Type keyword(s) to search

Rapunzel's Tangled Adventure - General Discussion

• Start Topic

Okay, that was a cute, fun episode; even though I still think it's really weird that the show keeps introducing all these fantastical creatures, etc. And a black rocks mention; baby steps! (Does Adira have her own boat?? she's following them, right?)

I liked the island outfits too! It was nice that Pascal had a little adventure/plot.

On 8/12/2018 at 8:53 AM, Spartan Girl said:

I guess they're stuck on the island for the next episode or two.

I doubt it. Although, I feel that the completely smashed caravan will be right back to normal next episode, and I think that's harder to handwave away.

• Love 1

I was right: they're still on the island.

Hook Foot gets his own episode, complete with a romance and a song! Was not expecting the sad ending, but it was beautifully done.

"She's a mermaid?!" "Yeah, so, you're a woman with 70 feet of hair!"

LOL at Eugene and Rapunzel's competing romance advice.

• Love 1
6 hours ago, Spartan Girl said:

I was right: they're still on the island.

Hook Foot gets his own episode, complete with a romance and a song! Was not expecting the sad ending, but it was beautifully done.

"She's a mermaid?!" "Yeah, so, you're a woman with 70 feet of hair!"

LOL at Eugene and Rapunzel's competing romance advice.

Yeah, everything you said, but I really thought they'd be off the island already! I'm concerned about Hookfoot getting his hook back, though. Maybe that will be a future episode?

I'm really wondering about why they decided to do this massive change in the direction/setup of the show with Season 2. Were they always wanting to do this, but they wanted to ease into it with staying in Corona first? These animated shows are made so far in advance, I don't think it's related to audience reaction -- although, I'm sure they did focus groups/testing. It just seems like they decided to change the 'rules' of show all of a sudden.

• Love 1

What a very LOTR episode. And I mean that as a compliment.

It was good to see King Fred again, even though it was just a flashback/vision. His lost letter to Rapunzel was very sweet.

Boy, Raps and the gang went full-blown addicts in this one. Good thing Pascal was around to keep a cool head.

LOL that Eugene's "Blaze" was enough to make the crabs swoon.

So there won't be any new episodes in September so this is the last one for the time being. Very good run so far, or maybe I only feel that way because it's been mostly Varian-free--except for the vision in this episode, and even that filled me with distaste.

7 hours ago, Spartan Girl said:

Very good run so far, or maybe I only feel that way because it's been mostly Varian-free--except for the vision in this episode, and even that filled me with distaste.

I loved the cameo, because it showed the consequences his face turn and actions in the S1 finale - almost killing one of her parents - have on Rapunzel. In S1, Rapunzel's worst nightmare was Gothel returning and trapping her in a tower again - now, her worst nightmare is Varian returning to destroy her family out of a misplaced desire for vengeance.

Also, I appreciate that the show, even in an illusion, still doesn't pull any punches on how twisted and psychotic he's become, with Jeremy Jordan selling it perfectly.

Edited by Inquirer
  • Love 1

Really? Another episode on the island? I'm not really feelin' this season. I don't like it when they veer toward the supernatural, but I did like seeing the Corona characters again, because I miss them too. When are they going back??

Somehow Hookfoot got his hook back?

The lantern letters part of the episode was nice, though.

Still can't find info on when the show will return. But here's a preview of a three-issue comic book based on the show: https://www.flickeringmyth.com/2018/10/preview-of-tangled-hair-raising-adventures-1/

Tangled_Hair-Rising_Adventures_01-pr-1.j

----

Also the show got a few Annie Awards nominations: https://variety.com/2018/film/news/incredibles-2-ralph-annie-awards-nominations-1203077216/

The 46th annual Annie Awards will be held on Saturday, Feb. 2, at Royce Hall on the campus of UCLA, beginning at 7 p.m.

Character Animation in an Animated Television / Broadcast Production

Age of Sail, ...
Back to the Moon, ...
Hilda, ...

