Type keyword(s) to search

S06.E11: Where the Wild Things Were

Eve goes on a mission to take on the mysterious force she saw in the mirror and finds herself in unfamiliar territory. When the gang discovers what she has done, Nick finds a way to join her. Meanwhile, an uneasy alliance is established when Capt. Renard is brought in to help and discovers this all may be connected to the person he cares for the most, Diana.

I don't know what I think of "the other place" being so primitive.  However, I think I'm just going to enjoy the ride to the end.  All the men were looking fine!  

I'm probably the lone weirdo, but I like Diana this season.  I love how she's just so matter of fact about things.  "That's not from that world". "That's special".  I kept wondering why no one was asking her follow up questions, but Renard finally did.  I also love how they all just glower at Renard.

• Love 8
3 minutes ago, aquarian1 said:

I'm probably the lone weirdo, but I like Diana this season.

That's funny.  Hubby said, "I don't like that little girl." Is Eve going to sacrifice herself?  That sure sounded like a goodbye speech.

• Love 2

I liked this episode but, I was more interested in the gang back in the real world, then Nick/Eve adventures in the Black Forest.

I like Diana, the actress is OK for a kid, mostly I just figure she's supposed to be disconnected from our reality because she sees and knows other wordly things. 

I did find it out how quickly Renard was welcomed back into the file but, I watch Supernatural and those boys team up with their enemies all the time ?

I'm glad this episode was devoted to resolving mytharc questions before the series finale.

I don't care about Juliette/Eve at all, I'm still pissed they didn't keep her dead. However, I do think she's going to sacrifice herself in the finale.

• Love 5

I liked this episode too. I don't know why Skeletor chose Eve to come through the mirror when he really wants Diana, but that last conversation between Eve and Nick sounded like goodbye. I think Eve might sacrifice herself to Skeletor.

Since this is the end I like that they brought Renard back into the gang. 

• Love 8

I had this crazy idea while watching that since everyone was dressed medieval style and speaking German that this other world was where people who had been brought back to life by the stick ended up going when they died for good -- these are the people and Wesen healed by the stick before the Grimms realized that there were drawbacks to the stick and they hid it away. The hexenbiest blood to get there may have been a red herring, and the reason Nick and Eve were able to go through was because they'd both been healed from a mortal wound by the stick.

• Love 11
4 hours ago, Morrigan2575 said:

I did find it out how quickly Renard was welcomed back into the file but, I watch Supernatural and those boys team up with their enemies all the time ?

Too true but Renard is not as charming as Crowley unfortunately :)

• Love 3

Renard should have never been on the outside in the first place after he and Nick hugged it out in s2!  Bad writing, IMO.  I could see Adalind not fitting in with the Scoobies after the shit that she has done to everyone, except Monroe and Rosalie.

We're down to the final two episodes and that make me so sad and mad and sad!

• Love 4

A weird looking Stonehenge of sorts.

Thought it odd that Julieve had snow when she arrived and Nick just had fog. Why is she turning in to a full Hexenbiest?

The grilled/rotisseried Blutbad was intriguing. If it was say around the 10-12th century, the diet of that place would have been what was walking around. The forest area looked winter-like and not much edible vegetation visible. The language would have been Saxon and moved to lower German.

I did like bringing Renard in -he's part of this mess and should be around to fix it. Nice to see some teamwork, even at this late date. His Russian friend seemed to know a lot. She could probably help run the Spice Shop, or its Moscow equivalent.

Do wonder what the stick has to do with it. Not hugely buying the whole devil/child bride thing.

• Love 4
2 hours ago, Straycat80 said:

I liked this episode too. I don't know why Skeletor chose Eve to come through the mirror when he really wants Diana, but that last conversation between Eve and Nick sounded like goodbye. I think Eve might sacrifice herself to Skeletor.

Ha, I called him Skeletor, too!

44 minutes ago, DeeDee79 said:

Too true but Renard is not as charming as Crowley unfortunately :)

I beg to disagree! Plus, I wouldn't want to see Crowley shirtless! ;-)

• Love 4
9 hours ago, Frozendiva said:

Thought it odd that Julieve had snow when she arrived and Nick just had fog. Why is she turning in to a full Hexenbiest?

To the former, because I think the writers couldn't resist being even more Narnia about it than they already were.

To the latter, I think they're implying that in that universe there is no woge, everyone's just always "on" so she entered in her humanish state but the longer she's there the more automatic it's going to be, instead of some interdimensional insta-woge.

