Type keyword(s) to search

• Start Topic

Ratings are definitely down but this notion that its the end of the Kardashians completely is wishful thinking and that's because they as individuals have developed large fan bases and don't need the show and will find other ways to stay in the spotlight. Maybe some would fade away but I can't see them suddenly not getting photographed everywhere. The pandemonium Kylie caused at both her West and East coast pop-up store openings was downright scary and and proof of her following, for example.

Edited by howmanywords

Hardly a surprise with the ratings.  It is well known that the show has been losing it's audience.  

The K's have a lot of young fans - which is the most unreliable.  Most grow up and eventually move on.

Think Paris Hilton.  She is no where getting the media coverage she was compared to during the height of her show.

Edited by escape
  • Love 2
4 hours ago, teddysmom said:

Family is so important to me that I leave my kids for a couple weeks to go to Paris Fashion Week and out clubbing. 

Don't forget, Kanye left their kids - parentless -  in NY, during one of the few breaks he had, to fly across the Atlantic for a day to help Kim try on shoes.  Priorities!

• Love 8
1 hour ago, howmanywords said:

Ratings are definitely down but this notion that its the end of the Kardashians completely is wishful thinking and that's because they as individuals have developed large fan bases and don't need the show and will find other ways to stay in the spotlight. Maybe some would fade away but I can't see them suddenly not getting photographed everywhere. The pandemonium Kylie caused at both her West and East coast pop-up store openings was downright scary and and proof of her following, for example.

Remember when Paris Hilton was THE most famous reality person on the planet? The same thing will happen to the Kardashian's. Kim isn't even the most followed person on IG anymore, she's dropped down to 5th or 6th, so it's happening, it will just take time.

• Love 4
23 hours ago, TheVoicesToldMeTo said:

From Kris Jenner's twitter:

Family is so important she put her ill-in-every-way son on national TV still in the midst of his multi-year crisis, co-signed on her youngest child's transformation into....whatever Kylie is......likely scooted 2 of her other daughters toward televi$ed weddings to people they barely knew....

And they are blessed.  Everyone else is.....remember the concierge?  I recall reading somewhere that this guy has a family of his own (children, not sure how old they are), and he had to quit that job (for obvious reasons).  Has Kim publicly reached out to him to acknowledge he was a victim too?  She was asking him to translate to the robbers not to kill her b/c she was a mother of 2 babies.  What about him?   He likely has 0.0000001% of the support (emotional, financial) to deal with these events, and it sounds like he may have actually gotten roughed up more than Kim.  It's almost as though she doesn't acknowledge him as a fellow victim, and only sees him as a tool to use to get her through the event. 

I thought about that as well. Someone else was tied up and held at gun point just like her and she wanted that person to translate her last wishes? What about their life and family. 

I still wonder about that. She says the concierge is a him, then after commercial says "she" so how many victims were there? Was it a man or s woman.

She and Kanye are so worried about their kids but leave them all the time. Ok, I get that everyone has to work and they have unusual jobs BUT Kanye flew to Paris to dress Kim? Because he didn't like her shoes the day before? Why didn't he spend that time with his kids? If Kim is working in Paris why didn't she say that to Kanye? Go spend that time with the kids not flying to Paris for 24 hours 

How hard was it for Kanye to tell Kim to wear her jacket off her shoulder? Which is all she did that week anyway.

Edited by Stephanie1216
  • Love 3
8 minutes ago, Stephanie1216 said:

I thought about that as well. Someone else was tied up and held at gun point just like her and she wanted that person to translate her last wishes? What about their life and family. 

I still wonder about that. She says the concierge is a him, then after commercial says "she" so how many victims were there? Was it a man or s woman.

She and Kanye are so worried about their kids but leave them all the time. Ok, I get that everyone has to work and they have unusual jobs BUT Kanye flew to Paris to dress Kim? Because he didn't like her shoes the day before? Why didn't he spend that time with his kids? If Kim is working in Paris why didn't she say that to Kanye? Go spend that time with the kids not flying to Paris for 24 hours 

How hard was it for Kanye to tell Kim to wear her jacket off her shoulder? Which is all she did that week anyway.

