Type keyword(s) to search

Rapunzel's Tangled Adventure - General Discussion

• Start Topic

I thought it was just funny that Lance and Eugene knew Dwayne!

Liked this since Max hasn't really been a main part of the other stories.

So the preview for next episode:

Spoiler

Corona has tribbles/gremlins?? Yikes!

• Love 1

It was nice to see Queen Arianna get the spotlight, along with some backstory. Of course shed feel threatened by her sister, the "cool aunt", especially when she happens to have more in common with Rapunzel. Still, Willow could have been a little more sensitive and not upstaged such a meaningful bonding experience with her and her daughter.

*sigh* Nobody EVER listens to the old man's instructions how how to take care of your Gremlin furry little mystery pet.

Can we get another episode of Eugene, Lance, and Frederic on an adventure? That deserved more time.

Too bad we have to wait til November 19 for the next one. Queen Raps should be interesting though.

• Love 2

The Quuen for A Day hour-long episode did not disappoint! We got new Menken songs and some plot movement on the magical rocks!

Snow in Corona! Would've been a good setup for a Frozen crossover. I'm glad it didn't go there, only I wouldn't put it past Disney to do that in the future.

LOL at Rapunzel can't get enough snow while Eugene hates it for being cold and getting in the way "like Cassandra but warmer."

I love that Eugene, Lance and the ruffians rescued the king and queen because they saw them as more than criminals.

Geez, poor Varian. But at least his dad is frozen in carbonite trapped in the magical rocks and not technically dead. Too bad it looks like he's going to become a villain. Yeah, Rapunzel promised to help him but she was in a tough spot -- there was no one else to keep track of the kingdom and she doesn't exactly know how to control the magical rocks anyway.

So now the show is moving to Saturday mornings at 9:30. Brings back my memories of watching the Aladdin series...

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Noneofyourbusiness said:

Why on earth didn't Rapunzel go to see Varian as soon as the crisis was over? It's not like his problem will have just gone away while she was doing something else.

She probably felt like Varian wouldn't want to see her, since he'd still be angry.  If only she knew HOW angry....

(Though Varian's grudge isn't justified, even if he doesn't know that - we saw his father freeze while he was going to get Rapunzel, her coming wouldn't have saved him.)

• Love 1
2 hours ago, Inquirer said:

She probably felt like Varian wouldn't want to see her, since he'd still be angry.  If only she knew HOW angry....

(Though Varian's grudge isn't justified, even if he doesn't know that - we saw his father freeze while he was going to get Rapunzel, her coming wouldn't have saved him.)

But Rapunzel also couldn't know that there wouldn't still be something she could do to help, or that the encasing process would already be finished.

Edited by Noneofyourbusiness

WOW! What an episode!

I had a feeling the mystery knights were really the palace guards and that King Frederic was behind it. I'm pretty sure whatever is in the scroll is something about the magical flower's powers still being inside Rapunzel.

LOL at Eugene giving Max the "tour" of the tour. Also, Max taking out the guards with a frying pan AND climbing the hair.

Nice detail of Rapunzel crying at the destruction of the tower. Even though it was a prison, it was still the first home she had ever known for the first 18 years of her life.

• Love 1

Only three more episodes left in the season, one this Saturday and the two-part finale on January 13.

I'm worried for Rapunzel.  In the preview she's trusting and working together with Varian, who appears to be acting like his old adorkable self.  She isn't aware of either his vow of vengeance at the end of "Queen for a Day" or him finding the personality-altering potion at the end of "Not in the Mood".

Edited by Inquirer
  • Love 2

"Queen for a Day" -- I didn't realize this was a special 1-hour episode! Or that Jeremy Jordan had been voicing Varian. So we got back to the 'magic rocks' story, but the only new thing is that the problem is worse. Wow, how much backstory do they have for the kingdom of Corona? I mean, that's not necessarily a bad thing; but they keep adding new mysteries, when the previous ones haven't paid off or been resolved yet. Aw, I don't want to see Varian as a villian(/antagonist)! I'm sure that he won't be for long, but still.

"Painter's Block" -- Well this one veered too much into the supernatural for my taste.

