Type keyword(s) to search

The Real Housewives Of Toronto - General Discussion

• Start Topic

On 2017-04-20 at 0:28 AM, bagatelle said:

When the women walk to the limos, I always check the background to see if I recognize the street.

I noticed Joan's new pied-à-terre is on a rather basic street and her gorgeous modern place is by far the nicest on the block. I gather it's right downtown somewhere, but I can't figure out which area.  Any guesses?  I'm curious, with all their money, what neighbourhood they picked to build a home.

Joan's main home is in King City which I think is one of the most expensive areas in Toronto/GTA.

With the way Toronto real estate is going, those who are property owners in Toronto tend to do external and internal renovations to their home instead of selling their home in favour of a newer home. Of course every home owner does it on their own time and budget so it take a while for an entire street to transform. It's actually amazing to go through some of the streets and see the handful of original homes on the block - you would never think that you could take such a small home and turn it into some of the massive homes that you see right next to it. I think the new home is closer to the city or maybe in the city.

20 hours ago, RHJunkie said:

Joan's main home is in King City which I think is one of the most expensive areas in Toronto/GTA.

With the way Toronto real estate is going, those who are property owners in Toronto tend to do external and internal renovations to their home instead of selling their home in favour of a newer home. Of course every home owner does it on their own time and budget so it take a while for an entire street to transform. It's actually amazing to go through some of the streets and see the handful of original homes on the block - you would never think that you could take such a small home and turn it into some of the massive homes that you see right next to it. I think the new home is closer to the city or maybe in the city.

No, King City is far away from Toronto, past the farthest burbs.

I'm well aware of Toronto prices, having had homes in central Toronto for decades and being stuck, because whatever I sell for will not cover where I want to go and I'm too old for a big mortgage.

With all their money, I was curious what area of the city they wanted to live in. That's why I called it pied-à-terre.  The finished house isn't that small, just tiny in comparison to the King City home. And it's not on the fanciest street. 

3 hours ago, bagatelle said:

No, King City is far away from Toronto, past the farthest burbs.

I'm well aware of Toronto prices, having had homes in central Toronto for decades and being stuck, because whatever I sell for will not cover where I want to go and I'm too old for a big mortgage.

With all their money, I was curious what area of the city they wanted to live in. That's why I called it pied-à-terre.  The finished house isn't that small, just tiny in comparison to the King City home. And it's not on the fanciest street. 

It's about 45 minutes away...I thought King City was considered part of the GTA. In any case, I did read that King City is one the most expensive areas in proximity to Toronto and the suburbs. Didn't really investigate the area too much. 

For some reason, I thought Joan mentioned the smaller house as a flip...or maybe I just assumed that because she already has a massive home. Maybe they spend a lot in the city for various reasons and wanted somewhere closer to stay when it gets late. Though when you're rich and likely have someone driving you and to and from big events I can't see the huge hassle but far be it from me to try and get into the minds of the filthy rich, lol. 

• Love 1
22 hours ago, RHJunkie said:

It's about 45 minutes away...I thought King City was considered part of the GTA. In any case, I did read that King City is one the most expensive areas in proximity to Toronto and the suburbs. Didn't really investigate the area too much. 

Maybe 45 minutes with no traffic, but when is there no traffic. The city is very congested.

I wonder if you're thinking about Oakville, which is by the lake and very pretty, very expensive and also not part of Toronto.

I like Roxy, but I wonder if she is trying too hard... like brushing her hair in the middle of a procedure.

On 4/27/2017 at 10:25 AM, whydoievencare said:

Kara's and Graham's kisses look so uninspired - press lips together, hold for ten seconds.  Does she live her life according to a script?  Kara seems phoney even when with her husband or her boys - she's really a conundrum.  I don't see anything that's redeeming about her.  Not one thing.  I do have to laugh - the camera always seems to be looking for her sour facial expression - you know, the disapproving purse of her lips - and always films them.

I do think Kara is trying to act her way through her scene with her family. She can't be as delusional as she appears. She pissed off Joan & Ann & Jana who would have bought tables for her charity.

15 minutes ago, bagatelle said:

Maybe 45 minutes with no traffic, but when is there no traffic. The city is very congested.

I wonder if you're thinking about Oakville, which is by the lake and very pretty, very expensive and also not part of Toronto.

I like Roxy, but I wonder if she is trying too hard... like brushing her hair in the middle of a procedure.

I live in Oakville & there is no way that Joann's  house is located in Oakville. I think the house is in Caledon, Orangeville area.

2 hours ago, oakville said:

I live in Oakville & there is no way that Joann's  house is located in Oakville. I think the house is in Caledon, Orangeville area.

Joan says she lives in King City. A poster said it was outside Aurora, but the address is King City.

