Type keyword(s) to search

S29.E07: Achy Breaky Heart

• Start Topic

I was rooting for both Cara Maria and Darrell so I'm glad they both won their respective eliminations. Ashley K seems nice, but Cara is my favorite and there is no way I was going to root for Zach over Darrell. Darrell's still got it after all this time. At least Zach showed some remorse over what he did to Jenna, but meh.

I love that Cara Maria has never bowed down to Johnny like a lot of other people have. I guess that's one of the many reasons why he throws her into eliminations every chance he gets and vice versa. 

The preview for the rest of the season looks pretty good. Have they mentioned how many people will be on each team at the end?

• Love 6

Jenna.  You are giving yourself breakouts over a RUMOR of something that may or may not have happened when Zach wasn't even in the PICTURE.  Girl stop.

Would prefer Darrelle to stay over Zach but whatever, as long as CT is safe I'm good.

Gross Ashley is gross and I hate that she seems to be the narrator.

"You're either delusional...or you're delusional" cracked me up.

• Love 1

Good ending. Ashley isn't in the realm of "Champion," and Zach is Zach; a punk with little endurance. Jenna is so much better off without him in her life in any capacity.

Honestly, how could Darrell have lost? He knew about Zach. Either he's been watching since Fresh Meat II, or he did his research. Zach can problem "out-bench" the other guys on both sides, but he tires out. Awesome for the show to show him failing with Laurel in Free Agents, though I would've thrown in her bitching him out and bringing up his treatment of Sam. I will never forgive him for that. Frank is a dick for so many other reasons.

Camila? If you knew Johnny was going to play the rest of the team, why didn't you say anything? You're a dumbass like the rest of 'em. Rock-paper-scissors would've been the way to go in terms of figuring out who would go again. Still can't give Johnny credit, because he is a rectal wart that refuses to go away. And he would probably try to cut Cara Maria off at the knees for taking him and Wince out in Bloodlines. Can't have anybody having one up on him, can we? Also: damn, she's won twelve endgames? Is that a record?

Wasn't paying close attention to the season teaser. Is Nicole/Laurel in play? I don't think we've heard which way Laurel swings. I'd evacuate the house if those two hooked up, because it would bring the place down around them.

• Love 8

First, I wanna thank Darrell for saving this season for me. Like I was getting tired of this whole Jenna and Zach drama. Like stop crying Jenna. 

Also, even though I dislike Cara Maria sometimes, I was actually rooting for her over Ashley K. 

The right people won. 

• Love 7

Bananas is good at what he does.  He got the team to give him a 2nd chance to win....and it worked.  However, it also helped the Champs win too.  They could have sent in CT or Zach to do the same thing, but then they would be giving them another chance to win.   It went Bananas way, but it had to go someone's way if the Champs wanted to win.  

In an elimination between Cara and Ashley, I knew unless it is some fluke....there was no way that Cara was not going to win.   I did like that once again the people who came in with a plan won.  Both Cara and Darrelle knew to just let the other one get tuckered out and then rip the pole out of their hands.   Cha-ching.   Game over.  

As for Zach.  I still think he's an ass.  I think Jenna needs to find someone who isn't an asshole to date.  However, I did appreciate that he at least understands he was a douche and treated her poorly.  I didn't expect that from the likes of Zach.  I also was somewhat impressed that Zach wasn't even slightly interested or mad that Jenna might or might not have hooked up with Bruno.   I did laugh that his response was "the vegan??" like that might have bothered him more.  I made me chuckle (the vegetarian verging on vegan that I am...)  

Jenna should move on.  While I like to see this new side to Jenna....I still believe that a leopard doesn't change its spots.  

• Love 7

First of all, well done Darrell. I was so glad that he sent Zach home, although I personally loved/teared up at Zach talking about Knight. That was sweet. And I was pleasantly surprised at how kind and sweet he was to Jenna when she was upset. That being said, #TeamDarrell. I want him to win this thing so badly.

