believe Stassi managed to make Ariana likeable. Stassi is the smartest of the coven and Ariana is the smartest of the other girls. It would be interesting to see them hanging out.

LVP isn't partnering with the Toms on anything. She wants to advertise her new place and she wants to get newer younger more reckless staff for the show who don't have relationships with the existing cast. If she's trying to give Schwartz a job, playing with the rescue dogs at Vanderpump Pets would be perfect for him.

Who expected Lisa to announce the couple as Tom and Katie Maloney? Much like how the Doctor always called them Rory and Amy Pond. That's not how that works.

Edited by HunterHunted
  • Love 13

If she's trying to give Schwartz a job, playing with the rescue dogs at Vanderpump Pets would be perfect for him.

It would be, wouldn't it? What a great idea.

I was impressed with how well-behaved Gordo and Butter were. Maybe Katie gave them one of her watermelon gummies.

• Love 6
3 hours ago, chick binewski said:

I don't know how Tom & Tom could actually give minimal attention to a restaurant. Schwartz would be busy managing Katie's liquor intake and Sandoval would have to flee the premises any time a former hookup walked in. And I was also snorting at the shot of Schaena's arm during her talk with Shay. The entire VPR cast is a lesson in tattoo don'ts.  

I was cringing. I know many were moved by the wedding scenes for the past two episodes but after watching Tom & Katie tear at each other for months I wasn't even that interested in watching the ceremony at all. Lisa's self-referencing and Tom & Katie continually citing their arguments didn't help. Also, the vocal-fry trend is annoying enough on twentysomething hipsters; LVP sounded ridiculous during the ceremony.

I kind of loved Shay for saying that. 

I was moved by the wedding, but it also served as a reminder. People can really love eachother and get married thinking they are going to make it, but the baggage comes with them into the marriage and then boom divorce. They seemed truely happy on their wedding day, but it doesnt magically fix EVERYTHING we have seen.

This is why the divorce rate is so high, couple always think it's not us we will make it. 

• Love 8

Kristen declaring she's not ovulating! What the what what????

It was like someone walked over my grave when heard that. Carter wants to get Kristen pregnant and they're using rhythm method or condoms as birth control.

• Love 6
2 hours ago, Ubiquitous said:

I think "Yacht Rock" was the name of the band, not a genre, which was "dance music you play on a boat". Where was the minister and why was multitalented millionaire Lisa Vanderbucks performing the ceremony? I guess judging by what she was wearing, she may have been a clergyman of the Church of the maître di, but I am doubtful...

Because they asked her to...

All I heard was Kristen saying "I'm not ovulating" but I missed any of the other comments she and/or Carter made. When I heard it, I assumed the opposite--that he did NOT want her to get pregnant. I thought she was saying "I'm not ovulating" because she wanted to have sex sans condom.  But if it's the opposite.... yikes. Good luck with that Carter! 

Edited by Duke2801
  • Love 2

Why was Katie walking down the aisle like she had a bad hip??  She was walking really weird!  I wonder if it was the dress- keeping her legs from moving?

Stassi and Ariana will never be real friends.  Stassi needs to be HBIC and Ariana doesn't subscribe to that.

16 hours ago, dosodog said:

Sandavol!

Out of the 654 suitcases that you brought, not one had a hankerchief? 

A dog is not Kleenex young man.

Ok, who here has never cried into a pet???  I have cried into my cat's fur many many times!

15 hours ago, fliptopbox said:

Way to go Scheana. It makes me happy to see she had the balls to confront Shay. And even though she said she will never truly know if he's using again....she knows enough. And it takes a strong person to walk away. I doubt this is what either of them wanted, but it had to be done.

I was not cheering her on at all for that.  She married him for better or worse, and then she dropped his ass when it is discovered he has an illness.  Addiction is an illness.  Any person who would divorce their spouse because of a disease is really a shitty person.  I know that addicts do a lot of crappy things, but that is part of the disease.  If I had a drug problem, I would hope and expect that my husband would stand by me, since he is my husband and my life partner.  

14 hours ago, racked said:

Considering what a bridezilla Katie was all season she was seriously the most chill relaxed bride ever 

Gummies

12 hours ago, Inspectabecky said:

Forget filming the breakup being shameless but she's actually been promoting the scenes on social media! It's like she doesn't have enough brains or shame to realize famewhores usually pretend they hate that the cameras caught this type of stuff or "they signed up so they have to" spin.  She's actually excited about it, makes me cringe.

