Type keyword(s) to search

S06.E13: Ill-Boding Patterns

• Start Topic

5 hours ago, iMonrey said:

What episodes like this do is prove you can only go back to the same well so many times before you are completely re-writing your show's own history. It's pretty much the same with Regina, Snow and Charming - they've really exhausted any ability to tap into their pasts at this point. Why they insist on continuing to try is beyond me.

What's galling is that it's their choice to return to those same wells.  If they insisted on doing a Rumple flashback, they COULD have gone back to how Teenage Rumple got separated from the Kind Sister Spinners.  Or Young Adult Rumple and how he got involved with Young Milah.  We haven't seen those periods in his life yet.  But it's their utter lack of creativity in seeking a parallel with Gideon and their insistence on giving Belle a reason to give Rumple another chance which created this insulting retcon.

I know people keep saying if they got rid of flashbacks, things would be better (which isn't exactly true, given their track record).  But assuming flashbacks MUST go on, better writers would be able to explore new avenues instead of conking us on the head with the exact same themes over and over again, no matter how it contradicts with previous events.

But in A&E's minds, they succeeded with this one - because no one would have predicted their twist that it was Young Bae who forced Rumple to kill at at time when Rumple was willing to give up using his Dark One powers.  What a great twist no one saw coming, eh?

Edited by Camera One
  • Love 8

I just watched the episode and haven't read a single comment yet. I have 2 things to say:

1. I haven't been this disappointed in a television show since Pam Ewing woke up to find Bobby in the shower.
  2. Has anyone started a petition to have A&E fired yet? If so, I'll happily sign it.
  • Love 9

Well, it's the Rejuvenated Dastardly Robin.  Villainous makes everything better according to these Writers and they'd be right considering how a lot of people seemed to enjoy this version of Robin.  I'd rather have seen Emma having Cinderella, Snow, Mulan,  Aurora and Granny over to scrub the floors and clean the bathroom in the B plot.

• Love 3
6 hours ago, Noneofyourbusiness said:

Even if Gideon *is* powerful enough to get through the barrier and isn't limited to sending people to the Dark Realm, which they wouldn't enjoy, Zelena and Wish!Robin have no reason to think he wouldn't turn them into snakes, too.

I don't know - Not!Robin seems pretty dark.  He might like the Dark Realm...  Besides, who's to say they couldn't use the Dark Realm as a stepping stone to another realm?  Zelena is a witch - she might be able to get them out of there fairly easily.  

There's also no reason to think that Gidiot definitely would turn them into snakes.

A few additional random musings:

• Why did Rumple, the most powerful he's ever been, have to go wandering about in the woods looking for Gidiot? In the EF, he always knew where everyone was and poofed his way there like it was totally normal. Wouldn't it be even easier for him to do this now? Didn't even weak sauce Shady have this ability as well?
  • Wow. The dwarfs really fixed the tower clock (that Gidiot just destroyed) at break neck speed.
  • Is it me or is Alt!Robin's hair a few shades darker?
  • How in the WORLD did they convinced Sean McQuire to return with this crap as their plot?
  • Anyone else get the vibe that Emma will ask August to be her Best Man? Better that than ask Regina to be Maid of Honor (which is what they'll actually do). I just don't see them getting Elsa back for a cameo in that roll.
  • Which brings me to wondering who would be Hook's Best Man. Belle? Henry? David will be a little busy as Father of the Bride. Hey, maybe they'll resurrect Arthur for a quick scene.

• Love 4
6 minutes ago, Jul 68 said:

Which brings me to wondering who would be Hook's Best Man. Belle? Henry? David will be a little busy as Father of the Bride.

He does have a half-brother around somewhere. But probably Henry, depending on whether the week of the wedding is one of his weeks to hate Hook or one of his weeks to be totally okay with him.

