Type keyword(s) to search

S03.E19: Monkey See, Monkey Poo

To stop a dangerous virus from spreading, Team Scorpion must locate a rare endangered monkey in the Amazon that has the antibody for the cure. Also, Toby and Happy see a counselor to prepare for matrimony.

Was that the same monkey Ross befriended on Friends lo these many seasons ago?

Maybe because I hadn't seen the show in a few weeks, I found it funnier.

The romance plots fell pretty flat.

At least Ralph got a decent hair style out of the deal.

• Love 2

This was probably not what they were going for, but they lost me a little when they had the dude get sick. They start off trying to stop a global pandemic, which should've had its own urgency enough. Then they make guy standing right next to them sick and the dialogue becomes about how he is going to die. I know the formula here often has them rescuing one person, but I thought it was especially stupid here. I mean, I get that in general, it is common for humans to not care as much as they could until it personally impacts them, but for these people in this situation, it just struck the wrong chord. They agreed to know understanding the massive impact. That they suddenly made it sound all about one dude, when there's a much bigger issue at hand just felt wrong and weird. Especially when they were going to wrap it all up with an empathy subplot.

I was shocked that they didn't send the monkey up the tree to get the fruit - I was expecting it 100%

Just like with the hardhats a few episodes ago, I laughed at the hat delicately balanced on Paige's head.

Aw, poor Cabe and his broken heart.  At least he's still a bad ass.

• Love 2
On 3/13/2017 at 7:56 PM, Willowsmom said:

And that  was dragon fruit, available at many markets  in California.

I saw that too and just shook my head...but I guess it is "exotic" looking enough that mainstream audiences might have bought it as some random rare amazonian fruit.  Of course the weird thing is it looked nothing like the picture they showed on the computer when Sylvester was researching things.

I noticed it too but I thought they were sort of vaguely trying to hold it in such a way as to kinda sorta maybe obscure the visual? That's how it read to me. I mean, I think they did a poor job, but if the script called for Cabe to cut it in frame, they apparently went with real fruit proxy instead of prop fruit and some action happening offscreen which could then cut to them chewing.