Type keyword(s) to search

S06.E12: Breast Side Up

• Start Topic

8 hours ago, Earmuffs Mom said:

The song is "Light the Match."  It's appropriate since I want to set myself on fire after watching that.  I cannot wait for Tara and Sarah's reactions and visual aids.

Donna is no Tawny Kitaen.

• Love 4
17 hours ago, Molly Cule said:

Let us not forget what we have to look forward to in regards to that plotline: approximately 17,983 hours of the Niners and Jonathan FLYING BIPLANES (insert twenty crying emoji here).

Ok  - I know I'm a bad person, but the scene where Joe stumbles and collapses after getting off the plane cracks my shit up. For real. It is as unintentionally funny (IMHO) as when Nat craps out at the Pit. It's almost worth having to watch all those hours of them flying the stupid biplanes.

Andy & MuuMuu - there is just not enough brain bleach for those images. So cringeworthy. And I love how Donna is all "reluctant" to replace the "real model" but once she's up there, hoo boy. 

20 hours ago, Earmuffs Mom said:

The song is "Light the Match."  It's appropriate since I want to set myself on fire after watching that.  I cannot wait for Tara and Sarah's reactions and visual aids.

GOLD.

• Love 1
23 hours ago, ZeroDiscipline said:

I agree with all of this, and I think the writers on this show wanted us to feel like the gang is so cool for horsing around at the grocery store, like us normals watching. That said. I recently went to a grocery store that had a fruit stand right when you walk in offering kids their choice of an apple or a banana that they can eat while shopping. I had two kids with me, and that did keep them quiet and orderly for 5 minutes or so, and they sure got a kick out of it. But notice-- we are talking about 2 school children under 10.

Ah, but you see, that's totally different, ZeroDiscipline - there's nothing wrong with that scenario at all IMO.  First, the kids were offered the fruit by the seller and second, its not like a piece of fruit is as messy as Chips and freakin' Salsa (who's going to sweep up the crumbs and spilled Salsa, Steve?) But yea, as an adult, it annoys me when they make the gang do this "cool horsing around" bullshit. So not cute.

23 hours ago, CurlyATX said:

David needs to chill and let his fingers do that walking (so to speak) stop pressuring her to have sex.  You know it'll be amazing, so just wait!

THANK YOU! I do kinda get why David got pissy with Donna (although he still should have just manned up and broken up with her, not cheated on her) because the girl told him he WOULD NEVER* get some. But Val just wants to slow down a bit and, hey, David? Haven't you yet noticed that it's much better to have sex when your partner, um, I dunno, wants to? Ass.

*Yea, I know, she told him she would when she/they got married, but to a 17 year old boy she might as well have just said "nope, never going to happen."

• Love 1

And that wasn't the only time in the series that Donna was asked to play a model because she was so beautiful.. It happened again I think in season 9 and lets not forget her being asked to be a model when she was in Paris.

• Love 1
On 3/21/2017 at 11:43 AM, Jaclyn88 said:

That's what im saying. He did have a heart condition but his surgery went well and he was able to play again. But why would you drop out of college to coach high school football? Especially when you were supposedly so good that you had a possible future in the NFL? It was just a stupid way to break him and Donna up.

How would you coach HS football if you dropped out of college. Wouldn’t you need a teaching credential which requires a degree?

So Brandon and Kelly are basically two people with severe personality disorders, right? Who behaves like this? The smug preening faces at being able to hang out without their respective SOs around RIGHT IN FRONT OF SO might have been enough for me to dump either of them. Then they basically manufacture a scanario where they can cheat, but don’t at the very last second. They basic invent drama to make themselves feel important and desirable and then pull back at some random point they decide is the line so they can also feel morally superior. That is some next level intimacy issues. 20 years later I’m still confused about what the intent of this subplot was. They come across as such manipulative assholes, yet the show seems to want me to root for them as good people. They can both eat bees.

• Love 1
On 11/26/2017 at 3:49 PM, FozzyBear said:

So Brandon and Kelly are basically two people with severe personality disorders, right? Who behaves like this? The smug preening faces at being able to hang out without their respective SOs around RIGHT IN FRONT OF SO might have been enough for me to dump either of them. Then they basically manufacture a scanario where they can cheat, but don’t at the very last second. They basic invent drama to make themselves feel important and desirable and then pull back at some random point they decide is the line so they can also feel morally superior. That is some next level intimacy issues. 20 years later I’m still confused about what the intent of this subplot was. They come across as such manipulative assholes, yet the show seems to want me to root for them as good people. They can both eat bees.

Over a year later- yes to all of this. 

• Love 1