She is not only a terrible person IMO (let's remember we first saw her when she was having an affair with a married man), but she is also an idiot famewhore.

7 hours ago, Ubiquitous said:

I have to admit him telling her that millionaire mother Lisa Vanderbucks should mind her own business was a "Hell yeah!" moment for me. Oh yeah, his line about Schemer finding something to be passionate about was kinda awesome, too.

I enjoyed that also.  I bet Lisa DID NOT like that!  She is vengeful - she will probably be sure that he is painted in a terrible light at the reunion, since she is a producer.

Ok so the new guy that Scheana is dating, his name is Robert Parks Valetta, and apparetly he is Amber Valetta's half brother.  (Gee, wonder what Scheana sees in him?????)  BUT - I think she is his brother on her mom's side and that he was born Robert Parks.  So - in true famewhore fashion, he grabbed his sister's famous last name and added it?  Jesus!  Some people will do anything for fame.  How pathetic.

• Love 6
6 hours ago, ghoulina said:

Ok guys, I feel like this is a safe space, so I feel comfortable admitting it - I teared up during the vows!!! There, I said it. 

In the spirit of full disclosure amongst the group, I have a more embarrassing admission. Last night I had a dream that I was at the wedding as Sandoval's date! I think that made me Ariana. Ah, Sandoval just got me right in the feels (as my daughter would say) this whole season, and this episode in particular the way he kept getting all choked up crying about loving his friends, and loving love, and marrying and having babies with Ariana, and having the opportunity to be partners with LVP, and then getting even MORE emotional when he found out he could partner with Schwartz, too. He's officially my second favorite TV "character" that gets right to my heart; first place is Randall on "This Is Us." 

I SO hope next season does focus on opening TomTom! That would be awesome! These "kids" really do need to move on in the next phase of life and for this show, too.  I don't think Lisa wants to partner with Schwartz so much as Katie, whom she adores like a daughter. So now that they're married, Katie would be on board this partnership, too. Maybe Sandoval and Ariana will get engaged, and she'd help with the Sandoval half (third?) of the business, too? Next season's storyline is writing itself! But I guess we need "reality" to catch up.

Is this the SECOND time Shay disappeared for a week, or did they play this scene as the "this season on" preview? I feel like he disappeared when he was on drugs, but it was like the exact same conversation. Deja vu.

New BFFs Stassi and Ariana. #murder4lyfe

• Love 2
30 minutes ago, JenE4 said:

In the spirit of full disclosure amongst the group, I have a more embarrassing admission. Last night I had a dream that I was at the wedding as Sandoval's date! I think that made me Ariana. Ah, Sandoval just got me right in the feels (as my daughter would say) this whole season, and this episode in particular the way he kept getting all choked up crying about loving his friends, and loving love, and marrying and having babies with Ariana, and having the opportunity to be partners with LVP, and then getting even MORE emotional when he found out he could partner with Schwartz, too. He's officially my second favorite TV "character" that gets right to my heart; first place is Randall on "This Is Us." 

I SO hope next season does focus on opening TomTom! That would be awesome! These "kids" really do need to move on in the next phase of life and for this show, too.  I don't think Lisa wants to partner with Schwartz so much as Katie, whom she adores like a daughter. So now that they're married, Katie would be on board this partnership, too. Maybe Sandoval and Ariana will get engaged, and she'd help with the Sandoval half (third?) of the business, too? Next season's storyline is writing itself! But I guess we need "reality" to catch up.

Is this the SECOND time Shay disappeared for a week, or did they play this scene as the "this season on" preview? I feel like he disappeared when he was on drugs, but it was like the exact same conversation. Deja vu.

New BFFs Stassi and Ariana. #murder4lyfe

There is no evidence online to show that TomTom will ever happen.  This is a show device to entire viewers to be on the hook next season....

• Love 1
3 hours ago, jaync said:

Oh, man. Is Carter seriously wanting to knock her up?

I think so. As they were walking out he whispered, "tonight may be the night" (or something like that) and she responded, "I'm not ovulating!" Lord, help me. 

3 hours ago, jaync said:

Getting that weed card was one of the best decisions she's made.

Yasssss. Please keep Katie on the green stuff. 