I am a viewer who does not hate Bananas and finds him somewhat entertaining, and also have respect for his looking at the experience for what it is-a game-and playing strategically. I never thought what he did to Sarah was that bad, because at the end of the day she did it to him first and their friendship was more or less over. That he put their issues aside to get themselves to the end on last season Rivals was just a strategy and when he saw a chance to take all the winnings, he took it. Ruthless, yes, but not incomprehensible. I would, however, like to see his ass get sent home this Challenge, preferably by Darrell, who I personally feel is the only one who could do it. CT is a beast, but he's not what he once was physically (this is based entirely on what I've seen in more his more recent showings).

One final note-I do adore Jenna. I really do. When she first started coming on this show, I thought she was a bimbo and she annoyed me, but her charm has really won me over. She seems genuinely sweet and sincere, and she's a fairly good competitor. I really want her to see her worth and I am disappointed that she's so hung up on getting back with Zach. It's hard for me to say she deserves better because she allows herself to get treated this way, but really she does. She just needs to get some self-esteem and know when to tell these clowns to piss off.

• Love 6

Also-one more thing. I don't know why the Underdog team is surprised that Shane is a decent competitor. I don't know if they have amnesia or are just too young to have watched, but the Road Rules kids always were better at the Challenge than Real World back when the two used to face off against one another. Road Rules was all Challenges. Shane has been through this experience more than many of the Underdogs. And he's athletic. I don't understand where the "surprise" is coming from...

• Love 9
On Wed Mar 15 2017 at 11:09 AM, sekay87 said:

Also-one more thing. I don't know why the Underdog team is surprised that Shane is a decent competitor. I don't know if they have amnesia or are just too young to have watched, but the Road Rules kids always were better at the Challenge than Real World back when the two used to face off against one another. Road Rules was all Challenges. Shane has been through this experience more than many of the Underdogs. And he's athletic. I don't understand where the "surprise" is coming from...

It's because he's older. But, one look at several of the champs should them that doesn't mean shit.

Well looks like Ashley k and dario are still together off the show. Props to him.

On Wed Mar 15 2017 at 10:59 AM, sekay87 said:

First of all, well done Darrell. I was so glad that he sent Zach home, although I personally loved/teared up at Zach talking about Knight. That was sweet. And I was pleasantly surprised at how kind and sweet he was to Jenna when she was upset. That being said, #TeamDarrell. I want him to win this thing so badly.

I am a viewer who does not hate Bananas and finds him somewhat entertaining, and also have respect for his looking at the experience for what it is-a game-and playing strategically. I never thought what he did to Sarah was that bad, because at the end of the day she did it to him first and their friendship was more or less over. That he put their issues aside to get themselves to the end on last season Rivals was just a strategy and when he saw a chance to take all the winnings, he took it. Ruthless, yes, but not incomprehensible. I would, however, like to see his ass get sent home this Challenge, preferably by Darrell, who I personally feel is the only one who could do it. CT is a beast, but he's not what he once was physically (this is based entirely on what I've seen in more his more recent showings).

One final note-I do adore Jenna. I really do. When she first started coming on this show, I thought she was a bimbo and she annoyed me, but her charm has really won me over. She seems genuinely sweet and sincere, and she's a fairly good competitor. I really want her to see her worth and I am disappointed that she's so hung up on getting back with Zach. It's hard for me to say she deserves better because she allows herself to get treated this way, but really she does. She just needs to get some self-esteem and know when to tell these clowns to piss off.

Ughh, it bugs anytime I see the comparison of Sarah who was not on Johnny' s team sending him into an elimination where he still had a chance to win against Johnny getting all the way to the end with her on his team and then saying fuck you even though he couldn't have done it without her. Two wildly different things. But I digress. If Johnny wants to be cutthroat go right ahead but using what Sarah did is a copout. Just say you wanted the money.

