Type keyword(s) to search

The Quad - General Discussion

• Start Topic

I'm enjoying this show. I didn't think much of the actress playing the daughter, but she's improving every episode. I'm enjoying Anika Noni Rose and her kick ass wardrobe. I'm curious to know if other watchers find her unlikable too. 

• Love 3

I find her quite unlikable, her daughter is a biatch, too. Anika is playing the heck out of this character. 

Ok, so I see my university in this depiction. Same crap. Same money issues. Same peacock strutting and ego battles. 

I'm enjoying it, too.  I must say though, the thing I like most is Anika Noni Rose's wardrobe.  I'm about her size and I can just see myself in her clothes, lol. 

I can't stand the daughter and I think she's a bitch but I think I understand why.  There was a scene in one of the episodes, I think it was last week's, when she was a child at the playground and Eva was on the phone and the child overheard something?  Anyway, I got the impression that the daughter felt that her mom didn't really want her.  She's still a bitch though, and so is Eva to a certain extent.

My main complaint is that there are too many plot lines involving too many characters.  Let's see if I've got them straight:

- spoiled, bitchy daughter of the president (Sydney)

- white QB whose father doesn't want him at an HBCU (Bo)

- inner city kid whose mom sent him there to escape trouble at home (Cedric)

- kid whose father is a lawyer who thinks he shouldn't be roommate with inner city kid 

- bitter, jealous board  member who thinks he should have gotten Eva's job (Carlton)

- bitter band leader who's hiding some illness and finally fell off the stage last night  while he was conducting the band (Cecil)

- bitter, jealous drum major who hates the sneaky female saxophone player

- sneaky female saxophone player who hates drum major (Noni)

- hunky coach who will probably get it on with Eva in the near future (Eugene)

- white roommate of spoiled daughter, who gets strange phone calls (Madison)

Oh, and let's not forget the hunky grad student who's trolling Eva and who she can't stop screwing around with, which cost her her job at another university.

Have I left anyone out? LOL

Edited by Ohwell
Added some names
  • Love 2

I really like the Anika and the coach. The daughter is ridiculous, please send her back to Daddy. I am curious to see who killed Chitown's girl, and it was nice to see him reach out to the sax girl who got hazed. I am really tired of sneaky, fake sweet sax backstabber. Ole girl should have punched her in the face when she tried to make nice. Also curious, that band leader and bitter board member don't know why Anika got fired. Thought that would've been number one on their list of fodder.

Second the wardrobe love. I want that gray dress she wore last week.

What type of parents get into some ugly divorce hearings after their only child just got raped? Did I miss an episode or they're both shitty people? At this point, I'm only rooting for the inner city rapper kid, the band girl who got beat up and the white football player. Everyone else is terrible. 

I agree there's too many characters, especially if they're dropping the rape storyline without a mention. 

Anyone know where I can find Eva's wardrobe? Wornontv isn't covering this show. 

Edited by sarkygal
Clothes not crappy novelty goods
  • Love 2

I'm not sure the case is over, but I think that from the tape it wasn't clear if she consented or not.  I don't think charges have been filed, and   Eva was clearly upset because of that.  The accused football player did approach the daughter's roommate asking her to talk to the daughter; he contends that she was smiling on the tape and the sex was consensual.  The divorce was in play before the alleged rape, so I can understand them going through with the deposition, no need to hold off on that.    

Also, what happened to the strip club owner who gave the donation to the college?  For a moment there it looked like he might be a love interest for Eva.  I wonder if we'll see him again.   And I forgot about the sax girl who was hazed.  I'll keep watching but, as I said earlier, there are too many characters, too many stories.  

Jazz Raycole always plays bratty bitchy daughters. Her characters are always unsympathetic. I hope she gets different parts in the future.

The anti-rape activist is wrong to pressure Sydney.

I don't get why Noni would purposely hurt the band by giving away the music. Yes she has it in for the drum major, but Cecil is her idol.

