Type keyword(s) to search

S06.E11: Where the Wild Things Were

On 3/18/2017 at 3:48 PM, iMonrey said:

My first impulse is to assume that Nick and Eve are in pre-historic Germany

Mine too, although there are other possibilities.

On 3/18/2017 at 4:52 PM, ottilie said:

I don't understand the symbol. it made more sense that the grimms wrote warnings in different languages to explain what the stick is, but it seems like the round symbol is etched in the rocks in the other world - so that suggests that either the stick has the same theme as something in the other world, or it is directly related. Is it the symbol of the shaphat? the stick is a weapon against satan?

The writing on the cloth was not to explain what the stick is (beyond its healing powers, we still don't know exactly what it is).  When Rosalee and Eve were researching the symbols, Rosalee said it was a calendar, based on the position of certain stars.  But she got confused because when she plotted the information in her computer, the date it gave her was in the past, way in the past.

Note that when Nick and Juliette realized the symbols were imprinted in the rock through which they came, they looked up at the sky and saw the same position of the stars in the sky.

23 hours ago, neuromom said:

Also, didn't Monroe mention 1204 AD as being about the time frame when the Crusaders buried the stick? And now we have the Black Forest , that appears to be of a "medieval" era...perhaps the 13th century? So, maybe the stick can't cross through..because it's already THERE? 

I don't think it's 1204 AD yet, I think it's earlier than that.  But I do think the stick is already there and you may be right that this is the reason why it can't cross over.

--------------------

Maybe Nick and Juliette could cross over because they were healed by the stick, and thus could go through the mirror portal.  They both died once, too, so this could play a role in their ability to travel across the space-time continuum (they had already done it once, even if they have no memory of it).

It's possible they traveled back in time to a point when wessen and humans were living together, but not interbreeding. Perhaps just as the dogs and wolves they come from a common ancestor.  Eventually, the Crusaders will show up and hide the stick there.

Another possibility is that Nick and Juliette traveled to another dimension where wessen are wessen and humans are humans.  Juliette is an anomaly, and that's why her wessen forms are popping out.

Whatever the case, I think the portal only opens when the constellations in our time-space position align with those in the other dimension (or time-space), and that's what the prophecy is all about: something is coming through the portals when the stars align, but that particular configuration only happens every few hundred years.  The Crusaders knew about it, perhaps they even got the stick from that place and discovered its abilities.  If it is another dimension, it would explain the origin of the wessen in our world.  They came through the portal when it opened and eventually mixed with humans and that's how we got the current wessen population.

Skeletor is just a very, very bad wessen, one that hasn't come over before. The number of children might not be literal, it might just mean his descendants.  He just wants his kind of wessen to reproduce in our side, like others have.

23 minutes ago, SweetTooth said:

All of the menfolk trying to protect poor, fragile, weak Adalind is making me so ragey, I can't see straight. Seriously, that woman was a force to be reckoned with, and now they're all, "Punkin, you don't wanna break a nail going through that evil, nasty mirror, now do you?" Formerly fierce Adalind: "Well, garsh no. That sounds totally icky and dangerous! I'll let you men protect me while I go tuck my daughter in."

I didn't see it that way, as Rosalee was also telling her not to go.  The reason they gave her was her children, and the fact that she had to look after them, not that she couldn't handle herself.

• Love 3
12 minutes ago, SweetTooth said:

Except that Nick also has a baby, and nobody said boo to him. 

I might be remembering wrong but I thought they made the children argument only after Nick already went. It read to me in the moment not as she couldn't handle herself and not that Nick's parental responsibilities didn't matter but rather if she went, then both Kelly's parents are gone and that's a shitty/too risky thing to do; plus Diana's hella scary and they don't trust Renard with her or in general.

• Love 4
6 hours ago, SweetTooth said:

That might be right. I can't remember, either.

I guess that I'm upset they've completely de-clawed Adalind and made her a nanny, while they've tried to make Juliette the old Adalind, only she isn't nearly up to the task. 

Her bad-ass is so lukewarm, it's non-existent.

She's gossamer trying to pretend to be Kevlar. 

Nope. Adalind tried to go first and was sidelined because she has 2 children. Nick volunteered in her stead, and nobody said boo. Maybe one kid isn't important enough?

