Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E13: Backfire

• Start Topic

I've never been happier to see the back of any of the characters then I was Kiefers family. They were the absolute worst. So sickly sweet. Delighted they're gone for now. My only disappointment came when the chopper didn't explode mid air. 

• Love 1

Wow - Kirkman's Presidency is "falling apart"? That's a pretty harsh judgement for a guy learning on the job. OK, I would expect Republican commentators to say that, but random friends of Seth? I also thought they were there for some nefarious reason, but apparently not.

So - Don Epps left the FBI and became an investigative journalist? Though Kirkman took the right approach by not actually lying (except by omission). And Seth has a team!

That was some neat sidelining of Aaron, but a week? Give him a weekend off, a week seems excessive (and just trust you'll get lucky on Team Evil contacting him).

Bye bye First Delinquent and your little sister! Would have loved it if he could have mumbled, "Great, now I can get back to my drug dealing!" Surprised Kirkman didn't draw in the horse after watching his family leave (and then have it sent to his daughter, having realised he'd forgotten). While looking mournful, of course.

On ‎3‎/‎24‎/‎2017 at 1:10 PM, Biggie B said:

The scene in which Hannah visited her now-former boss was very sad. With his hand tucked up inside his coat, I thought perhaps he was hiding/holding a pistol, with the intent to use it to kill himself.

And I was surprised he didn't rant at how she had killed his son (she was at least partially responsible). But his depression on his son's death - particularly with his wife leaving him too, also a common response to losing a child - was entirely believable. I wonder if we'll see him again (I guess I could check IMDB!)?

On ‎3‎/‎24‎/‎2017 at 3:26 PM, TheGreenWave said:

I'm hoping there is more behind the MacLeish story than his unit was set up, they killed a bunch of friendlies, and then they came back to the US and no one cared about their sacrifice as the reason for blowing up most of the government.

Nikita did say that it was the start of his "radicalisation" (which evidently the extensive VP vetting process completely missed).

On ‎3‎/‎24‎/‎2017 at 6:48 PM, Princess Lucky said:

I think Seth himself changed his own name, made it more Anglo, perhaps for professional reasons. And Abe was judging him for it, saying Seth picked out a random name and didn't stay true to his real identity/heritage/culture.

That was my take, too. Though "Wright" means "craftsman" (as in wheelwright, wainwright, etc) and "Seth" means "Appointed" and not "warrior" (or however the journalist defined it) - unless he was referring to his original (Indian) name (which I don't recall).

On ‎3‎/‎24‎/‎2017 at 10:50 PM, OtterMommy said:

And, as the First Lady, she does have ceremonial duties to attend to (State Dinners, appearances on Sesame Street, etc).  

Hey, kids always need to learn the alphabet!

On ‎3‎/‎26‎/‎2017 at 7:25 AM, Dowel Jones said:

My thought was that, although the Army corporal definitely had some PTSD issues going, maybe he was faking the entire story to Hannah about what happened in Afghanistan.

Please God, no. I have to hope Agent Nikita's plotline is making at least some progress.

On ‎3‎/‎26‎/‎2017 at 8:44 PM, shapeshifter said:

Oh dear. Now I'm wondering if the conspirators are part of a multi-generational, multi-era cabal like what ruined (IMO) Timeless.

Or The Conclave from Dark Angel!

On ‎3‎/‎23‎/‎2017 at 4:15 AM, forumfish said:

Can't wait to see who they get for the former president.

Martin Sheen? Keith Carradine? Dennis Haysbert? Geena Davis!?