Rapunzel’s Tangled Adventure, Walt Disney Television Animation; Character Animator: Juliane Martin, Character: Eugene, Rapunzel, Cassandra
Tumble Leaf, ...

Character Design in an Animated Television / Broadcast Production

Age of Sail, ...
Niko and the Sword of Light, ...
Rapunzel’s Tangled Adventure, 
Walt Disney Television Animation; Character Designer: Amanda Jolly Character: Rapunzel Bird, Cassandra Bird, Father Parrot, Special Birds
The Adventures of Rocky and Bullwinkle, ...
The Adventures of Rocky and Bullwinkle, ...

Music in an Animated Television / Broadcast Production

Back to the Moon, ...
Disney Mickey Mouse, ...
Elena of Avalor, ...

Tangled: The Series, Walt Disney Television Animation; Composer: Alan Menken, Lyricist: Glenn Slater, Composer: Kevin Kliesch
The Tom and Jerry Show, ...

Episode description:

"Max and Eugene in Peril on the High Seas"

Stranded at sea, Max and Eugene are saved by a passing ship, only to discover that they've boarded a prison barge that's recently succumbed to mutiny by the inmates.

Finally, this show is back, and they're FINALLY off that stupid island!

So happy to have a Max and Eugene episode, because their interactions was why I loved Tangled as much as I did. Them versus a whole ship of their old enemies (even Max's horse rival!) was just pure fun. Also loved the Mickey Mouse old-time intro to the episode.

Hilarious that Max just carries that Corona law book wherever he goes.

I knew Eugene would be okay, but I still gasped when he seemingly got stabbed...them promptly laughed when Max punched out the horse.

Starting next week we'll get two new episodes back-to-back. I bet Disney is trying to motor through the rest of the season to make up for that ridiculously long hiatus.

• Love 1

Yeah, first off -- we're off the island! Yay!!

Running into past enemies was cool, but some of them I didn't even remember.

When was the last time there was a Eugene/Max plot main plot? I think there's been at least one before, but I can't remember. Anyway, nice little story about them working together with different styles. Also, it's just funny that Max not only can read, but knows the Corona law book front to back!

A couple of nitpicks, though. We get to see any of the actual crew of the prison barge; what happened to them?? And where were all those Corona prisoners being taken to?

-----

I wonder if production problems are the reason for the delay.

• Love 1
29 minutes ago, AnimeMania said:

I was guessing it was Mandy Moore becoming too famous from "This Is Us".

Hmm, maybe that's it. But doing the voiceovers shouldn't take up that much time, and it could be done in between filming her other show, I would think. Same with Zachary Levi and filming Shazam.

• Love 1

Next 3 episode descriptions:

Curses!

Spoiler

Rapunzel again encounters Madame Zabrina and Vigor the Visionary; Vigor puts a curse on Rapunzel just before she and her friends cross a perilous mountain pass.

The Eye of Pincosta

Spoiler

To bail Eugene out of jail, Rapunzel must team up with Stalyan, Eugene's ex-fiancee, to find a diamond the two thieves had stolen years ago.

Rapunzel and the Great Tree

Spoiler

The Black Rock trail leads Rapunzel and the gang to the Great Tree, an ancient, mountain-sized tree; they run into the mighty Hector and discover the Moon Incantation.

Wow, thes two episodes reminded me very strongly of the Aladdin TV series: Rapunzel getting psyched out by a curse just like Aladdin got psyched out from the "curse of clumsiness", and Rapunzel and Stalyan teaming up a la Jasmine and Sadira. Except Sadira didn't have a history with Aladdin like Stalyan and Eugene.

I wasn't expecting Stalyan to actually start to like Rapunzel and decide to let Eugene go, but I liked it. She'll be an interesting ally...

Okay, seriously something MUST be foreshadowing with Vigor repeatedly giving Eugene the stink eye.

• Love 1

Curses -
Eh, this one was pretty predictable. And every time I see the them cross somewhere perilous, I think "um, how are they going to get back home?"

