Type keyword(s) to search

S06.E12: Zerstörer Shrugged

Nitpick: I live in an urban area of Portland and even though there's pretty much nothing but concrete around, it only takes a few days after I dust for it to look like I haven't, even with the windows closed. Yet the bed in the cabin is still totally pristine after years? I was expecting there to be thick clouds of dust rising up when the blankets were lifted up. And not a single spider web? (Okay, that last part I wish was the same in the real world.) Yet, somehow I can fanwank away everything else in the Grimm world!

Edited by Scout Finch
  • Love 4
18 hours ago, Darklazr said:

Hank and Wu had better end up alive next week.

Picking this just because it was the first of several similar posts.

I'm sure they'll be healed, making their "deaths" utterly pointless other than a WOW factor.  Blech.

3 hours ago, Blue Plastic said:

It looked just like when the Black Claw attacked a couple of the other precincts.

Black who now???  You mean that group that members deep in all levels of society in every city (like the judge at Renard's "trial)?  They're all gone, every single one, by some magic ("We didn't know how to incorporate them into this final arc, so **poof** offscreen demolition!" TSTW) just like that.  What was the pint of Meisner's Ghost, antway?

• Love 3
15 minutes ago, dbklmt said:

Knew I had seen him before.  He was the Sheriff of Nottingham in "Once Upon A Time".

That's probably where I saw him too.

If Diana has so much knowledge about the other realm and the symbols, how come she didn't know that opening the portal would allow Skeletor to come over?

2 hours ago, Scout Finch said:

Nitpick: I live in an urban area of Portland and even though there's pretty much nothing but concrete around, it only takes a few days after I dust for it to look like I haven't, even with the windows closed. Yet the bed in the cabin is still totally pristine after years? I was expecting there to be thick clouds of dust rising up when the blankets were lifted up. And not a single spider web? (Okay, that last part I wish was the same in the real world.) Yet, somehow I can fanwank away everything else in the Grimm world!

I also got momentarily hung up on that.  Diana thought the bed was pretty, I thought it must have been pretty grody. 

• Love 3

Hank and Wu better not be dead. Such a stupid way to die. They knew Skull man couldn't be harmed by bullets already since Nick already tried that, yet they go after him with guns!

They should have used a rocket launcher!

Nice that the writers just hurriedly swept the Black Claw storyline under the carpet, the writers never cared about that storyline or Mayor Renard so should the audience?

Also Juliette getting a Get Out of Jail Free card by instantly becoming human with zero effort.

• Love 4

I've been expecting them to basically kill off everyone by the end of this so there was no emotional punch to Hank and Wu because it felt predictable.  Although for half a second I thought they might kill off Nick before the finale and that was sort of exciting. Alas, they did not.

I don't know what to make of Diana being scared. I'm assuming it means we're supposed to take it as dude is really really really powerful given in the past she's usually pretty fucking confident about her ability to destroy her enemies. Still she's such a small-burst-of-exposition character and a not-great child actress, it's really difficult for me to decide how to read the character.

• Love 1

I've always disliked Diana's actress. She gives off a creepy child horror movie vibe and her entire storyline is one of the worst things about the series. It doesn't help that she looks like mini Adalind, who I also never liked.

Edited by icewolf
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, icewolf said:

I've always disliked Diana's actress. She gives off a creepy child horror movie vibe and her entire storyline is one of the worst things about the series. It doesn't help that she looks like mini Adalind, who I also never liked.

I agree with everything, except Adalind worked best as a bad girl and not the current best mother in the world schtick.

3 hours ago, icewolf said:

Hank and Wu better not be dead. Such a stupid way to die. They knew Skull man couldn't be harmed by bullets already since Nick already tried that, yet they go after him with guns!

They should have used a rocket launcher!

Nice that the writers just hurriedly swept the Black Claw storyline under the carpet, the writers never cared about that storyline or Mayor Renard so should the audience?

Also Juliette getting a Get Out of Jail Free card by instantly becoming human with zero effort.

I never expected for their to be any real consequences to Juliette setting Momma Kelly and the neighbors to be killed and burning down the Grimmabago.  Juliette/Eve should have been stuck on the other side of the mirror!

• Love 1

I burst out laughing, when after two seasons of building up the big Black Claw threat to the world, Trubel shows up and dismisses them in a single sentence.  "Oh yeah, we took care of 'em, no biggie".  Way to close up those lose ends, writers, lol.

I would have felt distraught at seeing Hank and Wu brutally killed if not for that stick thing in Nick's pocket.