• Love 4
39 minutes ago, JenE4 said:

No, this is the second time. Which leads me to believe this is what he does when he's feeling frustrated with being overlooked in their relationship. NOT a healthy or mature way to handle it, but there you have it. He's like a little kid running away from home to prove a point. 

• Love 9
1 hour ago, heatherchandler said:

I was not cheering her on at all for that.  She married him for better or worse, and then she dropped his ass when it is discovered he has an illness.  Addiction is an illness.  Any person who would divorce their spouse because of a disease is really a shitty person.  I know that addicts do a lot of crappy things, but that is part of the disease.  If I had a drug problem, I would hope and expect that my husband would stand by me, since he is my husband and my life partner.

When it gets to the point where an addict is draining your emotional and financial well-being, I wholeheartedly advocate bouncing them. 

I'll never forget an article I read about the two of them before they got married, where he admitted to being jealous of her "fame" and essentially having no life of his own and wanting to ride her success. So it's very hard for me to get anywhere near the "Poor Shay" train. And taking money and disappearing isn't exactly the thing that's going to lend you any credibility.

• Love 11
1 minute ago, Rina99 said:

When it gets to the point where an addict is draining your emotional and financial well-being, I wholeheartedly advocate bouncing them. 

I'll never forget an article I read about the two of them before they got married, where he admitted to being jealous of her "fame" and essentially having no life of his own and wanting to ride her success. So it's very hard for me to get anywhere near the "Poor Shay" train. And taking money and disappearing isn't exactly the thing that's going to lend you any credibility.

I wouldn't normally disagree, but does Shaena (wtf ever that is spelled) have any "credibility" either?

• Love 3
2 minutes ago, Adultosaurus said:

I wouldn't normally disagree, but does Shaena (wtf ever that is spelled) have any "credibility" either?

With regards to how the marriage ended, she has more than him at this point. The worst you can say is that she's self-absorbed, which was never a secret. I will never fault anyone for being done with someone the moment that they steal from them, so I don't care how many dicks she jumped on the day after she filed papers. I'm simply incapable of getting behind any scenario where Shay is a victim in any way other than of his own sense of insecurity and lack of purpose.

• Love 11
1 minute ago, Rina99 said:

With regards to how the marriage ended, she has more than him at this point. The worst you can say is that she's self-absorbed, which was never a secret. I will never fault anyone for being done with someone the moment that they steal from them, so I don't care how many dicks she jumped on the day after she filed papers. I'm simply incapable of getting behind any scenario where Shay is a victim in any way other than of his own sense of insecurity and lack of purpose.

Mostly because we never saw a Shay/Shaena relationship, just her view of it as a cast member?  They were together for almost 10 years, so there's a TON that we'll never be privvy to..

• Love 10
47 minutes ago, heatherchandler said:

I'm going to disagree a little bit with that. It is an illness, but at the same time Scheana shouldn't be chastised for wanting out if Shay continues using, isn't seeking treatment, and is taking all of their money. She shouldn't have to make her life actively miserable to support him. Should a person stand by a partner who has lung cancer and continues to smoke a pack and a half a day? Scheana should be free to say that he can't live with her, he has to get treatment, and he doesn't get access to their bank accounts. Remember this is the second time he's pulled this according to Scheana. He did this last season too.

That being said, I've never felt that Shay was an addict. I've always felt that he was self medicating because his relationship was shitty, he couldn't talk to Scheana and she wouldn't listen. He's depressed and angry and does not know how to broach the subject and the cause of his depression and anger with Scheana. Because he's so conflict avoidant, he shuts down and runs, which forces Scheana to initiate the discussion. Scheana's not the most obsevant person so she only talks about what she observes. Shay savors the limited attention she gives him when he comes back and he doesn't push to address his real issues, largely because he's conflict avoidant. They are a disastebacle.

• Love 10
4 hours ago, Adultosaurus said:

Yacht Rock is a genre - it's big in the bar circuit pretty much all over.  Lisa probably got ordained online - anyone can.  

I saw an article or TV snippet a couple years ago about her getting ordained so she could officiate same sex marriages held at Pump.  

• Love 3
2 minutes ago, yourmomiseasy said:

I saw an article or TV snippet a couple years ago about her getting ordained so she could officiate same sex marriages held at Pump.  

