Type keyword(s) to search

Tinsley Mortimer: Former High Society "IT Girl"

• Start Topic

11 hours ago, b2H said:

I didn't realize that Tinsley's marriage had lasted 15 years......

It didn't. They got married in their senior year of high school. Their parents made them annul it. They continued dating. They remarried in 2002 and divorced in 2010.

On 9/29/2018 at 6:43 PM, chewycandy said:

Ivy League - none of the HWs across the franchises can boast that! 

Kelly Killoren Bensimon is a Columbia grad--School of General Studies. 

• Love 6
12 hours ago, hoodooznoodooz said:

I’m wondering how much time Alexandre was spending in Europe while Lu was in NY, the last few years. I know a lot of spouses check out in the year leading up to the divorce, but he seemed particularly absent. 

Yeah, he was probably busy Counting.

8 hours ago, HunterHunted said:

She now knows all the Generals.

• LOL 9
  • Love 4

I just started following Tinsley’s mother Dale on Instagram, which is a kinda funny follow because it’s obvious that Dale wants to be the next Patricia Altschul(from “Southern Charm”). Same emphasis on luxury home decor pics/tips, similar society snapshots and upscale family photos...Dale obviously isn’t nearly as charming/rich/glamorous as Patricia, but I wouldn’t be surprised if she finds inspiration from Pat’s own brand of Bravolebrity style. Plus they both just want their kids to marry well and have grandkids.

Which kinda makes me wish Tinsley could end up with Patricia’s son Whitney, but I think he’s way too artsy-fartsy and disdainful of the society scene to dare take notice of her. Plus he’d probably consider her way too vapid and aged for his pretentiously dilettante tastes(honestly, all the guys on that show date younger anyway)...

Makes me sad to see how Tinsley’s wasted so much valuable time pinning away for Scott. I hope she at least got some good vacations and presents out of him since he got her an extra season of a RH storyline from this mess. She definitely has a type: controlling, dominant and not considerate of her own needs.

Edited by Sun-Bun
  • Love 9
1 hour ago, Sun-Bun said:

I just started following Tinsley’s mother Dale on Instagram, which is a kinda funny follow because it’s obvious that Dale wants to be the next Patricia Altschul(from “Southern Charm”). Same emphasis on luxury home decor pics/tips, similar society snapshots and upscale family photos...Dale obviously isn’t nearly as charming/rich/glamorous as Patricia, but I wouldn’t be surprised if she finds inspiration from Pat’s own brand of Bravolebrity style. Plus they both just want their kids to marry well and have grandkids.

Which kinda makes me wish Tinsley could end up with Patricia’s son Whitney, but I think he’s way too artsy-fartsy and disdainful of the society scene to dare take notice of her. Plus he’d probably consider her way too vapid and aged for his pretentiously dilettante tastes(honestly, all the guys on that show date younger anyway)...

Makes me sad to see how Tinsley’s wasted so much valuable time pinning away for Scott. I hope she at least got some good vacations and presents out of him since he got her an extra season of a RH storyline from this mess. She definitely has a type: controlling, dominant and not considerate of her own needs.

The Patricia/Dale thing is a bit of an ouroboros. Prior to Southern Charm, Patricia was much more of an old style society wife. She had almost zero media involvement and no social media presence. However, Dale is very different. During the later part of Tinsley's heyday, Dabney (Tinsley's sister) and Dale were very very well known media entities and were almost as big as Tinsley. Dale's interior design work, especially her work on Tinsley's bachelorette apartment, was very much covered in the press. Dale was known for snark and her bitchy putdowns. To a certain extent, Patricia's media presence and image is likely very much influenced by how Dale was presenting herself to the media a decade ago. And Dale has likely refined her media persona a bit based on the response to Patricia. But there's almost no way in hell Patricia didn't use Dale as a guide either on what to do or what not to do as she developed the persona of "Patricia" from Southern Charm.

I would never wish Whitney on Tinsley. When left to his own devices, there's a deep level of nastiness, snobbery, and rampant misogyny in Whitney's work. Even when given a mandate from Bravo to cut back on it in, the revamped version of Southern Charm featured only two female cast members. One of which was a kept woman of a much older man. Bravo cast Cameran. Whitney cast Jenna. Whitney seems to have become less odious over the years, but season 1 Whitney would have been in the bad end of Tinsley's shitty boyfriends.

