Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
SilverStormm

Rapunzel's Tangled Adventure

This week's episodes - looks like they're skipping Columbus day:

[Oct 15, 2019] Beginnings
As Rapunzel struggles with Cassandra's betrayal, the princess recounts the story of how she and Cassandra first became friends.

[Oct 16, 2019] The King and Queen of Hearts
Rapunzel finds that her parents' memory loss has made them forget how they fell in love; things get complicated when King Trevor tries to steal the Queen's heart.

[Oct 17, 2019] Day of the Animals
Max, Pascal and the animals must rescue Rapunzel and the gang from being trapped forever in a magical prison.

[Oct 18, 2019] Be Very Afraid
When Corona is overcome by a new strain of rocks that induces fearful visions, Rapunzel teams up with Varian to put an end to the new threat.

• Like 1

"No Time Like the Past"

Aw, this was fun! Although I think they could have just had a flashback episode without the magical shenanigans. I liked seeing the younger versions of the characters; Young Lance should have had some hair, IMO.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Trini said:

"No Time Like the Past"

Aw, this was fun! Although I think they could have just had a flashback episode without the magical shenanigans. I liked seeing the younger versions of the characters; Young Lance should have had some hair, IMO.

Liked it too, though I kind of wished the context wasn't all about Cassandra. Eugene was right the first time: she was the one that betrayed them. But Rapunzel doesn't give up that easily.

LMAO that she and Pascal were in the bodies of the young Stabbingtons. And baby Max!

• Like 1

The flashback episode was fun, if only because I love brunette Rapunzel and the Princess Games. Raps and Pascal's number with the bongos and flute was cute. Even King Fred was bopping along!

I get how Rapunzel's neediness could be annoying, but to be fair, anyone stuck in a tower alone for 18 years would be desperate for any girl friends, or friends, period.

So now Cassandra's pissed because she thinks Rapunzel stole some of the moonstone's powers from her. Oh, you mean when she touched the rocks that YOU took her to and neither of you know what they were?! Grr. Cassandra, you used to have a brain. Can't you see the spirit girl is playing you?!

Edited by Spartan Girl
  • Like 1

"Beginnings"

Crap - my recording stopped 3 minutes before the actual end of the episode! 😕 What happened after they started fighting the Iron Lion??

Anyway, I loved the Contest of the Crowns! This is the content I signed up for! Like can we get a few episodes of Rapunzel visiting these other kingdoms and princesses?

(I skipped the present day Cassandra scene.)

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Trini said:

Anyway, I loved the Contest of the Crowns! This is the content I signed up for! Like can we get a few episodes of Rapunzel visiting these other kingdoms and princesses?

Seriously, I would love that.  Or at least a spin-off series of Rapunzel teaming up with the other Disney Princesses like in Ralph Breaks the Internet.

• Like 1

"King and Queen of Hearts"

So Fred and Arianna have their memories back, or they're starting to anyway. Although I did love seeing Dorky Fred and Dareianna. Seriously, Arianna was badass. More of that please!

I did like that Varian was trying to cure them. He still owes Rapunzel BIG TIME.

LOL at Trevor's Navy Seals.

• Like 1

The animal episode was cute. Max continues to be the best Disney animated horse ever.

And today's episode with the red fear rocks was good too. Lance's solo was awesome -- I live for James Monroe Iglehart. And call me crazy, but I think I'm starting to warm up to Varian again. 

Now we are back in hiatus until whenever. Sigh.

• Like 1

On 10/16/2019 at 12:03 AM, Trini said:

Crap - my recording stopped 3 minutes before the actual end of the episode!

Seriously, are they using a sundial over there?  I've padded the beginning and ending series recording with extra minutes and I've still lost the start of one ep and the end of two.  I don't get why starting their shows on time is so difficult.

• Like 1

"King and Queen of Hearts"

Aw, so this one was cute and sweet and fun! And I always like seeing more of the King and Queen. And a Eugene/Rapunzel kiss! Also loved a callbacks to the movie. King Trevor needs to come back again so we can have more seal puns! I need more episodes like this.

"Day of the Animals"

Seriously? Again with the episode getting cut short??

Anyway - more adventures with random magical shenanigans. Was this the first episode without any Eugene at all? I feel like it's not; but i know I don't remember every single episode.

"Be Very Afraid"

Wasn't really interested in this one; so I was just going to watch the last 5 minutes. But again the episode was clipped.

Edited by Trini
  • Like 1

The animals episode also highlighted that Disney thing where 90% of the time, the animal sidekicks are male.

• Like 1