I cheered when Bo's new friends stood up for him.

• Love 4

I had never seen Jazz Raycole before but it's too bad she gets typecast that way.

I agree it was wrong of the anti-rape activist to pressure Sydney.  Also, where did Sydney go?  

Also, I can't get a read on the sneaky female sax player and why she is so hellbent on torturing the drum major.  Sure, he's an ass but why doesn't she just talk to Cecil about her problems with him instead of giving away the music and hurting the entire band?  It makes no sense.

It was nice of Bo's friends to stand up for him.  I was also glad that he finally stood up to his father.

• Love 1

I wondered if the sax player gave away the music because she's just been told she's next to be hazed and knows no one will do anything about it. So, she gets to hurt the drum major and get out of a dangerous situation, as she was promised a free ride to a different institution. But I can't see them writing her character out, so, really, I have no idea. 

2 hours ago, Darian said:

I wondered if the sax player gave away the music because she's just been told she's next to be hazed and knows no one will do anything about it. So, she gets to hurt the drum major and get out of a dangerous situation, as she was promised a free ride to a different institution. But I can't see them writing her character out, so, really, I have no idea. 

Yes, it's clear that the drum major is out to get her but this back and forth nastiness between the two of them needs to stop because it's hurting the entire band now.  If she thinks that Cecil won't do anything about it then she needs to talk to someone else, like a resident adviser or school counselor.  Somebody.  I just can't stand that she's now morphed into a sneaky, treacherous bitch.

• Love 1

Helloooo......is anybody watching this show?  LOL  

Anyhow, I was wondering if the strip club owner would show up again, and he did.  Guess he and Eva will hook up.

I wasn't paying much attention to whatever that assignment was that history teacher Jasmine Guy gave to her students, but I guess Bo & his friends screwed it up?  Whatever.

Cedric is stupid for getting mixed up with his dead girlfriend's brother.  

They need to end the rape story one way or the other pretty soon, because it's getting tired.

I am watching though I just found out about this forum.  Let me see what I remember about this episode:

First, the rape storyline is getting worrisome.  I know it has to end but I'm not sure if I will like its ending.  

Cedric seems to think he is supposed to be in trouble and is surprised that he is a young black male enrolled in a university.  I hope he gets it together because I think his friendship with Blue Blood is a classic college roomie/lifelong friendship in the making.

Cecil survives that fall and reveals to his sister his cancer diagnosis.  It is nice that Cecil and his sister are bonding.  However, I am concerned that she seems to be reuniting with her immediate family members when they are terminally ill.

Jason Pitts and Eva are an interesting pairing, especially seeing that the immediate past President seems to have been in some shady business.

The threesome experiment gone wrong coupled with that half-baked assignment was no surprise.  I guess we should be glad we got some classroom action since the students are usually in their dorms or with the football team or band.

• Love 2

Is it just me or the PSA's after the episodes heavy handed and annoying ? 

Especially since the statistics used are of dubious merit in the first place. 

As for the President she's not very professional. Of course she's still sleeping with one student and having arguments with every staff member so I guess that's to be expected. 

Are all the parents abusive on this show ? They're always threatening to smack their adult children. 

Edited by wayne67

I had to fast forward through the cafeteria scene about the "threesome." That was such a thoroughly stupid idea that I can't believe Tiesha even agreed to go along. Of course, she'd get the brunt of the abuse.  Plus, they didn't even discuss how to undo the rumor. Not everyone is in their class. That whole storyline was silly.

Uggh, they cannot pair Eva with Coby Bell's character.

Cedric's roommate is the best friend he has. I hope he realizes it one day.

• Love 2
12 hours ago, AyeshaTheGreat said:

Cedric seems to think he is supposed to be in trouble and is surprised that he is a young black male enrolled in a university.  

Yes.  I like this description of him.  He seems determined to torpedo himself so I hope his roommate is able to talk some sense into him.