Concierge is a man, 40-ish, Abdulrahman.  Kim's friend/stylist Simone was also in the apartment, but apparently downstairs sleeping and awoke during robbery.  If you watch the video, the concierge says that he was more of a receptionist or night watchman than a guard.  He wasn't even armed.  It's just baffling to me that Kanye and all of the other celebrities who stay there felt secure with that low level of security detail.  Apparently the robbers got into Kim's place with a simple key.  No deadbolt, chain, alarm system....I have better security than they did, on my tool shed.

• Love 8
5 hours ago, teddysmom said:

I guess I'm a monster, I watched this last night when they reran it, and I found it ridiculous. 

It seemed like they were trying very hard to seem upset, but just couldn't quite pull it off.  

Maybe because the telling wasn't sincere, they were reading a script and shooting and reshooting scenes?  

The stuff at the end with the babies was sweet, but it didn't make me feel sad. It made me feel like Kim is using her children. 

Family is so important to me that I leave my kids for a couple weeks to go to Paris Fashion Week and out clubbing. 

Me too. I really thought I might actually feel sympathy for her, but the whole thing was so contrived. Even Kanye sitting there with his tough talk about "if anything had happened to her, I wouldn't have stopped", made me snicker.  The whole entourage coming home.. all the black SUV's and Kanye ordering his manager to line up everyone so they can have their little photo op walk into the apartment for the paps.

And the thieves didn't even know Kim's name!! Looking for the "rapper's wife" that must have stung.

Kim talking about the "importance of being in the front row at Fashion Week" and how powerful it is... It just reinforces how shallow she is. She contributes nothing, she's just there to been seen.  Her main concern at the end was that the little bubble of celebrity she lives in was disturbed.

So Kanye's "crew" was filming the whole time.. wonder who sold their footage of the aftermath of the robbery in Paris to the tabloids?   

How hard was it for Kanye to tell Kim to wear her jacket off her shoulder?

I notice he wears his the same way.

• Love 7
55 minutes ago, TheVoicesToldMeTo said:

Don't forget, Kanye left their kids - parentless -  in NY, during one of the few breaks he had, to fly across the Atlantic for a day to help Kim try on shoes.  Priorities!

I didn't know that!  Geesus.    

• Love 1
5 minutes ago, iwasish said:

I notice he wears his the same way.

Difference being Kim wears her coats off-shoulder to create the impression of nudity underneath.  Kanye wears oversized coats to make himself look like some big buff athlete (Kim's preference) but he doesn't have the build to keep his coats on his shoulders.

• Love 6
7 minutes ago, iwasish said:

Me too. I really thought I might actually feel sympathy for her, but the whole thing was so contrived. Even Kanye sitting there with his tough talk about "if anything had happened to her, I wouldn't have stopped", made me snicker.  The whole entourage coming home.. all the black SUV's and Kanye ordering his manager to line up everyone so they can have their little photo op walk into the apartment for the paps.

And the thieves didn't even know Kim's name!! Looking for the "rapper's wife" that must have stung.

Kim talking about the "importance of being in the front row at Fashion Week" and how powerful it is... It just reinforces how shallow she is. She contributes nothing, she's just there to been seen.  Her main concern at the end was that the little bubble of celebrity she lives in was disturbed.

So Kanye's "crew" was filming the whole time.. wonder who sold their footage of the aftermath of the robbery in Paris to the tabloids?   

I watched the rerun last night just to be sure I wasn't misjudging something.  Nope. Soulless famewhores.

Are all of Kanye's concerts filmed like that? I noticed it very convenient that the camera was there to film him being told that she had been robbed.  I have to say the cynical part of me wondered if it was a re enactment for the show. 

Did she say they told her" shut up or we'll kill you?"

"why would I fake it? I wouldn't get to wear my ring anymore"   Is she kidding?  Not, what have I done that anyone would think I'm that shallow? 

• Love 4
5 minutes ago, teddysmom said:

I watched the rerun last night just to be sure I wasn't misjudging something.  Nope. Soulless famewhores.

Are all of Kanye's concerts filmed like that? I noticed it very convenient that the camera was there to film him being told that she had been robbed.  I have to say the cynical part of me wondered if it was a re enactment for the show. 

Did she say they told her" shut up or we'll kill you?"

"why would I fake it? I wouldn't get to wear my ring anymore"   Is she kidding?  Not, what have I done that anyone would think I'm that shallow? 