What I don't get is if they are going to Schrodinger's cat route with this, why did the mirror transport them to a different part of the other universe? It seemed to dump them in mirror-Germany. Why not geographically the same spot just on the other side? I'm assuming the pseudo stone henge is the shows way of suggesting that the one on this side served a repeatable purpose such that in the other universe that particular configuration of stone stuff is common, even though there's only one over here, and that's why they have one at the edge of the black forest.

I can't decide whether I'm amused or annoyed that we're a few episodes away from the finale and everyone is still referring to it as "the stick."

Nick and Eve's conversation was a hair away from Damon and Stefan arguing about who got to sacrifice himself in the series finale of TVD. As much as I dislike Eve, I'm glad she told Nick she doesn't blame him for what happened and it's fine. Nick blaming himself for all of this because Juliette met him was too much like Stefan and Damon blaming everything that happened on Katherine. If you want to be that way about it then guess who else's fault it is? Your great great great great great great great great great grandparents for fucking and causing you to eventually be born. The only thing that you are responsible for are your choices. Yes, Nick chose to date Juliette but he didn't choose to turn her into a hexenbeist so let it go, dude.

• Love 5
12 hours ago, Straycat80 said:

I'm not so convinced that Skeletor wants Diana. Or rather, I don't see why everyone on the show is so convinced. It was Eve whose presence was maybe felt in the other world during the Death Grip sequence, and it was Eve who Skeletor appears to in the mirror. She can see the symbols, mostly, and carved them in the tunnel. I would think that the logical conclusion is that Skeletor wants Eve. Yeah, I know, Diana is the super special child of prophecy, but on this show, who isn't? That description could apply to Eve, Diana, or even baby Kelly. Of course, the writers want it to be Diana, so as to bring Renard into the main plot. And I don't object to that, as I like Renard and SR is one of the stronger actors in the cast. I just wish they would tighten up the storytelling to get us there.

• Love 2
10 hours ago, Frozendiva said:

His Russian friend seemed to know a lot. She could probably help run the Spice Shop, or its Moscow equivalent.

Now I just want a web series about magical Wessen Spice Shops from around the world, and the wacky adventures its proprietors get up to. I mean, if Portland has this many Wessen based issues, I cant imagine what the worlds major metropolises have going on.

• Love 7

I don't get what's going on right now but I did kind of like this one. My first impulse is to assume that Nick and Eve are in pre-historic Germany but the natives seems to be speaking modern German unless I'm mistaken, so I don't know. Unfortunately, I'm not very confident the writers will be able to answer all the questions they've set up in just two more episodes. 

• Love 4
53 minutes ago, iMonrey said:

I don't get what's going on right now but I did kind of like this one. My first impulse is to assume that Nick and Eve are in pre-historic Germany but the natives seems to be speaking modern German unless I'm mistaken, so I don't know. Unfortunately, I'm not very confident the writers will be able to answer all the questions they've set up in just two more episodes. 

I'm with you. I did enjoy parts of this episode. Though anything with alternate universes just makes my mind hurt. And with Renard's friend talking about "heaven" and "hell" just being words used to describe where we go when we're not here,,,and that Skeletor could be a devil, or Satan , or whatever..I did kind of laugh when she said "I hope to GOD" im wrong. Although, for her, that might have just been a meaningless saying.

• Love 2

I really liked the set design - how would you make rocks like that. Juliette is still a vegetarian.   It seems like they had a good conception of a alternate world - in this show they couldn't disappear into a alien planet or unnatural setting, it had to be a forest. The writers had a hard time coming up with things for the characters to say and do in the alternate world. They could have been deliberately creating a culture or time clash when they had Nick and Juliette stumble over their 20 german words.

I don't understand the symbol. it made more sense that the grimms wrote warnings in different languages to explain what the stick is, but it seems like the round symbol is etched in the rocks in the other world - so that suggests that either the stick has the same theme as something in the other world, or it is directly related. Is it the symbol of the shaphat? the stick is a weapon against satan?

• Love 1

Enjoyed the well enough. Am always intrigued about actors speaking other languages...do they do it well or is it coached. The Russian sure sounded good but what do I know. I also wonder why no one ever asks Diana follow up questions until now. 

I actually did think this was a pretty good episode. We seem to be actually heading towards an endgame, which is certainly more than what we`ve been getting lately. I like the creepy Dark Forest, its like we are going to a darker past. I think this is supposed to be a mirror universe though. I don't really know though. If this is the mirror universe, WHERE are all the goatees?!?! Huh? And they seem to be speaking modern German, not the old kinds of Saxon languages or Germanic languages you would get in an ancient or even medieval Germany. But, I cant imagine this show going to the trouble of trying to find out how to speak an actual approximation of an old Germanic language. This isn't Vikings.

