Type keyword(s) to search

S07.E14: The Other Side

halgia
  • Start Topic

1 minute ago, smorbie said:

Well, they've lost at least one loyal viewer.

I do think it was admirable of the show to have one observant muslim female survive the ZA & live in the Kingdom.

There hasn't been much discussion about religion on the show except for Father PP. He's shown to be a weak character who allowed his parishners to die rather than let them in the church.

15 minutes ago, AngelaHunter said:

You put it much better and much more succinctly than I did - ha!

Compared to Negan, the Gov seems the epitome of restraint in retrospect.

Anyone who thinks they found true wuv with Abraham is delusional. His own wife preferred to off herself rather than spend eternity in isolation with him.

Just the "When you're mixing the Bisquick, you tryin' to make pancakes?" would be enough for me to dump his smooth ass.

I don't take Negan seriously. I don't understand why anyone would follow him. The Governor was a better leader.

• Love 5
3 hours ago, Bryce Lynch said:

Was anyone else annoyed with AMC putting Into the Badlands on after TWD and before Talking Dead?

They arer really trying to force feed that show to TWD viewers.  First they held back the TWD preview, in Glen's fake death episode, until about 20 minutes into ITBL to try to force us to watch it, now this.

It has totally backfired with me.  I have refused to watch ITBL since the preview stunt and I didn't watch it or Talking Dead last night.  They should really show more respect for their viewers.

Agreed. I don't like the Badlands.

• Love 1
On 2017-03-19 at 10:23 PM, TigerLynx said:

It would be funny if it's Carl.  He's just bound and determined to kill Negan.  Could he do so already?  Please, please, please.

I thought it was Daryl.  I didn't even think about it being Dwight.  Since I don't give a damn about Dwight, it was probably him.  We'll lose Sasha, and get stuck with idiot Dwight.  Oh joy.  {face palm}

God how disappointed would Rosita be if it is Carl. She thinks she is getting bad ass Daryl, but then the useless Carl shows up haha

• Love 1
15 hours ago, Bryce Lynch said:

I think having the character named Jesus be a homosexual is a gratuitous insult to Christians.  Would they dare have a gay Mohammed?

I agree.   But -- and this is just a rhetorical comment not directed at you or anyone in particular -- as a Christian myself (Catholic), it surprises me that anyone who would find a gay character named Jesus offensive is watching the Walking Dead in the first place.  

This is a show that revels in cruel, vile acts, and that every single week vicariously gratifies the audience's sadistic impulses.   It has portrayed horrible acts upon children and interpreted traditionally Christian values such as compassion and mercy as weaknesses.   Amid all that carnage, cruelty and sadism, a gay guy named Jesus (who obviously is not the real Jesus) is what offends?   

5 hours ago, Bryce Lynch said:

Was anyone else annoyed with AMC putting Into the Badlands on after TWD and before Talking Dead?

I would pay to watch The Widow take off Chris Hardwick's head.

HATE the Talking Dead.

Edited by millennium
  • Love 8

This episode highlights how vulnerable the Saviors really are, when a couple of yahoos can access an easy sniper point right outside their compound, and then easily infiltrate without detection.

I agree.   But -- and this is just a rhetorical comment not directed at you or anyone in particular -- as a Christian myself (Catholic), it surprises me that anyone who would find a gay character named Jesus offensive is watching the Walking Dead in the first place.  

This is a show that revels in cruel, vile acts, and that every single week vicariously gratifies the audience's sadistic impulses.   It has portrayed horrible acts upon children and interpreted traditionally Christian values such as compassion and mercy as weaknesses.   Amid all that carnage, cruelty and sadism, a gay guy named Jesus (who obviously is not the real Jesus) is what offends?

As a Catholic, it doesn't even cross my mind that a guy named Jesus being gay on a show about zombies is offensive.  So he was nicknamed Jesus because I assume with the beard and hair he's kind of Jesus-looking.  What's the big deal?

HATE the Talking Dead.