Edited by Racj82
  • Love 15

For a theme that is such an awesome premise and had such great potential, I am super annoyed.

1. Why are the Champions competing against themselves?  This goes against the entire premise of the show.  We want to see if the Underdogs are badass enough to go one-on-one against some of the biggest badasses to ever be in the game (I'm not counting you, Camilla; you're the epitome of all bark...) and prove that they deserve to be included within that inner circle.

2. Why have they not evened out the teams yet.  So next week, the Champions are back to being 2 people down.  How does that make any sense??

3. Speaking of, since one of the Champion teams HAD to repeat the challenge because they have less people, the additional points should have only counted toward the team total, not the individual ones.  Or, they could have simply had one of the Underdog teams sit out (either by having them vote themselves, having the challengers vote, or picking straws).  

As much as I hate John, I have to give him credit for manipulating the game in his favor once again.  Unfortunately, some of the people on the Champions are too dumb to realize when he does it.  I bet if Wes/Abram was there, he would have been called out on it.  And shut up on Camilla!  THEY let him go again??  Bitch, you are the THEY.

Jenna, please go find yourself someone else.  I can cut her a break because she's early/mid 20s and we all make stupid decisions during that time in our lives.  But Zach ain't shit.  You're cute, and funny, and nice, and....cute.  You can do better.

And also this exchange:

Teej:  Darrel, why are you here?

Darrel: To win the money.

Teej:  Is there are a reason?

Darrel: Yes.  I like winning money.

Me: Dead!

Comedy gold right there!

Edited by luckyroll3
  • Love 10
1 hour ago, sekay87 said:

1 hour ago, Racj82 said:

It's because he's older. But, one look at several of the champs should them that doesn't mean shit.

Could be, but I also bet it's because he's gay.  Remember on the Inferno 3 when everyone acted like it was the biggest upset ever when Davis beat Danny in an elimination game? Davis was a college athlete and Danny was first eliminated on the previous season, as well as showing not a whole of endurance or physical strength up until that point on either show, and yet, it was "shocking" that he lost to Davis. Seems like the gay men are always assumed to be physically weak while the gay women are assumed to be physically strong (true in Ev's case, not really in either Rachel Campus Crawl's or Aneesa's cases).

Edited by Tatum
  • Love 6

I wasn't moved at all by Zach's tribute or whatever to Knight.  I guess that's because I never thought much of Knight whether he was on RW or a challenge, I never saw the appeal of him, never understood where his big ego came from, never understood why people talked about him after he died of an overdose like he was so incredibly special.  Especially compared to Diem, who wanted nothing but just to live.  She fought so hard, she did everything possible to survive, and to me she is much more of a person to miss and admire than Knight, who accidentally partied himself to death.  I'm not saying he deserved to die, I'm just saying I saw nothing in him that calls for a continued choked-up mention at this point. 

I'm glad Zach is gone early so Jenna can have some time to shake him off.  He's no good for you, girl!  And him saying he's trying to prove he's really not the  douchebag so many people think he is, and then missing the entire point entirely by telling us that to prove it he is constantly reminding himself DON'T BE A DOUCHEBAG, DON'T BE A DOUCHEBAG.  Actual non-douchebags do not need to repeat that to themselves as a mantra in order to act right.  But if he actually does want to be better and stop treating his girlfriends as badly as he has in the past, that's great.  I hope he's genuine.

I hope they don't ever bring back that rolling wheel challenge, because it's clearly unfair to the women who are almost always going to be generally shorter than the men.  It was completely doable, as long as you are at least as tall as Laurel.  If you're not, you're pretty much going to plummet after the first rotation no matter what you do.

I'm glad we are down to one Ashley now, but I wish it wasn't this Ashley that stayed.  She's a nightmare.