I was trying to explain to another poster that King City is not part of Toronto and is quite far from it.  She suggested that King City is one the most expensive areas in proximity to Toronto and I thought she might be thinking of Oakville, which is considered to be very expensive and I guess you could say in proximity to Toronto.

It seems that Joan has two places well outside the city -- King City and cottage country -- so it makes sense she has a place in Toronto and I was trying to figure out which area in the city she chose to build.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, bagatelle said:

Joan says she lives in King City. A poster said it was outside Aurora, but the address is King City.

I was trying to explain to another poster that King City is not part of Toronto and is quite far from it.  She suggested that King City is one the most expensive areas in proximity to Toronto and I thought she might be thinking of Oakville, which is considered to be very expensive and I guess you could say in proximity to Toronto.

It seems that Joan has two places well outside the city -- King City and cottage country -- so it makes sense she has a place in Toronto and I was trying to figure out which area in the city she chose to build.

Agreed. I didn't see the post about King City. It's a lovely area. I wonder if they will mention that Joan's current husband is an executive at Magna & that he was formerly married to Belinda Stronach. Belinda is the daughter of the founder of Magna Intl. Don must be very valuable to the company to not get fired after divorcing the founder's daughter.

• Love 1
4 hours ago, oakville said:

I do think Kara is trying to act her way through her scene with her family. She can't be as delusional as she appears. She pissed off Joan & Ann & Jana who would have bought tables for her charity.

Joan's house is on the outskirts of King City closer to the town of Aurora than it is King City itself.  Yes she is the second wife of the Magna CEO and they are both lovely people!  

• Love 1

This 2008 article answers a few questions.  King City is north of Toronto, Google maps has it somewhere north of Vaughan.  The Walkers have had the condo since 2006 and renovated it around 2008 - so it seems like very old news to present on the show.    https://www.thestar.com/life/homes/decor/2008/11/01/the_wow_factor.html   Another article I found said that their cottage compound is on Lake Joseph.  http://www.muskokablog.com/wp-content/uploads/Muskoka-Canada’s-Vacation-Home-Haven-Gets-a-Modern-Makeover-WSJ-1.pdf

Edited by whydoievencare
  • Love 1
On 3/23/2017 at 2:58 PM, bagatelle said:

Oh, the blonde who lives in King City... she has the worst bunny lines. Her face is so frozen, those bunny lines appear even when she's not smiling.  I find it very distracting.

So happy to have found this series. Does Kara have a form of dwarfism? There's a proportion thing between her body and head going on, apart from the fact that she is skeletal. Is she modelling her family on the Flanders, because her 2 oldest boys, 17 and 20 were dressed like dorks. No other word. I've only seen the first episode, and I'm so glad to have found this branch of the franchise, because Sydney is just ridiculous. I'm ashamed. 

I know it's only episode one but I ADORE Roxy. It is just the best to see a non size negative woman owning her beauty and not 'taking the hint' given by all the designers to go die in a dark room if you can't fit into clothes your preschool age child can (looking at you, Bethenny Frankel). She's a bit over the top, but this is the RH. And she's young. I hope I don't end up hating her by the end of the 2nd episode, but regardless, I think this is the ONLY franchise EVER to have a woman who can't fit sample sizes. (apart from OC season 1 maybe).

Loving it so far, I adore learning about a city I've never been to and they're going to Barcelona?! Did I hear that correctly? Outstanding. 

• Love 1
(edited)
On 4/27/2017 at 5:34 PM, backhometome said:

Roxy is annoying too. No offense but why does she wear such tight dresses half the time. They dont flatter her at all.

I loved how the guy, she was in that meeting with, looked after Roxy said people dont normally wear the same clothes twice. His face was "you delusional fool".

Speaking as someone who carries extra weight and has been heavier, the choice to opt for something loose-fitting is often a bad one, it adds bulk, gaps or drapes in unfortunate ways and does more to conceal assets than hide problems. If anyone is heavy enough to have a stomach roll or heavy hips it's just as obvious under a caftan as a tank dress and anyone who is unsettled by looking at extra weight is still going to be bothered by it. I don't agree that the tight dresses don't flatter her at all.  Sometimes it comes down to a matter of what she is willing to expose in order to wear something that is otherwise a good choice.  Having said that, she'd do better if she had some of her clothes custom fitted by going up a size so the tailor has something to work with. Part of why Ann looks so fabulously dressed is she has her clothes altered. I guess the answer as to why Roxy (apparently) doesn't is in the second part of the quoted post, she claims that it is normal to only wear things once. *rolls eyes*

Edited by yuggapukka
  • Love 3
(edited)

I feel truly bad for Joan. The Kara that we see taking her to task about her behaviour at Kara's cottage dinner is the real Kara.  Ugly, judgemental, vindictive.  I have to wonder whether Kara has any friends at all - or just acquaintances in the charity world who can make her feel like she's a star, a go-getter by buying tickets/tables from her.  She's really just an anal retentive pitbull with no actual skills.  But she's right and everyone else is wrong.  