Pinacosta -
Who did the voice of Virtuous Goodberry? Nevermind, I looked it up; it Lil' Rel. There were a few celebrity voices in this one actually, according to IMDB.

Similar to Max and Eugene's adventure, this was another one with opposites needing to work together; it was cool to see Stalyan again. I hope she shows up again sometime.

These standalone episodes are fine, but I still want to see progress on the Black Rocks mystery.

• Love 1

Well, we got some more answers on the Black Rocks mystery, or at least the Dark Kingdom and the moonstone. So Rapunzel can channel dark powers now, Cass lost a hand, and Adira might be lying to them. This was a dark one, all right.

I really hope Cassandra doesn't wind up turning evil over this. I get she's hurt that Rapunzel didn't listen to her, but she might be overly paranoid about Adira because of some latent guilt that she kind of started this by showing Rapunzel the rocks in the first place -- not to mention bringing Varian into their lives.

The funny Lance and Eugene duet was a bit out of place, but it was silly fun and I loved it.

• Love 1

So I didn't realize this was a hour-long episode.

I did appreciate more revelations about the Dark Kingdom, etc. But even with the "previously on" I don't remember anything about whatever sorcerer they were talking about. I don't know why they would introduce all that stuff about the tree, the writings, scrolls, and then ... destroy it all. (So I guess if/when they travel back to Corona it will be different way?)

And yeah, Eugene and Lance's song was good, but the context was weird. And I think that was the first duet with Levi and Inglehart.

Liked Cass' song. I hope that Rapunzel(?) can heal her hand later.

Edited by Trini
  • Love 1
On 3/17/2019 at 3:25 PM, Trini said:

But even with the "previously on" I don't remember anything about whatever sorcerer they were talking about.

Zhan-Tiri. In "Queen for a Day", when Corona was hit by a blizzard (and Rapunzel was too busy to help Varian), Rapunzel ended the storm using a weather machine he had originally built to destroy Corona. Then in "Painter's Block", the witch posing as an art teacher who tried to brainwash Rapunzel and others into releasing Zhan-Tiri was a disciple of his who had been freed when the machine was put into motion.

On 3/17/2019 at 3:25 PM, Trini said:

But even with the "previously on" I don't remember anything about whatever sorcerer they were talking about.

2 hours ago, Noneofyourbusiness said:

In "Queen for a Day", when Corona was hit by a blizzard (and Rapunzel was too busy to help Varian), Rapunzel ended the storm using a weather machine he had originally built to destroy Corona.

Self-correction, Lord Demanitus (inventor and warrior of ancient Corona) built the machine to reverse the storm Zhan Tiri had magically unleashed on Corona.

The Brothers Hook: The return of Brad Garrett as Hook Hands! That was a fun filler episode after last week. Loved the seal wedding. Was surprised that a hook Foot left the group to tour with his brother, but I guess it's natural. The writers probably exhausted all story ideas for him, LOL.

Rapunzel: Day One: Nothing like an amnesia storyline to get Rapunzel and Cass to resolve their issues. It was fun to have Rapunzel revert back to her Tower Personality, and we had  some great callbacks to the movie. Yeah, I'm impressed that she constructed that elaborate trap in the woods too. For some that's spent her whole life in a tower, she sure can think on her feet!

Owl has an awesome bitchface.

• Love 1

I know I've complained about the slow progress on the overall Black Rocks arc, but I enjoyed these two mostly standalone episodes.

The Brothers Hook -
Was that really Brad Garrett? I wasn't sure if it was a really good impersonator or not. Anyway it was great to see Hook Hand again! I guess King Trevor has appeared before? I don't remember him; or his seal. He was a hoot, though!

Lucille, the "Seal of Approval" - dumb, but I laughed! I'm also surprised they sent off Hook Foot. Will Shorty be next?

Rapunzel Day One -
More callbacks to the movie - my heart! Cass and Rapunzel just happen to come across an abandoned wizard's(or whatever) supply cart with magical stuff - okay. But I still liked that Raps and Cass were able to clear the air and be friends again. And we have the caravan again! How many times are they going to re-build that thing?