• Love 5
8 minutes ago, Jul 68 said:
  • Why did Rumple, the most powerful he's ever been, have to go wandering about in the woods looking for Gidiot? In the EF, he always knew where everyone was and poofed his way there like it was totally normal. Wouldn't it be even easier for him to do this now? Didn't even weak sauce Shady have this ability as well?

Because Gidiot has special powers that rivals Rumple's.  Especially in Tea Tasting.

Wow. The dwarfs really fixed the tower clock (that Gidiot just destroyed) at break neck speed.

Good point... I totally forgot about that.  So did the Writers.

Is it me or is Alt!Robin's hair a few shades darker?

He has more darkness inside of him.

How in the WORLD did they convinced Sean McQuire to return with this crap as their plot?

I wish he said no.

Anyone else get the vibe that Emma will ask August to be her Best Man? Better that than ask Regina to be Maid of Honor (which is what they'll actually do). I just don't see them getting Elsa back for a cameo in that roll.

It will be Regina and August sharing the honors because they're the most important people in her life.

Which brings me to wondering who would be Hook's Best Man. Belle? Henry? David will be a little busy as Father of the Bride. Hey, maybe they'll resurrect Arthur for a quick scene.

Rumple is probably the best person to be his Best Man.  

Edited by Camera One
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, Shanna Marie said:

He does have a half-brother around somewhere. But probably Henry, depending on whether the week of the wedding is one of his weeks to hate Hook or one of his weeks to be totally okay with him.

2.0 would be nice. But I have a feeling it will be Henry after several episodes featuring Henry hating Hook, followed by a moving reconciliation, and him agreeing to be Best Man. Maybe Zeus will make a special appearance and stand up fpr Hook. heh

• Love 1
4 minutes ago, Rumsy4 said:

2.0 would be nice. But I have a feeling it will be Henry after several episodes featuring Henry hating Hook, followed by a moving reconciliation, and him agreeing to be Best Man. Maybe Zeus will make a special appearance and stand up fpr Hook. heh

I want to see Ariel stand up for Hook, except she's treading water in an inflatable kiddie pool.

• Love 3

Mayor Mills of S1, gleefully manipulating all around her would never wear that hat..they should just start showing Regina looking more and more bedraggled and wearing dumb things until they find out that the EQ was the one with the fashion sense(Emma. "Uh Regina, mom jeans???")

Ha, no kidding! As soon as I saw that hat, I was like WTF, Regina?

The relationship-building on this show sucks if we can't even think of a legit bridal party that could stand up for Hook and Emma's wedding.

Snow will be the matron of honor, of course. Maybe they will bring back Ruby to be a bridesmaid. I am imagining Emma saying, "Regina, I know we've had our differences, like when you wanted to kill me. And when you wanted to kill my parents. But bygones! We're family now! Will you be my bridesmaid?"

• Love 2
7 minutes ago, ElectricBoogaloo said:

Ha, no kidding! As soon as I saw that hat, I was like WTF, Regina?

Snow will be the matron of honor, of course. Maybe they will bring back Ruby to be a bridesmaid. I am imagining Emma saying, "Regina, I know we've had our differences, like when you wanted to kill me. And when you wanted to kill my parents. But bygones! We're family now! Will you be my bridesmaid?"

Please.  Regina will be Matron (or Maid) of Honor. Snow can't be because she's already Mother of the Bride.

• Love 1

half way through the episode. 
I'm so mad. 
Okay - now I've finished the episode and I am really mad. 

First of all: Poor Hook. He's going to get smacked with Charming Self-righteousness (even though he should speak up - but i can understand why he won't, because getting CSR'ed really sucks)

Second: hahahaa. Robin. i think a lot of people were like this is a long Con, so i'm glad that really got revealed sooner or later. but crap. Queenie is back. 