Edited by Dobian
  • Love 2
3 hours ago, jhlipton said:

Black who now???  You mean that group that members deep in all levels of society in every city (like the judge at Renard's "trial)?  They're all gone, every single one, by some magic ("We didn't know how to incorporate them into this final arc, so **poof** offscreen demolition!" TSTW) just like that.  What was the pint of Meisner's Ghost, antway?

I'm gonna pretend that this is what Ghost Meisner did when he wasn't busy haunting Renard: used his new supernatural status to take out the organization that killed him and his friends at HW ;-)

• Love 7

No way in hell do I think Hank and Wu are actually dead. It was such a pathetic, brutal way to kill two main characters, that I cant buy that even this show would be so stupid, and would insult the fans so much. No way.

Normally I would agree with you, but after seeing Anya killed in the BtVS series finale, I wouldn't be surprised if Hank and Wu really got killed. Disappointed, but not surprised.

That said, I expect them to somehow be alive in the next episode.

• Love 2
2 hours ago, icemiser69 said:

I didn't want them to die, but if they "Charmed" this series, I am going to be major pissed.

IMO, the final episode of "Charmed" made that entire series irrelevant.  Granted, Wu and Hank getting bumped off in the next to last episode of "Grimm", only to have them come back to life in the final episode isn't as bad as "Charmed", but I am still not going to like it.  That is, if that indeed is what happens. 

So, am I to understand if Eve just stayed away from the mirror for a day or two, none of this bad shit would have happened?  If Eve doesn't go through the looking glass than Nick wouldn't have gone through either?  That sucks, and so does the writing.

Juliette setup Momma Grimm and the neighbors to be killed and burned downed the Grimmabago, so of course Eve goes through the mirror and starts the mess with Skeletor!

• Love 3
18 minutes ago, Darklazr said:

Juliette setup Momma Grimm and the neighbors to be killed and burned downed the Grimmabago, so of course Eve goes through the mirror and starts the mess with Skeletor!

That woman is more trouble than..Truble. But, she is Juliette now, no longer possessed, so all will be forgiven. Just like Adalind's evil and her rapes. Just like all of Renard's evil and double crosses. 

Yet they bump off the two solid loyal guys who have been victims evil, rapes and double crosses. Yea. That's fair. 

• Love 6
7 hours ago, neuromom said:

That woman is more trouble than..Truble. But, she is Juliette now, no longer possessed, so all will be forgiven. Just like Adalind's evil and her rapes. Just like all of Renard's evil and double crosses. 

Yet they bump off the two solid loyal guys who have been victims evil, rapes and double crosses. Yea. That's fair. 

I posted earlier that Juliette/Eve should have remained on the other side of the mirror and there was no way to bring her back.  I like Adalind and my sexy pants Renard!  But, Adalind can die at any time and Diana becomes a teenager with hormones that keeps Renard on his toes!

• Love 1
19 hours ago, Darklazr said:

I agree with everything, except Adalind worked best as a bad girl and not the current best mother in the world schtick.

I really hate that Adalind's character encapsulates the sexist stereotype that popping out a few babies "fixed her". 

• Love 5
2 hours ago, Zanne said:

I really hate that Adalind's character encapsulates the sexist stereotype that popping out a few babies "fixed her". 

I agree.  I would have been perfectly fine if Adalind had NOT been pregnant with Kelly Jr. and she returns to her scheming and manipulative ways.  Adalind and not Renard could have been the one that the Scoobies had to pull in with Skeletor, because she knows the most about hexenbiest magic.  Adalind and JulietteEve could have gone through the mirror with Diana in tow and never return!

Skeletor was distractingly hot and I don't believe both Wu and hank's death will stick. They will do something to reversed next episode. 

Also, Skeletor should have escaped to our world long before this episode. This storyline feels rushed because the writers were busy writing filler episodes. 

• Love 2
4 hours ago, Zanne said:

And also nearly lobotomized and immobilized her.  She can only go back and forth from the paint factory to the spice shop with baby Kelly in a carrier and spout a few fun facts of hexenbiest lore.  She can't get involved in any action/adventure, she can only breathlessly answer the phone when Nick calls and see if he's all right.  Zzzzzzz. 

• Love 3
2 hours ago, ShadowFacts said:

And also nearly lobotomized and immobilized her.  She can only go back and forth from the paint factory to the spice shop with baby Kelly in a carrier and spout a few fun facts of hexenbiest lore.  She can't get involved in any action/adventure, she can only breathlessly answer the phone when Nick calls and see if he's all right.  Zzzzzzz. 