"Not in the Mood" -- This one was actually fun! It was amusing to see the trio act the opposite of their usual selves. So yeah, don't trust a horse and a chameleon with a magic potion. Also, WHY would you just toss a dangerous potion into the sea like that?!

Looking froward to seeing how the season(?) ends.

• Love 1

Rapunzel comparing her dad lying and keeping her locked up to Gothel? Ouch. At least Frederic was genuinely trying to protect her. Gothel just used her.

Yeaaaaah, I never liked Varian all that much to begin with, and what happened to his dad does not justify his actions. It's one thing to be angry, but to betray the people that were his friends just like that? Without even hearing them out? Nope.

"Quest for Varian" -- Well, that was exciting! But more mysteries. They need to start dropping answers soon! I was also sad to see the tower destroyed, even if it represented a "bad" part of Rapunzel's life, it was still the place where she had spent most of her life, where she grew up. ?

"The Alchemist Returns" -- Well, it's never goes well when everyone's lying to each other. Aw, noooo. Hate that Varian is the antagonist now. Disappointed that the Queen wasn't a part of these last two episodes. I thought that this was the finale, but I guess that's the next episode. And I'm already feeling like I'm not going to get the answers I'm looking for.

---

The finale:

Spoiler

"Secret of the Sun Drop"

Rapunzel and the King must put aside their differences to work together and rescue the Queen.

-----

So the Queen is involved, but it's because she's kidnapped. :-/
So Varian takes her to lure Rapunzel....

• Love 1
5 hours ago, Trini said:

"Quest for Varian" -- Well, that was exciting! But more mysteries. They need to start dropping answers soon! I was also sad to see the tower destroyed, even if it represented a "bad" part of Rapunzel's life, it was still the place where she had spent most of her life, where she grew up. ?

"The Alchemist Returns" -- Well, it's never goes well when everyone's lying to each other. Aw, noooo. Hate that Varian is the antagonist now. Disappointed that the Queen wasn't a part of these last two episodes. I thought that this was the finale, but I guess that's the next episode. And I'm already feeling like I'm not going to get the answers I'm looking for.

---

The finale:

Hide contents

"Secret of the Sun Drop"

Rapunzel and the King must put aside their differences to work together and rescue the Queen.

-----

So the Queen is involved, but it's because she's kidnapped. :-/
So Varian takes her to lure Rapunzel....

If Varian kidnaps the Queen, any sympathy left for him will officially be zero. He know what it's like when a parent is in danger, and to turn around and do that to someone else's parent? I don't think Rapunzel will be forgiving of that.

I hope there's a scene where Cassandra throws the necklace he gave her back in his face; maybe that will be the kick in the pants he needs.

Edited by Spartan Girl
On December 31, 2017 at 1:07 PM, Trini said:

I don't think Varian will go full 'Dark Side' because I think they still want to redeem him/have him be an ally for our heroes; but I'm not liking this path they're on.

It's actually pretty in par with how Disney has portrayed villains lately: people that seem harmless and charming as a front for their resentments and to manipulate others for their own agenda.

Plus, Varian is an angry, immature boy that blames everyone for his problems and doesn't care who he hurts because he believes he's right. Which can be used to describe A LOT of people right now.

Wow, what a season finale! Great songs and everything!

No sympathy for Varian whatsoever. Taking over the kingdom wouldn't exactly make your dad proud, Kylo Ren. Too bad they didn't unfreeze his dad just so that he could call him out on what he'd become. Heck, he's lucky that Rapunzel didn't use her hair to strangle him for what he did. I sure wanted to.

LOL at Shorty dressing like Rapunzel and singing "Wind in My Hair."

Anyone catch the Easter egg of Freidborg the creepy handmaid holding up the Belle gown? Nice!

So next season will have Rapunzel and Eugene seeing the world while being followed by a mystery knight that can cut through the rocks? Sign me up!

• Love 1

No sympathy for Varian whatsoever. Taking over the kingdom wouldn't exactly make your dad proud, Kylo Ren. Too bad they didn't unfreeze his dad just so that he could call him out on what he'd become. Heck, he's lucky that Rapunzel didn't use her hair to strangle him for what he did. I sure wanted to.

