Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E06: Chapter 6

Bort

I don't know how to feel about this show.  I love watching it from a production value standpoint - I think it is excellently produced and visually stunning.  But at this point I just wish something would happen.  As a viewer I want to know if what I'm watching is real, or a delusion, or a delusion within a delusion.  I have never read the comic books, so I don't know if this show is made for the loyal comic readers and I'm just not supposed to get it.

Edited by chaifan
  • Love 1
On 3/21/2017 at 4:10 PM, PatternRec said:

Cary's/Kerry's ability is one you don't want to question so much. How does she come out fully clothed? Does she have to bring the clothes in with her or can she generate new clothes on her own? Is there a closet inside of Cary in case she wants more than one outfit? Where was she keeping that spiked club and does it hurt Cary when it's inside of him? Does he shop for her or does she buy her own clothes? If she buys her own, how does someone who doesn't even know what going to the bathroom is know how to pick out such dynamite outfits? Does she have a subscription to Vogue addressed to Inside of Cary, Summerland, Upstate New York, USA, or does she share a post box with him? Is there a full length mirror inside Cary or does she have to come out to use the mirror to pick an outfit, and how bored does Cary get during this process? etc. 

And she's in full makeup....

On 3/23/2017 at 2:11 PM, chaifan said:

I don't know how to feel about this show.  I love watching it from a production value standpoint - I think it is excellently produced and visually stunning.  But at this point I just wish something would happen.  As a viewer I want to know if what I'm watching is real, or a delusion, or a delusion within a delusion.  I have never read the comic books, so I don't know if this show is made for the loyal comic readers and I'm just not supposed to get it.

They are in the Astral Plane being controlled by Lenny/Yellow Eye Demon, so it's a delusion in a delusion to use your phrase. Their real bodies in the real world are in a room being shot at.

• Love 3
On 3/21/2017 at 4:10 PM, PatternRec said:

Cary's/Kerry's ability is one you don't want to question so much. How does she come out fully clothed? Does she have to bring the clothes in with her or can she generate new clothes on her own? Is there a closet inside of Cary in case she wants more than one outfit? Where was she keeping that spiked club and does it hurt Cary when it's inside of him? Does he shop for her or does she buy her own clothes? If she buys her own, how does someone who doesn't even know what going to the bathroom is know how to pick out such dynamite outfits? Does she have a subscription to Vogue addressed to Inside of Cary, Summerland, Upstate New York, USA, or does she share a post box with him? Is there a full length mirror inside Cary or does she have to come out to use the mirror to pick an outfit, and how bored does Cary get during this process? etc. 

It's kind of like werewolf transformation in a way, isn't it?  Some fictive interpretations I can recall, center around stuff like, literally, the human skin splitting... some form characterized as "his fur flowed over him" (guess it's like a mink stole turned inside out and then right side in? etc.), others I'm forgetting...