Diana should have died after Adalind regained her powers and the only babies by the end of the show belong to Monroe/Rosalie!  Adalind should have returned to her scheming manipulative ways as a lawyer who butted heads with Nick, Renard, Hank, Wu and Monroe/Rosalie on the various wesen cases.

23 hours ago, tpel said:

I'm gonna pretend that this is what Ghost Meisner did when he wasn't busy haunting Renard: used his new supernatural status to take out the organization that killed him and his friends at HW ;-)

Makes more sense than what we saw.

14 hours ago, ElectricBoogaloo said:

...After seeing Anya killed in the BtVS series finale

You mean seeing Buffy "die" in the series finale, right?  Or are you one of those alternate universe people who think there's a season 6 and 7?

• Love 2

Loved the show in the beginning, but stopped watching it a few seasons ago.  Came back when I heard Juliette was dead but then they brought her back as Eve and I left again.  Heard the series was in it's final season and decided to watch the last three episodes to see how they tied up all the loose ends.

Adalind's been tamed by love for Nick and becoming a mother of two.  She's now a milquetoast yawn who wrings her hands and has to be reminded of her Hexenbeist heritage and her knowledge of magic.  "Oh, you want to do that?  I think my mother talked about that one time, it's in her books, but you really shouldn't do that.  It's pretty dangerous and could backfire.  Let's wait to see what Nick comes up with.  I have to go check on the kids.  I'm sure Diana's levitating her brother again." 

Renard mentions his mother made some potion to hide him from enemies when he was a child.  Adalind suddenly remembers "I know what you're talking about!  It's some herbs all chopped up.  I'm sure we have them all here, but we need an Evil Eye thingy.  Sadly, it's never occured to me to keep a stock of herbs and Evil Eyes on hand to protect my own children, despite the Royal's desire to take Diana away and all the fuss about me having a second child with a Grimm.  Silly me."  Rosalie produces an Evil Eye from her jewelry box.  "Great!  I've got what I need to hide Diana from what's his face.  I guess I'll just go make up a little something to hide my little darling from the really evil Bad Guy, and then we'll all go to the woods and trap ourselves in a basement where we can't escape if he finds us and no one can hear us scream!"

The original Adalind wouldn't have been that way.  I could see her changing as a result of her mother rejecting her when Nick took away her powers, but she never would have ended up so submissive.  Original Adalind and Nick had amazing chemistry when they were on opposite sides, and even if they'd gotten together as a couple in the end, it wouldn't have been because Adalind wanted to be a more kinder, gentler Hexenbiest and a great mother to her kids.  It would have been a mixture of her wanting to make people pay for what was done to her, and finding out she had more motherly instints than she'd anticipated would simply have sharpened her edge. 

I don't see the edgy Adalind out for revenge, and I don't see the spark that she had with Nick.  The big reveal that they loved each other had as much passion as  deciding what to have for dinner.  "Nick!  I have to admit that I really want a pepperoni pizza with extra cheese!  I've always wanted it, but now that some guy wants to steal my little girl and have a hundred kids with her, I know I have to tell you about it now, just in case.  What do you say?"  Nick:  "This is so sudden.  I wanted that, too.  Are you sure?  Well then, I'll go off and fight the Big Bad who wants to steal your daughter, and save the world in the process.  If it works out, I'll bring home a family sized pizza with extra cheese.  This is so cool!  Now go lock yourself and the kids and Renard in the strangely dry, dust-free, insect and varmit-free basement while I go do my thing.  A kiss for luck?  <smack>  OK, I'm off and with luck this will all work out.  Take care!"

• Love 6
12 hours ago, possibilities said:

Remember when Nick would be faced with a new monster or wesen villain, and he would consult the books, and they would tell him what weapon or potion to use to kill it?

Adalind's not the only character they lobotomized.

This!  I always loved seeing Nick at the trailer going over the books and figuring out what to do and Juliette took that away from us.   Nick writing in the Grimm books was for me one of the highlights of the show.  All of the Grimm books and weapons should be in a secure facility where their being digitized for the next generation.

• Love 2
18 hours ago, TwistedandBored said:

Skeletor was distractingly hot and I don't believe both Wu and hank's death will stick. They will do something to reversed next episode. 

Also, Skeletor should have escaped to our world long before this episode. This storyline feels rushed because the writers were busy writing filler episodes. 

Too many filler episodes for a final season. And I'm laughing right now because the show's post on Facebook says "everything has led to this". Everything in the...past one or two episodes? This show has gone down so many paths that have led to nowhere, or to dead ends. 