But my major issue with the entire episode and this arc: So basically this new re-con - involving a different Young NealFire (because puberty hit the first one), basically showed us what we always knew. but then Rumple magiked him and he became a different self-righteous monster. seems about right. (also. while the struggle between power/being "sane" was always real with Rumpy - he wouldn't have been that mewling and all "please don't make me." like this. i didn't like how that was presented)

Speaking of: talk about a wasted opportunity. This show (should it survive this season)could have done an entire. season. based on the mythos of Beuwolf, Grendle, etc. (including Valkeries and Odin and the like). but you just shoved it into a needless FairyBack? TS, TW.

Insert. "Really, Belle." look here. "it's okay that you did something super stupid for our son, because you were stupid and had your dagger on you, and protected our son from doing something particular stupid himself. because it's all for the right reasons." Belle. is the stupidest person on this show and that says so. much.. Again. Why doesn't anyone just ask Gideon why not ask Emma to help him with the Dark Fairy? Also. how exactly is the light magic in Emma going to go into Gideon without turning Dark Like. come. ON. Hell. Why isn't anyone asking why Gideon has ALL this magic power. If we're gonna handwave it as Belle + Dark One = Magic Baby. Why is this magic dark? Who trained him to be able to poof, and to do -hand-wave-ese? Regina (also magic-born) - struggled with this. Zelena who was a lot stronger without training, needed to have it honed in with accuracy. 

but poor tortured soul Gideon can just do whatever he can? 
And why didn't the memory potion tea work? is he immune? why is he immune? Doesn't it stand to reason that this is a huge bunch of C.R.A.P and that Gideon is actually working with the Back Fairy? 

22 hours ago, Jul 68 said:

A few additional random musings:

• How in the WORLD did they convinced Sean McQuire to return with this crap as their plot?

Money is a powerful motivator my friend. also. Gidiot. i love it 

Edited by Daisy
  • Love 1

It just occurred to me that Archie is the perfect person to help Hook through the issue of learning he killed his friend's father, given that Archie, back in his Jiminy days, inadvertently caused Gepetto's parents to be turned into puppets, and that's the reason he became a cricket -- and yet he was still able to be friends with Gepetto. Archie should know exactly what Hook's going through and how he feels. I wonder if the writers remember this.

• Love 8
3 minutes ago, Shanna Marie said:

It just occurred to me that Archie is the perfect person to help Hook through the issue of learning he killed his friend's father, given that Archie, back in his Jiminy days, inadvertently caused Gepetto's parents to be turned into puppets, and that's the reason he became a cricket -- and yet he was still able to be friends with Gepetto. Archie should know exactly what Hook's going through and how he feels. I wonder if the writers remember this.

giphy.gif

they didn't even remember that George didn't know that James had a twin. 

Though i love  the connection you brought up. (Archie being friends with Marco, Jiminey killing (accidently) Gepetto's parents/Emma + Hook/Hook killing David's dad) - it could totally work. 

• Love 4
14 hours ago, RulerofallIsurvey said:

I don't know - Not!Robin seems pretty dark.  He might like the Dark Realm...  Besides, who's to say they couldn't use the Dark Realm as a stepping stone to another realm?  Zelena is a witch - she might be able to get them out of there fairly easily.  

There's also no reason to think that Gidiot definitely would turn them into snakes.

Assuming the Black Fairy wouldn't immediately capture them.

No, but why risk it. Zelena, especially, wouldn't want to mess with someone who did that to her sister. Her idea was to get *away* from a place where she has enemies and powerful beings.

15 hours ago, Camera One said:

they COULD have gone back to how Teenage Rumple got separated from the Kind Sister Spinners.

They probably died of natural causes and/or illness. But the writers could put a sad story in there.

7 minutes ago, Daisy said:

they didn't even remember that George didn't know that James had a twin.

He was speaking retrospectively in the jail cell. He didn't learn James had a twin during the flashbacks.

2 hours ago, Shanna Marie said:

I'm pretty sure Regina is the expert on killing someone's loved ones then becoming best friends with them. No one bat an eye at the fact she killed her boyfriend's wife, but somehow Hook killing Emma's grandfather she never met is cause for drama.

