Jump to content
Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
PrincessPurrsALot

S05.E11: James K's Story

Recommended Posts

6 hours ago, CatherineM said:

Another difference I noticed with James. On other episodes like Milla or Lisa who are bed bound, when they get rolled over by family to get cleaned, they flop and bend. James is rigid like he’s already in rigour mortis. His skin on his back side is red and completely flat. He can’t bend at the waist like Lisa or Penny. I just can’t fathom how he has enough circulation to keep gangrene from setting in. 

He does have poor circulation; that's what the yellow bubbles are - dead tissue.

  • Like 1
  • Useful 1
  • Surprise 5

Share this post


Link to post

3 hours ago, ShortyMac said:

He does have poor circulation; that's what the yellow bubbles are - dead tissue.

It looks like alien life forms growing on his legs.  

  • Like 3
  • Laugh 1

Share this post


Link to post
3 hours ago, ShortyMac said:

He does have poor circulation; that's what the yellow bubbles are - dead tissue.

His immune system must be amazing.   And his hygiene must be pretty good.  Lisa may be evil, but she keeps him clean.  Must prefer him to rot from the inside out vs. from the outside in for aesthetic reasons.

  • Like 1
  • Laugh 3

Share this post


Link to post

14 minutes ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

Every time his thread pops to the top of the list, I wonder if his 99 lives (apparently he has that many) ran out.    

Yeah me too. Rotten of me I know but it makes sense, especially with his eating habit.  It’s a miracle he’s lasted this long! 

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
On 3/30/2019 at 9:29 PM, Hellga said:

His immune system must be amazing.   And his hygiene must be pretty good.  Lisa may be evil, but she keeps him clean.  Must prefer him to rot from the inside out vs. from the outside in for aesthetic reasons.

I actually don't think Lisa is evil. She's not a great person but she's also not a sociopath. Not fighting someone on their poor life choices and allowing them to reach the natural conclusion of those life choices does not make someone evil. He chose to demand that food was snuck into the hospital and he chose to eat that food. She probably does resent him and will be happy when he dies but I think anyone would who put up with him that long, TBH.

1 hour ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

Every time his thread pops to the top of the list, I wonder if his 99 lives (apparently he has that many) ran out.    

That's why I clicked on it too.

  • Like 4
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
12 hours ago, BuyMoreAndSave said:

I actually don't think Lisa is evil. She's not a great person but she's also not a sociopath. Not fighting someone on their poor life choices and allowing them to reach the natural conclusion of those life choices does not make someone evil. He chose to demand that food was snuck into the hospital and he chose to eat that food. She probably does resent him and will be happy when he dies but I think anyone would who put up with him that long, TBH.

That's why I clicked on it too.

Same here. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

Rewatching this again. In the scene right after he gets to Houston, when they are transferring him to the bed to take his weight, it looks like there are ten nurses or orderlies doing it. They are all wearing gloves, gowns, and masks. That seemed like overkill. Wonder if he was covered in filth from being strapped down for 16 hours. The smell must have been incredible. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
25 minutes ago, sainte-chapelle said:

I clicked too because I thought he died. 

I'm raising my hand

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post

On 3/15/2017 at 6:12 PM, DC Gal in VA said:

A really good friend of mine has a great saying for when people do very bad things: "He/she is goin' to Hell in gasoline soaked drawers!" Well, I guess I'm a candidate cause I totally laughed out loud when Dr. Now walked up to them after the EMTs struggled to get him into the hospital all the while he's screaming and crying "my legs, my legs, they're going to drop me!" and calmly says "How are y'all doin?"

*****Currently have multiple drawers in the sink soaking in gasoline*****

The genesis of gasoline soaked drawers.  I tip my hat to you.🐩

  • Like 5
  • Laugh 1

Share this post


Link to post

Sadly, James K is still breathing, and lolling around like a beached whale, while nice people like Kelly die.          He's been so sick, and recovers every time.   

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post

11 hours ago, Twopper said:

So James K is still NOT dead.  

Amazingly, Robert, LB, Lisa, Kelly and Sean have all preceded him. With the exception of Lisa who never tried at all, the others all lost hundreds of pounds and really did try before the stresses of life got to be too much (Roberts’ body giving out after too long of a pain med addiction, LB and his demons, Kelly knew she was racing the clock but tried so hard and Sean had gone from 1000 to under 500 at one point. Losing his mother and then the floods just took his motivation away). Life isn’t fair,and we get reminded of that daily.

  • Sad 4

Share this post


Link to post

Because I am drawn to James K like a moth to flame... watching his show again (bought it on amazon). Lisa says James gained weight because he broke his ankle, and then the bed broke, and fluid built up. Wha???  If the bed breaks, get another one, or at least put some books or bricks under the leg to even it out. And, even if you break a leg/ankle aren't you expected to at least move around and get back to walking as soon as you can?

These people seem to take what should have been a momentary set back (Janine, I'm talking to you), and then milk it for all its worth in terms of eating and not moving.