Kanye hired a 20 year old to follow him around and document all things stupid on VHS camcorder.  Oh the things this child has seen

If E! is shopping for programming, they should do a 2 hour special with the concierge titled "My 15 minutes of Hell acting as Kim's translator".  They'd start of with a full screen black Chryon:  "On October 3, 2016, Abdul had to do the unthinkable.......deal with a hysterical Kim Kardashian".  Next cut to the week before where Abdul is going to work, hanging out with friends and family, laughing at US election coverage, maybe eating a croissant.  Then cut to the aftermath:  "Like, Kim would not STFU about her babies and not getting raped and, like, OMG why am I talking like I'm from Calabasas?!?  Grip!  Literally and Bible?!?" 

• Love 8

E! is shopping for programming, they should do a 2 hour special with the concierge titled "My 15 minutes of Hell acting as Kim's translator".  They'd start of with a full screen black Chryon:  "On October 3, 2016, Abdul had to do the unthinkable.......deal with a hysterical Kim Kardashian".  Next cut to the week before where Abdul is going to work, hanging out with friends and family, laughing at US election coverage, maybe eating a croissant.  Then cut to the aftermath:  "Like, Kim would not STFU about her babies and not getting raped and, like, OMG why am I talking like I'm from Calabasas?!?  Grip!  Literally and Bible?!?" 

She was starting to remind me of Lucille Bluth and her rape horn.   And please believe me when I state unequivocally I am not making fun of rape or anything of the sort.    I wish someone would interview the concierge. 

Is Bible something they say all the time? I'm missing something.  I'm assuming it's used to imply "truth"?  

• Love 3
12 minutes ago, teddysmom said:

She was starting to remind me of Lucille Bluth and her rape horn.   And please believe me when I state unequivocally I am not making fun of rape or anything of the sort.    I wish someone would interview the concierge. 

Is Bible something they say all the time? I'm missing something.  I'm assuming it's used to imply "truth"?  

I can certainly understand how Kim would have feared rape first (even if she'd gone to bed in hazmat suit) with unknown men breaking into her place in the middle of the night.  What's bugging me is that many of the Kardashian go-to tabloids (or even the secondary scavenger media outlets) are leading their coverage with the "Rape" headline, accompanied by thumbnail photos of Kim scantily clad or cleavage baring, or even stock photos of random woman's décolletage.

We know she was robbed, and assaulted (being shoved, bound, gagged, carried into a confining space against her will, etc), however the Kardashian PR team is pushing the rape angle to either outrage or titillate media consumers into click counts.

• Love 9

I just watched the episode today and I was surprised to say that I thought it was pretty well done.  I don't think her reactions - fear of rape, fear of death - when 2 men burst into your room and hold you at gunpoint, toss you on a bed, tape your mouth closed - is unreasonable.  I would even argue that I think it would be expected.  And I teared up at Kim being reunited with North.  My own kids are 5 and 4 so...that one resonated.

If I was a fashion person...I would be completely envious of the start of that paris week.  I might think that some of the fashion is ridiculous when it winds up on US weekly or on tmz, but seeing it on the show, there was a glam factor added in that gets lost in the printed pictures.  But Kanye flying over to syle her for 6 hours or whatever and then flying home was utterly ridiculous.  The only thing I tell myself is that this wasn't too far before his breakdown, and those eccentricities coupled with erratic behavior were more than likely already alive and well.  

Kourtney saying that it was fun to play barbie doll summed it up nicely.  For Kim...it's her life.  

Mason knowing who Urkel is made the entire episode.  

• Love 6
30 minutes ago, teddysmom said:

I just read that next week or maybe the following will be about Kanye's breakdown. 

They're probably wishing he could have held off on his breakdown until next year, so that they could focus on Kim & the robbery this season, & Kanye & his breakdown next season. Maybe Khloe will get married & that will give something for next season.

• Love 3

Lets see how much of his breakdown he lets be aired. He's certainly come a far way from "never gonna be on the show, never gonna have my kids on the show"  and I don't believe it's all because he "loves" Kim and wants to do what makes her happy. Cause why isn't she keeping her kids and him off the show if she loves him? He's in it for the press and the attention it gets him. He uses her and she uses him.. love has nothing to do with it.