I hate Talking Dead simply because it allows the writers and editors to be sloppy and have the show run over an hour week after week.  "No big deal, Talking Dead will just be 46 minutes this week, go ahead and leave that pointless scene in with Tara washing her boots!"

Edited by Dobian
  • Love 4
3 hours ago, FishyJoe said:

Did Rosita even think about the fact that Negan or his crew would burn Alexandria to the ground and mount everyones heads on sticks if she was found dead or alive?

They had to be the worst assassins ever. Even the outpost raid was better thought out then that stupid adventure. 

Negan would probably just kill another person or two to make a point. Killing Negan probably only makes things worse for everyone because he is likely the only thing stopping the Saviors from killing everyone

31 minutes ago, Dobian said:

As a Catholic, it doesn't even cross my mind that a guy named Jesus being gay on a show about zombies is offensive.  So he was nicknamed Jesus because I assume with the beard and hair he's kind of Jesus-looking.  What's the big deal?

I don't know that it's a big deal but it seems apparent to me that the writers chose to be cute and get some negative attention by naming the character Jesus.  They could have named him anything but in typical sophomoric fashion they thought it would be funny to name him Jesus and make him gay.   I agree with Bryce Lynch, it was gratuitous.

34 minutes ago, Dobian said:

I hate Talking Dead simply because it allows the writers and editors to be sloppy and have the show run over an hour week after week.  "No big deal, Talking Dead will just be 46 minutes this week, go ahead and leave that pointless scene in with Tara washing her boots!"

I hate that grinning idiot Chris Hardwick and his too-small jackets acting like every episode is a master stroke of genius and that his show serves some purpose other than trying to convince the audience that the shit they just watched was AWESOME.

• Love 5
8 hours ago, oakville said:

I would have preferred a show modeled on the BBC Survivors where ordinary people try to recover from a massive virus that kills 99% of the population. There were villains, but not over the top ones like Negan or the Governor.

I think the show could be subject to protests if they had a a gay  Muslim  character . The Muslim religion does not approve of homosexuality.

Tyrant on FX had a gay Muslim character (I only saw the first season). It's not unheard of in modern American television. The character would be treated (by the most observant, fundamentalist Muslims) as not really Muslim, just like a gay Catholic or gay Mormon or gay Baptist would be treated by the most observant, fundamentalist followers of those faiths.

The show already has multiple gay characters (Aaron & Eric, Tara & Alisha & Denise), so adding another one (Paul "Jesus" Rovia) is no big deal, and helps tremendously in providing this character with some actual characterization. They were a little ham-handed with the revelation ("... boyfriends..."), but that may have just been Jesus feeling Maggie out to see how she would react. She is a very genuine Southern bible-belt, God-fearing woman afterall.

----

Anywho, I'm 99% sure that was Norman Reedus in the final scene, and they were definitely telling us that Daryl was planning on hightailing it to the Factory to rescue Rosita and/or Sasha. But they kept it vague for a reason. Like early Michonne, Reedus (or a lookalike stunt double) may just be standing in and next ep (or the one after that or after that, with their crazy alternating storylines) will open up with Dwight's actor in the same pose, and no explanation. Or maybe they were dropping all the hints about it being Daryl just so that we'd be surprised when it actually was Daryl (a classic "no-twist" twist).

Sasha could easily survive and spend some time in the Hole or near-death before being dispatched somehow (or even, unlikely, rescued). Would Negan or anyone not named Eugene even recognize her as an Alexandrian? Rosita he would know, because he gave her that scar and nearly killed him a few days back, I guess. Eugene's actions next (or next-next) episode will tell us whether he's truly Negan or is attempting (or believes himself to be attempting) a long con. I think he panicked during the rescue attempt when he realized that all options lead to almost certain death for him or his (former) friends.

• Love 2
5 hours ago, Dobian said:

This episode highlights how vulnerable the Saviors really are, when a couple of yahoos can access an easy sniper point right outside their compound, and then easily infiltrate without detection.

Agreed. I didn't Jesus was supposed to be a religious figure. The actor looks like the common portrayal of Jesus of Nazareth. The Walking Dead has had many gay characters which is fine.