• Love 4
5 minutes ago, Irritable said:

I wasn't moved at all by Zach's tribute or whatever to Knight.  I guess that's because I never thought much of Knight whether he was on RW or a challenge, I never saw the appeal of him, never understood where his big ego came from, never understood why people talked about him after he died of an overdose like he was so incredibly special.  Especially compared to Diem, who wanted nothing but just to live.  She fought so hard, she did everything possible to survive, and to me she is much more of a person to miss and admire than Knight, who accidentally partied himself to death.  I'm not saying he deserved to die, I'm just saying I saw nothing in him that calls for a continued choked-up mention at this point. 

Agree completely. I always wondered what Diem's family thought, seeing all these MTV tributes where Diem, who fought cancer for 10+ years, was lumped in with someone who died of an accidental overdose. Not saying that his death shouldn't still be tragic to those who loved him (however inexplicable that would seem to me), but the two deaths were so incongruent that if MTV wanted to honor both of them, I think it should have been done separately.

• Love 5

I was disappointed that when they did the interview with Shane talking about recycled challenges that he didn't wonder if they were going to have to eat cookies.

Next to Johnny Backpack, watching CT calmly eat cookies while Shane yacked for days is one of the highlights of this show.  Not Shane yacking because that's always gross, just CT's entire demeanor.

• Love 7

Was it the cookies or the milk that caused the problem? What I remember that was so funny about that is Shane, who had- after a less than stellar first appearance on Campus Crawl- cultivated a laid back, happy go lucky vibe on subsequent challenges, let out a 30 second profanity laced rant about what bullshit it was that CT had taken Seattle David's place in the elimination round because David was lactose intolerant and Shane would surely have beaten him in a who can vomit less contest where milk was involved. I was like, ah yes, there's the Shane I remember.

25 minutes ago, Tatum said:

Could be, but I also bet it's because he's gay.  Remember on the Inferno 3 when everyone acted like it was the biggest upset ever when Davis beat Danny in an elimination game? Davis was a college athlete and Danny was first eliminated on the previous season, as well as showing not a whole of endurance or physical strength up until that point on either show, and yet, it was "shocking" that he lost to Davis. Seems like the gay men are always assumed to be physically weak while the gay women are assumed to be physically strong (true in Ev's case, not really in either Rachel Campus Crawl's or Aneesa's cases).

I agree here.  I think it's because he's older, he's gay and pretty nice.  I think people have preconceived notions about all those populations and so they don't consider Shane to be a threat or a good competitor.   If I was looking at all the guy competitors on the Losers team, I'd think Shane is one of the guys who might be one of the bigger threats.  The idea that Tony was the favorite in their last elimination was laughable to me.  

I am also annoyed that the teams don't battle each other in eliminations.   It's disappointing.   I would love to see Team Losers quake in fear at having to go into one of these things with Bananas or CT...or Cara or Laurel, etc.   They might tap out before it even began.   I keep hoping at some point that they disband the two teams and just have everyone going in solo.   Then I wanna see some of these Challenge Winners destroy the newbies.  

• Love 2

As soon as John said he was going to try to get a second go at the challenge I knew those fools were going to sit back and let him win it. CT and Zach should have fought harder to get a second chance instead of letting John go again. That right there is how he has won so many challenges versus Darrell's winning because of his physical technique. I hate to give it up to the man but he really is good at manipulating them all. Idiots.

Darrell taking out Zach wasn't that shocking because he just followed the logical steps that Cara Maria took. Let the bigger person wear themselves out and then just yank it away. Done.

I still wish the Champs were going head to head against the underdogs in the eliminations. How are they beating champions if they don't fight them?

Laurel was Jenna's get a grip friend this episode. I loved it. Someone needs to do the same for Ashley. As soon as anyone is near a guy she's humping she loses her mind. Get it together girl.

Hate to give Zach any props but at least he didn't act like a complete ass when Jenna told him what was going on because he knew he had no right to do so.

• Love 1

I hope they switch it up soon. I also want to see eliminations between the champs and the underdogs. Otherwise the only head to head competition will be the final. The challenges themselves don't really count because the outcome is inconsequential to the team not up for eliminations.