I did kind of laugh at Eve when Nick pulled out the picture of the Koshi look alike guy, and everyone was like "OMG!!!!" and Eve was like "It seems like they know what we`re talking about"! Like, yeah, thanks for that, Legolas. Got any other brilliant observations?

We really should have had open conversations with Diana a long time ago. We have a super powerful chosen one child, and no one bothers giving her some morality lessons, or seeing what she knows about all this creepy stuff going on? I do actually like Diana pretty well. She doesn't seem to really be evil, she's just a kid with tons of power and not much in the way of moral guidance.

Nick eating Blutbad was all kinds of gross. I get why he did it, but still, gross. "Hey guys, I would eat this Blutbad you've got grilled all nice and ready, but...one of my best friends is a Blutbad, I was actually in his wedding, so this is kind of weird to me. You understand?" probably wouldn't have gone over well.

• Love 6

I'm sure i missed something as to why this is wrong, but is it possible that the other place is the world where there were no Grimms? Yes, there are the symbols but given that the stick can't cross over perhaps when they went there they were simply killed.  And the Wessen didn't need to woge because they were never threatened.  Skeletor may want out but he can't be sure of victory without a hundred kids (unless that is just a backdoor way to ensure a spinoff...)

16 hours ago, Frozendiva said:

A weird looking Stonehenge of sorts.

Stonehenge + Narnia + looney Grimm plot = WTF?  I half expected the White Witch to speed by in her sleigh.

I liked Renard being back in the fold, so to speak, even though it makes no sense given what has gone on.  But at this point I'm just willing to go with it.

I kind of actually like the Skeletor plot BUT adding the Diana/child bride aspect was uncomfortable.  I could have done without that.  It would be better if he just wanted to kidnap her and raise her to be evil and steal her power or whatever.  Still not pleasant but doesn't introduce the "have 100 children with her" aspect - I cringed.

• Love 3

I'm still trying to figure out the math of being pregnant and bearing 100 children.

Also, didn't Monroe mention 1204 AD as being about the time frame when the Crusaders buried the stick? And now we have the Black Forest , that appears to be of a "medieval" era...perhaps the 13th century? So, maybe the stick can't cross through..because it's already THERE? 

I dunno...like I said , alternate universes confuse my brain. And in any case, I'm probably wrong, as I was wrong about Diana being a reincarnation of Frau Pech.

• Love 3

The "other" side of the mirror took me a bit by surprise. I wasn't expecting a mirror world where humans had not advanced much, and Wesen were everywhere. And where Zerstorer ruled. The Diana "child bride" plot wasn't to my liking, but I've found the entire Diana story to be a bit of a miss, ever since Kelly Burkhardt was killed (now, a hexenbiest baby brought up by a Grimm adoptive mom would have been super cool!) Interesting conversation between Eve and Nick about where they once were, and where they are now. Hoping for a similar conversation between Adalind and Nick. My favorite part of the show still remains the interactions between Nick, Monroe, Rosalee, Hank and Wu. Adalind, kids, Renard all seem very forced in, even after all this time. Also, where was the Russian knowledgable lady for the first five seasons?

4 hours ago, Quickbeam said:

Am always intrigued about actors speaking other languages...do they do it well or is it coached.

Sasha Roiz speaks Russian. He is of Russian Jewish descent. 

• Love 1

Sasha Roiz speaks Russian. He is of Russian Jewish descent. 

And the actress is Ukrainian - she was born there and didn't emigrate to the US until she was 6.

Ever since Nick used the stick on Eve and she said she felt different, I have been terrified that they were going to bring Juliette back before this was all over. I am actually one of the few people that didn't have a problem with Juliette but the point of no return for me was when she helped the Royals kill Nick's mom; that was a line too far and I had no desire to see her back.  So, I really appreciated the conversation between the 2 of them where the writers definitely closed that door.  No Juliette, thank goodness!

Edited by Mrs. Stanwyck
  • Love 12
33 minutes ago, Blue Plastic said:

I kind of actually like the Skeletor plot BUT adding the Diana/child bride aspect was uncomfortable.  I could have done without that.  It would be better if he just wanted to kidnap her and raise her to be evil and steal her power or whatever.  Still not pleasant but doesn't introduce the "have 100 children with her" aspect - I cringed.

I was squicked out by that, too.  Even if she wasn't a child.  Adalind seemed pretty disturbed by it, but Renard didn't seem disturbed enough.

• Love 4

When they got to the Stonehenge looking place, I swear I almost heard "In ancient times, hundreds of years before the dawn of history lived a strange race of people, the Druids...followed by a little person dancing around.

