Type keyword(s) to search

S06.E12: Zerstörer Shrugged

The prophecy that was uncovered comes to pass when a dark force arrives in Portland with its eyes set on Diana. In an effort to protect her, Nick, along with Capt. Renard and Adalind, returns to the scene of his first investigation as a Grimm. Back at the Spice Shop, Monroe, Eve and Rosalee make a discovery that uncovers the origins of the mysterious stick. Meanwhile, Hank and Wu are called to a crime scene that is connected to the gang's greatest threat.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.

Not Hank.   He was the original partner, he should not be dead.   

Look, the kid who plays Diana might not be the best actress in the world, but I do not need to see a little kid scared out of her mind on my screen.  

Finally, how are they going to explain ANOTHER precinct all shot up/destroyed?  Geez. 

Edited by merylinkid
  • Love 8

That's going to be reversed right? They really didn't just kill of Hank and Wu?! I actually figured Nick was going to die in the finale, especially after how Nick/Adiland had a goodbye. But I was not prepared for Hank and Wu. I kept thinking it was another dream/vision that Diana was having.

• Love 11

Noooo. Seriously? Wu and Hank? I'm guessing the stick won't work since it is part of the staff and they were killed by the staff. Plus in the previews Nick was pissed. Yeah, their dead and I'm pissed. They should have killed Juliette and Trubel. I figured Monroe and Rosalee are safe. I still cannot believe they killed Hank and Wu. Damn. 

• Love 6

No no no no no no!!!! Nick has to use the magic stick to bring back Wu and Hank. I want this show to have a happy ending! 

How did the guys get to Skeletor before Trubel did? She was right behind him. If Diana is as powerful as they keep saying wouldn't she be able to do something? 

• Love 2

Well, that just happened.  Unless this all leading up to some big reversal (the stick, perhaps?  Time-travel?!!), Hank and Wu just bit it. Normally, I would find that to be a cheat, but I would seriously be bummed out if both of them went out like that.  Although, I guess I could see the show trying to make some statement over how it is the two non-Wesen's who end up getting killed, due to being involved in Nick's fight.

So, basically the endgame is that Skelton guy is in Portland, wearing Wil Travel's skin (Nottingham from Once Upon A Time.  Or Simpson from Jessica Jones!), and is trying to get the almighty stick, because it is part of his staff, which is apparently made up of parts of every famous staff known to mankind or something?  And he doesn't just want Diana, but Kelly too?  This might have been interesting if they actually spent more time developing this, but it all feels so random.

But, hey, Trubel's back!  Yay, Trubel!!!

Nick and Adalind declare their love for one another, so I guess they're the endgame couple?  Assuming they both survive the finale?

Eve is no longer a hexienbeast, but I guess she'll still have some role to play next week.

I swear show, don't even think of doing anything to Monroe and Rosalee!

Despite Hank and Wu's deaths, it still feels less the penultimate episode to the series finale, and more of just the set-up for a normal season finale.  This whole season has just been kind of weird.

• Love 6

10/10 This episode just left me speechless never thought this show would kill Hank and Wu especially impressed with Zero and how he completely manhandles Nick. Great to see that Trubel is back really looking forward to this season

• Love 3

I can't believe that I watched this series faithfully from start to finish with Boralind and Nick in love, Renard reverting to a complete asshole, and Hank and Wu dead.  This is another series I'm going to regret watching. I swear, if this series decides to go with a scorched Earth ending instead of a happy ending, I am never watching genre shows again. Well, I will wait until the final episode, decide if I liked the ending, and then binge watch.

This episode annoyed the hell out of me.

• Love 8
3 hours ago, mustbekarma said:

I can't believe that I watched this series faithfully from start to finish with Boralind and Nick in love, Renard reverting to a complete asshole, and Hank and Wu dead.  This is another series I'm going to regret watching.

This is what happened after I watched the last season of House. I can no longer enjoy it on rewatch and it looks like it will be the same story with Grimm.

We're not supposed to believe that Hank and Wu are dead dead, right? Like in a permanent way? Their deaths were so close to the end credits, conveniently placed for a stick revival next episode. If they really are dead, then I'm kind of pissed. Not that there were casualties, even beloved ones, but that their deaths were so . . . well . . . stupid. Nick: Shooting Skeletor didn't work in the other place. Nick, Hank, and Wu: Let's shoot him with really big guns. Huh? I mean, yeah, bring the big guns just in case they at least slow him down, but if ever there was a time for Grimm weapons (axe, machete, whatever), this was it.