They went a LOT darker with Varian than I thought they would.  I thought kidnapping the Queen was the worst it was gonna get, but almost encasing her in amber like his father (deliberately, whereas with Quirin it was an accident), risking Rapunzel's life trying to free his father, and then flat-out trying to kill everyone when he couldn't get what he wanted....him almost crushing the Queen and Cass to death while ranting about how Rapunzel needed to feel his pain was chilling, and I'm glad they didn't rush a last-minute turnaround here like I thought they might...he's gonna to stay evil for much longer.

Also, kudos to Jeremy Jordan for his performance, he sold the hell out of this role.

Edited by Inquirer
  • Love 2

I'm disappointed that Varian is a full-on villain now. I wasn't sure if they'd redeem him in this finale, but I was hoping that at least they'd get his father out of that amber. Or at least have Rapunzel try herself. And yes, kudos to Jeremy Jordan on the voicework!

I still have a bunch of questions that they didn't answer about the rocks, etc. And the problem itself still isn't solved, right?

And going outside of Corona could be good, but I feel like this show introduces too many new mysteries/mythologies without having a satisfying payoff for most of them.

Not directly related to the finale, but I think Lance Strongbow has been a great addition to the cast; and James Monroe Iglehart has been doing a great job as his voice!

• Love 1
17 hours ago, Trini said:

Not directly related to the finale, but I think Lance Strongbow has been a great addition to the cast; and James Monroe Iglehart has been doing a great job as his voice!

Totally. He's my favorite new character. Hope he's in the next season because I like him more than Varian, that's for damn sure! 

(edited)

Finally some Season 2 news! A new title, and it's getting a third season.

Disney Channel has ordered a third season of the Emmy(R) Award-nominated animated adventure comedy "Tangled: The Series," which will premiere its second season with the new title "Rapunzel's Tangled Adventure," SUNDAY, JUNE 24 (8:00 a.m., EDT/PDT), on Disney Channel, the DisneyNOW app and Disney Channel VOD. The series' talented voice cast; including Mandy Moore and Zachary Levi as the beloved Rapunzel and Eugene, as well as Eden Espinosa, James Monroe-Iglehart and Jeremy Jordan as fan-favorites Cassandra, Lance and Varian; are set to return. The series features music by Academy Award(R)-winning Disney Legend Alan Menken and lyricist Glenn Slater.

... Season two finds Rapunzel venturing outside of the kingdom in search of where the mystical black rocks lead, after discovering she is somehow connected to them. Accompanying Rapunzel on her journey is her partner in life, Eugene; her best friend and confidante, Cassandra; her loyal chameleon sidekick, Pascal; no-nonsense and dutiful horse, Maximus; Eugene's best friend, Lance and the Snuggly Duckling Pub Thugs. Together, they'll discover new people and places and embark on an incredible new adventure far beyond Corona's walls.

"Partner in life"? Why can't they say 'boyfriend'?

Plus guest stars!

The guest voice cast for season two includes Emmy Award winner and Academy Award nominee Carol Kane ("Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt") as the mystical traveler Madame Canardist; Lil Rel Howery ("Get Out") as a fast-talking host named Goodberry; Yvonne Strahovski ("Chuck") as Eugene's old love interest Stalyan; Bruce Campbell ("Cars 2") as the bizarrely charming King Edmund; Britt Robertson (ABC's "For the People") as the whip-smart no nonsense teenager Vex; Timothy Dalton ("License to Kill") as inventor and adventurer Demanitus; Katy Mixon (ABC's "American Housewife") as the stunningly beautiful Seraphina; and Kathy Najimy ("Hocus Pocus") as a sprightly and strange resident of the magical forest.

LOL! A Chuck reunion! That should be fun.

Edited by Trini
  • Love 1
(edited)

So happy this show is back! With a new intro, new songs, and even a new look for Rapunzel!

Poor Eugene. While I hate the analogy of a proposal as asking someone to give up their freedom, everyone was right: now was not the right time to propose again. LOL at Lance and the guys' attempt to make him feel better.

Wow, what a twist with Eugene's ex the Baron's daughter. What kind of name IS Stalyan anyway.