• Love 1
On 3/15/2017 at 10:32 PM, sarkygal said:

I'm enjoying this show. I didn't think much of the actress playing the daughter, but she's improving every episode. I'm enjoying Anika Noni Rose and her kick ass wardrobe. I'm curious to know if other watchers find her unlikable too. 

I am liking this show too and I must say that this show is quite the departure for Anika Rose.  She played a rogue cop on the Starz show Power.  The daughter from the show is the original daughter who played on My Wife and Kids.

• Love 1

Lol, Cecil did take a tumble off that stage,  I hate that he has so much pride not to tell people that he has cancer.  He is annoying only because of how cut-throat he is, I tolerate him because he's trying to redeem himself with the family he left behind.   

I want to know where Madison's imaginary boyfriend is and why he hasn't been returning her phone calls.

That rape scene looked sketchy to me,  I would hope that Sydney is not lying about it or that she possibly could be crying out for help.

I find Noni to be annoying, I know she wants to win and is ambitious but I fear for her safety because she's in an alpha male dominated environment and loves to play games and pranks on the older band members.  The way that one guy walked up to her like he was going to attack her was scary.  I think he would've he Noni had Cecil not pulled him back.

Hopefully, we'll find out who killed Cedric's girlfriend.  I had wondered if the trouble that he left behind in Chicago had followed him to Atlanta.

It is challenging trying to keep up with all of the characters, I have had to rewind certain scenes because I was confused with the storylines. But I am hoping that the show will return for a second season to tie up the loose ends.

• Love 2

I had to fast forward through the cafeteria scene about the "threesome." That was such a thoroughly stupid idea that I can't believe Tiesha even agreed to go along. Of course, she'd get the brunt of the abuse.  Plus, they didn't even discuss how to undo the rumor. Not everyone is in their class. That whole storyline was silly.

That was such a silly-ass assignment. Was it supposed to be an homage to the movie Gossip? Of course the woman will be called everything but a child of God for having a threesome while the men will go unscathed.  Why class time was devoted to that annoyed me.

For the penultimate episode, I thought this was weak. The episode before should've aired this week instead.

My theory was the guy who killed Cedric's girlfriend also raped Sydney. If the killer was some random dude, then that was a dud.

Eva might be highly educated but she's also stupid, that she can't see that messing with the grad student is not wise.  She's in it for the sex but is losing her job again over him worth it?   I do think that since he's stalkerish, something bad will go down next season (that is, if there is another season). 

I was surprised that the football player committed suicide; didn't see that one coming.  It was interesting but at the same time sad that he didn't consider it rape because the women didn't scream.  

I still think that Noni is a lying, sneaky witch and I was sorry that the other girl forgave her.  

I really didn't need to see yet another character in the form of Cedric's new teacher girlfriend.  There are already too many characters to keep up with.

Edited by Ohwell
left out "sex"
  • Love 1
7 hours ago, Ohwell said:

Eva might be highly educated but she's also stupid, that she can't see that messing with the grad student is not wise.  She's in it for the but is losing her job again over him worth it?   I do think that since he's stalkerish, something bad will go down next season (that is, if there is another season). 

Oh, her booty call is a total stage 5 clinger. He followed her to Atlanta, constantly ignores her requests to back off, although she has fault with that because she doesn't stay away from him, either. She hasn't signed divorce papers yet and he's already buying a ring? He isn't getting the hint that she's only with him for sex.

With that said, you're right that Eva is dumb as hell. I don't care how good he puts it down, he got her fired! She knows he lacks discretion. If her ex-husband is to be believed, booty call bragged around campus that he slept with her.  Why she thinks it would be different this time is perplexing.

Speaking of perplexing, this thing with Cedric and teacher girlfriend is rushed as hell. Judging from the way the scene was set up, they just learned each other's names. So, in the span of two days or so, they like each other and he's going down on her? Also, was she supposed to be a virgin? She seemed unsure and not like someone who had sexual experience.