• Useful 3
  • LOL 1
  • Love 10

Tinsley certainly has her share of issues to deal with.  Her Mom can be so mean with her comments, then dealing with an alcoholic Dad, then an abusive relationship.  Poor girl!  I really do hope that she has professional help, and maybe as LuAnn suggested, AA would be a good place for her to go.  I'm sure that a lot of the family members of alcoholics could shed some light on some of the demons she's fighting in that regard. 

• Love 5
25 minutes ago, SuprSuprElevated said:

Ramona wears these frequently.  They don't look exactly like them, but the stud work is similar - 

valentino

Thanks, but I've got a few pair of (good) dupes of the "rockstuds", and that's not what I'm looking for 😉

20 minutes ago, StevenGuy said:

She tagged them as Jimmy Choo on her Instagram.

243CFE74-A3FA-416F-B605-DF38188F860E.jpeg

Yes, that's it ! Thanks !

• Love 1
On 4/18/2019 at 1:16 AM, HunterHunted said:

It didn't. They got married in their senior year of high school. Their parents made them annul it. They continued dating. They remarried in 2002 and divorced in 2010.

I find this interesting because on the last episode thread, the general consensus is that Dale is the one who wants Tinsley to marry into wealth.  Well, she did and their parents had them annul the marriage.  Yes, she was in high school but seemingly if Dale is that ruthless that she thinks her daughter needs to marry wealth and prestige, she did just that and they had it annulled!

• Love 1
5 hours ago, Diane Mars said:

Thanks, but I've got a few pair of (good) dupes of the "rockstuds", and that's not what I'm looking for 😉

Yes, that's it ! Thanks !

Oh okay.  I wasn't seeing them clearly, thought the glitter was stud work.

• Love 1

My heart breaks for Tinsley, truly.  But, I have to look back over her relationship with Scott (or at least the parts we saw). The first is the way she behaved and presented herself to him on their very first (blind) date.  (I know it's the 21st century in the dating world and at 43, Tinsley has "been around the block" a few times.) Still, if I were a guy and a woman I'd just met was tipsy on the way to complete drunkenness early in the evening AND threw herself at me, well, I'd think that she was out to have a good time, some meaningless sex and wasn't looking for anything long-term or serious.  Didn't Tinsley also leave town with Scott that very night and spent five days with him? 

Not judging, but if after the honeymoon, if she suddenly told him that she wanted the UES socialite life in NYC and he was expected to uproot, well, I think he'd be pretty confused and feel kind of duped and blindsided. Add to that, ongoing and growing pressure from Tins and Dale to hurry up and get married because those frozen eggs need fertilizing! 

Damn! I think I'd bolt, too.  I'm not saying that he didn't genuinely care about Tinsley. It appeared that they made some effort to make things work. He also got plenty of buzz for Coupon Cabin off the show.

At 43, you can't have it both ways any longer. IF Tinsley truly wants the kind of life her mother she seems to want, then she needs to pick a lane. If she wants a desirable, wealthy man to marry her, have a "desirable" place in NYC and possibly have kids, then she needs to stop acting needy and desperate, cut back on the drinking and settle down. If her true self is more uninhibited and she'd like a relationship with a nice guy, who maybe puts fun more on making money, and wants to have kids, then she needs to go that route. Screw that shrew harpy of a mother of hers.

I hope that Tinsley gets a good therapist, helpful medication (if determined to be necessary) and figures out who she is and what she wants out of life. Hitting the 40s is a difficult time and having her mother pressuring her, plus a bunch of nosy, gossipy know-it-all women giving her conflicting advice isn't going to help.

• Love 12
On 4/18/2019 at 11:40 AM, Sun-Bun said:

I love Patricia.  She just has that extra something.  Everyone goes to her for advice.  Dale?  I don’t think so.  I still can’t figure out Whitney.  I’m going to miss Thomas bantering with Katherine tho.  He was a big part of the show.  I can’t wait.  Love the South and that whole gang.