Again, I know I'm not the target audience for this show, but I'd love another Raps & Eugene-centric episode.

Edited by Trini
  • Love 1

Next episode descriptions:

March 30 -

Mirror, Mirror

The gang comes across a hospitable old mansion, but they find strange happenings when they gaze into a mirror.

You're Kidding Me!

Looking for a way out of the Mystery House, the gang except Rapunzel and Eugene are turned into little kids.

April 6 -

Rapunzeltopia

Spoiler

Rapunzel wakes up and finds herself back in Corona with short, brown hair and a seemingly perfect life, as if all the events of the black rocks and Varian never happened.

Lost and Found

Spoiler

Rapunzel and Eugene must traverse a deadly maze, with Vigor the Visionary guiding them through the labyrinth.

And now they're stuck in a magical house with an evil French dude. Okay...

Mirror Mirror: Anytime Shorty acts normal and well-mannered you KNOW something's off. I admit they got me when Eugene turned out to be the clone all along, but it so figures that he'd be the first to get taken by the mirror because he's so vain. Also lol that Mirror Rapunzel fell for The Smoulder!

Was I the only one that immediately thought of the Taco Belll Godzilla commercials when Rapunzel was calling out "Heeeeere lizard lizard lizard!"? 😂😂😂😂

Youre Kidding Me: This was a fun one. Rapunzel and Eugene getting an early taste of parenthood. It makes sense that Raps would try to be more lenient after what Gothel put her through.

• Love 1

I didn't think these last episodes were bad, but I think I'm getting 'magic shenanigans' fatigue. Seeing Cass, Lance, and Shorty as kids was fun; also seeing Raps and Eugene's different parenting styles.

I really thought they'd be out of the creepy inn by the end of "You're Kidding Me". So will this be a 4-parter?

I wish I knew how many more episodes this season has.

• Love 1
23 minutes ago, Trini said:

I didn't think these last episodes were bad, but I think I'm getting 'magic shenanigans' fatigue. Seeing Cass, Lance, and Shorty as kids was fun; also seeing Raps and Eugene's different parenting styles.

I really thought they'd be out of the creepy inn by the end of "You're Kidding Me". So will this be a 4-parter?

I wish I knew how many more episodes this season has.

The season finale is on April 14 so we are in the home stretch.

• Love 1

Oh dammit, something happened to Cassandra in that room and now she's going to betray them in the Dark Kingdom. Ughh was so hoping that wouldn't happen.

Rapunzel hitting Dream Gothel with the frying pan was awesome.n

Demantius turning out the be Vigor was a great twist -- and Timothy Dalton was a great choice for the voice!

Next week is the season finale and hopefully an end to the Black Rocks storyline! But then again we have one more season after this, so who knows if they'll drag it out longer.

• Love 1
(edited)

Cassandra, NO! But my question is, was that even Cassandra that came out of that door??

I was prepared to be thoroughly annoyed at yet another Vigor episode, but the twist that he was Demantius was great. And I did get the Rapunzel/Eugene centered episode that I wanted.

I'm still not really into the whole magical backstory/mythology. That being said, I'm glad we got the whole scroll and some answers, and they're almost to the Dark Kingdom, so payoff is near.

Just me, or was Mother Goethel one of Demantius' students(?) that betrayed him. One of the silhouettes looked like her to me.

On 4/7/2019 at 8:20 AM, Spartan Girl said:

-- and Timothy Dalton was a great choice for the voice!

See, I recognized the voice, but couldn't place a name/face; thanks!

Next week is the season finale and hopefully an end to the Black Rocks storyline! But then again we have one more season after this, so who knows if they'll drag it out longer.

I hope not! But it's a real possibility, though. And even if we're done with the Black Rocks, etc. this season, next season I assume there are still repercussions. Things are still kind of openended with Varian and his father. I feel like that story didn't get a solid resolution.