Edited by whydoievencare
Because I just can't say enough mean stuff about Kara
  • Love 7

I wish someone would a stick a pin in Kara's inflated head and just like a balloon, she'd just fly across the air and hopefully land in something as vile and dirty as her attitude and personality. 

She totally tried to flip the script so that she wouldn't have to take accountability for her behaviour all the while lecturing the others for not taking accountability for theirs. You'll never win with someone like that because there so far up their own ass and surround themselves with people who have the patience to let that bullshit slide and therefore, they likely don't deal with that side of her often. She's a nasty piece of work and I honestly do hope she gets a taste of humble pie by getting a rude awakening of public opinion now that the show is airing. She's wisely kept her stupid ass off social media it seems, but I do hope that her 'reputation' takes a hit. 

She's a damn liar that liars. Kara has implicated herself enough to substantiate the notion that she's a delusional, judgmental bat shit crazy bitch. 

1. She admits that she didn't see the women by the water and she didn't even know that the panties belonged to Joan but somehow she was confronting the women about all of the taking off their clothes. When she couldn't rebuttal the fact that she wasn't even there, she went back to the greatest offense being that they were even talking about. But she's not judgemental. Oh wait, but yes, she's judgmental when it comes to women talking about taking off their clothes.

2. She blames the women for not moving on but the only reason there is tension is because she's the one talking about them behind their backs. 

3. She claims that Joan denied taking off her panties. Is this bitch stupid and deaf? She admitted that Joan apologized. Joan acknowledged her behaviour and the panties (she did admitted it the moment you asked who the panties belonged to). What Joan refused to do was to continue to sit down in a public space while Kara berated her for something that she already acknowledged and apologized for. She wasn't going to be Kara's punching bag just because Kara didn't want to address the fact that she wasn't only talking shit about Joan behind her back but she was only cozying up to Joan so that she could get money from her. 

4. She says that she didn't talk about the incident with anyone who wasn't at her cottage that night...I must have missed seeing her eyelash woman at the event. And it seems strange that her eyelash person would say that Kara gave her the details about the night...clearly she was talking to people about it who wasn't at the event. 

I really hope that there is a reunion and that Kara gets roasted with fan questions that call out her behaviour and make her answer or her lies and hypocrisy. 

• Love 6

Next week is the finale?  That was fast.

Did they have the party for the husband at his place of business. How exiting for him. He allowed himself to be on camera to promote his place of work and he doesn't even own it, he's just staff.

• Love 1

Omg Kara needs to get off her high horse and stop being so jugmental of the other women. I really wanted Joan to just tell her off at the lunch they had. Kara was so rude to her. Joan was enjoying an evening with her friends. It wasn't like she stripped all her clothes off or something. 

• Love 3

What just happened ? This woman it totally batshit crazy ! Delusional is not even strong enough for her ! I -hopefully- NEVER met anyone like her in my whole life ! That was crazy !

• Love 2

I've just watched episode 4: Kara's poisonous dinner party followed by her 'revenge' water weenie ride...apart from her obvious physical issues, she's totally deranged. I thought Jana, Grego and Joan were so poised and gracious and fun the next day. The harder Kara tried the worse she looked.

We all had a Kara in primary school. The bossy little beeyatch that had to be in control of everything, had all the latest clothes and gadgets and made sure you knew, but ended up alone and crying at her own birthday party. Kara hasn't evolved since she was 11 years old, when she also stopped growing physically. so, every dinner party is all about the impression it makes on other people and how it reflects on Kara. Her face just melted more and more as the women ACTUALLY enjoyed the 'fine wines' her sommelier and she had selected with the food. By firework time, she was really ready to throw a fit and tell everyone the party is over,dammit.

It's so sad, because everyone DID enjoy the dinner party (in spite of Kara being a weird weenie) and the only one that didn't was Kara. Ditto the brunch the next day where she was carrying Joan's knickers in her handbag and hoping everyone was about to 'spew their cookies' when she deliberately bounced them around on her 'water weenie'. I'm betting that when the girls called the g rated 'banana' ride a 'water weenie' she was utterly horrified and that was the first time she'd heard it referred to like that. Poor Kara, the joke is always on her. She doesn't get it. She's a good Christian woman, why aren't these evil funsters being punished and why is Kara always the one on the outs with everyone?

She was really vicious to Roxy, though and I do love Roxy. The 'Dear Salvatore' cookbook gift was plain malicious. If all those books had a personal message and were flown over, there is no way this could have happened. If it did, it's an easy fix: It's Roxy's birthday, switch her gift with something special like a lunch together. Kara is a malevolent little gnome. I'm betting that in episode 5, she fakes broken ribs OR she tells us that she has a preexisting brittle bones condition. There is definitely something physically off with her.