• Love 6
21 hours ago, Babalooie said:

Is Eve going to sacrifice herself? 

We can only hope.

8 hours ago, theatremouse said:

in the other universe that particular configuration of stone stuff is common, even though there's only one over here,

Not quite.  The people who built Sronehenge also built Woodhenge (nothing left but the posts now) and there are "menhir"s wherever the Celts lived (from Wales to France).  I was travelling through Wales many years ago and saw a couple standing in a field (with no markers).

6 hours ago, neuromom said:

I did kind of laugh when she said "I hope to GOD" im wrong. Although, for her, that might have just been a meaningless saying.

I'm an agnostic/atheist, and many times it's just easier to say things like that, or "God willing" than to fumble for an alternative.

2 minutes ago, icemiser69 said:

I was so hoping that the writers never went there with the storyline.  I don't know how they could possibly think that was a good idea.

To quote from the OUAT forum, TSTW (This Show, These Writers). I mean, what's a child-bride or two, especially if one is a rape-baby?

• Love 5
On 3/17/2017 at 8:39 PM, Morrigan2575 said:

I don't care about Juliette/Eve at all, I'm still pissed they didn't keep her dead. However, I do think she's going to sacrifice herself in the finale.

I'm of the belief that one of the other purposes of these final episodes is to demonstrate that Bitsie can act. They've had Eve become progressively more like Juliette with every episode. I think it's to silence those of us who felt that Juliette was wooden because of Bitsie and not because they wrote terrible material for the character.

• Love 3
16 minutes ago, HunterHunted said:

I'm of the belief that one of the other purposes of these final episodes is to demonstrate that Bitsie can act. They've had Eve become progressively more like Juliette with every episode. I think it's to silence those of us who felt that Juliette was wooden because of Bitsie and not because they wrote terrible material for the character.

Bitsie is wooden because she can't act. Nothing in the last few episodes changes that, IMO

Edited by Morrigan2575
  • Love 9

I finally found what bugs me about the young actress playing Diana.  Of course I find her not very good but what irritates me the most is the way she walks...   She walks like a  Little Miss Pageant girl!  Barf!

• Love 1

Didn't find the episode that entertaining but found the land they were in very interesting. I wonder if these Wesens are 'pure bloods' before human mixing? They've never really discussed why Wesen are in human form most of their daily life, could be just to fit in I guess.

I think Red Skull's brother will purge Eve of her hexenbiest side and allow her to live a human life as Eve. That will be her happy ending.

• Love 1
15 hours ago, Happycatisfine said:

The obvious solution is: kill Diana.  I expected someone to at least hint at that.  Plus, she's just damn dangerous to have around in any world.

I was thinking the same thing. I'd even do it knowing full well Renard would kill me. Saying that, I wouldn't be surprised if Diana couldn't be killed considering how powerful she is.

• Love 3
18 hours ago, tpel said:

I just wish they would tighten up the storytelling to get us there.

That ship sailed long ago.

It's irksome because now and then they do something great and I start to think they can write, they just don't bother most of the time.

I've noticed they've been giving us flashes of things I used to love about the show, like the lush scenery, and more morally complex wesen-human conflicts (like last week with the wesen dementia). It's like memories flashing before me as the show dies.

• Love 5

I was so hoping that the writers never went there with the storyline.  I don't know how they could possibly think that was a good idea.

Hahahahahaha. As if they've ever done anything past S1 that was a good idea. Bwaaahahahaha.  Thanks for the laugh! (Laughing even harder thinking about the Juliette Amnesia events.)

• Love 2

For a show that started out about a guy who happened to be a cop who discovered he has these weird powers and has to learn how to reconcile the parts of his life to do a good job in both, I am more than disappointed that the final episodes are about Juliette's redemption arc and saving the kid of Adalind and Renard.   

• Love 12
5 hours ago, merylinkid said:

For a show that started out about a guy who happened to be a cop who discovered he has these weird powers and has to learn how to reconcile the parts of his life to do a good job in both, I am more than disappointed that the final episodes are about Juliette's redemption arc and saving the kid of Adalind and Renard.   

Once NBC gave the writers 13 episodes to wrap up the series, the writers should have focused primarily on how wesen, humans, Grimms and Royal's came to be and I say this as someone that loves WoW stories.  I don't give AF about Diana, rape baby Kelly or EveJuliette .  I enjoy Nick, Hank, Wu, Monroe, Rosalie, Renard and scheming Adalind.  Once Diana died at birth, Adalind should have been the lawyer handling the wesen cases against the Scoobies and the Captain.  There was no need for anymore rapes after what happened with Hank in s1!  