I dunno. If I break an ankle, I'm pretty sure I'm expected to find a way to get to work after a few days/a week. Certainly it wouldn't be an excuse to go on disability and eat myself into oblivion.

  • Like 13
  • Useful 2
  • Laugh 2

Share this post


Link to post
7 hours ago, aliya said:

Because I am drawn to James K like a moth to flame... watching his show again (bought it on amazon). Lisa says James gained weight because he broke his ankle, and then the bed broke, and fluid built up. Wha???  If the bed breaks, get another one, or at least put some books or bricks under the leg to even it out. And, even if you break a leg/ankle aren't you expected to at least move around and get back to walking as soon as you can?

These people seem to take what should have been a momentary set back (Janine, I'm talking to you), and then milk it for all its worth in terms of eating and not moving.

I dunno. If I break an ankle, I'm pretty sure I'm expected to find a way to get to work after a few days/a week. Certainly it wouldn't be an excuse to go on disability and eat myself into oblivion.

I didn't recall the broken leg story.  Very interesting.    I still hate how he let his dad mortgage his home to pay to transport him to Houston, then James failed to work on his eating habit.

I rolled down some icy steps a few winters ago and broke both an arm and leg, and I was up and about a few days later.   The weight of the two casts did mess up the mattress, but they didn't break the bed.   Of course, I weigh a fraction of what he does

  • Like 9

Share this post


Link to post
14 hours ago, aliya said:

Because I am drawn to James K like a moth to flame... watching his show again (bought it on amazon). Lisa says James gained weight because he broke his ankle, and then the bed broke, and fluid built up. Wha???  . . . .

These people seem to take what should have been a momentary set back (Janine, I'm talking to you), and then milk it for all its worth in terms of eating and not moving.

I dunno. If I break an ankle, I'm pretty sure I'm expected to find a way to get to work after a few days/a week. Certainly it wouldn't be an excuse to go on disability and eat myself into oblivion.

From your keyboard to God's ear. Several years ago, I fell and sprained both ankles and broke one. I was back at work after a day off. I was 57 freaking years old, and must have missed the "take to your bed and gain a few hundred pounds" memo. Silly me. Missed my chance to grow into a size that would qualify me to be a TV stah on M600PL. Instead, I can still take a shower and wipe my own butt. And travel, and work, and pay my own bills. 

I just can't with James. What a user. Remember, his father mortgaged his home to raise the funds for James to be transported from Kentucky (I think it was) to Texas. This was *after* James managed to get some media coverage whining and bitching about how the great State of Kentucky wasn't providing appropriate care for him. Then, after saddling his dad with big debt, he gets to Houston and just pisses away his chance to lose weight. 

IMO James is one of those chronic users who would be some kind of burden on his family, his friends, and society in general, regardless of his weight. Always coming home with a pity story needing a handout or some help. 

Edited by Jeeves
  • Like 12

Share this post


Link to post
14 hours ago, Twopper said:

I didn't recall the broken leg story.  Very interesting.    I still hate how he let his dad mortgage his home to pay to transport him to Houston, then James failed to work on his eating habit.

She tells Dr Now the story when they first get to Houston and the good doctor is raking her over the coals about feeding him so much. "You're doing this to him." "No, I'm not. He fell..."

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post

On the one hand, no news is good news, in that he’s probably still alive. However, the complete blackout on him has me wondering........if it’s because they’re doing another follow up on him. 

Share this post


Link to post

My guess is that he will never qualify for Dr. Now's program, or any other, so that's why no one ever sees anything online about him.   I bet the lack of postings is because I don't think he ever was online.    I think Lisa and other relatives post on FB, not James K (he's probably too busy being there for his family). 

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Like 2
  • Laugh 1

Share this post


Link to post
4 hours ago, CatherineM said:

However, the complete blackout on him has me wondering........if it’s because they’re doing another follow up on him. 

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

  • Like 1
  • Laugh 4

Share this post


Link to post

They said his ambulance trip was going to take 13 hours. When they got there, Lisa said he’d been in there for 16. Wonder if they had to stop to feed him or clean him. We got to see stops on Steven’s trip, but not James. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
On 4/28/2019 at 8:45 AM, Gilbert Smythe said:

OrgChicken_20040100000_Whole_flattened_overhead_on_board.jpg

You need to put this in Jeanne's thread with a picture of her.  I was re-watching it yesterday (yeah, I am a glutton for 600pl train wrecks) and I noticed she is lying on the bed in a beige outfit and  is posed almost exactly like this. 

  • Like 2
  • Laugh 2

Share this post


Link to post

  I’ve never posted before (just lurked), but found a two sentence obituary for James Kean, 46, Kentucky, with message of sympathy to Lisa and Bailey.  It was dated 11/17, before the follow up episode.  Seems this has got to be the same person; just not much fanfare at his passing.  Certainly understandable given the cloud over Lisa.

Share this post


Link to post
2 minutes ago, OldE said:

  I’ve never posted before (just lurked), but found a two sentence obituary for James Kean, 46, Kentucky, with message of sympathy to Lisa and Bailey.  It was dated 11/17, before the follow up episode.  Seems this has got to be the same person; just not much fanfare at his passing.  Certainly understandable given the cloud over Lisa.