• Love 6
On 4/28/2017 at 9:16 AM, bagatelle said:

I thought she said it was Celine.  It looked like Celine to me, which I didn't realize was still so in demand.  They're kind of heavy.

I don't mind the clothes Kara wears, because not many people can wear them. It's like she's in character. She's so into dutifully performing her HW role that she rattles off the designers names too.

Roxy also listed the designer names she intends to wear, although why Pink Tartan was included is beyond me. I always thought the brand was a write off for the more successful husband.

That is the thing. To me, Kara can't wear them either. To me she is a classic case of someone who doesn't wear the clothes, the clothes wear her. And yes, Roxy's name dropping is annoying too, but at least she doesn't take herself quite so seriously.

One person that I do love where clothes are concerned is Ann. She always seems to have fun with them, and doesn't take them - or herself - too seriously. 

I am surprised that Kara was so upset that Joan did not buy a ticket - or a table - to the Ambi gala. With all the fuss she had made over Joan's actions at her dinner party, would she not be worried about a repeat performance? 

I like Joan, but really did not like her townhouse. The decor did nothing for me (I laughed when Ann asked if there was no garage, with the motorcycle sitting in the house) and the furniture looked really uncomfortable. 

I really do like all of these ladies, except for Kara. Though they definitely need someone "like" this to bring the drama, I really can't see Kara returning next season, if there is one. I can't imagine how she comes back from this to film with any of the others. 

• Love 3
On 2017-5-2 at 9:19 PM, RHJunkie said:

I wish someone would a stick a pin in Kara's inflated head and just like a balloon, she'd just fly across the air and hopefully land in something as vile and dirty as her attitude and personality. 

She totally tried to flip the script so that she wouldn't have to take accountability for her behaviour all the while lecturing the others for not taking accountability for theirs. You'll never win with someone like that because there so far up their own ass and surround themselves with people who have the patience to let that bullshit slide and therefore, they likely don't deal with that side of her often. She's a nasty piece of work and I honestly do hope she gets a taste of humble pie by getting a rude awakening of public opinion now that the show is airing. She's wisely kept her stupid ass off social media it seems, but I do hope that her 'reputation' takes a hit. 

She's a damn liar that liars. Kara has implicated herself enough to substantiate the notion that she's a delusional, judgmental bat shit crazy bitch. 

1. She admits that she didn't see the women by the water and she didn't even know that the panties belonged to Joan but somehow she was confronting the women about all of the taking off their clothes. When she couldn't rebuttal the fact that she wasn't even there, she went back to the greatest offense being that they were even talking about. But she's not judgemental. Oh wait, but yes, she's judgmental when it comes to women talking about taking off their clothes.

2. She blames the women for not moving on but the only reason there is tension is because she's the one talking about them behind their backs. 

3. She claims that Joan denied taking off her panties. Is this bitch stupid and deaf? She admitted that Joan apologized. Joan acknowledged her behaviour and the panties (she did admitted it the moment you asked who the panties belonged to). What Joan refused to do was to continue to sit down in a public space while Kara berated her for something that she already acknowledged and apologized for. She wasn't going to be Kara's punching bag just because Kara didn't want to address the fact that she wasn't only talking shit about Joan behind her back but she was only cozying up to Joan so that she could get money from her. 

4. She says that she didn't talk about the incident with anyone who wasn't at her cottage that night...I must have missed seeing her eyelash woman at the event. And it seems strange that her eyelash person would say that Kara gave her the details about the night...clearly she was talking to people about it who wasn't at the event. 

I really hope that there is a reunion and that Kara gets roasted with fan questions that call out her behaviour and make her answer or her lies and hypocrisy. 

I loathe Kara, she sets women back. Her clothes, the way she is with her husband, horrible woman. Having said that, I'm not very keen on Roxy. She's a legend in her own mind .Anne is okay, I've met her, at the time her lips were two huge balloons, her husband is in it for the money. I've had two friends see him, and say he's terribly rough, and she wasn't all sweet and lightness either. That ridiculous gown she wore to the Ambi gala, gah! Awful. She's OTT. 

• Love 1
20 hours ago, UsernameFatigue said:

I am surprised that Kara was so upset that Joan did not buy a ticket - or a table - to the Ambi gala. With all the fuss she had made over Joan's actions at her dinner party, would she not be worried about a repeat performance? 