• Love 2
10 hours ago, WearyTraveler said:

The writing on the cloth was not to explain what the stick is

that's what the prophecy is all about: something is coming through the portals when the stars align, but that particular configuration only happens every few hundred years.

I know the writers have forgotten this, but didn't they translate only a portion of the actual writing (as opposed to symbols) -- I only vaguely remember it was something good, but something bad.  They never bothered to get the rest translated, did they?

Sing with me: "This is the dawning of the age of a Skeletor..."

• Love 4
16 hours ago, SweetTooth said:

All of the menfolk trying to protect poor, fragile, weak Adalind is making me so ragey, I can't see straight. Seriously, that woman was a force to be reckoned with, and now they're all, "Punkin, you don't wanna break a nail going through that evil, nasty mirror, now do you?" Formerly fierce Adalind: "Well, garsh no. That sounds totally icky and dangerous! I'll let you men protect me while I go tuck my daughter in."

Thanks for the laugh.  The writers really trashed her character, which should have been an ancillary one to begin with, imo.  I found it laughable that in this episode she schlepped the kids from the fortress to Monroe and Rosalee's to the spice shop? and back, putting Diana to sleep in different beds and apparently Kelly stays in his carrier most of the time. 

• Love 1
3 hours ago, ShadowFacts said:

Thanks for the laugh.  The writers really trashed her character, which should have been an ancillary one to begin with, imo.  I found it laughable that in this episode she schlepped the kids from the fortress to Monroe and Rosalee's to the spice shop? and back, putting Diana to sleep in different beds and apparently Kelly stays in his carrier most of the time. 

This is why both kids should not exist, IMO.  There was a way to pull in Adalind storywise after Diana died, because she went back to being a scheming hexenbiest lawyer and Juliette was just a vet or dead.  I vote dead Juliette!

I liked this episode. One thing I appreciated was that in season six someone finally pronounced Wesen correctly. Too bad it was a guest star who only had a couple of lines. I hope the actor, being a native speaker, told them all they had been saying it wrong the whole time. I've always wondered whether it was a choice or just ignorance to mispronounce a word so central to the whole show.

• Love 1
On ‎03‎/‎18‎/‎2017 at 6:56 PM, jhlipton said:
On ‎03‎/‎18‎/‎2017 at 10:18 AM, theatremouse said:

in the other universe that particular configuration of stone stuff is common, even though there's only one over here,

Not quite.  The people who built Sronehenge also built Woodhenge (nothing left but the posts now) and there are "menhir"s wherever the Celts lived (from Wales to France).  I was travelling through Wales many years ago and saw a couple standing in a field (with no markers

There are several standing circles in Britain, some even bigger than Stonehenge.  Avebury, for one.

• Love 2

Ever since Nick used the stick on Eve and she said she felt different, I have been terrified that they were going to bring Juliette back before this was all over.

I brought this up last week but I'm confused by what they're doing with Eve/Juliette. She didn't seem to be able to woge anymore after she was "healed" by the stick and last week one character pointed out Nick referred to her as "Juliette" rather than "Eve." So it did in fact seem like she was transitioning back into Juliette. But then she started to woge again and stated emphaticially she would never be Juliette again. Have the writers changed their minds? Do they even have a clear idea where any of this is going? 

• Love 4
2 hours ago, iMonrey said:

I brought this up last week but I'm confused by what they're doing with Eve/Juliette. She didn't seem to be able to woge anymore after she was "healed" by the stick and last week one character pointed out Nick referred to her as "Juliette" rather than "Eve." So it did in fact seem like she was transitioning back into Juliette. But then she started to woge again and stated emphaticially she would never be Juliette again. Have the writers changed their minds? Do they even have a clear idea where any of this is going? 

LMAO.  I had forgotten all about Nick's comment regarding Juliette when she was in the hospital.  I suspect the writers just blew it off and decided to not reunite Nick/Juliette and let the character continue with her hexenbiest Eve crap. 

• Love 1
1 hour ago, iMonrey said:

This is apparently the writers' idea of "interesting ambiguity" but they're getting it wrong AFAIC. By which I mean, I think that they think that they're being intriguing rather than inconsistent. I also bet they never resolve it.