• Love 2

You know, with the turgid story-telling and the fact that you go episodes without seeing certain characters and thus lose the point of their story (if there was one), by the time someone gets around to killing Negan, I won't know or remember why I should care or be excited if it's so-and-so versus so-and-so.

IMO, the effects of seeing Glenn and The Dolphin getting smushed have LONG faded. And I just don't get much feeling from Maggie and, to me, she's the logical one to get revenge. But if she does, and she kills Negan, I'll probably just yawn and ask, "Okay, what's next?"

Edited by JackONeill
  • Love 8
7 hours ago, millennium said:

I don't know that it's a big deal but it seems apparent to me that the writers chose to be cute and get some negative attention by naming the character Jesus.  They could have named him anything but in typical sophomoric fashion they thought it would be funny to name him Jesus and make him gay.   I agree with Bryce Lynch, it was gratuitous.

I hate that grinning idiot Chris Hardwick and his too-small jackets acting like every episode is a master stroke of genius and that his show serves some purpose other than trying to convince the audience that the shit they just watched was AWESOME.

Generally speaking, when TWD is good, I enjoy Talking Dead a lot.  When it follows a lousy TWD episode, (and that is mostly what we have had this season), Talking Dead is usually very annoying with Hardwick and the guests raving about how great the crappy episode we just watched was.  

• Love 4

I like Talking Dead and Chris Hardwick amuses me. UO, maybe.

As has been said,  the writers did not (nick)name Jesus to be controversial, nor did they make him gay for that reason. He's gay Jesus in the comics, the show-writers/runners didn't come up with it. If they'd chosen NOT to make him gay, even tho his character is in the comics, that would have seemed offensive to me, indicated that they were buckling to bigotry and homophobia, but they didn't. And his 'admission' of being gay was so offhand and blink if you miss it, that many DID miss it. But it's enough to turn some viewers away...a show about death, gore, evil, murder, sadism, fornication, adultery, sociopathic children and shooting sociopathic children. Okay.

1 hour ago, JackONeill said:

You know, with the turgid story-telling and the fact that you go episodes without seeing certain characters and thus lose the point of their story (if there was one), by the time someone gets around to killing Negan, I won't know or remember why I should care or be excited if it's so-and-so versus so-and-so.

IMO, the effects of seeing Glenn and The Dolphin getting smushed have LONG faded. And I just don't get much feeling from Maggie and, to me, she's the logical one to get revenge. But if she does, and she kills Negan, I'll probably just yawn and ask, "Okay, what's next?"

I will never NOT be happy to see Negan killed, by Maggie, or anyone. Violently, slowly. Maybe they should force him to listen to one of his own interminable dialogues on tape while they bash him slowly to death with Lucille.

• Love 16
42 minutes ago, luna1122 said:

And his 'admission' of being gay was so offhand and blink if you miss it, that many DID miss it. But it's enough to turn some viewers away...a show about death, gore, evil, murder, sadism, fornication, adultery, sociopathic children and shooting sociopathic children. Okay.

I missed it.  Which, changing the subject, is one of the weaknesses of this show that people point out all the time.  The writing of characters and dialogue is so generally bad most of the time that you rarely learn anything meaningful about these characters or what they're thinking.  Eugene gets more screen time crying like a baby than Maggie does dealing with being pregnant with her husband dead and her community under the thumb of a dictator.  When you do learn something it's usually via an exposition dump.

Edited by Dobian
  • Love 4
14 hours ago, Bryce Lynch said:

They arer really trying to force feed that show to TWD viewers.  First they held back the TWD preview, in Glen's fake death episode, until about 20 minutes into ITBL to try to force us to watch it, now this.

It has totally backfired with me.  I have refused to watch ITBL since the preview stunt and I didn't watch it or Talking Dead last night.  They should really show more respect for their viewers.