Where did you find this, please share! We have honestly been expecting this for years.

Edited to say: not trying to sound cold, but it just seemed insanely impossible that he could live long that way.

Edited by Hannah94

Share this post


Link to post
7 minutes ago, Hannah94 said:

Where did you find this, please share! We have honestly been expecting this for years.

Edited to say: not trying to sound cold, but it just seemed insanely impossible that he could live long that way.

I googled his name, age, Kentucky, obituary.  It came up on the Davis and Davis Funeral Home website.  There are three condolence messages, one naming Lisa and Bailey.  

Share this post


Link to post
13 minutes ago, OldE said:

I’ve never posted before (just lurked), but found a two sentence obituary for James Kean, 46, Kentucky, with message of sympathy to Lisa and Bailey.

Have you got the last name correct? The poundticipant's name was James King, not James Kean.

Share this post


Link to post

Error wasn’t that James had passed - the obituary was for James King.  My apologies to any James Kean.  I’m afraid the mental image of James’ legs will be with me a very long time .... not to be harsh but I do feel angry about the money spent helping someone who really wasn’t interested in being helped while so many other people can’t meet their medical bills.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

1 minute ago, Hannah94 said:

Wow, very strange that both a Lisa and Bayley (spelled the same way too, if I remember correctly) are mentioned in this man's obit. 

They are not mentioned in the obit itself, but by a guest. A misunderstanding I would say.

This other page from the funeral home shows the parents names for James Dewey King as Rondal Chester and Mila Eve Helton King. But we know the father of our James King is named Donald.

https://www.davisanddavisfuneralhome.com/obituaries/James-King-57/#!/Obituary

  • Like 1
  • Useful 1

Share this post


Link to post
3 minutes ago, ProTourist said:

They are not mentioned in the obit itself, but by a guest. A misunderstanding I would say.

This other page from the funeral home shows the parents names for James Dewey King as Rondal Chester and Mila Eve Helton King. But we know the father of our James King is named Donald.

https://www.davisanddavisfuneralhome.com/obituaries/James-King-57/#!/Obituary

Good point. I didn't think of that. Well the waiting game continues on our James, I guess. 

Share this post


Link to post
On ‎3‎/‎30‎/‎2019 at 6:29 PM, Hellga said:

His immune system must be amazing.   And his hygiene must be pretty good.  Lisa may be evil, but she keeps him clean.  Must prefer him to rot from the inside out vs. from the outside in for aesthetic reasons.

Aaaccckkk!

Share this post


Link to post
On ‎4‎/‎30‎/‎2019 at 4:48 PM, CatherineM said:

They said his ambulance trip was going to take 13 hours. When they got there, Lisa said he’d been in there for 16. Wonder if they had to stop to feed him or clean him. We got to see stops on Steven’s trip, but not James. 

Actually, I could live without seeing that.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

2 hours ago, auntjess said:

TODAY, SOON, AT 4PM ET,  James K original episode!  (3/25/20)

it is playing on the tv in the bedroom so I glance at it on the way to the bathroom.   I think he is the one I dislike the most because his father had to get a loan for James to go to Houston in the medical van and James just wastes the opportunity to get help.   It really angers me.

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
45 minutes ago, Twopper said:

it is playing on the tv in the bedroom so I glance at it on the way to the bathroom.   I think he is the one I dislike the most because his father had to get a loan for James to go to Houston in the medical van and James just wastes the opportunity to get help.   It really angers me.

I do not doubt that he is in a lot of constant pain and that does make people awful because of the stress of the pain. 

But he's a special kind of awful.  

I defended Lisa until the follow up -- she's as vicious as he is.  I looked at her as woman who had been abused her entire life and for her own protection was crazy submissive.

His dad ... no words, but he loves/d his son no matter what.  And Baylie.  

A nightmare episode.

 



 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
On 3/26/2020 at 2:39 PM, kstar821 said:

Every time this thread comes to the top I think he's died. *shrug*

You're not the only one that thinks that.     I do suspect that in an era of pandemic, James K better hope he doesn't get hospitalized, he's not going to be getting the resources that people who have a chance to recover will.   

An article on Starcasm says that James K is now a grandfather, his daughter Bayley had a baby. 

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post

James K is still alive, and now a grandfather. sigh.

Quote

Bayley gave birth to her first child and her parents’ first grandchild last summer. Bayley and her partner Clinteze’s baby boy, Aydan J’Mason Crumble, was born last August 21st at 8:31 AM. 

At least Bayley got out and has a life. 

ETA: I'm sorry, CrazyInAlabama, I swear I looked twice before I posted and didn't see your comment. I'm sorry. On the other hand, we sort of both have a similar nickname. 

Edited by DuckyinKy
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
PrincessPurrsALot

James K. used pidgin English when describing Chinese food.  Such mocking behavior of a presumed accent is racist.  Please do not perpetuate his use of that language. 

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...

Customize font-size