Marriage is a faux-religious show that is really just a legal contract.  Anyone can be ordained to preside over it.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Rina99 said:

Rina99 just OWN IT!  (Sorry that probably means nothing if you don't watch Real Housewives)

I am kind of in agreement about the stealing, although I have known people who had their child steal from them and they obviously didn't totally turn their back on him.  They did demand that he get treatment for his addiction, which is usually the reason someone would steal from a loved one.  I just always figured that a marriage should be unconditional, not just as long as things are good. Not that I expect much from Scheana.

38 minutes ago, HunterHunted said:

I'm going to disagree a little bit with that. It is an illness, but at the same time Scheana shouldn't be chastised for wanting out if Shay continues using, isn't seeking treatment, and is taking all of their money.

I hear that.  Dealing with an illness is difficult, but I feel like the person you married should stick it out.  BUT if the person does not want to get better, then it is a whole other situation.  

Edited by heatherchandler
  • Love 1

I was watching the reception and thought a lot of the guests were tying one on. A lot of swaying and staggering. I wonder how many of them remembered everything that happened the next day! All those couples commitment talk. Who put what in the punch? Wedding fever but I hope this show is not going to boil down to season after season of getting married and other couples breakups. It needs an infusion of something fresh. Perhaps that TomTom idea will be it. 

2 hours ago, heatherchandler said:

Why was Katie walking down the aisle like she had a bad hip??  She was walking really weird!  I wonder if it was the dress- keeping her legs from moving?

Stassi and Ariana will never be real friends.  Stassi needs to be HBIC and Ariana doesn't subscribe to that.

Ok, who here has never cried into a pet???  I have cried into my cat's fur many many times!

Gummies

She is not only a terrible person IMO (let's remember we first saw her when she was having an affair with a married man), but she is also an idiot famewhore.

I enjoyed that also.  I bet Lisa DID NOT like that!  She is vengeful - she will probably be sure that he is painted in a terrible light at the reunion, since she is a producer.

Ok so the new guy that Scheana is dating, his name is Robert Parks Valetta, and apparetly he is Amber Valetta's half brother.  (Gee, wonder what Scheana sees in him?????)  BUT - I think she is his brother on her mom's side and that he was born Robert Parks.  So - in true famewhore fashion, he grabbed his sister's famous last name and added it?  Jesus!  Some people will do anything for fame.  How pathetic.

Who is Amber Valetta?  (Bear with me, I'm old...)

• Love 2

I was initially on Mike Shay's side when it was disclosed that they were divorcing.  What little we saw of his relationship with Scheana made her look like a self absorbed "B" who didn't seemed interested in him at all.  I think many of us remember him telling her in Louisiana that morning that she looked cute and she was just dismissive.  Now I don't know what to think.  When they met up after he went missing his eyes looked really messed up.  Then when I saw him crying I thought maybe that was the reason.  Now I dont know what to think but both of them have made some terrible mistakes and in the end I am more concerned about Shay than that skinny faced Schaena that should put her high wasted swim suit bottom and gain a few pounds.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, FlyingEgret said:

Who is Amber Valetta?  (Bear with me, I'm old...)

She was in Transporter 2, which surprisingly enough was not the shittiest of the Transporter movies.  I think her best role was Lydia Davis on Revenge.

• Love 4
7 hours ago, bichonblitz said:

LVP sure doesn't like Shay. I was surprised at how she was telling Scheana to get out of the marriage, she's still young enough, blah, blah, and really coming down on Shay. Why has she always liked Scheana so much? Now I can see why Brandi Glanville was upset that Lisa always defended Scheana for screwing her husband while she was pregnant. Oh, that's right, Scheana claims she didn't know Eddie Cibrian was married. Sure, ok.  Ever notice how Scheana is always soooo innocent? Now she's in a relationship with Amber Valletta's brother who looks like another famewhore with all the photo's of them circulating around. I think one of the issues in her marriage with Shay is that she wants to be famous and will latch on to who ever she thinks she can benefit from.  She wanted Shay to go along with the show and try to make themselves the "it" couple of VPR and he wasn't having any of it.  I know Shay has his own demons and it sounds like Scheana was financially supporting him which sucks so he's no walk in the park, either, but damn I'm just so tired of Scheana with her poor me act. 

I really think LVP likes Scheana because Scheana took one for the team in helping launch the spin off. The viewers had seen Villa Blanca and SUR, but it was always at this very high level, which involved LVP arranging flowers, trying new tasting menus, or having a wine tasting. However, Vanderpump Rules was going to focus on the staff and the viewers had barely seen any of the staff. Tonally, RHoBH and Vanderpump Rules are a huge mismatch. RHoBH is aspirational. Vanderpump Rules is not. I can't think of a bigger disconnect. Classy British lady and her drunken thieving promiscuous staff.