I don't see how AMC is forcing anyone to watch Into The Badlands. People can easily change the channel If they don't want to watch whatever is on. I know I certainly do it as soon as TWD is over as I have no interest in TD. Also TWD is not going to be around forever and AMC is pretty much a sinking ship without it so they're going to continue to try to find another show so if it's not ITB it's just going to be something else.

• Love 2
1 minute ago, allyw said:

AMC is pretty much a sinking ship without it so they're going to continue to try to find another show so if it's not ITB it's just going to be something else.

They dumped a lot of cash on Pierce Brosnan to do his impression of Daniel Day Lewis....

• Love 2
8 hours ago, millennium said:

OMG, I had to check and see if I had written that. I have never watched Talking Dead, but just the few seconds I've glimpsed of that little twerp, with his oh-so-carefully placed locks designed to look cool and tousled and that high-pitched voice and his face and that GRIN and... eight seconds of that and I couldn't snatch up the remote fast enough while giving a Rick-like "NOOOOOO!"

9 hours ago, millennium said:

Amid all that carnage, cruelty and sadism, a gay guy named Jesus (who obviously is not the real Jesus) is what offends?   

Yes,  murdered little girls, sliced abdomens and guts falling on the ground, heads hacked off, living people thrown in fires, a guy watching his leg being eaten,  throats slashed (that traumatized even me)etc etc. Among all that, what really would horrify and offend everyone (moreso than some gay guy nicknamed Jesus because of his long hair and beard) to the point of apoplexy or the vapors is the word "Fuck" or sex between consenting adults that includes thrusting. Deliver me from thrusting! Show me bloodied, dead children! Anything but that s-e-x stuff! 

• Love 7
1 minute ago, AngelaHunter said:

Yes,  murdered little girls, sliced abdomens and guts falling on the ground, heads hacked off, living people thrown in fires, a guy watching his leg being eaten,  throats slashed (that traumatized even me)etc etc. Among all that, what really would horrify and offend everyone (moreso than some gay guy nicknamed Jesus because of his long hair and beard) to the point of apoplexy or the vapors is the word "Fuck" or sex between consenting adults that includes thrusting. Deliver me from thrusting! Show me bloodied, dead children! Anything but that s-e-x stuff! 

I need to stop checking these boards while I'm at work. I just burst out laughing and then had to pretend I was having a coughing fit.

• Love 3

Maybe it's because I live/grew up in California, but I'm certainly a Christian, and I never even blinked with the "big" reveal of Jesus being gay.  I've known many, many guys named Jesus.  They were/are Hispanic.  I certainly don't expect them to embody the virtues of Jesus of Nazareth.  They are all human, and prone to living as such.  And "our" Jesus isn't even named Jesus - that's his NICKname.  Given to him by other people.

We, as a nation, are so weird.  We can show any amount of death and destruction on tv - arms, legs and intestines strewn about like lego blocks.  But sex and/or genitals?  Strictly verboten!  Won't someone think of the children?  Start clutching your pearl, ladies!

And to think we started of in the Garden of Eden, where Adam and Eve never killed anything, and certainly never wore clothes, until after The Fall.

• Love 9
1 hour ago, paigow said:

They dumped a lot of cash on Pierce Brosnan to do his impression of Daniel Day Lewis....

I think I might be slow because I've seen the trailer a bunch of times and yet I still don't know what the show is about.

• Love 1

Even if Sasha and Rosita had been stealth sneaking into the Savior Compound, it was still beyond stupid to do so.  Taking Negan out as snipers made sense.  Snipers are dangerous because of their accuracy, the distance they can shoot from, and the time it takes to determine where the shots are coming from.  I don't know why they didn't shoot Negan and the idiots that were with him.  Negan wouldn't be able to bash people's heads in if his henchmen weren't keeping everyone else in line with guns.  So why not shoot Negan and the guys with him?

Out of all the things that annoy me about Jesus, his nickname isn't one of them.