I thought it was the drum major who shot himself before they panned to the body. Once I saw those long-ass legs, I knew it was Terrence. 

Although the evidence points to Terrence being a rapist, why would he tell Sydney's friend to watch the tape again? Obviously now it was a throwaway line, but the show set it up as if there was more to the story.

That whole strip scene in the beginning was silly.

• Love 2

I corrected my post to include "sex" because that's all that Eva wants from the stalker grad student. 

9 hours ago, Sheenieb said:

I thought it was the drum major who shot himself before they panned to the body. Once I saw those long-ass legs, I knew it was Terrence. 

I thought so too.

(edited)

I watch this whole season and would probably watch another because I am a fan of Anika Noni Rose and like to see her work.  However, some of the resolutions to storylines felt limp.  There was the episode where they made it seem like I cared about who killed Chanel.  Then you have this finale where Noni lies and claims she came for the Drum Major in defense of Ebony, even though we saw that she wasn't thinking about coming for Drum Major No Life (I mean, a fifth year to be DM for a second time?!?!) until he said he was coming for her.  Noni annoys me so and I hope they don't try to make it seem like she's not as selfish and self-centered as she has displayed all Season 1. 

Dr. Fletcher should have put a stop to that stalker grad student a long time ago.  I mean, he already made her lose one job.  This dude is crazy and I see his nutty behind becoming more trouble next season.

Adult Brit Brat shows up on the season finale to share her cookies with Cedric.  Yeah, that was a random, and possibly unnecessary, storyline.  I would have rather seen Blue Blood or figured out what Ebony is planning to do with her life after she rehabs.

As for Terrence offing himself, I, too, thought it was Drum Major and when they showed Terrence, I was confused.  I wonder what Tiesha said to the coach and what kind of relationship she really had with Terrence.

Edited by AyeshaTheGreat
  • Love 1

I know he's a villain and all, but I can't help but like Cecil Diamond. I do not care for Noni at all. I am so glad that Cecil will find out that she ruined his song and tribute at the battle. I can't remember adult Brit Brat's name on the show right now (Browyn?) but I wonder if she will get into it with her new roomie Noni. 

I don't get why Noni was so upset about Cecil accusing her. She did it! She reacted like she was falsely accused. Just take your licks and walk out with some dignity. I was surprised that the other band director snitched on her.

In other "why you mad" news - Cedric had the nerve to get pissy when Bronwyn accused him of lying? Really?  I know she's annoying, but you did lie, sir.

Cedric did provide my favorite moment, saying "Who the fuck y'all supposed to be?" to the frat brothers.

Why is Sydney being so rude to Teisha? Is there some history there I don't remember? She's going to feel like an ass if/when she finds out that Teisha is the other assault victim who spoke out about Terrence.

Edited by mrsbagnet
  • Love 1
On 1/25/2018 at 11:20 AM, mrsbagnet said:

In other "why you mad" news - Cedric had the nerve to get pissy when Bronwyn accused him of lying? Really?  I know she's annoying, but you did lie, sir.

Right, and this is one of the criticisms I have of this show. The setups are off. It's as if scenes were either scrapped or filmed out of sequence. In the beginning, Cedric was helping Bronwyn move in and things seemed cool. She said that it was his idea for her to move to the dorms. Now, he's dodging her? Where'd that come from? There was no buildup.

Same thing with the students protesting about GAMU becoming part of the university network. If Eva's meetings were supposed to be a secret, how'd the student body find out about it?

Sydney continues to overdress for school.

• Love 1

I wonder if Sydney overdresses because she feels like she has to because she's the president's daughter.  At any rate, she looks out of place and kind of ridiculous with her princess self.

• Love 1

Heloooo......anybody here?  LOL

Anyhow, I was so annoyed with Noni blowing her damn sax to persuade Cecil to let her back in the band, and it pisses me off that I just know he's going to.   I just can't stand her.