Some good character growth for Cassandra, knowing right away that Eugene would never dump Rapunzel for another woman like that. I don't dislike her like others do, but that was good.

Glad Adira the mystery warrior seems to be an ally, but after Varian, you never know...

Edited by Spartan Girl
  • Love 1

So I do like that the show is back, and branching out to stories outside of Corona; but I will miss Corona and the characters there. (But they will have to get back to Corona at some point, right?) I hope they don't they don't have the same problem (to me) they had in season 1 with introducing a bunch of stuff into the show mythology without much (or any) payoff or explanation. I really hope that the Black Rocks story is wrapped up this season.

I honestly didn't remember at all that Eugene had proposed before.

I like Rapunzel's new outfit; Strongbow/inglehart is still a great addition; Zach Levi singing is always a highlight!

Not sure what to make of Adira right now -- why is half her face red??

Stalyan looks to be an interesting recurring antagonist; but it was weird that she still wanted to marry Eugene/Flynn after he jilted her.

On 6/24/2018 at 9:03 AM, Spartan Girl said:

Glad Adira the mystery warrior seems to be an ally, but after Varian, you never know...

This is what I'm dreading.

• Love 1
On June 26, 2018 at 12:42 AM, Trini said:

Oh, and I forgot - that was Varian's father with the King of the Dark Kingdom in the flashback, right?

Yes, it was.

Some people are mad that Varian wasn't featured in the new episode. Me? I don't want to see him again until if and when he gets the smackdown he deserves. Maybe Adira can do it, since she's friends with his dad and all.

(edited)

Another episode in Vardaros! This one reminded me a lot of the movie High Noon, and what might have happened to the town after Gary Cooper ditched those jerks. And Rapunzel continues to learn that you can't make everyone you.

That Vex girl looks so much like Wednesday Addams.

LOL poor Max getting harassed by the bees. And him and Lance are pretty funny together.

Edited by Spartan Girl

Is it weird that Disney isn't re-airing this this in the week? I they'll re-air eventually, but I missed episode 2, and was thinking I'd just catch it later.  :(

Anyway, next 4 episode descriptions:

Spoiler

"Goodbye and Goodwill"

Rapunzel plans to bring the Goodwill Festival to Vardaros, but when the locals respond more favorably to Cassandra's ideas, Rapunzel becomes competitive. *Britt Robertson (ABC's "For the People") returns as the whip-smart, no-nonsense teenager Vex.

"Forest of No Return"

When the gang gets lost in the mysterious Forest of No Return, they must rely on the mysterious Adira as their guide.

"Freebird"

Rapunzel's adventurous spirit leads the gang to a hidden corner of the woods where everyone is magically transformed into birds. *Kathy Najimy ("Hocus Pocus") guest stars as a sprightly and strange resident of the magical forest.

(Okay, this one sounds weird; but it also seems like an episode that would have a song in it.)

"Vigor the Visionary"

When Rapunzel and Eugene visit a psychic monkey, his visions lead them on an adventure to find the family of their old friend and young thief, Angry. *Emmy(R) Award winner and Academy Award(R) nominee Carol Kane ("Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt") guest stars as the mystical traveler Madame Canardist

("A psychic monkey"???)

"Goodbye and Goodwill": Yeah, Cassandra had a way better handle on what Vardaros considers fun. Who knew that Rapunzel could have a passive-aggressive competitive side?

Eugene chaining them together to force them to make up was a good callback to when Raps tried to lock them in a dungeon to force them to be friends.

LOL at the cranky old lady that kept calling her a clod. "Is she just following me around?"

"It's been a long time since I was thrown into a good wall of honey." Oh, Shorty...

They finally left Vardaros, which is good. I kind of want to get back to Adira and find out more of the Dark Kingdom connection.

• Love 1

"The Forest of No Return": I wish Adira would just tell them why she's following him and why Rapunzel needs to go to the Dark Kingdom already. I'm getting a little tired of cryptic.

Lance so has a crush on Adira. "Real men love strong women." Words to live by.

LOL at Adira calling Shorty "Soiled Gnome."

The changing forest reminded me so much of the moving maze in Harry Potter 4 -- and those vines were a clear reference to the Devil's Snare.