• Love 2
14 minutes ago, TigerLynx said:

Even if Sasha and Rosita had been stealth sneaking into the Savior Compound, it was still beyond stupid to do so.  Taking Negan out as snipers made sense.  Snipers are dangerous because of their accuracy, the distance they can shoot from, and the time it takes to determine where the shots are coming from.  I don't know why they didn't shoot Negan and the idiots that were with him.  Negan wouldn't be able to bash people's heads in if his henchmen weren't keeping everyone else in line with guns.  So why not shoot Negan and the guys with him?

Out of all the things that annoy me about Jesus, his nickname isn't one of them.

I think Sasha only had two bullets.

• Love 1
3 minutes ago, JackONeill said:

I think Sasha only had two bullets.

That makes it worse.  They might as well have painted on their foreheads in bright neon pink - "Suicide Mission."  Note to Carl, Rosita, Sasha (Sasha would be smarter than this), etc. - If you are going to try to take out the violent psycho who is surrounded by other violent psychos, you are going to need more bullets, a better plan, and a bigger boat.  You also have to be willing to shoot the psycho's henchmen.  Carl, you don't say, "Move out of the way, I just want to kill Negan."  You shoot the guy that is in the way.  Either go big, go home, or stay home in the first place.  Or take a page out of Carol's book and take out the compound like she took out Terminus.

• Love 9
8 hours ago, Tesla said:

I feel like Sasha will be captured and have a Gold Bikini Experience, eventually being added to the harem. ?

And she'll be joined by Maggie, also in a gold bikini, still not showing any sign of pregnancy.

• Love 4
59 minutes ago, TigerLynx said:

That makes it worse.  They might as well have painted on their foreheads in bright neon pink - "Suicide Mission."  Note to Carl, Rosita, Sasha (Sasha would be smarter than this), etc. - If you are going to try to take out the violent psycho who is surrounded by other violent psychos, you are going to need more bullets, a better plan, and a bigger boat.  You also have to be willing to shoot the psycho's henchmen.  Carl, you don't say, "Move out of the way, I just want to kill Negan."  You shoot the guy that is in the way.  Either go big, go home, or stay home in the first place.  Or take a page out of Carol's book and take out the compound like she took out Terminus.

This.

So that was the world's stupidest assassination attempt.  The crazy astronaut woman who wore Depends to drive cross-country on-stop to stalk her ex-boyfriend put in a more respectable effort than this.

Two bullets weren't going to cut it, which is what Rosita should have known after her pathetic ONE bullet attempt not too long ago.  Duh.

They gave up on their stake-out way too quickly, sometimes these things take days, weeks, or even months. 

Regardless of his motives, Eugene is still the smartest guy in the room and was wise to stay put.  Along with the reasons already listed upthread, he probably doesn't want to spend the rest of his life listening to Rosita call him a coward every five seconds and treating him like crap.

As for those who are outraged because Jesus (or any character) is gay, I don't care about the feelings of homophobes.

Edited by GreyBunny
  • Love 7

That was the worst plan ever. Rosita and Sasha talking about memorizing the inside based off what Jesus told them. Jesus is possbly the only character who can sneak there and be stealthy as he's shown he's able to do successfully. So it shows me that Jesus has been there more than once. Sasha and Rosita never stepped foot on it so they don't know the base. Them giving up after one attempt was just so stupid. They could have waited for another opportunity to kill Negan when he goes back outside. Their planning was shitty and outright ridiculous, especially with so little bullets they have. 

Now watch the look on Rosita's face when/if Sasha doesn't return and is dead and she has to go back to Rick & Co. and explain her half ass dumbass plan. If I was Rick I would tell Rosita to just stay her stupid ass in Alexandria while they go to war cause she's so useless, can't shoot a man 3ft away, caused Olivia's death, Eugene's kidnapping, and possibly Sasha's death. She's too much of a liability to the group.

• Love 2

Eugene might actually be planning on taking the place over himself. Make enough defensive improvements to earn the respect of the troops, spout the party line loudly and frequently, and then, if someday Negan does meet with an accident, pull some of the more reasonable badasses into your inner circle and start running the place. There might be an actual power struggle, in which you need to have your alliance of Dwight, Gavin, VampStamp, and GrammarNazi shoot down OtherDwight and possibly Simon or Arat (I love that her name actually is "a rat,") thereby encouraging the others to step into line. Or, Negan's demise might be followed by some sot of council of alphas, in which some are able to establish themselves as more important than others.