Come to think of it, this story arc is one bad decision after another. Eve goes into the mirror alone. Then Nick goes in after her. Neither really has a plan. Now Diana opens the mirror-portal to get them back, unleashing hell on earth, apparently. Diana at least has the excuse of being either a toddler or a tween, neither of which is known for great forethought. Then Nick decides the perfect hiding place for Diana is out in a cabin in the woods because . . . I got nothing. Yeah, I know, the writers liked the symmetry. But it divides the group and is not particularly defensible. Then Adalind's idea that the safest place for Diana is also the safest place for Kelly . . . Really? I would think the safest place for Kelly is far, far away from the person whom the evil beastie is targeting. Of course, it randomly turns out later that Skeletor wants Kelly, too. Because why wouldn't a child-bride stealing creep want his infant brother-in-law around? Sigh.

OK, they did make one good decision in recent memory: bringing Renard into the fold. He seems committed to protecting his daughter.

This is what happened after I watched the last season of House. I can no longer enjoy it on rewatch and it looks like it will be the same story with Grimm.

I'm thinking I've waited just about long enough to re-watch House, stopping at the end of season 3.

Edited by tpel
  • Love 6

There was a moment soon after they came back through the mirror when the camera kept focusing on Nick, and he looked kind of weird/shady, and then he seemed to be hiding that he used the stick to heal himself, when I thought that the skeleton guy had come back in Nick, possessing him, and the series was going to end with them having to kill Nick to kill the bad guy. I was so relieved to see him come through that mirror at the gas station.

• Love 6

Nick is not firing on all cylinders.  He is a Grimm.  He has to behead these foes.  I was kind of ticked.  He took a lot of time with his back turned leaning over Hank when Skeletor was still right there.  He's not the sharpest tool in the shed these days.  Probably good that Renard is with the kiddies.

• Love 9

I thought it was Julieve that was really Zarathustra. 

Oh, I didn't know Oregon was like New Jersey in that you're not allowed to pump your own gas. See? If they had Self-Service gas stations, dude would still be alive. Well, maybe not; he might've had to pee no matter who pumped his ten dollars' worth.

Right after Grimm, I turned over to PBS, which was showing an old "New Tricks" - and, don'cha know, there was a painting of a guy with a staff.

• Love 3
28 minutes ago, Shanna Marie said:

when I thought that the skeleton guy had come back in Nick, possessing him, and the series was going to end with them having to kill Nick to kill the bad guy. I was so relieved to see him come through that mirror at the gas station.

I actually thought really early on that Juliette was wither possessed by Baddie or was Baddie in disguise and really Juliette was trapped on the other side. I thought that's what Diana was hinting at about Juliette being different but, then they revealed that she was human again.

Oh, I didn't know Oregon was like New Jersey in that you're not allowed to pump your own gas. 

I had the same thought! I was like wait a minute Oregon does Full Service? I know WA doesn't but, I think Cali might. NJ is such an oddity most every other state on the East Coast is self serve or full service at a higher price. 

Edited by Morrigan2575
  • Love 1
31 minutes ago, ShadowFacts said:

Nick is not firing on all cylinders.  He is a Grimm.  He has to behead these foes.  I was kind of ticked.  He took a lot of time with his back turned leaning over Hank when Skeletor was still right there.  He's not the sharpest tool in the shed these days.  Probably good that Renard is with the kiddies.

Yeah, I was hoping Trubel would show up, machete in hand, and take care of business. Our guys just weren't handling things well. Renard at least has a strong attachment to his own life, and now, that of his daughter. He would be bright enough not to just fling himself bodily at the bad guy, or linger obliviously over fallen buddies, I hope. 

• Love 2

I will be really annoyed if Hank and Woo are both really dead. It's one thing to kill a main character, but they were both really awful death scenes that didn't give them any kind of closure or serve a purpose. They also happened way too fast for two main characters on a long running show.

• Love 7

I'm not watching the last ep.  I'll tape it and see what the comments are, but this ep was just terrible.  Only good thing was that they showed that Hannah R. Loyd can act (unlike Bitsie Elizabith), soi she was just given crappy direction all seaqson.

Where to start.  Lawd.

1) This is the second time that Renard and Adalind were on the sidelines (end of s4) while Nick and the Scoobies ran the show.  Boo!  

2) JulietteEve.  Ugh.  Why couldn't skeletor leave her on the other side of the mirror?!

3) What's up with Truble trying to get her hands on the stick?!  Shady, AF!

4) Awee.  Renard loves his daughter.  My sexy pants is one hot Daddy!