• Love 2

Did anyone else laugh when Cara Maria said that she's never been on Are You The One, and was joking around with Hunter about dating him? She was asking him where he'd take her on a date, and he said McDonalds and Walmart...and Ashley was getting jealous!!! I was laughing my ass off, especially because those are the exact types of places that I imagine Ashley going to on dates, so why wouldn't she be jealous? I know I'm being kind of a "mean girl", but I'm sure I'm not the only one who thought that, right? 

• Love 8

One of Ashley's drunken tirades when she was on The Real World was screaming at her housemates that her family is so rich that she could own everyone in the house.   So, I doubt Mickey D's and Wally World are her usual date spots.  

21 hours ago, Lantern7 said:

Wasn't paying close attention to the season teaser. Is Nicole/Laurel in play? I don't think we've heard which way Laurel swings. I'd evacuate the house if those two hooked up, because it would bring the place down around them.

It looked like there were scenes of Nicole kissing BOTH Laurel and Cara Maria and then saying something like "sorry Laurel, but I'll take Cara". Who knows how that plays out though. I was most intrigued by the scene of Laurel towering over Amanda and screaming at her. I think I'm alone on this but I kind of like Amanda (it must be the freckles). She has spunk and I want to see if she is able to stand up to Laurel if she comes at her.

So what bothers me about the whole Jenna/Zach thing....I can totally understand Jenna having feelings and easily falling into something with Zach because she probably thinks their personalities work so well together. However, I was irked by the fact that Jenna got so emotional about Zach's reaction to finding out about this rumour. Zach is the guy that was seeing other women while he was supposed to be in an exclusive relationship with Jenna and he brushed it off like nothing when she broke it off with him. He didn't even try to explain himself or ask for forgiveness. Now Jenna is crying that she may have ruined her chances with the cheater because she, who is single, may have hooked up with a guy at a time when Zach wasn't even on the show and she had no idea she would see them again. Jenna, that is messed up. 

I'm a big fan of Darrell and Cara so I'm glad that they both won their battles. It's amazing how people on this show still fall prey to the notion that taller, bigger, muscular, etc. is the intimidation factor. There's CT level of strength which is insane (that moment of him dragging Bananas on his bag will forever be etched in my mind), but they should all know by now that these challenges aren't designed to test pure strength, it's to test strategy and endurance. 

Camilla is so sour. She can choose her loyalties but gets offended when someone else exercises the same choice.

Darrell had the best lines of the episode with his vote and his reason for being on the show, haha. 

Did Zach undergo some personality rehabilitation or something? He wasn't offensive, sexist or cocky. He handled Jenna's gossip confession well, he showed real emotion about Ryan and she showed a lot of humility and respect in his loss to Darrell. 

Edited by RHJunkie
  • Love 3
13 hours ago, shelley1234 said:

As for Zach.  I still think he's an ass.  I think Jenna needs to find someone who isn't an asshole to date.  However, I did appreciate that he at least understands he was a douche and treated her poorly.  I didn't expect that from the likes of Zach.  I also was somewhat impressed that Zach wasn't even slightly interested or mad that Jenna might or might not have hooked up with Bruno.   I did laugh that his response was "the vegan??" like that might have bothered him more.  I made me chuckle (the vegetarian verging on vegan that I am...)  

Maybe it's just me being a cynic, but I think all of that was for show. The way Zach all but winked at the camera made me think his apology is an act. Same with the tribute to Knight. A few seasons back he got a tummy ache and I remember being more convinced by those crocodile tears. He's a sleaze. Cheers to Darrel for sending him home.

10 hours ago, sekay87 said:

Unpopular opinion around here but I also don't hate Johnny. And I got a kick out of how petty he was being last season like Sarah had murdered his family. I still think the worst thing Bananas ever did was screw over Paula on the Island. They were genuinely friends and he did her so dirty. I'm not throwing Sarah a pity party because she thought he was actually her friend. These two literally hated each other for years. That doesn't just get swept under the rug, especially when there's a shitload of money on the line.