• Love 6
19 hours ago, Gam2 said:

I think it would be hard for Tins to end up with Whitney because I’m pretty darn sure he’s gay.

Agreed with @bosawks here: I think Tins would actually be quite okay with secretly posing as a beard provided the gay husband was rich and secure enough to offer her a life of wealthy leisure/philanthropic pursuits and get her pregnant finally. Hell, that would sure beat waiting around in an overpriced hotel room for her ambivalent beefy long-distance boyfriend to finally commit.

• Love 10
On 5/5/2019 at 7:59 PM, CharlizeCat said:

At 43, you can't have it both ways any longer. IF Tinsley truly wants the kind of life her mother she seems to want, then she needs to pick a lane. If she wants a desirable, wealthy man to marry her, have a "desirable" place in NYC and possibly have kids, then she needs to stop acting needy and desperate, cut back on the drinking and settle down. If her true self is more uninhibited and she'd like a relationship with a nice guy, who maybe puts fun more on making money, and wants to have kids, then she needs to go that route. Screw that shrew harpy of a mother of hers.

I hope that Tinsley gets a good therapist, helpful medication (if determined to be necessary) and figures out who she is and what she wants out of life. Hitting the 40s is a difficult time and having her mother pressuring her, plus a bunch of nosy, gossipy know-it-all women giving her conflicting advice isn't going to help.

I was thinking the same thing.  If she really wants someone to marriage and family, doesn't she worry that eligible men will see her trying on wedding dresses when she's not engaged, crying over embryos, then crying over the back and forth relationship, crying over the breakup, then drunk crying that the boyfriend she broke up with didn't make it to the circus despite the fact they broke up?

I can't imagine anyone of value watching those histrionics and thinking, yeah, that's the girl for me.  Desperation isn't sexy.

• Love 10
5 hours ago, SuprSuprElevated said:

Dear Lord.  She really can't get out of her own way.  Billy Bush?!?  Puhleeze. 

I don't get her lust for square-head white boys who have a terminal case of no-assatall and the sex appeal of a bag of spoons.

• LOL 8
  • Love 2

I am okay with Tinsley leaving as long as she is replaced by someone who can give Bethenny back what she deserves. 

For example someone who would smack down Bethenny for the shitty comment she made about having a daughter when Tinsley doesn't.

Maybe Paul's ex wife, Ashley. That would be interesting.

A go getting, successful business woman, socialite who is blonde and beautiful.

Bethenny would lose her freaking mind.

Tinsley is way too nice for this bunch.

• Love 6
On 5/10/2019 at 3:25 PM, sasha206 said:

, crying over embryos, 

Not even--just eggs. She's just a goofball of the highest order and I even like her. But that scene? Bonkers.

• Love 5

13 hours ago, Happy Camper said:

I am okay with Tinsley leaving as long as she is replaced by someone who can give Bethenny back what she deserves. 

Wait.  Is Tinsley leaving????  I really like Tinsley - and Tinsley on the show.

I would actually like to see more of her and her sister.  

• Love 6

I wish Tinsley would just wash her face.  Wash all of that heavy makeup off and just apply some light foundation, eye-makeup and a bit of color/blush.  I think she is probably the best-looking "wife" of the bunch...but who could tell?  It looks like she is wearing pounds of cosmetics.  LuAnn could give her tips; love her or hate her, she hardly ever looks  as "painted" as some of the others.

I'll bet it is the last name of Billy that is the attraction.  But he probably has a "boyish charm" that would attract.

• Love 5
(edited)
49 minutes ago, Jextella said:

I read that Bethenny, Dorinda, Tinsley, and Sonja are confirmed to come back but that LuAnne and Ramona are not.  Here is a link:

https://realityblurb.com/2019/06/04/report-bravo-considering-firing-two-original-rhony-housewives-find-out-who-and-which-cast-members-will-return/

I want Ramona to come back. As rude and ignorant as she is, she provides a certain level of entertainment the others don't. I'd miss her pool-noodling self.

I hope they hold out on Lu's ridiculous salary demands and make her grovel for a cut in pay and "friend of" status, along with a long list of behavior requirements that she must adhere to.