5) It's been six years and Nick should be the ultimate badass Grimm and he's not.   What the heck?!

6) I never wanted to see Trubel ever again and it's a shame skeletor did not take her out.

7) Hank and Wu had better end up alive next week.

8) Skeletor guy would not be after uber special snowflake if Adalind had not rubbed that nasty bloody goop on her pregnant stomach.

9) I find it rather telling that the show waited OVER a year before we had Monroe and company finding references to the old "stick."   RME.

10) Sigh.  I love this show and hate to see it end.  Boo!

• Love 3
1 hour ago, Shanna Marie said:

There was a moment soon after they came back through the mirror when the camera kept focusing on Nick, and he looked kind of weird/shady, and then he seemed to be hiding that he used the stick to heal himself, when I thought that the skeleton guy had come back in Nick, possessing him, and the series was going to end with them having to kill Nick to kill the bad guy. I was so relieved to see him come through that mirror at the gas station.

I thought for sure he was actually the destroyer.

• Love 2

Wonder why Trubel conveniently showed up, telling that Black Claw was gone. Doubt it. Also doubt that there is some Grimm hotline alerting all Grimms in the area to trouble.

The stick and the staff story seemed to all of a sudden come up in Monroe's Bible? A lot of conjecture and a bit out of nowhere. Surely there was some legend somewhere that told off the staff and the missing pieces.

The story is about Nick. Not Nick and Trubel.

Skeletor should have left Juliet in Saxon Black Forest.

Too easy to wipe out both Wu and Hank. Both not earned. I expect some sort of reversal.

Did like the Destroyer dude mimicking modern human language. It actually, er, worked.

• Love 3
7 hours ago, Darklazr said:

It's been six years and Nick should be the ultimate badass Grimm and he's not.   What the heck?!

Remember when Nick was a brand new Grimm and was sending back all those heads to the Royals?   Guy had no clue what he was doing but was kicking ass against major heavyweights.   Where did that Nick go?

• Love 13

I liked the little flashbacks to early Grimm. I had forgotten how weird Nick's hair was. 

I actually like Trubel but they should've had a scene in the last one or two episodes explaining why she would rush into town, all frantic about the stick. It, and she, came out of nowhere.  

• Love 5

Hank and Wu's death was a bit over the top which is why I think they're not going to stay dead. Somehow this is all going to be undone. I think when it's over, I wouldn't be surprised if they have no idea that Nick is a Grimm or that they are surrounded by Wesen. Wu mentioning them wishing they'd not had all the experiences they'd had earlier in the episode makes me suspect this could happen. Also they are both dead, if the stick brought them back, it's possible their recovery could be different from Eve and Nick who weren't yet dead, when they were healed, but just mortally wounded.

Skeletor coming through an electric portal then walking around naked killing for clothes and homeless punks mocking him gave me visions of The Terminator. I think he wants it all, not just the stick put completely back together, but Diana as his child bride (ick) and Kelly who is obviously a Grimm and can be useful to him in some evil way. 

Don't know why Trubel is back. Never liked the character and always thought she was useless. Perhaps the writers felt like the audience would want to see her one last time before the show was over. 

Despite its flaws this was, at least, an engaging episode. 

Edited by Enero
  • Love 2

Nooooooooooo! I am really hoping that either Nick heals Hank and Wu with The Stick. My only other theory was that they would do some sort of time spell because I REFUSE TO BELIEVE THEY ARE BOTH DEAD.

I assumed the Hank/Wu conversation at the gas station about all they've been through was just one of those "the series is ending so let's reminisce" kind of like Nick, Renard, and Adalind all talking about what happened at the cabin in S1, but I wonder if there will be a time spell and Nick will decide to change the past so that he doesn't get Hank and Wu involved in Grimm stuff. Anyway, I love how Nick, Adalind, and Renard were racing to get Diana and Kelly out to the cabin to hide Diana but once they got there, they were like oh, hey, let's just stand out here and have a stroll down memory lane! GET INSIDE!

How did Nick know that the blutbad didn't have any family members who got the cabin after he killed that guy? Or that it wasn't sold? Imagine if they'd started unpacking the car and then some blutbads came out ready to attack a grimm who showed up on their remote doorstep with a zauberbiest and a hexenbiest.

So there's this super quick and easy spell that only takes seven ingredients and will hide Diana's presence but no one thinks that as they're going into battle against Skeletor that maybe Adalind should drop this fairy dust on Renard and herself (so that Skeletor can't find Diana by looking for them) or Nick, Hank, Wu, Monroe, and Rosalee?