That said, if they ever do a twist like that again, I hope there's a double twist for being greedy. I half  expected them to give Johnny nothing when he decided to leave Sarah high and dry. Maybe they could do a bit where they guess what the other person would pick, get it right and you split the money. Get it wrong and go home empty handed.

1 hour ago, double-elvis said:

It looked like there were scenes of Nicole kissing BOTH Laurel and Cara Maria and then saying something like "sorry Laurel, but I'll take Cara". Who knows how that plays out though. I was most intrigued by the scene of Laurel towering over Amanda and screaming at her. I think I'm alone on this but I kind of like Amanda (it must be the freckles). She has spunk and I want to see if she is able to stand up to Laurel if she comes at her.

I thought Nicole said the "Sorry, Laurel" line in a TH, not to Laurel's face but I could  mistaken.  Either way, dickish.  The way the preview seemed is that Nicole will end up pursuing Laurel casually (& possibly quietly?) until she bags CM.

I'm still annoyed that the two teams don't face each other in elimination, but I liked Cars showing why she's won so many eliminations.

Jenna can do better than Zach, but doesn't think she can and/or deserves to do better.

• Love 1
9 hours ago, rho said:

Unpopular opinion around here but I also don't hate Johnny. And I got a kick out of how petty he was being last season like Sarah had murdered his family. I still think the worst thing Bananas ever did was screw over Paula on the Island. They were genuinely friends and he did her so dirty. I'm not throwing Sarah a pity party because she thought he was actually her friend. These two literally hated each other for years. That doesn't just get swept under the rug, especially when there's a shitload of money on the line.

I don't think they hated each other prior to Battle of the Exes 2. I don't know that they were particularly close, but they seemed to get along well enough when their paths crossed. If anything, Sarah was kind of in awe of Johnny, at least in the beginning. And I do believe I heard that Sarah and Johnny actually trained together for Battle of the Sexes 2.

I don't think Sarah did anything wrong by casting Johnny into an elimination round, but they were sort of friends when she did it.

That said, I don't think Johnny took all the money because he hates Sarah or was seeking revenge. I think he just wanted a bigger payday and didn't care if that meant Sarah would hate him. There might be a few guys from this show that John would decide not to screw over, but I think he would have done the same to almost anyone, regardless of their relationship prior to the decision.

10 hours ago, RHJunkie said:

So what bothers me about the whole Jenna/Zach thing....I can totally understand Jenna having feelings and easily falling into something with Zach because she probably thinks their personalities work so well together. However, I was irked by the fact that Jenna got so emotional about Zach's reaction to finding out about this rumour. Zach is the guy that was seeing other women while he was supposed to be in an exclusive relationship with Jenna and he brushed it off like nothing when she broke it off with him. He didn't even try to explain himself or ask for forgiveness. Now Jenna is crying that she may have ruined her chances with the cheater because she, who is single, may have hooked up with a guy at a time when Zach wasn't even on the show and she had no idea she would see them again. Jenna, that is messed up. 

You know, I would bet good money Zach doesn't even care. I mean, he might say that he cares, because it gives him a convenient out in case he decides he doesn't want to reconcile with Jenna, but I absolutely don't believe for one second his decision of whether or not to get back with her hinged on whatever she did while single. I think honestly, he came to the show with no intention of starting anything up with her again, changed his mind once he was there because she's hot and he's horny, and fully intends to ride off into the sunset without her once the show is over. It's an added bonus he gets to make her think their reconciliation was doomed because of something she did, rather than the fact that it was never going to happen in real life regardless. 

• Love 2

I just remembered the other funny bit:  Johnny is voiceovering about the male champions' strength and he said something like "each one is bigger and stronger than the next" and the camera panned from Darrell to Zach to CT, which was the order they were standing.  But the pan did not even include Johnny!