I do not believe that Eugene is truly "Negan." However, there is more than one way to fight the system. And if one way involves ice cream, video games, and Robert Palmer girls, and the other way involves two suicidal people with just enough ammunition to kill themselves... I'd make the same decision. And, to be honest, I don't even like video games that much. But... oh, hell. They had me at "ice cream."

By the way, is there anybody who has ever had sex with Abraham without turning suicidal? 

Edited by CletusMusashi
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, TigerLynx said:

Having more bullets doesn't really help a lot in that situation.  The goal is to take out the Big Cheese with the first shot.  After that first shot, everyone is scattering and running for cover, and it is *very* hard to line someone up with a scope when they are scrambling.  You might get in a couple more hits, but likely not kill shots.  Once they've found cover you can keep them pinned, but it's not easy to cap them in that half a second when they look around a corner, etc.  Plus it's likely that people out of your line of sight are already on the move to your position, so you can't stay there very long.

• Love 2
16 hours ago, J----av said:

God how disappointed would Rosita be if it is Carl. She thinks she is getting bad ass Daryl, but then the useless Carl shows up haha

Carl isn't necessarily useless. He saved his dad's ass and helped him take down that massive herd of zombies back at the prison. Given Daryl's refusal to grow and his penchant for moping, I wouldn't really trust him much. 

• Love 1

Carl has grown leaps and bounds because earlier seasons his death couldn't come fast enough. He's so much better now and growing into a little bad ass with sneaking onto Savior's truck and taking out two of them. He's not afraid of Negan.

If I was with that group I would have Michonne, Carl, Jesus, & Sasha with me cause I know they woudn't hesitate to kill some Saviors. Rosita nope can't shoot someone in front of her, Aaron's bf is just useless, and I couldn't trust Morgan. I would also have old Carol with me too. I would have Daryl around just as walker repellent, you know he smells like a walker so it would keep them at bay.

• Love 2

The Sunday Cable ratings are in for "The Other Side":

Speaking of “The Walking Dead,” it was down 0.2 week to week to 4.7, tying its low since Season 2. [10.318 million viewers]

http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/daily-ratings/sunday-cable-ratings-march-19-2017/

And here are the Live + Same Day ratings for Season 7 so far:

10-23-16 “The Day Will Come When You Won’t Be” 17.029 million
10-30-16 “The Well” 12.455 million
11-06-16 “The Cell” 11.721 million
11-13-16 “Service” 11.402 million
11-20-16 “Go Getters” 10.996 million
11-27-16 “Swear” 10.403 million
12-04-16 “Sing Me a Song” 10.481 million
12-11-16 “Hearts Still Beating” 10.583 million

02-12-17 “Rock in the Road” 11.996 million
02-19-17 “New Best Friends” 11.075 million
02-26-17 “Hostiles and Calamities” 10.423 million
03-05-17 “Say Yes” 10.163 million
03-12-17 “Bury Me Here” 10.676 million
03-19-17 “The Other Side” 10.318 million

• Love 1
5 hours ago, Dobian said:

Having more bullets doesn't really help a lot in that situation.  The goal is to take out the Big Cheese with the first shot.  After that first shot, everyone is scattering and running for cover, and it is *very* hard to line someone up with a scope when they are scrambling.  You might get in a couple more hits, but likely not kill shots.  Once they've found cover you can keep them pinned, but it's not easy to cap them in that half a second when they look around a corner, etc.  Plus it's likely that people out of your line of sight are already on the move to your position, so you can't stay there very long.

Good point for a sniper mission, but if someone is going to be a moron and storm the compound all by themselves, they'd better have a hefty supply of bullets or else they won't get past the one or two low-ranked door guards they actually have the ammo for, if they manage to hit them. 