• Love 4
5 minutes ago, KingOfHearts said:

I'm pretty sure Regina is the expert on killing someone's loved ones then becoming best friends with them. No one bat an eye at the fact she killed her boyfriend's wife, but somehow Hook killing Emma's grandfather she never met is cause for drama.

Archie, at least, felt bad enough about what he did that he got himself turned into a cricket so he could look after Gepetto. I think that's the commonality, that Hook feels really bad about having killed someone, and Archie understands about feeling bad about being responsible for the death of someone who mattered to someone he cared about, so he could help Hook deal with what he's going through. Regina doesn't seem to have felt an ounce of guilt, so she wouldn't get what Hook's problem was. Her counsel would be along the lines of, "Yeah, so? You were a different person then, and it was a long time ago, so it doesn't count now, and he would have died anyway, so it's not like you changed anything. Besides, you probably did David a favor by helping him be strong."

• Love 6
3 hours ago, Noneofyourbusiness said:

Assuming the Black Fairy wouldn't immediately capture them.

you're assuming she would?  

3 hours ago, Noneofyourbusiness said:

No, but why risk it. Zelena, especially, wouldn't want to mess with someone who did that to her sister. Her idea was to get *away* from a place where she has enemies and powerful beings.

Zelena has never shied away from taking on powerful beings in the past to get what she wants.  I think her idea was more to get away from her hypocrite sister Regina who blamed her for Robin's death and wouldn't give her a second chance rather than get away from any 'enemies', especially since any 'enemies' pretty much leave her alone in deference to Regina.  She didn't want to live as the outcast anymore.    

Wow. The dwarfs really fixed the tower clock (that Gidiot just destroyed) at break neck speed.

The funny thing about the clock is that when characters are standing in front of it inside the tower, there's some enormous clockwork mechanism in the foreground, seemingly in the middle of the tower. However, it doesn't seem to be attached to the clock itself in any visible way. It's like there's just this huge gizmo running nothing and the clock face runs on batteries. 

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Shanna Marie said:

Regina doesn't seem to have felt an ounce of guilt, so she wouldn't get what Hook's problem was. Her counsel would be along the lines of, "Yeah, so? You were a different person then, and it was a long time ago, so it doesn't count now, and he would have died anyway, so it's not like you changed anything. Besides, you probably did David a favor by helping him be strong."

Good point... maybe we should have gotten Hook going to Regina for advice.  He could help her with the Robin dilemma too, and they could build up their BFF-ness.

• Love 3

I just thought of something. A&E love soap suds (soap opera drama) so much, what do want to bet that the next time we see Snowflake, he'll have magically changed to the appropriate age to be the ring bearer?

Hey, maybe when super powerful Rumple gives Shady back her magic, he'll accidentally over do it and de-age her enough to be the flower girl. Wouldn't August love that!

Regina will perform the ceremony and Zelina will catch the bouquet.

• Love 2

I was out of town over the weekend. so I just watched this ep last night. I so really didn't care about most of what was happening (which I said aloud more than once), and what little I did care about was undercut by the idea of Emma seemingly going thru Hook's stuff, which I thought was a bit OOC for her. Mostly, I flashed back to the scene where she let Hook in on the contents of her memory box. My friend (who has low-vision) asked at one point if we'd even seen Emma yet. I said Hook had talked about her. He then said something about Emma leaving the show, and I told him not to joke about it. It sux that we can't see Hook and Emma both being happy together for more than 30 seconds at a stretch.

• Love 1
On 3/21/2017 at 7:40 PM, Jul 68 said:

Has anyone started a petition to have A&E fired yet? If so, I'll happily sign it.

They're called the Nielsen Families and the petition is well underway.