Nick finding the "stick" and dieing should have been the catalyst for EVERYONE to work together to stop the green eyed wesen and others from his world entering ours through mirrors around the world.  Heck.  The green eyed wesen and his people could set out to destroy the humans and "wesens" from our universe, because their not "pure" like in their world and that forms an alliance between humans, wesens, Grimms and Royal's.

• Love 1

They are so going to find a way to have Nick confess he ate Blutbad to Monroe, right?!

Late for this episode, but I guess I didn't miss too much since it was basically a set-up for the final episodes.  Eve went into the Black Forest, Nick used that damn stick to go in after her, and the Black Forest is a place where apparently all Wesen stay in their Woge form, and all the humans are German and live in ancient times.  Nick and Eve find skeleton guy, who is, of course, way more powerful then they expected.

Meanwhile, back in Portland, Renard is finally brought into the fold and they find out something even more horrible: that skeleton guy is actually some version of the devil, and he actually wants Diana, so he can make him his child bride, which was disturbing on so many levels.  I wonder how they are going to prevent that, and if anyone is going to end up dying because of it.

Nick and Eve have a heart to heart, which I'm not sure is planting the seeds of them rekindling the flame or Eve having to sacrifice herself.

Decent episode, but I did find it noticeable that Nick almost seems to be just riding shotgun now, and the endgame is mainly about Juliette, Adalind, and Diana. 

• Love 1
3 hours ago, thuganomics85 said:

They are so going to find a way to have Nick confess he ate Blutbad to Monroe, right?!

Late for this episode, but I guess I didn't miss too much since it was basically a set-up for the final episodes.  Eve went into the Black Forest, Nick used that damn stick to go in after her, and the Black Forest is a place where apparently all Wesen stay in their Woge form, and all the humans are German and live in ancient times.  Nick and Eve find skeleton guy, who is, of course, way more powerful then they expected.

Meanwhile, back in Portland, Renard is finally brought into the fold and they find out something even more horrible: that skeleton guy is actually some version of the devil, and he actually wants Diana, so he can make him his child bride, which was disturbing on so many levels.  I wonder how they are going to prevent that, and if anyone is going to end up dying because of it.

Nick and Eve have a heart to heart, which I'm not sure is planting the seeds of them rekindling the flame or Eve having to sacrifice herself.

Decent episode, but I did find it noticeable that Nick almost seems to be just riding shotgun now, and the endgame is mainly about Juliette, Adalind, and Diana. 

You're just now noticing that the lead character of the show is just background noise?!  The show IS called Grimm and not hexenbiests and their stupid drama.  

1 hour ago, thuganomics85 said:

Meanwhile, back in Portland, Renard is finally brought into the fold and they find out something even more horrible: that skeleton guy is actually some version of the devil, and he actually wants Diana, so he can make him his child bride, which was disturbing on so many levels.  

They assume that Skeletor wants Diana so he can make her his child bride.  Takes out a few levels of disturbing.

I love the stick!  I love that they call it "the stick."   I love that the stick loves Nick!  I suspect that Diana will be the only one who can take the stick through the mirror to fix Nick once he and Skeletor rumble.

Meanwhile, where is Trouble?  Surely we need her to ride to the rescue at some point.  How many more episodes are there?

• Love 2
On 3/18/2017 at 4:46 PM, tennisgurl said:

When they got to the Stonehenge looking place, I swear I almost heard "In ancient times, hundreds of years before the dawn of history lived a strange race of people, the Druids...followed by a little person dancing around.

And Claire going through the stones! (/Outlander). But yes, I was humming "and the children dance to the pipes of Pan" to myself. 

• Love 2
3 hours ago, SweetTooth said:

But Nick has the stick. And the stick likes Nick. The stick is important to Nick, and Nick is important to the stick.

Try and keep up.,

You mean the "stick" that Nick was obsessed with and has not given a shit about it for almost six episodes?!

Maybe the stick will be the only thing that survives. Maybe we will find that EVERYTHING after S3 was just some bad juju that the stick created..and at the very end, the stick will wipe the slate clean, and we can go back to , say, season 1....

I bet Diana is the only one who can vanquish Skelator.

im pretty sure I saw a preview somewhere with Truble in the final episodes. And I think I also saw an Instagram somewhere of J.Toboni with the cast at the end of filming . 

3 hours ago, SweetTooth said:

How dare you malign the stick. He is OBSESSED with it, except when he's totally not and goes about his life until it's time for him to be OBSESSED again.

The stick will rule you, too. The stick is all! Praise the stick. 

LOL.  The "stick" and Nick will ride off into the sunset with baby Kelly riding shotgun!