Skeletor showing up naked in the gas station bathroom reminded me of Terminator 2.

Nick: Shooting Skeletor didn't work in the other place. Nick, Hank, and Wu: Let's shoot him with really big guns. Huh? I mean, yeah, bring the big guns just in case they at least slow him down, but if ever there was a time for Grimm weapons (axe, machete, whatever), this was it.

I thought maybe they were going to have some explanation about how Nick's gun couldn't hurt him in The Other Place for reasons so that they could at least slow him down or hurt him a little with guns here on earth, but nope. I even thought maybe they'd go with that Buffy "no weapon forged" thing, but again nope.

Another annoying/stupid thing was when one of the characters said they were going to go do something and Nick said, "No, none of us go anywhere alone now." Cut to the research scoobies calling Nick to tell him he needs to get to the spice shop and then Nick telling Hank and Wu that he's leaving BY HIMSELF. I thought that would end with Skeletor finding him while he was alone.

I thought both Nick and Juliette were looking shifty after they came back through the mirror, so I was relieved when Skeletor showed up.

Edited by ElectricBoogaloo
Because it's a spice shop, not a spice shot!
  • Love 3

Hank and Wu are not dead, people. Come on. Too meaningless. 

Thought Diana turned into scared little girl too quickly for someone with her powers and past. "Will it hurt?"

I enjoyed how all these people with various histories were back together at the end. 

What's with Zue-Terminator copying random phrases for comedic effect? Seemed out of place.

Nick used to be quite nerdy.

• Love 2

That.actually. Happened.

screw you,show runners! 

Shouldn't have been Hank and Wu..Zoerster should have broken the fourth wall and gone after the showruners . Some of us die yards are trying to "stick" it out until the bitter end , thinking that the "main cast death" would hopefully be JuliEve, and they take BOTH Hank and Wu. 

When Wu woged, I knew it was over for him. But Hank. What an awful scene. I spontaneously cried for the first time in years.

So, we should expect to see the Feds in there next week, right? I don't think Portland has much of a police force left. 

I'm not big on "reversals" on deaths on shows...but I'll support this one. 

What a nice f-u to the loyal fans. I'll watch the final ep only to see what the writers can pull out of there ass to finish things off.

thanks a lot, showrunners. 

Edited by neuromom
  • Love 7

How about a Newhart-style ending next week, where Nick wakes up in bed next to Juliette and tells her about a wacky (very long) dream he just had.  There were Grimms, and wesen and Skeletor and they all died, but whew! It was just a dream.   Thank goodness it's over now, and Juliet has to get up to go to work and be a vet, and Nick is a regular non-Grimm cop along with Hank and Wu.    I'd be ok with that. 

• Love 7

I vote for Nick to use a big ass ax to cut off Skeletor's head, send the head back through the mirror, dispose the body so that it can NOT be reattached to the head and then revive everyone that died.  Up next, the "stick" and the "staff"...lol .... are all destroyed and everyone goes back to their lives.

Oh!  A time jump to fix all of the messes that this show created in the first place!

Edited by Darklazr
  • Love 3

at the start of the next episode, he could raise them from the dead with the stick although it wasn't clear where the zerstoerer went or if he's still chasing Nick. I wonder what the goals of the zerstoerer are, or if he just randomly kills.

I bet that Kelly, Trubel, and maybe Rosalee will be the only ones who survive. or grimms only. What is the point of being a grimm unless it gives you a superpower to win in a fight. Will the clueless Portlanders finally start to wonder what's going on as this guy rampages around the cool neighborhood with bars by Hawthorne bridge? .. or they're acclimated to this sort of crime rate. I did like the setting and thought put into filming this.

I noticed the 'Last Chance Gas' station where zerstoerer found a mirror in the restroom to use as a portal from the underworld.  Grimm often these stylized gas stations to stage crime scenes, or to provide a place for mildly dysfunctional wesen to have a job. They aren't mundane am/pm mini marts or Shell stations, but seem to be at the edge of town with few people around. This episode had the zerstoerer first appear at the edge of town, and then he is suddenly in an atmospheric light industrial district- and Grimm often uses this type of staging where characters are out in the woods, then back downtown.  In a prior season, Grimm used this scenic gas station on highway 26, which is like the last gas station on the highway to the Oregon coast from Portland. In real life, we once went there ;they don't have equipment to pay at the pump, and you go inside to pay after pumping the gas. I didn't have cash, so the clerk got out her plug in credit card reader, but it seemed to be having problems because it couldn't read either of my two bank cards. So they were sort of glaring as though I was going to be a nonpaying customer, and they monitored me going over to a nearby mini-market to use their atm machine. https://www.google.com/maps/@45.6793391,-123.1903165,3a,75y,260.1h,94.68t/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1su4092AlR9wgtfidbTz_ggg!2e0!7i13312!8i6656

Edited by ottilie
  • Love 1

I have to believe both Hand and Wu will be revived because those deaths were so violent and pointless for such important characters, but then I remember how badly this show has been written this season and I'm not confident they will be. That may have been shocking just for the sake of being shocking, and another horrendous mis-step on the part of the writers.

