Type keyword(s) to search

S05.E12: Tracey's Story

• Start Topic

1 minute ago, okerry said:

diuretics for her?? wouldn't that help at least somewhat?

That's everyone's first reaction, and it seems reasonable, but if you google "diuretics for lymphedema" you'll see it's not advised.

• Love 3
5 minutes ago, 55Unicorns said:

Well, so far, I'm on her side...

So am I. It hurts to look at those legs.  I don't see how they could ever be fixed.  

I appreciate her modesty. Usually, we're flashed by every body part, male and female.

• Love 4

I just started watching but this is sad. She seems like a human oddity. Like in the olden days they would travel around with human oddities in a carnival tour. Her stomach and upper body look okay to me- a few rolls.  How she let the lymphadema spiral out of control I don't know.

She sounds normal when she talks, like when she naturally described what lymphadema is, she sounded somewhat educated. Then when she was reading the script the writers wrong for her she sounds total illiterate and ignorant. "The road of Life is full of twists and turns and sometimes there is a big twist in the road"- whoever wrote that opening statement needs to be fired. She sounds like a moron reading that.

Anyway I feel sorry for her. No way to live.

Edited by operalover
  • Love 10

Poor thing. You can see in her eyes that she's fading. My heart is breaking for her, she's very stoic but she really should be in a hospital or something.

• Love 10
1 minute ago, Azubah said:

There aren't really good treatments for lymphedema. Sometimes you can manage it, but sometimes you can't.

I would think when it first starts though you would need lose a lot of weight, because that is supposed to be very helpful. Isn't is a side effect of obesity? 

• Love 4
Just now, operalover said:

I would think when it first starts though you would need lose a lot of weight, because that is supposed to be very helpful. Isn't is a side effect of obesity? 

It can be. It's also a problem after cancer surgery and radiation when they kill off the lymph nodes. When it first started, if she lived in an ideal universe, she would have done weight loss, compression, pneumatic pumps, water exercise, etc. That might have contained it somewhat.

• Love 6
35 minutes ago, ChickenLatte99 said:

I like that Anthony is honest about wanting to be needed.

Yeah. I'm thinking it might not be too bad if he gets with the program and is willing to be needed in new ways. She's going to need a lot of work on those legs. I'm gonna say Anthony has job security for awhile yet.

• Love 8

I have a cousin who ended up with lymphedema in her arm after a broken bone, and it's been years with treatment since the beginning, and it still looks like an elephant trunk. She probably wasn't ignoring it, they just couldn't do much about it. With her weight, she probably couldn't do some of the treatments. I know my cousin couldn't take one of the medicines because she has high blood pressure. They could only do that compression therapy, and she was being treated at one of the top hospitals for cancer in the state and U.S.

• Love 3

She is someone else who probably needs to travel via ambulance. 

Someone who doesn't move without having a place to stay? Really? Impressive. 

The cheating because she's sick has me worried.

Just now, MrsClaus said:

I missed it, how old is she?

45 or 46 I believe.

• Love 1
1 minute ago, Ivylady said:

She is someone else who probably needs to travel via ambulance. 

Someone who doesn't move without having a place to stay? Really? Impressive. 

The cheating because she's sick has me worried.

45 or 46 I believe.

She said they found an "extended stay hotel".  Whatever that is.

• Love 1