Edited by Trini
  • Love 1
(edited)
11 hours ago, Trini said:

I was prepared to be thoroughly annoyed at yet another Vigor episode, but the twist that he was Demantius was great. And I did get the Rapunzel/Eugene centered episode that I wanted.

On 4/7/2019 at 8:20 AM, Spartan Girl said:

Demantius turning out the be Vigor was a great twist -- and Timothy Dalton was a great choice for the voice!

I had already read a spoiler that Vigor was possessed by Demanitus a few weeks ago, but I forget where. Maybe Wikipedia. It was in the description of him as a character, not an episode summary.

Edited by Noneofyourbusiness

HOLY SHIT A CLIFFHANGER.

Cassandra was the traitor, yup. But now we have to wait til next season to find out what's going on with her and what her "destiny" is supposed to be.

Eugene is the Dark Prince! Fans on Tumblr have been calling this for a while, and the hints were there.

I'm glad that they didn't make King Edmund evil though, just a misguided person who thought he was doing the right thing. LOL at The Glower, he is so Eugene's dad.

Wow, even Lance got to kick some butt.

Next season is the final one. It's going to be another long-ass wait...

• Love 1

WHAT - NO!

See, I KNEW that wasn't Cassandra that came back! Or maybe it's her, but she's possessed.

And they're just making Eugene a prince? It's not a horrible twist, or anything; but it's kinda out of nowhere. Way to drop that at the very end of the season.

And how was Cassandra (or "Cassandra") able to grab the Moon Stone? I thought it couldn't be touched -- because it harmed the King when he tried, right?

Anyway I kinda hate that yet again they're ending the season with a friend that has turned against Rapunzel. (Even though I'm guessing it's not really Cass.) I just hoping the next season sorts this out relatively quickly, because I don't want a whole season of Raps vs. Cass.

Interesting parallel: the Sun Drop healed Rapunzel's mother, while the Moon Stone killed Eugene's mother.

On 4/14/2019 at 8:01 AM, Spartan Girl said:

Eugene is the Dark Prince! Fans on Tumblr have been calling this for a while, and the hints were there.

On 4/14/2019 at 8:01 AM, Spartan Girl said:

Next season is the final one. It's going to be another long-ass wait...

Where is this info from? Because it's the first I'm hearing of it. I admit to not being interested in the mythology they've set up, but I really don't recall anything that hinted that Eugene is the Prince of the Dark Kingdom.

Edited by Trini
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, Trini said:

Where is this info from? Because it's the first I'm hearing of it. I admit to not being interested in the mythology they've set up, but I really don't recall anything that hinted that Eugene is the Prince of the Dark Kingdom.

It was a theory that was all over Tumblr.  Another theory was that Varian would be the "Moon Child" or whatever.  Glad that wasn't the case.

A few of my disappointments with Season 2:

• No Varian. I was sure they'd come back around to him,  since he was so important in the previous season; plus his father is connected to the Dark Kingdom.
  • I was interested in the Black Rocks mystery, but I did not sign up for 'magical shenanigans road trip'. (Although some of that was fun.) I missed Corona and its characters.
  • Adira seemed an interesting addition at first, but she mainly just popped up occasionally for deus ex machinas and exposition. And we still don't know much about her. No explanation about the weird choice to have half her face red.
  • If they were going to reveal that Eugene is a prince at the very end, they should have sprinkled a few clues throughout the season. (And I have a feeling they're not going to get to deep into this new info in the season.)
  • Love 1
3 hours ago, Spartan Girl said:

Returns Oct 7 for the final season! Yaaaaay!

I'm not as excited for Season 3, since I had issues with season 2; but I'm still checking it out. Although I'll probably be selectively watching episodes.