Kara was so upset because she really really wanted the kudos with the Ambi people for raising a crapload of money for their gala. I bet there were incentives attached to that also, like sell x amount, receive x free tickets/holiday to resort etc. She assumed that she could absolutely count on Joan and the others, due to their social standing and wealth, it would look mean of them NOT to attend and because of its exclusivity, they would be gagging to attend. If the event was as exclusive as Kara claimed and I was Joan and still really wanted to go, I'd approach the Ambi people directly and say 'listen, I've been asked to buy tickets to your event, but I'm just not comfortable purchasing them from the agent offering them, are there other agents/can i buy them direct'. That's what I'd do.

Jana's instincts are spot on. After the whole 'pop up shop' at my house by fashion designer Blah (can't remember his name), Kara was wearing ANOTHER local fashion designer to the gala! She'd kind of tied the 2 things together on the show for us and that hideous pink dress Anne was wearing (hopefully ironically, being Anne it is possible) I'm pretty sure was one of the Pop Up designer's dresses. And Kara deliberately set out to humiliate Roxy with that designer also. Just like she did with the flown in from Italy cookbooks on Roxy's birthday. The designer can't afford to have wealthy women write him off as part of some cow's reindeer games. I really felt for Roxy standing there awkwardly, knowing she couldn't possibly even try something on. Kara approaching her and urging her to try on 'the red dress' was just nasty. The designer was really sweet, spending time with her and trying to undo the damage Kara had done. Kara is a vicious little troll who can't help getting in her own way. 

So we have another pantygate over Kara being her usual buzzkill self. 'I enjoy wine!!!' 'my somellier and i chose all the wines to go with the courses' yet, once the women, especially Joan, start to enjoy the wine, Kara becomes angrier and angrier. Joan has given Kara every pass in the book and Kara keeps coming at her. If I was Joan before Grego's party, I would have just switched it up on Kara and got to the bottom of it: why do you hate other people enjoying themselves? When I'm among my close friends, we like to let our hair down etc. Kara's problem is she wants to brag and skite and control every aspect of an event, including her guests and friends' behavior. Then she gets hurt when she drives people away and becomes even more vicious. Malevolent little troll.

• Love 2
5 hours ago, queenjen said:

Kara was so upset because she really really wanted the kudos with the Ambi people for raising a crapload of money for their gala. I bet there were incentives attached to that also, like sell x amount, receive x free tickets/holiday to resort etc. She assumed that she could absolutely count on Joan and the others, due to their social standing and wealth, it would look mean of them NOT to attend and because of its exclusivity, they would be gagging to attend. If the event was as exclusive as Kara claimed and I was Joan and still really wanted to go, I'd approach the Ambi people directly and say 'listen, I've been asked to buy tickets to your event, but I'm just not comfortable purchasing them from the agent offering them, are there other agents/can i buy them direct'. That's what I'd do.

Jana's instincts are spot on. After the whole 'pop up shop' at my house by fashion designer Blah (can't remember his name), Kara was wearing ANOTHER local fashion designer to the gala! She'd kind of tied the 2 things together on the show for us and that hideous pink dress Anne was wearing (hopefully ironically, being Anne it is possible) I'm pretty sure was one of the Pop Up designer's dresses. And Kara deliberately set out to humiliate Roxy with that designer also. Just like she did with the flown in from Italy cookbooks on Roxy's birthday. The designer can't afford to have wealthy women write him off as part of some cow's reindeer games. I really felt for Roxy standing there awkwardly, knowing she couldn't possibly even try something on. Kara approaching her and urging her to try on 'the red dress' was just nasty. The designer was really sweet, spending time with her and trying to undo the damage Kara had done. Kara is a vicious little troll who can't help getting in her own way. 

My comment that I couldn't understand why Kara would want Joan at the Ambi gala in case she embarrassed her was tongue in cheek. Of course she wanted the glory of selling tables, and figured these women would support her no matter what. Dumb assumption. As Joan pointed out, Kara never even explained what the charity was, and why they were raising money. I don't think Joan had any interest in going. Whatsoever. As far as I know Joan and her hubby are very connected, and would not have needed Kara if they were interested in attending.

The funny thing is, Kara wasn't even trying to sell a table to the girls together, but expected each to buy a table which was 10 people at $2500 a pop. So she appeared to expect each HW to then round up  8-9 (depending on if they had a hubby attending) of their friends to spend $2500 each to make up a table. All because Kara is such a wonderful person that they would want to do that. Lol.  That is one thing I find about charities and who donates to what - just because it is important to you, doesn't mean it is important to everyone. Most people have their own causes/charities that they champion. 

Regarding the pop up shop, the week before that episode aired I posted that I thought Kara was lying that there would be clothes in Roxy's size, and that she wanted Roxy there to embarrass her. Mission accomplished. 

• Love 2
3 hours ago, UsernameFatigue said:

So she appeared to expect each HW to then round up  8-9 (depending on if they had a hubby attending) of their friends to spend $2500 each to make up a table. All because Kara is such a wonderful person that they would want to do that. Lol.  That is one thing I find about charities and who donates to what - just because it is important to you, doesn't mean it is important to everyone. Most people have their own causes/charities that they champion. 