I figured Eva and the coach meeting with the suicide guy's parents wasn't going to go well.  I also thought that Eva was tone deaf about the parents' anguish, especially the mother.  While I can understand Eva being upset about Sydney being raped, that in no way compares with someone's son committing suicide, especially if the parents didn't believe that their son actually was a rapist.  At least Sydney is still alive.

The coach clearly has a thing for Eva but, frankly, he could do better.  If they got together, she'd still try to hook up with the grad student.    

Eva just bugs me and so does Sydney.  I do covet Eva's wardrobe though.

• Love 2
2 hours ago, Ohwell said:

The coach clearly has a thing for Eva but, frankly, he could do better.

Yeah, I'm waiting for that hook-up to happen, but I agree, he could do better. Sadly for me, I am not an actress on this show.

When LaTrey collapsed, I yelled "He's Patient Zero!"

Tiesha is my favorite character. I wonder if a relationship between her and BoJohn will ever happen. I'm not sure if he's ready for her yet. She and I hold similar views on germ avoidance. We cool, but we ain't willing-to-catch-your-virus cool.

• Love 1
20 hours ago, Ohwell said:

I also thought that Eva was tone deaf about the parents' anguish, especially the mother.  While I can understand Eva being upset about Sydney being raped, that in no way compares with someone's son committing suicide, especially if the parents didn't believe that their son actually was a rapist.  At least Sydney is still alive.

I didn't blame Eva for that, though. I knew things would go left the minute ma Terrence mentioned Sydney apologizing. I don't know any parent that wouldn't have lost it. It's bad enough giving the family a settlement, but then to say that the woman he raped should apologize because she "killed her son." Nah, ma'am.

Sydney is still alive, but at what cost? Terrence put himself out of his misery, but he left his victims psychology damaged. 

• Love 1
3 hours ago, Sheenieb said:

I didn't blame Eva for that, though. I knew things would go left the minute ma Terrence mentioned Sydney apologizing. I don't know any parent that wouldn't have lost it. It's bad enough giving the family a settlement, but then to say that the woman he raped should apologize because she "killed her son." Nah, ma'am.

Sydney is still alive, but at what cost? Terrence put himself out of his misery, but he left his victims psychology damaged. 

While I agree that the mother was out of line asking for an apology, the fact remains that Eva still has her child, and that mother doesn't.  Plus, judging from Sydney's behavior I'm not sure how psychologically damaged she is.  I know she couldn't go through with having sex with that guy, but she still didn't appear to be that damaged to me.  

This show really needs to work on its continuity. There was no resolution last week about why Cedric curved Bronwyn, but in this episode, they're sleeping together again. There are obvious problems in the relationship, but it's coming out of nowhere. 

Last season, Jason Pitts offered to donate money to the school, but now they're cash-strapped? What happened to that storyline? I find the financial issues to be the most compelling part of the show. 

That scene with Eva and the developer who's into infantilism could've been scrapped. Then playing Beyonce's If I were a boy in the background was jarring. 

I've never been interested in Greek life, but I would imagine that if you're doing criminal shit like assault, you'd have dark curtains so no one could peek in on your process. 

Lastly, what is going on with drum major Danny? Like, is this dude a career drum major? He said last season that he took an extra year just to stay on the Mountain Cats, and now he transferred to the rival school? All because he got kicked off the band? However, he was right that Cecil should've apologized to him once he found out the truth. 

I did appreciate the twist that it was the coach's ex-wife who's the gambling addict and he's paying her debt. 

• Love 2

I'm trying with this show, I really am, but it's got so many holes in the storylines that I'm about to give it up.   The writing just sucks. 

Also I still can't stand Noni, she is is so annoying and I would never trust her again.  Can't stand the sight of her.  Is being in the band the only goal she has her life?  

I'd like to see these actors on other shows (not Noni and Sydney though.  I'm done with them). 

The only thing I like about this show is Eva's clothes.