From the press release for the new season (spoiler tagging the cast/character info), emphases mine:

The animated adventure comedy "Rapunzel's Tangled Adventure," starring Mandy Moore ("This Is Us") and Zachary Levi ("Shazam!") as the beloved Rapunzel and Eugene, makes its third season premiere with a special one-hour episode, MONDAY, OCT. 7 (1:00-2:00 p.m. EDT), on Disney Channel and in the DisneyNOW app. Eden Espinosa (Broadway's "Wicked") as Cassandra, James Monroe Iglehart (Broadway's "Aladdin") as Lance, Paul F. Tompkins ("Bob's Burgers") as Shorty and Jeremy Jordan ("Supergirl") as Varian are among the talented voice cast. The music is by Academy Award(R)-winning Disney Legend Alan Menken and lyricist Glenn Slater.

In the season three premiere, Rapunzel returns to the kingdom of Corona only to find that it has been taken over by an old enemy. Still reeling from Cassandra's betrayal, Rapunzel must use her inner strength to save Corona and its people, including her parents, King Frederic and Queen Arianna. Sticking by her side is her partner in life, Eugene; her loyal chameleon sidekick, Pascal; no-nonsense and dutiful horse, Maximus; and Eugene's best friend, Lance.

Spoiler

Joining the voice cast in guest roles for season three are

Sean Giambrone (ABC's "The Goldbergs) as the teenage version of Eugene,

Khary Payton ("The Walking Dead") as the new age thug Kai,

Chris Diamantopoulos ("Silicon Valley") as a budding Flynn Rider,

Betsy Sodaro ("Disjointed") as the memory-stealing witch Clementine,

Artemis Pebdani ("It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia") as the werewolf hunter Creighton,

Gina Torres ("Suits") as the rival Queen of Ingvarr and

Tara Fitzgerald ("Game of Thrones") as Zhan Tiri, the ancient threat to Corona.

Also new art with new outfits!:

• Love 1

So the "old enemy" is

Spoiler

a Zhan Tiri-possessed Cassandra,

right? I didn't want a whole season of this, but it looks like that's what's happening. sigh

I'm glad they're going back to Corona, but a little annoyed that they're probably going to handwave/omit the journey back.

They mentioned Jeremy Jordan/Varian, but will he actually be a part of this season? I hope so.

Spoiler

Looks like were getting some more Eugene backstory! I also want them to address the fact that he's suddenly a prince with a father, but I'm not holding my breath on that.

• Love 1

So, they are rolling out episodes daily, instead of weekly like before. Feels like a burn off to me. I don't know if these need to be spoilered? I'm only listing the first week's synopses, although there are more out. (Also not sure about the episode numbering; sometimes double episodes are listed as two.)

[301 - 10/7/2019] “Rapunzel's Return”
After learning the reason behind Cassandra’s betrayal, Rapunzel returns to Corona only to find it taken over by one of her most dangerous enemies.

[302 - 10/8/2019] Return of the King
King Edmund arrives in Corona to give his son, Eugene, a family heirloom; when the heirloom is stolen, Eugene reluctantly joins his father on a journey to retrieve it.

[303 - 10/9/2019] Who's Afraid of the Big, Bad Wolf?
Rapunzel and Eugene's friends Angry and Red return to Corona permanently; their return quickly becomes a nightmare when the kingdom is stalked by a werewolf.

[304 - 10/10/2019] The Lost Treasure of Herz Der Sonne
After discovering a map to a mythical treasure, Rapunzel believes that holding a race to claim it will be just the pick-me-up the people of Corona need.

[305 - 10/11/2019] No Time Like the Past
An ancient hourglass sends Rapunzel and Pascal back in time, and their only hope of returning to the present is in the hands of a teenage Lance and Eugene.

• Love 1

Wow. I guess we should have seen Cassandra being Gothel's daughter coming, but are you kidding me? If I found out my mother abandoned me to kidnap another family's child and keep her liked up in a tower for her eternal youth, I'd be saying good riddance to that bitch, not blaming Rapunzel for for always overshadowing me! Jesus Christ...

Poor Rapunzel. She is so done with being betrayed.

Varian got off a little too easily for my taste but at least he finally owned up to his crap.

• Love 1

Well, I admit they surprised me! My theories were wrong about Cass and the threat to Corona.

The resolution of Varian's arc came an entire season too late for me, after being essentially forgotten.