In order to get viewers even slightly interested in Vanderpump Rules they had to introduce the viewers to a person who would lead us into the Vanderpump Rules world. That person was Scheana. Scheana showed up on a couple of episodes of RHoBH so that Brandi could talk shit about her until Scheana apologizes to Brandi leading the viewers into Vanderpump Rules.

On Vanderpump Rules, the same dynamic is repeated with the coven taking the place of Brandi. Scheana is the new girl. She's being bullied. The only person she can talk to is Lisa, which introduces the Lisa recap and advice sitdown trope as a way to keep Lisa in the know and justify her messy involvement in her employees' lives.

Scheana is our faux protagonist. The story isn't about her, but we need her to introduce us the world and the characters. After that, Scheana's importance to show drops off a cliff. But the spin off wouldn't have been as smooth as it was if Scheana hadn't been willing to humiliate herself on RHoBH. They could have spun off the show without Scheana, but I think it would have invited those questions that we've had from season 3 onwards much earlier in the show: why is Lisa so involved in their lives and why won't she fire any of them. Scheana really did Lisa a solid so Lisa continues to be team Scheana. Additionally unlike Stassi, Scheana has never said anything bad about Lisa. Actually Lisa is noticeably nicer to Kristen than Stassi because Kristen isn't arrogant enough to talk badly about Lisa to the press.

• Love 11
1 hour ago, heatherchandler said:

She's a model and actress, pretty sure she is in her 40s now.  I was first aware of her when she was in that Harrison Ford movie, "What Lies Beneath."  

13 minutes ago, yourmomiseasy said:

She was in Transporter 2, which surprisingly enough was not the shittiest of the Transporter movies.  I think her best role was Lydia Davis on Revenge.

Thank you both!

• Love 1
7 hours ago, HunterHunted said:

Oh Shay. I've never believed that he's ever had much of a pill or drinking problem. However, I've had a huge issue with the Shay marriage. It's been clear for years that Scheana is unbelievably self-absorbed and had a massive problem listening. While Shay is incapable of speaking up and demanding change in their dynamic. As a strategy to get Scheana to listen to him, he'll disappear and stop speaking to her for a week. This isn't functional or healthy. And even when Scheana pays attention to him, he won't say what he really need or wants in their relationship. You've got a narcissist married to insecure conflict avoidant personality. This was a disaster in the making. Last season, Jax correctly called their marriage issues and said that he had milk with a longer shelf life than their marriage.

This really irritated me because Shay has been more than willing to have LVP in his life and business for 6 years. He's been taking the money from the show in which it was pretty obvious the Lisa's meddling was a large part of the show. Naw, you don't get to suddenly decide that she's a busybody. If he felt that strongly about it, he could have pulled a Patrick and never appeared on the show. Shay didn't because he liked those coins. Now that his marriage and life is really spinning out of control, he wants to tell Lisa to mind her own business. Where was that feeling when she was upgrading his hotel rooms and comping the alcohol for his wedding?

I can't believe Stassi managed to make Ariana likeable. Stassi is the smartest of the coven and Ariana is the smartest of the other girls. It would be interesting to see them hanging out.

LVP isn't partnering with the Toms on anything. She wants to advertise her new place and she wants to get newer younger more reckless staff for the show who don't have relationships with the existing cast. If she's trying to give Schwartz a job, playing with the rescue dogs at Vanderpump Pets would be perfect for him.

Who expected Lisa to announce the couple as Tom and Katie Maloney? Much like how the Doctor always called them Rory and Amy Pond. That's not how that works.

To me it always seemed like Shay just capitulated to ever wish and once Scheana started making (and spending) the big money he had no voice.  I remember how hard he worked to get Scheana started on her music career.  Thankfully short-lived.  I have always been curious if Jax ever has two thumbs up for any relationship.  I find it kind of telling when Shay wants time away from Scheana-for whatever reason, he goes to Mom's house .I am so curious to hear how much money he blew through in their joint bank account. 