I was lucky in that I knew this was going to be a stupid episode from the moment I saw the trebuchets.  Everything about that battle plan was stupid, from firing rocks (flaming or not) at moving targets, to fighting at night, to "Charge"ing a mile and a half to the enemy, to the archers firing into the  middle of the infantry.  No wonder the Ogres killed all the soldiers.

And it went downhill from there.

(BTW, Grendel isn't even the main monster in Beowolf -- his mom is.

• Love 4

the archers firing into the  middle of the infantry

I laughed so hard when I saw that. I was expecting a bunch of soldiers to go down through friendly fire. Did they even have someone directing the soldiers or was it a free for all? Isn't the only way to kill ogres to shoot them through the eye? Those archers aiming at nothing were really their only chance.  Why the hell were all those soldiers just running madly up to the ogres with swords which they all know has zero effect? The whole extended battle scene was ridiculously bad.

• Love 3

Since the scene was so long, it made the nonsensical battle formations stand out.  I suppose it was all meant to show how little regard Beowulf had for human life as long as he could prove himself the hero.  Compared to Rumple who finally earned thanks and appreciation from the village folk by killing those evil adult Ogres (this group didn't use their young as spies).  Rumple really could have become the true My Handsome Hero, if not for Gaston, uh, I mean Beowulf riling up the villagers against him.

• Love 2

So, Giddeon was afraid to face the Dark Fairy (i.e., fight her), but is not afraid to fight the Saviour? And being the Saviour, he says, would help him defeat the Dark Fairy? Well, by that logic, you are afraid to fight a weaker opponent, but not afraid to fight a more powerful one? What kind of f'ed up logic is this? And, so, in order to become the Saviour you need to kill him? What is this, rip-off of the Quickening from the Highlander?

Also, why do they always seem so anal on retconning their own "lore"? And I say the word lore very loosely in terms of this series. What's the reason behind this absurdity? So, now, the viewers are to believe that Rumpelstiltskin was initially good and Baelfire corrupted him? What the hell? Why don't they just simply erase (alter) the time-line while they're at it, that would be more believable.

Edited by Rushmoras
  • Love 5

I know Rumbelle fans were happy to see how good of father Rumple was.

But, for me I didn't recognize this new DO he was just too soft. 

There was no conflict between darkness impulse at all but a lot of time we saw it was harder to resist the darkness at first. 

There was no previous DO in his head either to influence him if they didn't wanna to show any bloodlust from Rumple. He was smiling and giggling just missed the dancing!! 

DS show more selfishness and temper if that was the first  I saw the DO  I will thoughts it was more like a genis type of character than the big bad of the serie. 

If Rumple can so easily resist the darkness at first why after he change to the point of killing his mute servant for nothing. 

It's just cheaper the DO curse for me! Totally contradict my understanding of how the DO curse work, it's complexity, it's impact...

• Love 2
19 hours ago, RulerofallIsurvey said:

you're assuming she would?  

Zelena has never shied away from taking on powerful beings in the past to get what she wants.  I think her idea was more to get away from her hypocrite sister Regina who blamed her for Robin's death and wouldn't give her a second chance rather than get away from any 'enemies', especially since any 'enemies' pretty much leave her alone in deference to Regina.  She didn't want to live as the outcast anymore.    

No, but we don't know anything about the Dark Realm and neither do they.

She implicitly also wanted to get away from Gold, who wanted her dead very recently, and is Gideon's father.

• Love 1
7 hours ago, Camera One said:

Since the scene was so long, it made the nonsensical battle formations stand out.  I suppose it was all meant to show how little regard Beowulf had for human life as long as he could prove himself the hero. 

But it wasn't clear that he had devised the battle plan.

I think A&E saw one of the pumpkin-hurling contests and thought "Man, trebuchets are cool! If we add fire, that would be awesomer!!!!" But even catapults wouldn't be much use.  I might have a rank of onagers flinging spears, with much of the the rest of the army using crossbows, behind a palisade.
But I've thought about this a lot more than A&E.