Edited by GreyBunny
5 hours ago, CletusMusashi said:

Eugene might actually be planning on taking the place over himself. Make enough defensive improvements to earn the respect of the troops, spout the party line loudly and frequently, and them, if someday Negan does meet with an accident, pull some of the more reasonable badasses into your inner circle and start running the place. There might be an actual power struggle, in which you need to have your alliance of Dwight, Gavin, VampStamp, and GrammarNazi shoot down OtherDwight and possibly Simon or Arat (I love that her name actually is "a rat,") thereby encouraging the others to step into line. Or, Negan's demise might be followed by some sot of council of alphas, in which some are able to establish themselves as more important than others.

I do not believe that Eugene is truly "Negan." However, there is more than one way to fight the system. And if one way involves ice cream, video games, and Robert Palmer girls, and the other way involves two suicidal people with just enough ammunition to kill themselves... I'd make the same decision. And, to be honest, I don't even like video games that much. But... oh, hell. They had me at "ice cream."

I've been thinking strongly along these same lines as well, based off a few things...

• Eugene's constant recitation of his "I am Dr. Eugene Porter, and I am Negan" refrain.
  • Eugene's emphasis that whenever he asks anybody for something, his request/order should be obeyed as coming from Negan himself.
  • Eugene's use at the same time of his "I am an indisputable authority" tone.

...all geared towards reinforcing the idea in all the Saviors' minds that Negan trusts Eugene to act in his stead, that Eugene has the stones to do so - that to all intents and purposes, Negan and Eugene are interchangeable. 

So if anything "happens" to Negan, Eugene is admirably situated to step into Negan's shoes with a minimum of resistance.

5 hours ago, CletusMusashi said:

By the way, is there anybody who has ever had sex with Abraham without turning suicidal? 

Heck, not even Abraham was safe from that particular affliction.

• Love 3
19 hours ago, Dobian said:

I wouldn't necessarily blame Talking Dead on this phenomenon.  FX series will, on a regular basis, go over an hour.  I am not sure why.  I noticed this a couple of years ago with Justified.  And The Americans do the same thing.

Sasha and Rosita have accepted this suicide mission along with the realization that they must not be captured. But have the ladies of two bullets mentioned how they plan to escape their earthly bonds should the need arise? 

And since they went on this mission in secret and a good number of the savoirs know who they are; should they succeed in their mision, the Alexandria group could be the target of a full out revenge attack without any heads up.

• Love 6
35 minutes ago, Iguessnot said:

Sasha and Rosita have accepted this suicide mission along with the realization that they must not be captured. But have the ladies of two bullets mentioned how they plan to escape their earthly bonds should the need arise? 

And since they went on this mission in secret and a good number of the savoirs know who they are; should they succeed in their mision, the Alexandria group could be the target of a full out revenge attack without any heads up.

To me this is a biggie. It's one thing to be stupidly heroic if it's only you who will suffer from being stupid. But to risk everyone else's lives...well, that's inexcusable AND selfish.

• Love 5
1 hour ago, Nashville said:

that to all intents and purposes, Negan and Eugene are interchangeable. 

After all those Blindspot anagrams... Eunegen / Eunegan

Edited by paigow
58 minutes ago, JackONeill said:

To me this is a biggie. It's one thing to be stupidly heroic if it's only you who will suffer from being stupid. But to risk everyone else's lives...well, that's inexcusable AND selfish.

Yeah it's just lame-brained.  Rick would have planned a coordinated strike that would catch the Saviors by surprise and cripple them.  Instead, he will have to fight on their terms likely.

• Love 1

It's pretty clear from the pictures posted here that it is Daryl with the crossbow at the end.  I just have a bad feeling that it's going to end up being Dwight, which would make me mad, because that would show a deliberate attempt to deceive the viewers.