Sorry, I didn't realise you were being snarky/tongue in cheek! Anyway, this is just more evidence of how absolutely deluded this woman is. It's almost like she was throwing down the gauntlet, and if her fellow housewives didn't/couldn't buy tickets/tables, she could always take comfort in telling herself they couldn't afford to and just aren't on her social level. I found it hinky also, especially when Aretha Franklin dropped out and the whole 'ambi gala raised money for local charities'. WHICH local charities? it always seemed very vague.

I know all these women are label whores, especially Roxy and Kara, but I am sick of being able to predict Kara's spiel everytime she gets to label drop 'he/she dresses ALL the divas: Rihanna, Katy Perry, Beyonce' blah blah blah. Didn't she say she snatched a dress/bag that was going to Beyonce? What a load of crap. And she may as well be wearing a polyester potato sack, because her spongebob torso and twig arms and horse face aren't improved by thousands of dollars of couture. 

I also get the feeling that Joan is the 'real money' society on this show. Money talks (Kara) Wealth whispers (Joan). And the fact that all 3 women offended Kara equally at her dinner party, but she developed a total hard on for Joan: Joan is the one that Kara is most envious of and feels threatened by. Lets not forget her attempt to humiliate Jana also at her pop up shop for the designer she never wore to the gala also. If I was that designer, i'd be blacklisting Kara now. Nasty shrivelled old troll she is. 

• Love 3
On 4/29/2017 at 0:13 PM, Foghorn Leghorn said:

Joan lives a few minutes away from me outside Aurora but her address is King City.  That is their main home.  Did they buy a condo downtown?  I missed the last couple of episodes as Slice is no longer free through my provider.  

I think that the condo is downtown. I am just north of Aurora in Newmarket. You can watch RH Toronto online on the Slice website. That is how I am watching. Hope you can catch up.

• Love 2
17 minutes ago, Happy Camper said:

I think that the condo is downtown. I am just north of Aurora in Newmarket. You can watch RH Toronto online on the Slice website. That is how I am watching. Hope you can catch up.

Hey neighbor!!  Thx, will check it out online then! 

• Love 1
2 minutes ago, Foghorn Leghorn said:

Hey neighbor!!  Thx, will check it out online then! 

I just went to the Slice website today and am watching on there. What a small world! I live in Newmarket and work in Richmond Hill! Can't believe that I found a neighbour here!

1 minute ago, Happy Camper said:

I just went to the Slice website today and am watching on there. What a small world! I live in Newmarket and work in Richmond Hill! Can't believe that I found a neighbour here!

I know!!  Do you workout at GoodLife by any chance?  I might know you from the gym!!  LOLOL

1 minute ago, Foghorn Leghorn said:

I know!!  Do you workout at GoodLife by any chance?  I might know you from the gym!!  LOLOL

My daughter works there. She teaches a step class. Her name is Nikki and she sees Joan come in there! She says that no one would ever guess that Joan was a celebrity.

1 minute ago, Foghorn Leghorn said:

I know her very well as I also teach there!  I teach Bodypump and if it is the same NIkki so does she!!  Joan was a regular in class and is a lovely lady!!

What a crazy small planet! She does teach  Bodypump! Wow! Please message me!

Really small planet, guys ! I was working for a software company and my team office was in Richmond Hill too ^_^ (I went there, but was working for EMEA and was located  -and still am- in Switzerland)

• Love 1
On 5/4/2017 at 5:40 PM, F. M. said:

Anne is okay, I've met her, at the time her lips were two huge balloons, her husband is in it for the money. I've had two friends see him, and say he's terribly rough, and she wasn't all sweet and lightness either. That ridiculous gown she wore to the Ambi gala, gah! Awful. She's OTT. 

I googled Anne before and she's had many different faces along the way.  It's jarring to see the changes. I don't mind what she wears though, she has to look interesting for the show and I think her face looks best as it is, in contrast to past faces.

I do find her such a pleasant person on the show.  Is she not in real life?

If you ask around, everyone in the business says no comment about the husband, in regards to work.

• Love 2
27 minutes ago, bagatelle said:

I googled Anne before and she's had many different faces along the way.  It's jarring to see the changes. I don't mind what she wears though, she has to look interesting for the show and I think her face looks best as it is, in contrast to past faces.

If you ask around, everyone in the business says no comment about the husband, in regards to work.

I like Ann. She is very diplomatic. I am intrigued by her husband's fat shrinking machine

• Love 1
On 2017-05-05 at 2:18 AM, UsernameFatigue said:

My comment that I couldn't understand why Kara would want Joan at the Ambi gala in case she embarrassed her was tongue in cheek. Of course she wanted the glory of selling tables, and figured these women would support her no matter what. Dumb assumption. As Joan pointed out, Kara never even explained what the charity was, and why they were raising money. I don't think Joan had any interest in going. Whatsoever. As far as I know Joan and her hubby are very connected, and would not have needed Kara if they were interested in attending.