• Love 5
17 hours ago, Zima said:

Did anyone else laugh when Cara Maria said that she's never been on Are You The One, and was joking around with Hunter about dating him? She was asking him where he'd take her on a date, and he said McDonalds and Walmart...and Ashley was getting jealous!!! I was laughing my ass off, especially because those are the exact types of places that I imagine Ashley going to on dates, so why wouldn't she be jealous? I know I'm being kind of a "mean girl", but I'm sure I'm not the only one who thought that, right? 

Yeah, I thought that was really odd as well. To me it seemed like Hunter wasn't even interested in CM at all and that's why he was saying "I'll take you to McDonald's." And Ashley went nuts over that.

So now that that the Champs only have 3 guys and 3 girls, that means that Johnny (If he doesn't win the next Champ challenge and is safe from elimination) at some point would have to go against Darrell or CT. And since the Champ eliminations seem to be bringing back old elimination games, does this mean that we could possible have a repeat of the Johnny Backpack incident?! Please make this happen MTV Gods!!!!

• Love 7
1 hour ago, MaggieG said:

So now that that the Champs only have 3 guys and 3 girls, that means that Johnny (If he doesn't win the next Champ challenge and is safe from elimination) at some point would have to go against Darrell or CT. And since the Champ eliminations seem to be bringing back old elimination games, does this mean that we could possible have a repeat of the Johnny Backpack incident?! Please make this happen MTV Gods!!!!

I would give The Challenge/MTV gods my first born if they made this happen!!

• Love 3

Maybe this has been brought up before and I missed it, but does anyone besides me think Jenna had to have done something with Bruno on the plane to make her react the way she did?  I do get the "telephone" aspect of once a story gets told a few times it gets worse and worse, but I find it hard to believe the rumor was based on an out and out lie.  

• Love 4

Who knows, but I did think it was particularly mean that they knew how Jenna feels about Zach, and that they would bring it up. I know it's a game and they try to get in each other's heads, I just think it's mean. fWIW, I do think Zach is remorseful for how he treated Jenna. This was the first season I've seen him humbled. I think he really does care about her. They "get" each other, and he seems genuinely happy to be around her. He was bothered that she was sad, and that's not how he usually operates. I thought he was sweet when he rubbed her back when she was crying. Maybe he's maturing. At least he realizes he was a douchebag in the past. That's some growth there.

• Love 5

So you may all be wondering why I, a 59-year old housewife (!), still watches this show (my dirty secret). Husband thinks I'm a little ridiculous, and I have a 21-year old daughter who would not dream of watching this junk.  I'll tell you why.  It's because when CT in his black shirt and blue eyes looks at me through the camera like that, I know he loves me back and I will watch his show forever 

• Love 18

Co-signed, one hundo- there are unmistakable lowkey homophobia vibes in the air...

• Love 1

I was so close to being completely done with these challenges but then they brought out the last OG Road Rules players.  I forgot how much I'd missed the classic players. Shane and Darrell are my everything this season. 

TJ: Darrell you gotta pick someone.

Darrell: That's fucked up. 

TJ: Who do you pick?

Darrell: Ashley I guess.

TJ: Why?

Darrell: Because you making me pick somebody.

• Love 11
On 3/15/2017 at 2:46 PM, Zima said:

Heh, maybe. Maybe she doesn't date sugar daddies anymore like she was on the RW and has gone back to her Walmart/Macdonald-loving roots. I still chuckle thinking about how she was trying to pass herself off as a local during her SF season. Girl, no. One year of living in SF does not make you a local.

Edited by MVFrostsMyPie
  • Love 1

Not buying Zach's nice guy act, nor his tearful tribute to Knight. The whole goodbye scene with Jenna seemed scripted too, and tres awkward! I thought Jenna was a stupid bimbo at first, but her competitive spirit won me over. I wish she gave zero F's about what the meathead (Zach) thinks, and shouted from the rooftop that she got some on the plane!! 