I have always liked Ariana so it wasn't much of a stretch for me.  I feel like Stassi wants to make this her show and given just an inch of power it becomes the, "Who do we hate on next?" show.  They do and say enough entertainment worthy things without having to go to levels of hate Stassi and Kristen go.  I think Ariana is smart, Stassi has no problem attaching herself to a couple for screen time.  These chuckleheads are in their thirties and need to grow up.  Geez, Stassi joining Schwartz and Katie on their honeymoon?  How desperate and very sad.  Invite another couple but a girlfriend? 

• Love 2

Would just like to add to the Amber Valletta convo that she was FIRST famous in the mid-90s as a model/it girl, along side Shalom Harlow, Alec Wek, Chloe Sevigny, etc. The funny thing about being "too old" to know the reference is she's probably best known among 35-45 year old women who watched House of Style and were into Anna Sui, Todd Oldham, Betsy Johnson in the 90s and then secondarily known to 20-25 year olds who know her more recent acting jobs. In the parlance of Who Weekly, she was a 90s Them who is now a solid Who.

It's almost like answering "who is Luke Perry?" by saying he's the dad on Riverdale - it's not a too old or too young question, but a matter of generationally different reference points?

Edited by itainttippithebird
  • Love 6
7 hours ago, heatherchandler said:

I get your point, but Schemer's solution to Shay's addiction was "don't drink so much when we go out partying". I don't consider that standing by her husband.

• Love 2
22 hours ago, annewithaneee said:

It's sad, but it's also shameless and a little funny (I'm a bad person, I snorted when she wiped her eyes and I got another glimpse at her "It's all happening" tattoo).

Ok I'm going to hell too because I totally snorted at the glimpse of the fateful "it's all happening" tat on Scheana's arm as well.    It sure is all happening, huh Scheana?

Was it on RHOBH this season that Lisa and Ken have alluded to buying a new restaurant for their son Max to eventually run? Maybe the Toms will just be the front guys for that and get it off the ground and popular.    The opposite reactions of the Toms to Lisa's offer was hysterical.     Schwartz is so lazy.   Love when Sandoval choked up about being a bartender for 10 years.   He is industrious.   The trumpet! 

Maybe because I see Ariana with a jaundiced eye, but I immediately thought that part of the reason she broke down with Stassi about working so hard, the "fu%¥^#g cocktail book", etc was that Ariana was feeling jealous that Lisa was partnering with Sandoval on a new bar.  

• Love 9

I think Ariana is a strange bird.  The way she responded to Tom when he talked about procreation seemed cold, but perhaps it was editing.  Still at least she was one of the only cast members who had expressed her concern abput her future. This ride will not last forever and at least she is concerned about that.

• Love 1
6 hours ago, Adultosaurus said:

There is no evidence online to show that TomTom will ever happen.  This is a show device to entire viewers to be on the hook next season....

I think its a show device.  But I tend to think they will make the opening of the restaurant a story line and won't make much progress when the show isn't filming.

I think it may be a thinly veiled attempt to give LvP cover on having all her "fired" employees better integrated in the show.  One thing Tom Tom will have over SUR will be that Stassi and Kristen will hang out there vs making a show of never going to SUR or having super awkward dinners in Stassi's case.  I wouldn't be surprised if they hire James as a DJ.

TomTom is a solution to not having a Katie/Schwartz wedding as an excuse for Stassi and Kristen to be on the show.

5 hours ago, HunterHunted said:
7 hours ago, heatherchandler said:

I'm going to disagree a little bit with that. It is an illness, but at the same time Scheana shouldn't be chastised for wanting out if Shay continues using, isn't seeking treatment, and is taking all of their money. She shouldn't have to make her life actively miserable to support him. Should a person stand by a partner who has lung cancer and continues to smoke a pack and a half a day? Scheana should be free to say that he can't live with her, he has to get treatment, and he doesn't get access to their bank accounts. Remember this is the second time he's pulled this according to Scheana. He did this last season too.

Going off of the traditional wedding vows, if you take them literally, divorce just wouldn't exist. Addiction, infidelity, physical abuse -- all of these things would theoretically be trumped by "til death do us part" (and all three could be be rooted in some form of illness). And addiction is tricky. It's absolutely a disease, and it's terrible that stigma is placed on it which stops many people from seeking and completing treatment. Personally, I think that as a partner there is a tipping point where you have to consider what's within your control, and how you can take care of yourself, and a decision has to be made. You can love someone and still walk away when it becomes clear that the other likely alternative is destruction -- of your loved one, yourself, your family. 