9 hours ago, Sheenieb said:

That scene with Eva and the developer who's into infantilism could've been scrapped. Then playing Beyonce's If I were a boy in the background was jarring. 

It's annoying that this show keeps humiliating Anika Noni Rose and her character. She's the lead actress on this show. I get it that her character is supposed to be getting lots of disrespect from the faculty, but last season, they had her pole-dancing (in a dream sequence) and now she's feeding an adult baby. Both of those scenes were completely unnecessary.

Madison reading Sydney? A thousand times, yes.

Sydney seems to be a little girl playing at being a woman.

Edited by mrsbagnet
  • Love 1
On 1/31/2018 at 11:47 PM, mrsbagnet said:

Tiesha is my favorite character. I wonder if a relationship between her and BoJohn will ever happen. I'm not sure if he's ready for her yet.

This is me. And I was kinda hyped for this most recent ep cause the official twitter account actually sent out something focused on BoJohn & Tiesha. And then not much of anything with them happened in the ep. Total bait and switch. I swear their scenes together this season have been 45 seconds or less. I need the show to do MUCH better there. 

On 2/7/2018 at 12:02 PM, Sheenieb said:

This show really needs to work on its continuity. There was no resolution last week about why Cedric curved Bronwyn, but in this episode, they're sleeping together again. There are obvious problems in the relationship, but it's coming out of nowhere. 

IA with this as well. I had issues with it in S1 and had hoped S2 would fix that but things are somewhat too disjointed.

TPTB also need to work on pacing as they spend too long on some stories/scenes and not enough on others so I feel the balance is off and I gotta fanwank in reasons for things that don't make sense cause the show didn't spend almost any time laying the groundwork. 

On 1/28/2018 at 11:07 AM, Ohwell said:

I wonder if Sydney overdresses because she feels like she has to because she's the president's daughter.  At any rate, she looks out of place and kind of ridiculous with her princess self.

As a former student of an HBCU, this is how at last half the students dressed on my campus. It was light a fashion show.

On 1/31/2018 at 7:43 PM, Ohwell said:

Heloooo......anybody here?  LOL

Anyhow, I was so annoyed with Noni blowing her damn sax to persuade Cecil to let her back in the band, and it pisses me off that I just know he's going to.   I just can't stand her.

I figured Eva and the coach meeting with the suicide guy's parents wasn't going to go well.  I also thought that Eva was tone deaf about the parents' anguish, especially the mother.  While I can understand Eva being upset about Sydney being raped, that in no way compares with someone's son committing suicide, especially if the parents didn't believe that their son actually was a rapist.  At least Sydney is still alive.

The coach clearly has a thing for Eva but, frankly, he could do better.  If they got together, she'd still try to hook up with the grad student.    

Eva just bugs me and so does Sydney.  I do covet Eva's wardrobe though.

I can see this storyline coming from a mile away! I would love for them to get together though, I love the coach. 

On 2/7/2018 at 12:02 PM, Sheenieb said:

Last season, Jason Pitts offered to donate money to the school, but now they're cash-strapped? What happened to that storyline? I find the financial issues to be the most compelling part of the show. 

I've never been interested in Greek life, but I would imagine that if you're doing criminal shit like assault, you'd have dark curtains so no one could peek in on your process. 

Lastly, what is going on with drum major Danny? Like, is this dude a career drum major? He said last season that he took an extra year just to stay on the Mountain Cats, and now he transferred to the rival school? All because he got kicked off the band? However, he was right that Cecil should've apologized to him once he found out the truth. 

I did appreciate the twist that it was the coach's ex-wife who's the gambling addict and he's paying her debt. 

I still haven't gotten over this scene. 