• Love 2
On 3/18/2017 at 0:59 PM, Quickbeam said:

Enjoyed the well enough. Am always intrigued about actors speaking other languages...do they do it well or is it coached. The Russian sure sounded good but what do I know. I also wonder why no one ever asks Diana follow up questions until now. 

Sasha Roiz's Russian is serviceable, but obviously non-native and awkward. The actress who plays Renard's friend is a fluent native speaker.

On 3/19/2017 at 2:31 PM, SweetTooth said:

But Nick has the stick. And the stick likes Nick. The stick is important to Nick, and Nick is important to the stick.

Try and keep up.,

Also: be wary of very scary Larry! (for the five other people who have seen Threesome)

I wish they could somehow create a Monroe/Rosalee spinoff, but I don't know what the principle focus of the story would be.  I don't think they're going to stay in Portland at the end of the series.  Maybe move to Germantown, PA, or Germantown, IN or Germantown, TN, or Germantown, MD...you get my drift.  LOL!  

I'm ready for Grimm to be over!  I loved the first three seasons.  Even zombie Nick was cool for a while.  It's been downhill ever since they made Juliette a hexie. They wasted an entire season when Julie couldn't remember who Nick was and she and the cap had this "lets-get-it-on" sexual healing feeling.  I was so frustrated that season I wanted to kick my own TV!

The writers never should have given Nick a permanent love interest.  She would always be his soft spot just like Aunt Marie said.

• Love 3
3 hours ago, Evagirl said:

I wish they could somehow create a Monroe/Rosalee spinoff, but I don't know what the principle focus of the story would be.  I don't think they're going to stay in Portland at the end of the series.  Maybe move to Germantown, PA, or Germantown, IN or Germantown, TN, or Germantown, MD...you get my drift.  LOL!  

I'm ready for Grimm to be over!  I loved the first three seasons.  Even zombie Nick was cool for a while.  It's been downhill ever since they made Juliette a hexie. They wasted an entire season when Julie couldn't remember who Nick was and she and the cap had this "lets-get-it-on" sexual healing feeling.  I was so frustrated that season I wanted to kick my own TV!

The writers never should have given Nick a permanent love interest.  She would always be his soft spot just like Aunt Marie said.

This.  It's okay for the Captain or Hank to have an occasional love interest and they should have done the same thing for Nick.  Juliette could have bowed out of her relationship with Nick after her coma and left town.

• Love 1

I'm wondering, what happened to the three bullets that Nick used when he shot the T-3000 lookalike?  It didn't seem to deflect off of it, but rather, like he was shooting air.

Oh, and if Eve takes one for the team, I'll be a happy camper.

• Love 2

I was listening to "Fiddler on the Roof" yesterday. The last song, Anatevka, is sung by the villagers as they pack up to leave. They're singing, "What do we leave? Nothing much. Only Anatevka," and in between the singing, they list some of the things they're leaving behind, usually four things before they resume singing. The last one only has two things mentioned: "A stick of wood, a piece of cloth..."

The villagers of Anatevka had the keys? They knew what was buried?

• Love 2
2 hours ago, Isle Of Why said:

I'll miss the shirtless men.

Yes, I will miss old sexy pants Renard!

On a serious note, I will miss all of the great and funny posts about Grimm and all of the possibilities that the writers missed to take this show to at least the ten year mark!

• Love 2

So basically, the doomsday prophecy is that T-3000 is going knock up Diana a hundred times.  That's the big threat to humanity they come up with?

Yep, they definitely needed Spinal Tap in that Stonehenge scene.  They could have wandered through it past Skullface yelling, "Hello Cleveland!".

Edited by Dobian
On 3/18/2017 at 11:04 AM, tennisgurl said:

Now I just want a web series about magical Wessen Spice Shops from around the world, and the wacky adventures its proprietors get up to. I mean, if Portland has this many Wessen based issues, I cant imagine what the worlds major metropolises have going on.

On 3/21/2017 at 5:32 PM, Evagirl said:

Exactly what I was thinking. Rosalee's spice shop reminds me of Buffy's Magic Shop. I am quite sure they could keep the budget reasonably low, just toss in spectacular Wesen from time to time. Besides the marvellous eye candy, the relationship between Monroe and Rosalee is the highlight of Grimm for me. It would provide a natural jumping off point for a sequel. Love Portland though, so I'd love to see it continue there.