Dont even try to tell me that all 5 1/2 seasons have led to THIS finale. Which the the writers quite possibly came up with one night over pizza and beer. Lots of beer. And probably shots of heavy alcohol, too.

• Love 9
2 hours ago, neuromom said:

Too many filler episodes for a final season. And I'm laughing right now because the show's post on Facebook says "everything has led to this". Everything in the...past one or two episodes? This show has gone down so many paths that have led to nowhere, or to dead ends. 

Dont even try to tell me that all 5 1/2 seasons have led to THIS finale. Which the the writers quite possibly came up with one night over pizza and beer. Lots of beer. And probably shots of heavy alcohol, too.

This forum has logged over 100+ plot holes and those are the things that should (IMO) drove the writers to wrap up the series.  Where is Alexander, Elisabeth, Bud and the other wesens that Nick met when he first became a Grimm?  Is Nick's Uncle George a Grimm?  Does Uncle George have his own family?  Did Nick's father have a sibling or other family members?  Eh.  I better stop now, or my head will explode!

• Love 2

I have a love/hate relationship with Grimm.  I loved all of the shows up to the season where Jules was scratched by a cat, lost all memory of sweet Nick and got the hot-pants for Renard and him for her.  That's when my love for the show began to wane. 

Once she killed Nick's mom AND burned the trailer that contained the books and weapons that had been in the Grimm family for probably hundreds of years, I was too through.

I just want to get through this last show to see what happens, and I can erase Grimm from my DVR forever.  If they tie up the loose ends like they did with Black Claw...well all I can say is good riddance to bad rubbish. 

• Love 3
On 3/25/2017 at 8:04 AM, Enero said:

Skeletor coming through an electric portal then walking around naked killing for clothes and homeless punks mocking him gave me visions of The Terminator.

"I think this guy's a couple cans short of a six-pack." - LOL!

Yes, the similarities are very striking.  I'm sure it was intentional, especially with Skeletor repeating certain human phrases.

I needed something to cheer me up after what had happened to Hank and Wu.

• Love 1
On ‎3‎/‎27‎/‎2017 at 11:32 AM, Zahdii said:

The big reveal that they loved each other had as much passion as  deciding what to have for dinner. 

So much this.  I'm not saying that I needed Spuffy levels of passion (icky or otherwise), but if she hadn't followed him out of the cabin, there would have been no kiss, no "goodbye," no whatever.  There was fantastic chemistry when they were foes, so why didn't the writers tap into that now?  Like much of their storyline, that scene was so boring.

• Love 1
On ‎3‎/‎25‎/‎2017 at 9:33 PM, Dobian said:

I burst out laughing, when after two seasons of building up the big Black Claw threat to the world, Trubel shows up and dismisses them in a single sentence.  "Oh yeah, we took care of 'em, no biggie".  Way to close up those lose ends, writers, lol.

So did I.  These writers are so damn lazy.  I didn't watch the Black Claw nonsense, but it was a stupid way to end the villain of last season.  Such build-up for a villain and have it putter out anticlimactically.  These writers don't deserve another job after they botched Grimm. 

Diana/child actress is terrible.  And why does she have the face of a 35 year-old?

Renard still has nothing to do. 

I've forgotten how gorgeous Claire Coffee is, and she really is a very good actress.  I want the supporting cast to get better jobs after this Grimm fiasco. 

The stick is still being referred to as a stick.  Lazy writers can't figure out a cool name for this stupid stick.  Raiders of the Lost Ark has the Staff of Ra.

Crosses fingers that Nick bites it in the finale.  He's a terrible Grimm, so I'm rooting for the Terminator to drag Nick and Eve into an alternate dimension.  Let Trubel take the mantle of the Grimm like Terry McGinnis/Batman Beyond.

• Love 1
13 hours ago, spaulding said:

So did I.  These writers are so damn lazy.  I didn't watch the Black Claw nonsense, but it was a stupid way to end the villain of last season.  Such build-up for a villain and have it putter out anticlimactically.  These writers don't deserve another job after they botched Grimm. 

Diana/child actress is terrible.  And why does she have the face of a 35 year-old?

Renard still has nothing to do. 

I've forgotten how gorgeous Claire Coffee is, and she really is a very good actress.  I want the supporting cast to get better jobs after this Grimm fiasco. 

The stick is still being referred to as a stick.  Lazy writers can't figure out a cool name for this stupid stick.  Raiders of the Lost Ark has the Staff of Ra.

Crosses fingers that Nick bites it in the finale.  He's a terrible Grimm, so I'm rooting for the Terminator to drag Nick and Eve into an alternate dimension.  Let Trubel take the mantle of the Grimm like Terry McGinnis/Batman Beyond.

