Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E04: Mattie G

Drogo

Riley investigates a deadly drug that's killing war vets, but her asset's child gets taken and Bryan defies orders to rescue the girl. Also: someone breaks into Asha's apartment, leaving her shaken.

I continue to love this show. Bryan is kick ass, which I totally love. Maybe this show's premise is that someone will be kidnapped each week for Bryan to save, which gets him in shape for rescuing his own kid later. I did wonder about the teen girl only having some easily removed duct tape on her legs and hands, and wondered why she was not taped to the chair. And I laughed at her doing parkour through that factory after she got loose, then Bryan had to carry her outside ... before putting her down so she could run to her dad. That was a WTH? moment. Not sure what I think about Aisha coming on to Bryan at the end, but I was thinking he needed to put that wedge back under his door (and lock all those locks) once he came inside. But as long as Bryan continues to rock this show and the bad guys, I'm in for the duration. I needed a replacement for Mr. Reese. *shallow*

Oh! And after Bryan shoots the bad guy, the girl runs out the door and is swept away in the van. And no one notices the bad guy's brother isn't with them? What a bunch of maroons.

• Love 5
39 minutes ago, saber5055 said:

Oh! And after Bryan shoots the bad guy, the girl runs out the door and is swept away in the van. And no one notices the bad guy's brother isn't with them? What a bunch of maroons.

Well, whatever that was, it's catching because the good guys missed that Bryan wasn't in the van too.

• Love 1

I thought the cigarette-in-the-gas-tank was a pretty suspenseful and scary situation that I hadn't seen before. But when Bryan caught the last bad guy on fire, I wondered why the guy just stood there waving his arms instead of running out of the gasoline, dropping and rolling. You know, like we were taught in grade school Cub Scouts.

• Love 2
18 hours ago, saber5055 said:

I thought the cigarette-in-the-gas-tank was a pretty suspenseful and scary situation that I hadn't seen before. But when Bryan caught the last bad guy on fire, I wondered why the guy just stood there waving his arms instead of running out of the gasoline, dropping and rolling. You know, like we were taught in grade school Cub Scouts.

Maybe bad guys don't join the Cub Scouts?

I'm assuming he also forgot to the old Dick Van Dyke commercial with the puppy where we were told to "Stop, Drop and Roll, Dick, Roll", followed by the dog barking. 

On 3/21/2017 at 0:20 PM, saber5055 said:

the girl runs out the door and is swept away in the van.

This guy just shot the man trying to kidnap you -- maybe you should find out who he is before running who-knows-where?  Maybe you deserve to be kidnapped!  LOL
All in all, a fun episode. 

• Love 1

I liked this one a lot, not that I haven't liked the other ones, but I'm always down Bryan kicking ass.   On a character note, even though I really don't understand the need for the Bryan/Aisha romance at this point in time, I have to admit it was kind of adorable the way he was nervous.  I mean I enjoyed seeing that from a character perspective and Clive Standen did a really good job with it.  I've only seen him as Archer in Robin Hood and Rollo in Vikings and he's a very assured swashbuckling type in his three episodes of Robin Hood and Rollo is kind of a mess, a totally badass mess and I did love his transformation in early Season 4(which had a bit of out of his element comedy in it) but its good to see he can do nervous and kind of sweet too.  Not just because it was pleasant to watch but just, it shows they can branch the character out a little bit which is good for the show in the long run.

Edited by tessathereaper
  • Love 1

I like this show. I hope it survives. I was surprised that no one on the team thought the daughter could be a target and they left her to be protected by the babysitter. But whatever, I rarely get hung up on the semantics of plot. For me too it’s all about the characters and there have been moments where this show has been good like the scenes that have closed the last two episodes. Not that there haven’t been missed opportunities though. When Christina gets shot and is out of bed like nothing happened this bugs for its lack of realism as mentioned earlier for sure but it’s also a missed opportunity in terms of character reveal. When she goes to interrogate the bad guys show her wincing at least as she sits down. She’s injured, she’s in pain, but the job comes first like it always does over any of her discomfort. Oh and also, note to Bryan who was watching her, she’s badass. Would have been a nice nod as well to the closing scene in the following episode where she has to ask her dead friend’s husband to be her emergency contact because she doesn’t have any family or friends to ask. Imagine that, at this point in her life. The job has come first.

I liked the moment in this episode where Christina says to Riley “ you remember what I told you about over investing emotionally?"  At one point it’s safe to assume Christina would have been Riley, but over time and the job or perhaps a specific incident Christina has learned to detach herself emotionally no doubt through necessity. However, watch for these words to come back to haunt her would be my bet. At any rate, anyone who can rock the stone cold stare like Christina has my attention. I want to know her backstory.