Type keyword(s) to search

S13.E17: 'Til I Hear It from You

• Start Topic

22 hours ago, FnkyChkn34 said:

I didn't realize that the actress is only 33.  But still, by 33, someone shouldn't still be so immature.

The problem is they have painted her as unable to come to grips with constant issues. That the smallest thing, she can't deal with. Her parents excuses for staying together at least the last five years was because she wouldn't be able to handle them divorcing (which turned out true). She wants to yell at her "mom: over cheating and leaving the father and when her mother says: "For the first time in ten years, I feel I can finally breathe." Maggie's next line should have been: "Why?" "How horrible was dad that you felt so oppressed?" No, she just starts pouting and basically tells her mom to leave. She went on the other season about her ex-boyfriend, who was a good man, great in bed, but she couldn't sleep in the same bed as him and why they broke up. Then she got upset he turned around 2 years later and got married to someone else. I wanted to go: "It's been 2 years." Then when she gets together with an intern it's: "I don't want us to be public." "Ok, I do want us to be public." "Why are you going so public with our relationship." "I need a break, wait I want you back." "Now, I have no one." 

Maggie is painted as a 15 year old who never got over a guy dating and sleeping with her and then leaving her in the dust. Not someone who was a prodigy, became a great cardio surgeon and went on to find her missing biological family members. She is someone who would get smacked upside the head for being a ditz. 33 or not, you can have much, much better sense than that even if you just have a high school diploma and move furniture for a living. 

• Love 5

I can't stand Amelia. Why don't they just try to adopt a baby?

Originally liked Maggie but she is being written as having the emotional stability of a 10 year old. The scenes where she was griping about her mother's boob job were embarrassing and cringe-worthy. 

I must have missed something: what was the undercurrent in the scene with Stephanie and DiLuca where he professed his love for Jo? 

The scenes with the older couple were tremendous. I can't believe that Owen didn't try to call social services or a relative/friend to take him home. Who allows a grief-stricken 95 year old person to walk out of the hospital without offering some assistance?

• Love 3

Yes, Meredith does have pretty sparkle eyes when she smiles, but geeeez, Riggs, find a little self-respect.

Hasn't the period of time that Owen and Amelia have been "torturing" each other lasted longer than the whirlwind romance that made them think marriage was a good idea in the first place?  FFS, people!  Chalk it up to a lapse in judgment, draw a line, sign the papers, MOVE ON.

I guess we all would have lost money betting the widower Clatch would survive the end credits.

• Love 2
5 hours ago, LisaM said:

I can't stand Amelia. Why don't they just try to adopt a baby?

I don't know all the details about how adoption works in real life, but I'd think a drug addict and a head case who both have extremely time-consuming careers would have a hard time of it.  Maybe Shonda would want to do a surrogacy story.

• Love 1

A surrogacy storyline wouldn't be bad, but I'm guessing that Owen will help her get over her issues and they'll be hunky dory by the finale. Unless Christina comes back, I'm assuming they're endgame. 

They should have just wrote in Caterina's pregnancy as a honeymoon baby and they still could have done the story where she is a nervous wreck about losing another baby. They could have written her out by having her visit her family or she could have been on bedrest or just mentioned her in passing. 

• Love 1
3 hours ago, Stacey1014 said:

A surrogacy storyline wouldn't be bad, but I'm guessing that Owen will help her get over her issues and they'll be hunky dory by the finale. Unless Christina comes back, I'm assuming they're endgame. 

They should have just wrote in Caterina's pregnancy as a honeymoon baby and they still could have done the story where she is a nervous wreck about losing another baby. They could have written her out by having her visit her family or she could have been on bedrest or just mentioned her in passing. 

Yeah, you would think that. But oh no, Shondra figured that SUPER DRAMA over Amelia's "Brainless babies" fear was top notch writing. 

(edited)
On 3/23/2017 at 9:31 PM, LexieLily said:
On 3/23/2017 at 8:55 PM, DearEvette said:

Don't even get me started on Meredith and Riggs.  They are not bringing any heat or chemistry.  His little speech selling himself on why he liked her so much was just trite and unconvincing.  Their terrible bantering and DeLuca's pronouncement of being in love with Jo, Bailey's joking with Arizona over Richard all felt out out of sync with the other parts of the show.  The tonal shift from the serious stuff to the romance stuff was jarring.

I don't even know what Riggs sees in Meredith or why he is so determined to go out with her. They hooked up once in the back of her car and she's been apathetic at best to him ever since, mostly downright rude.

Sort of like Mer is with everybody.

Honestly, I see way more chemistry between Riggs and Maggie. Maggie, in general, has grown on me. I hated the Mary Sue introduction we got, but I enjoy the three sisters being close and talking. This show is generally so fractured, that it's nice to see female friendships again.

Edited by Chewy101

Is there ANYone on this stupid show who can keep a marriage together? It's ridiculous. I love that Samuel L. Jackson's wife is guest starring. Married close to 40 years, they could teach these idiot characters a thing or two.

I'm happy to see Bailey back as a ball buster, instead of that sniveling emotional train wreck she was over the past few seasons. She is more "the Nazi" again.

Seeing Hal Holbrook was nice. I have fond memories of his dapper self on Designing Women.