No doubt! Especially in light of the fact of what Sasha posted about last years comic-con. He said, that  even though it would be a few months before the public would find out, they all privately new season six was the last. 

Which means the writers had NO EXCUSE to not have this season be tight, coherent and focused.  They had MONTHS to prepare. Yea, sure,   A couple of the episodes with the old  WoTW format were kinda nice...but this 6th and FINAL half season was NO time for that!

Edited by neuromom

Nice of Zerstorer to spruce himself up into a blond, ripped adonis rather than the green eyed skull guy to meet his child bride.  Also hilarious how he would mimic/practice words and sentences and moods from the people it interacted with.

This storyline would've been a great regular season finale for them to shuttle wee Diana off with her namesake grandmother to another plane of existence/world to protect her only for her to return older (and thus killable)  for the final season where she's the big bad due to Grandma Diana's influence/corruption.  Grandma Diana could've been grooming Diana to be THE Royale Queen to lead the wesen uprising to take over the world once and for all from humans. 

THEN she could've met her beloved hot Zerstorer, give him a smooch, and then destroy him herself because she's that bad a badass.

Kelly is then made important because he's -you guessed it -the only one who can stop his sister and oddly, Diana has affection for her little brother that does hinder her from outright killing him since he's a baby/toddler and she remembers being a pawn of others as a child.

The other thing is that if the show wanted to give BT the fun of being bad and CC the switch of being good, they should've just made it that Juliette and Adalind switched bodies and couldn't be switched back. Bitsie is now Adalind who detests Nick but looks like his beloved and Claire is now Juliette who loves Nick but now looks like the woman he hates and who she detests. It just would've been cleaner instead of the Eve nonsense.

Moot thoughts, I know.

Looooved seeing S1 haired Nick. DG was so baby faced.

Such a tease of Renard and Adalind talking about how the three of them wouldn't be so easy to take down. What that united family could've been in terms of a big bad complication for Nick and TeamGrimm on the show.

LOL, the scene of TeamGrimm increasingly yelling out the exposition about the stick and the staff and 'OMG! the crusaders were totes right about burying the damn thing to stop big evil from coming!!!!' was hilarious and bad and hilarious.

Huh, Zerstorerer wants baby Kelly, too?

Hank and Wu are gonna be resurrected somehow.

8 hours ago, neuromom said:

No doubt! Especially in light of the fact of what Sasha posted about last years comic-con. He said, that  even though it would be a few months before the public would find out, they all privately new season six was the last. 

Which means the writers had NO EXCUSE to not have this season be tight, coherent and focused.  They had MONTHS to prepare. Yea, sure,   A couple of the episodes with the old  WoTW format were kinda nice...but this 6th and FINAL half season was NO time for that!

Season six (for me) could have taken any one of the following steps.

1) Wrap up all of the 100+ plot holes and just stay away from WoW.

2) BC and HW are still battling it out.  The green eyed wesen and the other wesens from old Germany start coming out of mirrors around the world due to Nick and Juliette.  Humans are freaking out at the "wesens" that are coming out of the mirrors and those locked in mental facility are vindicated that they're not crazy.  We have a major show down between humans, wesens, BC, HW, Royal's and Resistance 

4) Diana sacrifices herself in order to end the green eyed wesen and wesen reign of terrors.  Adalind and Juliette kill each other!

The End!

• Love 1
On 3/26/2017 at 10:12 PM, jhlipton said:
On 3/25/2017 at 10:55 PM, tpel said:

Makes more sense than what we saw.

Unlike much of what we've seen on this show, it's actually totally in-character. Royals kill off Meisner's father and girlfriend? He spends years fighting them, culminating in bumping off their heir-apparent and finally their king -- which, judging by the Royals' subsequent irrelevancy on the show, threw them into disarray. Instead of worrying about Grimms, they should have been worrying about a plain old human with a grudge! Similarly, Black Claw kills Meisner and his HW crew? They'd better hope he's dead in a permanent and non-haunty way, 'cause otherwise they're doomed!

This episode was terrible, and I don't usually say that about shows I like, even when the episodes really are terrible. Beyond the mess of a plot and the Hank/Wu deaths, the directing was horrible. At one point, Trubel was speaking to Nick and the camera was pointed to her back--the whole thing looked like a film student directed it. Nick/Juliette still have chemistry, so watching the "I love you" scene between him and Adalind was forced and weird. The whole episode was forced and weird. I mean, I hated this one. What a terrible way to head toward ending the series.