Type keyword(s) to search

S03.E12: Hair of the Dog

1 hour ago, HotRats2112 said:

But why would she bother moving Pat's body?

If he actually was dead, she might have given him a burial at sea. (Otherwise, if the turned out to be alive but badly hurt, she might have taken him with her to try to nurse him back to health.)

• Love 1

I wouldn't exactly call the way Pat got hit by the van Todd was driving to be gruesome, but it was a hit that if it didn't kill you, would definitely do a lot of damage to you. Someone had to have come along and moved Pat's body and boat. Maybe it was Pamela, but I don't know why she would be the one to do so. Maybe because he was the first person she found in the flesh upon coming out of the bunker?

I dont think Pamela is involved with Pat's body. I think Will Forte was quoted somewhere as saying that they don't really know where theyre going with her character; i.e. they hadn't made any plans on who was behind the drone until they came up with the Pamela character. They're just making it up as they go along...

• Love 1
8 hours ago, possibilities said:

I hope Pat doesn't come back. He was too obnoxious.

Agreed. Having the survivors face another character as an outside threat was an interesting and different thing to try, but I feel like it ran its course by the end of the s.3 premiere (not to mention the next two episodes still played with that sort of fear -- is Pat still running around out there? should the gang try to defend their home in case he comes back?). Aside from his surprising bond with Tandy and little quirks like the jeans-art, Pat was kind of a one-note character anyway; had he stuck around, I can't imagine the gang trying to help him with his mental issues to such a poignant effect as they've been rallying around Melissa lately.

9 hours ago, Big Mother said:

They're just making it up as they go along...

I've read that in past seasons, Will and the writers tended to work from a "loose outline," and I suspect this one is no different; like, they have specific points where they want certain things to happen (a character comes in, a character dies, etc.) and a general idea of where they want the season's narrative arc to go, and it's just a matter of coming up with stuff to happen between those specific plot points (how do we get from here to there?). But when it comes to actually crafting those in-between episodes, they've usually left themselves enough wiggle room to change things either for creative reasons (they come up with ideas they like better, new plot or character developments arise that they want to pursue, etc.) or by necessity (certain actors become available, an episode goes way over budget and more modest "hanging out" stories are needed to climb out of that hole, etc.).

In the case of the drone, it was probably for the better that it wasn't explained right away as there were a few possibilities it could've gone; but personally, I'm glad it worked out the way it did. It'll be interesting to see where they go with the character of Pamela and what purpose (if anything) she might serve for rest of the survivors...

• Love 1
On 3/20/2017 at 1:58 PM, peeayebee said:

What was "Whites, makes sense." ? I don't remember hearing that. But I was expecting Melissa to open the refrigerator and pour lumpy, disgusting milk onto her cereal.

In Melissa's cubicle was a photo of a man with a child. I wonder if that was her husband and child.

When Melissa said there was a body in the bed in that first apartment, and then you heard a thud followed by Melissa saying all good, wouldn't the remnants of the skeleton still be on the bed after having decomposed for 3+ years ?

On 3/20/2017 at 2:48 PM, MarkHB said:

One thing I thought of last night: wasn't that pond originally around SoCal?  I thought we saw that long before they moved out of Malibu.

Yeah, I thought so too, but since there is no longer a gasoline shortage anymore (despite the chunky style gas they showed in S2) and they can drive wherever they want it's all moot.  Heck, they still had aviation fuel for Lewis' plane after 3+ years -- then again they may have been the reason for Lewis' crash.

• Love 1
On 3/20/2017 at 10:36 AM, ItCouldBeWorse said:

This also makes clear that Gail is here to stay, despite rumors to the contrary.

I tried to tell you guys there was no way Gail was dead!  (Yes, I'm a little late to the gloating party: my Hulu trial is over and I now have to wait eight days to watch episodes online.)

Poor Gail: that was so awful how she got treated when she came staggering in.

Of course Melissa was a realtor.  That was perfect.

Kudos to Forte for being able to roll with (maybe even write) jokes about his diminutive manhood.  A lot of men wouldn't be able to go there.

• Love 1