Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
SilverStormm

Media: Meemaw Says

32 minutes ago, Kiddvideo said:

How rich is Chuck Lorre?

Given that CBS owns Nick at Nite, I’m sure there’s some sort of in-house deal going on.

Maybe they know some sudden growth spurts can turn cute little kids into awkward adolescents...or there is a definite "George dies" date, (and Sheldon goes to grad school overseas) beyond which it will be hard to continue the series.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

I didn't see it myself but it appears there was a NFL game broadcast on Nickelodeon and it's getting great reviews for their fun graphics and such.  But they also had Ian/young Sheldon popping up and explaining the penalties whenever a flag was thrown.  I'm hoping they do more games as from what I saw, they injected so much fun into the game.  

• Useful 1

Anyone else’s DVR showing the episode will start at 8:20 vice 8:30? Basically, the lineup is shifted just 20 minutes instead of 30. Be prepared just in case

So many thanks to the person who shared the link to the Sondheim tribute and especially the advice to watch through the end of the credits. I'm Still Here was fabulous! 

• Like 1

The twins are still 11 thus far, right? I guess this means

Spoiler

they'll end it right around the time things start to go downhill for the Coopers. 

Edited by catlover79
  • Like 1

A year in viewer time does not have to be a year in YS time.  But the kids (especially Missy) are growing so fast that they couldn't compress the time much.

• Like 3
  • Useful 1

I guess renewing for 3 yrs doesn't have to mean it's over after that but I really hope it is. 

Spoiler

And that they don't end it with George's death.  Certainly a logical way to bring the series to a close of course but if they do that then they'd still need to address some of the other issues that rise from BBT.

Edited by WinnieWinkle
  • Like 2

Ending the series after 7 seasons means it may end when Sheldon graduates college, which is a logical end point. 

Spoiler

It also means the series may end when Sheldon leaves for graduate school out of state, and before his father dies. I could see them doing a final narration that explains what happened to everyone. We know Sheldon is narrating years after the end of TBBT because he now has a child. While we may have seen Georgie, Missy, Mary and Mee-Maw in the final season of TBBT, there may be a few more years for Narrator Sheldon to fill in for us. I'm not expecing an entire episode, just a sentence or two on each character during the last 2-3 minutes of the series. 

Edited by Sarah 103
  • Like 6

Promo for next week’s season finale we’ll “talk about all Summer.”

Edited by Kiddvideo

Did Mary ever mention on TBBT that George cheated? I don't think they can ignore him dying, but it's possible that Sheldon as a child misunderstood something he saw. I'm kinda clinging to that hope; I like George.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, MaryMitch said:

Did Mary ever mention on TBBT that George cheated? I don't think they can ignore him dying, but it's possible that Sheldon as a child misunderstood something he saw. I'm kinda clinging to that hope; I like George.

It seems IIRC about the time Penny and Leonard start having problems the first time they are a couple (so season 3 ish ? I think) that Sheldon starts talking about his parents marriage being a fighting match and that his father was unfaithful but I don't think Mary ever says anything about adultery, just his lack of intelligence and his drinking.

Edited by WinnieWinkle
  • Like 2