I know they wanted to come full circle with the cabin in the woods but that felt unconvincingly forced and inorganic. Also, when human-turned Skeletor was imitating all the people who were shouting at him I was cracking up and I don't think that was supposed to be funny. 

• Love 6

It occurred to me..if super special all-powerful snowflake Diana is scared of Zoerster, then what makes Nick and the gang think that THEY can kill him?

also, if they want to use all the religious stories and imagery, then why not "good triumphs over evil" in the end? 

• Love 3

Help us Google Translate, your our only hope!

No way in hell do I think Hank and Wu are actually dead. It was such a pathetic, brutal way to kill two main characters, that I cant buy that even this show would be so stupid, and would insult the fans so much. No way.

I did like seeing the original cabin in the woods from the pilot and getting some flashbacks from Old School Grimm, but it mostly made me just want to go back and watch season 1 again, instead of making me feel like things had come full circle. I just wish they had kept that original atmosphere of "fairy tales in the modern day" that they had going, instead of falling into soap opera shenanigans and sorry ass world building and arc wielding.

It kind of kills the mood of fear when you keep calling your Big Bad "Skelton Head Guy".

I enjoyed the backstory of the staff, and how they seemed to be bringing just about every mythology they could think of (Grecian! Judeo-Christian! Egyptian! Slavic! Germanic!), because that's pretty consistent as to how the shows mythology has always been. I even liked everyone doing their research, and the scenes between the characters kind of reminiscing about their past relationships. That all worked. Too bad they just haven't built into this in a very interesting way.

If they wanted to do a big ending arc, I really do wish they had something different then "Some Bad Guy Wants to do Bad Thing". And maybe poor Nick could have had a little more to do in his own damn show.

• Love 4
18 hours ago, merylinkid said:

Finally, how are they going to explain ANOTHER precinct all shot up/destroyed?  Geez. 

It looked just like when the Black Claw attacked a couple of the other precincts.  If Skeletor destroys the world then no one will notice because they'll be dead, but if Nick and Co prevail then people are sure gonna wonder what the heck is going on with the police!  Maybe this destruction will be reversed.

15 hours ago, Brian Cronin said:

I could buy ONE of them dying in this episode, but BOTH of them dying makes me think it will be reversed in the finale. 

I really think Hank and Wu will be healed.  The whole scene had the feeling of the writers just wanting to give us an epic battle but the results (Hank and Wu being dead) will not be permanent.  I could be wrong but I think it will be a happy ending.  I was shocked at first but then remembered the stick.

Human-woged Skeletor's actor looked familiar.

• Love 2

I also think they will be healed. It didn't even occur to me until 20 minutes after the show ended. I was like "Oh, Nick will just use the stick and heal them."

But that would feel kind of like a cheap shot, too--done just t freak people out. I do like, however, when shows go the extra mile and kill off loved characters. But not Wu! Not Hank! Noooo!

• Love 1

Sure, when Nick has an ow-ee on his hand, he thinks to use the stick right away. When his two friends lie dying of mortal wounds, he is a dithering mess. Use the stick, Nick!

Did the not-Wu cop who has been around forever get killed? Was he one of the ones that was lying shot next to the squad car?

Did Nick really eat a Blutbad? Isn't that cannibalism? Could Monroe smell that when they got back? I guess those people had to eat whatever came to their gate? Hunting parties probably don't want to stray far from the compound with that many permanently woged creatures running around.

Hank and Wu had better not be dead.

• Love 3

How about a Newhart-style ending next week, where Nick wakes up in bed next to Juliette and tells her about a wacky (very long) dream he just had.

Too bad Suzanne Pleshette died in 2008. He should wake up to her, talking about his crazy dream. Better yet, Newhart himself wakes up! Makes about as much sense as anything else on this disappointment of a show.

I refuse to call them showrunners. To me, they are "so-called showrunners."

• Love 1