The funny thing is, Kara wasn't even trying to sell a table to the girls together, but expected each to buy a table which was 10 people at $2500 a pop. So she appeared to expect each HW to then round up  8-9 (depending on if they had a hubby attending) of their friends to spend $2500 each to make up a table. All because Kara is such a wonderful person that they would want to do that. Lol.  That is one thing I find about charities and who donates to what - just because it is important to you, doesn't mean it is important to everyone. Most people have their own causes/charities that they champion. 

Regarding the pop up shop, the week before that episode aired I posted that I thought Kara was lying that there would be clothes in Roxy's size, and that she wanted Roxy there to embarrass her. Mission accomplished. 

This is what got me as well. Kara was driven by her competitiveness, not by her desire to raise what she could for the charity. It's in line with her snobby behaviour all season long but she would have seemed a bit more genuine in supporting the charity if she had offered the option and said, 'I know $25K is a lot but it's for a great cause and while I know that you all probably have your own preferred charities that you donate to regularly, I would totally love it if you even considered joining together to buy one table'. I don't think it would have made a difference considering it was mostly her bitchy attitude that made the women not want to go, but as it was pointed out, women like Joan and likely Roxy could find their own connections to buy a table and attend the event by some other means other than Kara if they really wanted to.

Ronnie from RH of Vancouver gave some behind the scenes examples of production manipulation where production would ask the women to do something that would likely cause tension and arguments among the group, but she has never suggested that production has ever directed what the women should say or how they should react. Any way I consider it, I can't think of any production influence that could explain Kara's behaviour and would make me think that she isn't the boring, snobby, pretentious, judgmental person that she comes across on TV.

• Love 1
20 hours ago, bagatelle said:

I think she's nice enough. As to her husband, I wouldn't go to him, there is something about the man.

• Love 1

Kara is a piece of work; she can re-frame any argument so that she comes out the winner (in her own head at least).  But it's not like Jana, Grego & Ann were great at making their points.  It was as if Kara's delusions discombobulated them so much they couldn't hold their train of thought.  And Joan's earlier confrontation with Kara seemed similar, though Joan wasn't as disconcerted and disconnected once she realized Kara's goals.

Grego & her husband were adorable at their White Party!  His dancing with the entertainment made me giggle.  And I loved seeing Grego's joy at him letting loose a bit.

• Love 1

While I do think Roxy has to get over Kara disinviting her to the cottage and pretending that she was unaware that it was Roxy's birthday (enough already FFS), I feel for her that Kara won't acknowledge her bad behaviour and stoutly maintains that she isn't lying.  Joan was the other person who was on the receiving end of Kara's wrath and ugly behaviour - she received an apology and I have to think it's because of her status.  Moneywise, I imagine that Joan is superior to Roxy and, in Kara's eyes, would be the one to make amends with.  The other women all had to suffer Kara but it really wasn't personal for them, ie. they weren't targeted by Kara, it was more collateral damage, and therefore it would be much easier to move past everything.  

• Love 2

Kara really is a pretentious idiot - who is now a proven liar on camera, lol. 

I've rolled my eyes so much at Kara this season that I'm thankful that my eyeballs didn't get stuck in that upward position. Knowing that the women haven't kept in touch with her at least suggests that they finally got the confirmation they needed that Kara is full of shit. Kara seems to have taken a lot of courses on how to be a spin doctor - but if you've got a decent bullshit detector, it's easy to notice her attempts at flipping the script so that she doesn't have to take accountability for her behaviour, instead, she's somehow the victim despite being the one that's been judgemental, pretentious and gossipig about the women - not to mention how much it says about her as a person that she wanted to make the women physically ill after they got tipsy at her dinner party. And the kicker to that sit down was that Kara says she's not judgmental and doesn't want to be judged. Wasn't it literally just at the white party in the last episode when she tried to deny being judgmental and when they listed examples, she finally admitted that she is judgmental of women who talk about going skinny dipping? If TALKING about something is so offensive that it draws your judgment of others, then you must be a pretty damn judgemental person because that was a petty thing to be judgmental about. 

It's too bad there's no reunion (or at least there doesn't appear to be). I wonder if it's because they don't think there will be another season and therefore don't want to waste money on production for what has been a disappointing season in ratings, or maybe they couldn't get all of the women to attend the reunion. Maybe Kara does have some sense to be embarrassed for her behaviour...just maybe. 