• Love 4

Thinking more about the proposal ... it seems pretty contrived and out of character on both ends. For one thing, if you find something that looks like an engagement ring in your boyfriend's stuff, who actually gets it out and talks about it to him? That's rather tacky, isn't it? For one thing, you're making a pretty big assumption about what the ring is and who it's for. I guess Emma's never watched television and seen the sitcoms in which it turns out that he's holding the ring for a friend so that his friend's girlfriend won't find it. She's kind of safe with Hook, since he doesn't have friends who are likely to be proposing soon, but even so, the other reason you don't go all "hey, I found the ring, yay, yes!" is that if he has a ring and hasn't proposed, it's probably for a reason. He might be planning something big that you've just totally undermined. He may still be thinking, and now you've put him on the spot. If you want to send the "when you ask, I'll say yes" message, you can work that casually into conversation without waving the ring around. Really, the only reason you'd do things the way she did would be if you knew he would plan something huge and public, like on the Jumbotron at a game, and you'd rather have something private and intimate, so forcing the issue at home would prevent the big scene. That's not an issue with Hook, who probably doesn't know what a Jumbotron is (unless the writers forget that he's not from this world and doesn't have the fake memory download).

I suspect Hook would have planned something big and romantic (but still probably private) if he hadn't had this cloud hanging over him and if Emma hadn't put him on the spot. It ended up being an uncomfortable moment instead of a romantic one because she not only dropped her walls, she barged past appropriate boundaries (which seems very out of character for her) and because the script dictated that he not come clean even though it would have been more in character for him to confess at that moment.

• Love 7
1 hour ago, jhlipton said:

But it wasn't clear that he had devised the battle plan.

I think A&E saw one of the pumpkin-hurling contests and thought "Man, trebuchets are cool! If we add fire, that would be awesomer!!!!" But even catapults wouldn't be much use.  I might have a rank of onagers flinging spears, with much of the the rest of the army using crossbows, behind a palisade.
But I've thought about this a lot more than A&E.

A&E have never played Age of Empires.

• Love 2

Even if Beowulf's sword was amazing, did he plan on running to each Ogre, one by one, and stabbing them in the foot?  Wouldn't the villagers be angry at HIM for wantonly sacrificing their family members?  

Aurora and Prince Philip must be pretty amazing to have defeated the Ogres when everyone arrived at the start of the Missing Year.  Or did Zelena defeat them?

5 hours ago, Noneofyourbusiness said:

No, but we don't know anything about the Dark Realm and neither do they.

Exactly.  So why not take the chance if they wanted to get out of town badly enough?  Neither Robin nor Zelena are exactly averse to risk - Robin already recently hopped through a portal not knowing what was on the other side.  As much as you've speculated could be bad; it might not be.  Because we don't know and neither do they.  

18 hours ago, Camera One said:

Even if Beowulf's sword was amazing, did he plan on running to each Ogre, one by one, and stabbing them in the foot?  Wouldn't the villagers be angry at HIM for wantonly sacrificing their family members?

That's what I wondered too. If that was his best strategy, then he really was a villain for trying to paint Rumple as the zero, especially when Rumple got rid of the Ogres in a far more effective way than anyone else would have.

Not bad but not too exciting either.

Beowulf started off well but seemed sacrificed for the Rumple/Baalefire scenes.

Good scenes with Rumple/Belle/Gideon though. Maybe the show will realise Gideon just doesn't work as a baddie.

Hook came close to confessing to Emma and the writers didn't go with it, eh. Some decent Regina/Zelena scenes this week too.

Evil Queen and Robin at the end, this should be moderately interesting, 7/10

18 hours ago, RulerofallIsurvey said:

Exactly.  So why not take the chance if they wanted to get out of town badly enough?  Neither Robin nor Zelena are exactly averse to risk - Robin already recently hopped through a portal not knowing what was on the other side.  As much as you've speculated could be bad; it might not be.  Because we don't know and neither do they.  