• Love 1

So I caught up on the last two episodes, but so far, this season isn't really holding my interest. I'm between 'meh' and annoyed with Adira. And it is weird that everyone has to trust her when they know nothing about her, or her plans/purposes. There were some funny moments in the Goodwill Games episode, though.

I know the show is set in a fictional world where magic exists, but what's up with the strange 'exotic' wildlife they've been introducing this season? (I don't think there was any of this last season?) I get that they world outside of Corona to be wild and different, but maybe they're taking it a bit too far? (And based on the episode descriptions, things are about to get weirder...)

I'll probably still watch the rest of the season, but I'm not as into it - especially if they're going to be taking their time with the Black Rocks mystery.

So today's episode's moral: if you see two weird people drinking tea in the forest, run. Too bad Rapunzel never read Alice in Wonderland...

I don't blame her for procrastinating with following the rocks and admitting she's afraid of where they may lead. "The Dark Kingdom" is a very ominous destination. I did like the bird song though -- I keep forgetting that Eden Espinosa (Cassandra) took over Wicked on Broadway after Idina Menzel, which is why she sounds so similar to Elsa's singing voice.

LOL that Shorty was a peacock. And so typical that the guys would get in a pissing match over who is stronger. ?

• Love 1

So I fastforwarded through most of the latest episode because I thought it was silly filler (moreso than usual). But maybe I'll go back to listen to the song. I did appreciate the highlighting of the Raps/Cass friendship.

On ‎7‎/‎15‎/‎2018 at 11:20 PM, Trini said:

So I caught up on the last two episodes, but so far, this season isn't really holding my interest. I'm between 'meh' and annoyed with Adira.

I like Adira, but I feel the same about this season building very slowly so far. I'm not dropping it, I just wish they'd hurry up and get somewhere with Adira or the black rocks already.

• Love 1

Add Vigor the monkey to the list of dumb Disney animal characters (Becky from Finding Dory, the chicken from Moana). Although he was smart enough to keep fleecing their silver for every little thing.

I loved Carol Kane as the fortune teller lady, and it was good to see Red and Angry again. Too bad Angry didn't find her real parents, but she's still got Red. And I love that two of them took down those jerks on their own.

• Love 1

Okay, so that was a little better than I thought it would be. But you'd think by now Rapunzel would be more wary of strangers she meets in the forest! It was nice to see Red and Angry again. Everyone believing the monkey was dumb, but I have to remember this is written for kids.

• Love 1

Next two episode descriptions:

Spoiler

Keeper of the Spire - Aug 05

To acquire a piece of the scroll, Rapunzel travels to an ancient museum at the top of an impossibly tall spire with the museum's incredibly arrogant curator.

King Pascal - Aug 12

Tiny islanders the Lorbs mistake Pascal for their mystical ruler; the chameleon loves the adulation, until he's expected to protect his people from a vicious monster.

• Love 1

Was Calliope voiced by Sarah Silverman? It sure sounded like her.

Anyway, I too know how it feels to deal with annoying people. And let me tell you, a "Sockie" does NOT help.

But we got another piece of the scroll puzzle. I think the hooded guy in the picture is that King in the beginning of the season flashback, but I guess we'll see.

So a little more progress with the Black story.

8 hours ago, Spartan Girl said:

I think the hooded guy in the picture is that King in the beginning of the season flashback, but I guess we'll see.

Why put a picture of someone and not show their face? But we've got to be mysterious, I guess.

8 hours ago, Spartan Girl said:

Was Calliope voiced by Sarah Silverman? It sure sounded like her.

They sure wanted it to sound like her! But Silverman wasn't in the list of guest voices announced earlier, and according to IMDb, it wasn't her either.

• Love 1

I guess they're stuck on the island for the next episode or two. At least they get new outfits to fit the beach! I really love Rapunzel's green dress, and Pascal did look adorable in the grass skirt. But his little armor was cute too!

Line of the episode is a tie between "When will you people learn to ignore the things I say?!" and "What have we discussed about Shorty and tools?!" LOL.

Starting to see a pattern of the ladies having the cool adventures while the guys just act like idiots for the side plot. Not complaining!

• Love 1