And... the Saporians - who?? No, don't remind me. I wasn't interested in it the first time, and it seems the writers weren't this time.

Cass' betrayal seemed extremely out of character, despite the (weak, IMO) motivation they gave her. I liked my possession theory better.

I've already said that the show didn't need the extra DRAMA of Cassandra being Goethel's daughter, and that I didn't need a season of Rapunzel vs. another friend turned enemy - especially if they're going to resolve it in one episode like with Varian - they can keep it.

I think I'm only going to watch the Eugene backstory episodes, and a few others that highlight certain characters I'm interested in.

• Love 1
10 hours ago, Trini said:

Cass' betrayal seemed extremely out of character, despite the (weak, IMO) motivation they gave her. I liked my possession theory better.

That could still be true.  We didn't see the rest of the conversation between her and that ghost-witch-spirit.  It doesn't make sense that Cassandra would focus all her bitterness on Rapunzel when 1) she knows what Gothel did to Rapunzel and 2) she saw her for herself that Gothel was a shitty mother to her, being more preoccupied with her eternal youth than anything else.  But yes, let's once again blame Rapunzel for something that wasn't really her fault.  Geez.

Yeah, I really didn't need this OOC development, especially after I'm still smarting from the Game of Thrones trainwreck.  But at least today is supposed to be about Eugene and his dad!  I know Eugene being a prince seems unnecessary too, but having Edmund for a character is fun.

• Love 1
8 hours ago, Spartan Girl said:

That could still be true.  We didn't see the rest of the conversation between her and that ghost-witch-spirit.  It doesn't make sense that Cassandra would focus all her bitterness on Rapunzel when 1) she knows what Gothel did to Rapunzel and 2) she saw her for herself that Gothel was a shitty mother to her, being more preoccupied with her eternal youth than anything else.  But yes, let's once again blame Rapunzel for something that wasn't really her fault.  Geez.

Exactly! And it also doesn't help that another show I watch also just started a friend-turned-enemy arc, and the reasons there makes more sense (but I'm not liking them doing it there either).

8 hours ago, Spartan Girl said:

But at least today is supposed to be about Eugene and his dad!  I know Eugene being a prince seems unnecessary too, but having Edmund for a character is fun.

Yes, unnecessary; but I would have been more open to it if it wasn't something that came out of NOWHERE at the very end of the season. And they are probably never going back to his kingdom, so does this even change anything for Eugene going forward? It's good that he knows about his father now, but will we be seeing much of Edmund at all?

Edited by Trini
  • Love 1

So I gues Rapunzel's in charge of the kingdom until her parents get their memories back? Okay...

Today was a fun episode with Edmund showing up to bond with Eugene...whose birth name was HORACE?! Wow. Totally knew Edmund was the one that stole the stash as an excuse to go on a trip with Eugene. And of course they both love the Flynn Ridger books...

I know Eugene has some abandonment issues, but Edmund only sent him out of the Dark Kingdom to protect him. Plus he is trying. At least they made some progress. And the new sash he gave him is the one he wears at the Tangled Ever After wedding!

I now want another boys trip episode with Eugene, Lance, Edmund, and King Fred.

Edited by Spartan Girl
  • Love 1

"Return of the King":

Okay, this was a nice episode!

I wasn't sure at first if it was Rapunzel or Edmund who "stole" the sash to get Horace Eugene to go on the road trip.

I guess all Disney dads have to be somewhat goofy? Anyway I'm glad that Edmund and Eugene were able to connect.

I actually liked seeing the Stabbingtons again.

Awwwww! They connected his dad to Tangled Ever After! That warmed my heart.

Tangled_Ever_After_S-888968241-large.jpg

• Love 1

Red---Werewolf...I see what you did there, writers, hee hee.

Finally we learn Red and Angry's real names: Catalina and Keira! Love it.

Aw, Raps almost made peace with Uncle Monty.

Loved the werewolf group hug.

"What she put you through"?! So I guess Cassandra is taking over playing the victim from Varian, huh?