• Love 2

I haven't watched in a long time, but wanted to see how they'd deal with the robbery.  The thing I noticed the most was how much and how bad the plastic surgery Kris and Kim have had is...(does that make sense?). They don't look human or like real people. Not at all attractive, imo. I hope Kourtney continues to resist and Khloe has no more...it looks like Kendall gets the occasional lip plumping...I hope she doesn't get more permanent work done. ick all around.

I also noticed that Kanye had a track of him singing that he had to talk over in order to announce the end of the concert... 

• Love 4
11 hours ago, TheVoicesToldMeTo said:

You make it sound like he left them on the street.  I have no doubt that there was adequate staff to look after the children - after all, it's not like K&K never travel. 

• Love 1
9 hours ago, ECE said:

I also noticed that Kanye had a track of him singing that he had to talk over in order to announce the end of the concert... 

I was very surprised by that. Had he been lip-synching on stage? If so, where was the public outcry? Can someone explain? Why were we hearing him sing when he was clearly just off to the side being told about the emergency?

• Love 2

Does anyone else find it strange that the E! camera crew was not in France filming during fashion week?  Don't the Kardashians usually take the crew to NY fashion week?  They filmed the week before in Miami.  I wonder maybe if production are having some budget issues.

5 hours ago, Ina123 said:

I was very surprised by that. Had he been lip-synching on stage? If so, where was the public outcry? Can someone explain? Why were we hearing him sing when he was clearly just off to the side being told about the emergency?

He always has a track when he sings. He has a crappy voice and needs the help. 

The public outcry would have been if he sang without a track.  

Edited by iwasish
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, iwasish said:

He always has a track when he sings. He has a crappy voice and needs the help. 

And it's not really singing, so there's that.

Sorry to those who have an appreciation for it. I just don't.

• Love 1
23 hours ago, Shangrilala said:

I just watched the episode today and I was surprised to say that I thought it was pretty well done.  I don't think her reactions - fear of rape, fear of death - when 2 men burst into your room and hold you at gunpoint, toss you on a bed, tape your mouth closed - is unreasonable.  I would even argue that I think it would be expected.  And I teared up at Kim being reunited with North.  My own kids are 5 and 4 so...that one resonated.

I am NO fan of ANY Kardashian but damned if this episode didn't get me all in my feelings like an episode of This is Us!! When she said she got her head mentally prepared to be raped, ugh. I can't even imagine how scary that whole thing must have been for her (& the concierge) even though it was probably only what 10-15 minutes?

They all still need to dial the highlighter down. On a scale of 1-10, they need to aim for a 4 & they're currently at 117.

Edited by DrSparkles
  • Love 4
5 hours ago, heatherchandler said:

You have me shaking laughing.  I am picturing him singing and no track, cut to people rioting in the streets.

Wasn't there a scene in the movie The Blob where tons  of people ran screaming from a theatre? That's what I envisioned.

• Love 4

I recognize that this is not the focal point of the episode, but Kanye flying to another continent to make sure Kim wears what he wants her to wear?  Straight-up Lifetime movie level creepy shit. 

Edited by ladle
  • Love 6
3 hours ago, ladle said:

I recognize that this is not the focal point of the episode, but Kanye flying to another continent to make sure Kim wears what he wants her to wear?  Straight-up Lifetime movie level creepy shit. 

Creepier still, he thought what she was wearing was too revealing.

• Love 4
On ‎3‎/‎31‎/‎2017 at 9:31 PM, iwasish said:

Creepier still, he thought what she was wearing was too revealing.

He thought it was too revealing? Hahaha. Kayne is the one who staged the photo shoot where Kim posed on a mound of dirt with her almost-bare butt sticking out at the camera. Maybe he only thinks her outfit is too revealing when somebody else picks it out. But if HE selected it, okey-dokey.

• Love 2
14 hours ago, Coffeecup said:

He thought it was too revealing? Hahaha. Kayne is the one who staged the photo shoot where Kim posed on a mound of dirt with her almost-bare butt sticking out at the camera. Maybe he only thinks her outfit is too revealing when somebody else picks it out. But if HE selected it, okey-dokey.

The slit in the crotch of her dress apparently was too high and her hooha was in danger of making a red carpet appearance.