There are a lot of storylines, and I think too many that they aren't able to fully develop them. I would prefer to see fewer plots that are fully developed. I agree with other posts that Eva is just getting punched from all angles, its a bit much. I can't wait to see what Cecil has to say to Ebony. I can't believe that the drum major has transferred to the other band, and I am so not here for Cecil allowing Noni to help him get revenge. I think the drum major is right: in trying to take the band director down, Noni will end up taking Cecil down with him. I don't care, he should not be using her help when she is the one who started this whole mess by trying to get revenge on Danny. She's just a sneaky little somebody who needs to be left alone. I had no sympathy for her when she was crying to Ebony about how she didn't have any friends. There's a reason for that. She's such an unlikeable character. I laughed so hard when Cecil blasted backstabbers when she was outside his house. 

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Ohwell said:

I'm about to check out of this show.  I give it one or two more episodes.  Frankly, I'd like them to wind it up with a 2 hour episode, like they're doing with Being Mary Jane.

Yeah, same. There's just so much going on and it's poorly done. Not only is Eva getting it on all sides from the university, but now she's arrested for driving while Black. 

I thought this episode was overwrought and boring. 

Cedric and Bronwyn were a pointless pairing. Their relationship was rushed so it shouldn't be a surprise that their breakup was haphazard. 

I don't understand Jason. Didn't he say that he was transferring to some other school in the premiere? Why is he still there? And really dude, pushing up on Sydney to get back at Eva? 

The pacing wasn't horrific in ep 2x05 but it was still pretty poor. It went on too long with the Blue Lounge scenes and music plus now Cecil has a son he didn't know about... and I don't care about. 

Anika Noni Rose is still knocking it out of the park but the pacing hurts her multiple stories of the police harassment, pop up doctor lover, being backstabbed by Whitley Gilbert, and trying to hustle up the school some money. I'd add her Sydney issues (and she doesn't even know about her petty ex sexing up her daughter yet) except I didn't see Sydney in the episode. While Eva has her flaws, among them being very stubborn, one thing that is finally starting to bother me about her writing is that she doesn't seem to grow. I see her making the same mistakes when confronted with issues and after a while, it's just frustrating to see.

Nice to see BoJohn's story getting some screentime but it's still too little screentime or what the show is trying to achieve with his story. Also, where is Tiesha? *stamps foot in frustration*

I like Cedric and the actor is engaging but his multiple stories with his roommate, his music, his future, and his women also suffer from the bad pacing. 

The Quad desperately needs someone who can streamline the stories as well as solve its incredibly uneven pacing issues. I want this show to succeed but it needs help with how to focus on a couple of storylines only in each ep and figure out what's necessary for current & future stories while cutting the bloat.

• Love 4

What Chick2Chic said.

Honestly, I forgot this was even on last night and just caught the last 15 minutes or so.  

Also, as if Eva doesn't have enough issues, now she's going to become a pill junkie?

Edited by Ohwell
Forgot a comment
  • Love 1
4 hours ago, Chick2Chic said:

The Quad desperately needs someone who can streamline the stories as well as solve its incredibly uneven pacing issues. I want this show to succeed but it needs help with how to focus on a couple of storylines only in each ep and figure out what's necessary for current & future stories while cutting the bloat.

This. The Quad is trying to be too many things. There are the school's financial issues, which is, arguably, the most interesting storyline. Sydney's PTSD from her rape, Noni and her sneakiness, Cedric and his burgeoning relationship with his friend, Eva's run-in with the racist cop, and now this silliness with Cecil having a child. Why would his son be mad at Cecil when Cecil didn't know his son (name?) existed?

And damn, Whitley! I didn't even know you were a bitch. Why stop the sale of a building that isn't being used when you know the school is cash strapped? That's one of the many things that annoys me with the board. They slam Eva's ideas about funding, but they offer no alternatives. All Cecil and Pettiway do is bitch and moan. Whitley was Eva's friend and defender, but I guess she has her eye on the job and wants Eva out. 

Now Blue Blood is back on line, but that reminds me, isn't Blue Blood a twin? I could've sworn we were introduced to him and his brother in the pilot. If so, wouldn't his brother pledge Sigma as well since it's the family tradition? 

• Love 1