I can't believe Daryl was going to kill that savior, an act which would endanger both himself and Maggie (and her unborn child), after his previous actions resulted in Glenn's death.  I know Daryl is reckless, but they need to start writing him better.  In fact, maybe the reason that the slow has slipped (in some people's opinion) is that it is too spread out, there are too many characters.  Definitely the way they've fallen into storytelling is disruptive:  Here's a Daryl story, here's a Rick and Michonne story, here's a Hilltop story, here's a Kingdom story, here's a Tara out on her own story, here's a story on the Saviors, and then it's time to wrap up the season.  You don't have the cohesion that you did in the first couple of seasons.  IMO.

• Love 3
14 minutes ago, ctmd said:

I totally missed Jesus saying he was gay. when did that happen?

Near the beginning, when he was talking to Maggie, telling her about growing up in a group home and how he never felt like he belonged anywhere.  He said he didn't have any relationships - he was afraid to get close to people.  And he muttered "boyfriends" in there, and the camera focused on Maggie giving a loving smile and telling him he should try it.

Edited by Ocean Chick
  • Love 1
On 3/21/2017 at 1:26 AM, J----av said:

Negan would probably just kill another person or two to make a point. Killing Negan probably only makes things worse for everyone because he is likely the only thing stopping the Saviors from killing everyone

Plus, Simon would take over.  He's probably worse.  I would love that, though.

• Love 1

Whatever Sasha and Rosita's plan was, they needed more bullets.  Did they even have a plan?  They talked about Jesus showing Sasha the map he drew of the place, and about having explosives.  However, once they got to Negan's, it was sniper shot isn't going to work so let's break into the place with about as much stealth as a herd of elephants.  I'm not sure if Eugene has a plan of his own, if he is trying to figure out a way to get rid of Negan from the inside, or is just trying to survive, but if Rosita and Sasha had shown up the way they did and said they were there to rescue me from a violent psychopath, I would have cried to.  Talk about going from the frying pan to the fire literally.

If that was Daryl at the end, has it dawned on any of them yet, that not only could Alexandria and Hilltop be in even more danger from the Saviors if they get caught, but they left a pregnant Maggie on her own with a bunch of people who are just learning to fight, and Gregory, a guy who does not want them at Hilltop, and is a spineless coward who will do anything to save his own ass.

Edited by TigerLynx
  • Love 2

Sasha and Rosita didn't have a plan let alone a decent plan for killing Negan. I have no idea why Sasha would consider herself (possibly the group's best sniper) more dispensable than Rosita. I have no idea why she wouldn't assume that Rosita will just try again, regardless.  I really have no idea why no one has said to Rosita's complaints the last few days - "Excuse me, you tried killing Negan and missed. Why am I listening to you whine and complain about the rest of us who are taking actual steps towards bringing him down?"

All that said, I think they abandoned their hide-out and snipe at him plan because the radio said that the Saviors were going to search the surrounding buildings to gather more walkers.

• Love 1
3 hours ago, TigerLynx said:

but they left a pregnant Maggie on her own with a bunch of people who are just learning to fight,

Not surprising, since Rick and the whole gang went off on their mission to get Maggie to a doctor and left Father Pee and Spencer in charge of protecting Alexandria. That made just as much sense, I guess.

On another topic, it seems I'm the only one who finds Simon even more ridiculous and cartoonish ("Ooh, I'm such a bad guy you can call me LeRoy Brown! I swagger and smirk as I bully and mentally torture people!") than Negan, without being so nice to look at. He needs to wax the ends of his moustache so he can twirl them.

• Love 2
4 minutes ago, AngelaHunter said:

On another topic, it seems I'm the only one who finds Simon even more ridiculous and cartoonish ("Ooh, I'm such a bad guy you can call me LeRoy Brown! I swagger and smirk as I bully and mentally torture people!") than Negan, without being so nice to look at. He needs to wax the ends of his moustache so he can twirl them.

I think he's disgusting. 

For me Simon doesn't pontificate and just talk just to hear himself talk. He doesn't sound like some old fart trying to be a frat boy. He just tells it as it is from his POV and moves on. Plus he doesn't have osteopororis like Negan with all that back bending or names his weapon and sits it at the table like it's a person.

• Love 2