Since they didn't, they're obviously not desperate enough.

We could also ask why Zelena doesn't risk attempting to steal the Apprentice's wand back from Gold's shop, a tried-and-true method she's used before to cross realms.

Edited by Noneofyourbusiness
  • Love 1
On 3/19/2017 at 9:09 PM, Katherine said:

That proposal should have been payoff for longtime Captain Swan fans. It should've been a great moment. Instead it was shoved into a 30 second scene of a boring episode and completely ruined by an unnecessary storyline about Hook lying to Emma yet again.

I agree.  I don't understand television writers these days because on many shows, they just don't seem to understand the characters and what fans want to see.  How could they NOT know that the proposal is a big deal, five years in the making?  So rather than making it romantic and devoting most of the hour to it, they instead create a ridiculous storyline regarding Hook killing Emma's grandfather and then cram the actual proposal into the last five minutes with Hook looking happy but also depressed.  Yeah, that's what the CS fans were hoping to get.  (insert massive amounts of sarcasm.)  So stupid!  I am also VERY tired of Regina and the Evil Queen and Gold and Rumplestilskin.  It's the SAME stuff over and over and over again..  Robin was actually interesting but he couldn't save this episode either.

• Love 4

The irony of Emma being all giddy and "I found the ring, propose to me!" without noticing that Hook was clearly upset, not the happy kind of drunk, had pain clearly showing in his eyes, and all kinds of uncomfortable body language was that this came one episode after her "superpower" was brought up again and she figured out that something was wrong while he was smiling and kissing her.

• Love 6

It made Emma look bad for the sake of plot. No one can be that clueless. 

I watched the clip of the last scene with Zelena and Regina "reconciling" again, and WishRobin!/EQ scene. The Wish!Robin/EQ scene made me want to throw up just a little. Sorry guys--not shipping that. First we get Crypt Sex, then Wish!Robin gets turned on by cobra bites. No thanks. Seriously, as someone else said--we lost Hyde Queen for this?!!

• Love 3
1 minute ago, Shanna Marie said:

The irony of Emma being all giddy and "I found the ring, propose to me!" without noticing that Hook was clearly upset, not the happy kind of drunk, had pain clearly showing in his eyes, and all kinds of uncomfortable body language was that this came one episode after her "superpower" was brought up again and she figured out that something was wrong while he was smiling and kissing her.

It goes to show how these writers don't interact with each other properly when they're writing scripts. The previous episode also had Emma egging Hook on to eat popcorn with melted milk duds, but this episode she brought up the whole rum/water bit again. There's a lack of communication going on in the writers' room.

• Love 2
5 minutes ago, Curio said:

It goes to show how these writers don't interact with each other properly when they're writing scripts. The previous episode also had Emma egging Hook on to eat popcorn with melted milk duds, but this episode she brought up the whole rum/water bit again. There's a lack of communication going on in the writers' room.

I think Jane said the melted milk duds thing is a personal snack of hers.  I don't think she considered the whole run/water gag from Old Man Hook a few episodes back.  Yet this episode's Writers did.

10 minutes ago, Camera One said:

I think Jane said the melted milk duds thing is a personal snack of hers.  I don't think she considered the whole run/water gag from Old Man Hook a few episodes back.  Yet this episode's Writers did.

I was thinking more about how it shows an inconsistency with Emma about Hook's diet. One week she thinks he needs to quit drinking and lose weight, the next week she wants him to eat popcorn and melted milk duds with her, the next week she's back to telling him to lay off the rum.

• Love 1
Just now, Curio said:

I was thinking more about how it shows an inconsistency with Emma about Hook's diet. One week she thinks he needs to quit drinking and lose weight, the next week she wants him to eat popcorn and melted milk duds with her, the next week she's back to telling him to lay off the rum.

I definitely agree.  I was trying to give an explanation for how the milk duds got thrown in.

• Love 1