While throughout the season it seemed like Roxy just wouldn't let go of Kara's behaviour toward her, I think after that sit down, I get that Roxy was holding on to the larger issue that Kara had been malicious and deceitful and Roxy wanted Kara to be accountable for her behaviour. She didn't want a BS apology, Roxy wanted Kara to admit to her behaviour more than she wanted to hear the words to appease her - even if Kara could manage to pull it off believably. 

• Love 3

I couldn't be in the same room as Kara, her passive aggressive attitude would lead me to slap her.Her husband seems to be oblivious to her stupidity. Having said that, I don't like Roxy. I heard her say to Grego, stop talking, you're not listening, and she was nasty. She also carries grudges, it's all about her. She's more of a gossip imho, than any of them. I realise she's a big girl, but some of the clothes she wore , were atrocious.

Joan , and her fashion show was fabulous. She reeks class.I like her style, from her clothes to her hair.

I was sorry to read Jana had an accident and couldn't walk, good on Anne to fly her back to Toronto. Anne's dress at the wedding, no, sorry, just no.She reminded me of Miss Havisham , Steven looked like a munchkin. 

• Love 1
(edited)

Roxy has been mid pack for me in terms of my fav housewife. At the first of this show I rolled my eyes in her TH when she said that Joan had a seat for her in the front row of the fashion show. All of the ladies who attended (Grego, Ann and Roxy) sat together in the front row with Joan. 

However by the end of the show, Roxy had shot to the top as my favourite. And I was very disappointed that the other women at the luncheon gave Kara a pass. Though Jana did at least try to pin Kara down. I am so glad they  showed again the footage of the woman doing Roxy's lashes to prove that Kara had indeed passed on info to her about the ladies. It is too bad that Roxy did not appear to keep the text where Kara disinvited her from staying at her cottage, and said she was also not throwing her a birthday party. That would prove that Kara did indeed know when Roxy's birthday was. In any case I hope the women are hanging their heads after I assume they have seen the footage that we did, at being taken in once again by Kara. 

Kara looked horrendous in that green gown. She is way too bony to be wearing something strapless. I thought Roxy looked the best of the ladies at the vow renewal - and that includes Ann who I usually think has great taste. 

Edited to add - I laughed when Kara was talking about (once again) her dinner party, and the ladies talking about going skinny dipping. Then she made some comment about her husband being a lawyer. Was she going to have them arrested if they had gone skinny dipping? 

Edited by UsernameFatigue

I wonder if the girl who does lashes, still has the same clientele? I'd never trust her. 

Kara looked horrendous in that green gown. She is way too bony to be wearing something strapless. I thought Roxy looked the best of the ladies at the vow renewal - and that includes Ann who I usually think has great taste. 

I agree, horrible choice. Joan was my favourite of the night/season.

I think Ann is incredible. Especially how she helped Jana with her accident. Externals don't matter, she's beautiful inside. 

Jana/Grego were interchangeable for me. Neither had a personality and both swung with the breeze. Meh. 

Joan was another lovely personality. Mature and serene, hope that wasn't just Botox.  Seriously, if it wasn't for the panty thing, she would be perfect. Who does that at a dinner party when you don't know the host that well?

Roxy was an arrogant, vain, troublemaker.  Swollen with self importance, I had no respect for her. She was the root of every gossipy story, what a horrendous individual. 

Kara was an insecure, pretentious, judgmental toothpick.  She did speak out of turn but I would have been so grossed out if I had found someone's panties after I threw a very, elegant, thoughtful dinner party. The ladies never gave her a fair shake. She is an odd duck and they let her feel like an outsider from the start. I don't like Kara's personality but I do like that she stuck up for herself and played the villian well.  

If there is a Season 2, we need more interesting housewives.  

• Love 1

Oyvey, if Anne is a representation of her husband's work, I'd run for the hills.

I don't really care for any of these women, but Joan was very nice.

I would be shocked if this got a second season. It was BAD.

(edited)

Mixed feelings about the lack of return, I enjoyed it a bit more than the Vancouver  iteration, but I find all the Real Housewives shows get a bit too ugly after the first season, even with cast turnover defusing the feuds. I wonder whether the problem was Corus feeling they didn't get the results they'd hoped for, or the housewives themselves being disinterested. If you're a Kara or Roxy you look bad, rude and childish in a very public way or if you're an Anne or Joan it's probably not a lot of fun to present a distinctive persona, seem fun and amusing and hang on to your dignity (underpants notwithstanding). I suspect they all want to remain above the worst antics without seeming dull, like Grego and Jana, who are probably a lot of fun in real life. Actually, Grego seemed a lot of fun on the show, but it didn't lend itself to drama, and Jana played into the drama but it wasn't that interesting. Even though Kara was the worst shit-disturber, (close second goes to Roxy) I suspect she thought she was setting a proper standard rather than presenting an especially low one.

Edited by yuggapukka
  • Love 1