Granted, I think this is all a deeper conversation than the situation merits. It's a story being packaged for a reality show. Also, neither Scheana nor Shay seemed interested in putting in the work in either seeking out actual help for what was going on with Shay, and for them as a couple. Scaling back to beers-only and going to the gym with the Toms last season doesn't really count as making any serious attempt to get better.

• Love 1

Anyone want to take bets on whether Scheana's new love of her life will be on the show next season? 

At least Stassi can handle being without a man, even though she would prefer to be in love and in a committed relationship. She didn't jump right in to another relationship immediately and I commend her for that. I always get the feeling Scheana is running away from herself, searching for something to make her whole. I could say the same for Kristin. Is she ever without a man for a minute after the last failed relationship? I just don't get people like that. Are they that afraid of being alone?

Edited by bichonblitz
  • Love 3

Scheana has done a lot of shady things, including her venture into "soft" porn. She would do anything for fame.  I'm giving Shay the benefit of the doubt that we haven't seen much of what caused the demise of their marriage. 

Technically it was a joint bank account so it wasn't really stealing, and will likely be squared up during the divorce settlement. 

Shay's friends were tweeting that Scheana made up the fake addiction storyline for ratings. Shay may or may not have been or is using, but he lost weight, focused on a career he loves, and was trying to stand up for himself, so it doesn't seem like rock bottom. Wanna bet Scheana is taking something pharmaceutical to keep her weight down? Stassi admitted to being basically addicted to Adderall during the first seasons. 

• Love 6

When LVP asked Katie to repeat " I Katie, take THEE Tom" it reminded me of one of my fave movies : Best Friends! Goldie Hawn and Burt Reynolds characters are being wed by a minister with poor English and his rendition of " I thee endow" sounded like I Dee and Do- and they laughingly said it as such!! ??

23 hours ago, heatherchandler said:

Yeah that is a stretch considering that Amber Valetta isn't exactly a household name.  At least Tracee Ellis-Ross is the daughter of a legend, so I get why she does it. And you just KNOW the Kardashian grandkids who have their father's names are gonna do the same thing or hyphenate.

18 hours ago, itainttippithebird said:

Would just like to add to the Amber Valletta convo that she was FIRST famous in the mid-90s as a model/it girl, along side Shalom Harlow, Alec Wek, Chloe Sevigny, etc. The funny thing about being "too old" to know the reference is she's probably best known among 35-45 year old women who watched House of Style and were into Anna Sui, Todd Oldham, Betsy Johnson in the 90s and then secondarily known to 20-25 year olds who know her more recent acting jobs. In the parlance of Who Weekly, she was a 90s Them who is now a solid Who.

It's almost like answering "who is Luke Perry?" by saying he's the dad on Riverdale - it's not a too old or too young question, but a matter of generationally different reference points?

ITA...I'm in my mid 30's and first became aware of Amber Valetta as a model and hosting House of Style. 90s Them who is now a solid Who lol...see my previous comment about the half-brother using her name, even though it apparently worked since he's dating a reality star...

Bee-tee-dubs, loved Katie's dress but generally roll my eyes at the whole wedding as culmination of the season conceit. We don't really care that much and it damn sure didn't need 3 episodes.

Edited by Negritude
  • Love 2
19 hours ago, Emmeline said:

I think Ariana is a strange bird.  The way she responded to Tom when he talked about procreation seemed cold, but perhaps it was editing.  Still at least she was one of the only cast members who had expressed her concern abput her future. This ride will not last forever and at least she is concerned about that.

Ariana has always been pretty clear that she doesn't see herself getting married or having kids. People can certainly change their minds on that, but I do not think she's there yet. May never be. I did wonder, in that moment, if the whole thing would end up being a deal breaker. 

I think they were both being really emotional because....alcohol. Well, and Tom is emotional always. 

7 hours ago, Juliegirlj said:

Shay's friends were tweeting that Scheana made up the fake addiction storyline for ratings. Shay may or may not have been or is using, but he lost weight, focused on a career he loves, and was trying to stand up for himself, so it doesn't seem like rock bottom. Wanna bet Scheana is taking something pharmaceutical to keep her weight down?

Scheana has never been a big girl, but she is remarkably thinner this season. So yea, when she was accusing Shay of using Adderall I had to wonder if that was a bit of the pot calling the kettle black. 

• Love 4