Love, love, love Darrell. 

I'm so happy Cara Maria and Darrell won their eliminations! I knew Cara Maria would win hers because she is the best woman to ever do them in Challenge history but I was surprised at how Darrell won his so convincingly. CT, Cara Maria, Darrell, and Hunter are by far my favorites, and Bananas, Laurel, Nicole, and Camila are my enemies.

• Love 1

If Cara Maria gets eliminated, it kind of takes away my reason to keep watching. I've loved her since I first discovered her on the season where Wes dumped a 2-liter of cola over her head, and Laurel went batshit on them all for being such assholes to Cara.

• Love 2
On 3/16/2017 at 5:25 PM, Rbonnie said:

So you may all be wondering why I, a 59-year old housewife (!), still watches this show (my dirty secret). Husband thinks I'm a little ridiculous, and I have a 21-year old daughter who would not dream of watching this junk.  I'll tell you why.  It's because when CT in his black shirt and blue eyes looks at me through the camera like that, I know he loves me back and I will watch his show forever 

Hee...  you are so not alone; and I'm 3 months away from 58.   My oldest daughters (30s) think I'm nuts, and my twin daughters (24) think I'm cool.  Me? I'll never be too old for eye candy!

• Love 6
3 hours ago, LuvizBlind said:

Hee...  you are so not alone; and I'm 3 months away from 58.   My oldest daughters (30s) think I'm nuts, and my twin daughters (24) think I'm cool.  Me? I'll never be too old for eye candy!

Luvizblind, you just made my night! 

• Love 2
On 3/16/2017 at 1:04 PM, luckyroll3 said:
On 3/16/2017 at 11:20 AM, MaggieG said:

I would give The Challenge/MTV gods my first born if they made this happen!!

This!!! I literally lost focus during the Darrell/Zach bout because I suddenly (perhaps belatedly) had the epiphany that throwback elimination games means there is the possibility of a Johnny Bananas Backpack sequel. Granted, the format of the original elimination wasn't the two nominees against each other, but both against an extra-intense CT cameo (he didn't compete in whichever season that was), but they so have to make this happen. It's not like production would need to throw anything major together last minute when/if those two end up nominated against each other, just grab a couple prop barrels and let TV magic reignite. 

I revisit that clip on YouTube at least annually, whenever I really need a good giggle-fit.

• Love 3
9 hours ago, jsm1125 said:

How strange was it (at least to me) that there was not one reference of Zach and Ashley ever having dated?

I was going to ask that! I haven't seen any references to this, but I have only watched about 20% of the show because I don't care about the new kids and I am tired of Bananas inserting himself into every situation. I just assumed it had happened and I missed it.

I guess though it makes sense- Ashley was 5 years and 3 BMP girlfriends ago for Zach, which is probably a lifetime for most of the castmates, plus I don't think they dated for very long once they left the SD house.

5 hours ago, Tatum said:

I guess though it makes sense- Ashley was 5 years and 3 BMP girlfriends ago for Zach, which is probably a lifetime for most of the castmates, plus I don't think they dated for very long once they left the SD house.

To be fair, staying inside the Real World house and having sex doesn't really qualify as dating.  Dating requires actual effort.

• Love 1
3 hours ago, sugarbaker design said:

To be fair, staying inside the Real World house and having sex doesn't really qualify as dating.  Dating requires actual effort.

That's not really what happened.   They didn't have sex because both of them pretended to be all about Jesus.   Ashley spent every single second with Zach and therefore didn't really engage or even try to get to know her other roommates.   They dated a wee bit after the show, but it turned into a shit show by the time a reunion came around.   

I imagine they aren't mentioning it because neither Zach nor Ashley want anything to do with one another.   There is zero drama there, so it's a moot point.   Zach doesn't care if she's tits up for Dario.   Ashley cares zero that Zach might change his douchebag ways for Jenna.   No cares.  No drama.   

• Love 2