Edited by SweetieDarling
  • LOL 1
  • Love 13
2 hours ago, Kemper said:

I'll bet it is the last name of Billy that is the attraction.  But he probably has a "boyish charm" that would attract.

I loved watching his mother act, my mother ran in to her at Elaine's, my mother practically wept, lol.

• Love 1
4 hours ago, farmgal4 said:

Tinsley, LuAnne and Barbara are on the Bravo chopping block.  Please, please, PLEASE give LuAnne the axe!!! 🙏🏼

I am good with all of this. Just please, please, please bring in a strong, successful, glamorous, rich, fabulous woman to replace them.

• Love 3
(edited)
2 hours ago, SweetieDarling said:

I want Ramona to come back. As rude and ignorant as she is, she provides a certain level of entertainment the others don't. I'd miss her pool-noodling self.

I hope they hold out on Lu's ridiculous salary demands and make her grovel for a cut in pay and "friend of" status, along with a long list of behavior requirements that she must adhere to.

20 minutes ago, Happy Camper said:

I am good with all of this. Just please, please, please bring in a strong, successful, glamorous, rich, fabulous woman to replace them.

I actually really like the current cast a lot.  Including pretentious Luanne.  And I agree, Sweetdarling, Ramona is great entertainment for me.

Still, I think a refresh might not be a bad idea.  I'm really liking Camille in the friends-of zone in BH.  She's too boring to be fulltime, but entertaining enough to stick around.  I feel Ramona's story has come to a bit of an end, but I'd really like her to be involved fairly often.  I think the friends-of zone could be good for her - and the show.

I'm not sure what to think about Luanne.  She really is burning her own bridge, it seems.  I don't wish ill-will on anyone and I fear if she loses her role on the show, her personal life will take a scary nose dive.  

I would like to see more rich and fabulous people, but I also like the idea of Tinsley ramping up the socialite participation as well.

I think there is room for both "new" and "old" to co-exist on these shows given the frined-of role.  It used to be seen as a less-than role, and I guess it is, but it also comes with a lot of perks.

Edited by Jextella
  • Love 8

Inside Tinsley Mortimer’s ‘RHONY’ status

https://pagesix.com/2019/06/12/inside-tinsley-mortimers-rhony-status/?_ga=2.268982514.263081656.1560300211-1292344417.1555990657

Amid buzz that former top New York socialite Tinsley Mortimer’s going to be booted from “The Real Housewives of New York City” after just two seasons on the show — friends of the reality star say she’s staying put.

We’re told Mortimer has been shooting “test scenes” with a “younger” mystery woman for the long-running Bravo show.

“It’s a new, younger girl [whom] Tinsley is friends with,” said the source of the potential new “Housewife.” “They were testing her out.”

• Useful 4
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, Miss Slay said:

Am I the only one who thinks Billy Bush and Tinsley would make a good couple? 

They have similar backgrounds and they are age appropriate. 

I'm not a Billy Bush expert, but I seem to recall the scandal was that someone he was interviewing groped a woman and Billy didn't do anything about it.   Billy wasn't the one doing the groping.  He was in a no-win situation.  Say something and lose his job, or stay quiet and lose his job....which is ultimately what happened.

That's how I recall it going down, anyway.  Maybe there are other scandals I'm not aware of.

If not, I think he and Tinsley might make a good couple.

• Love 5
On 6/9/2019 at 6:43 PM, MavisL said:

I don't get her lust for square-head white boys who have a terminal case of no-assatall and the sex appeal of a bag of spoons.

She likes the wallets in their pockets?

57 minutes ago, Jextella said:

I'm not a Billy Bush expert, but I seem to recall the scandal was that someone he was interviewing groped a woman and Billy didn't do anything about it.   Billy wasn't the one doing the groping.  He was in a no-win situation.  Say something and lose his job, or stay quiet and lose his job....which is ultimately what happened.

That's how I recall it going down, anyway.  Maybe there are other scandals I'm not aware of.

How to put this delicately?  Billy was on a bus with a future candidate for a very high profile public office in the US.  That future candidate was requesting tic tacs because he didn't know if he would be able to refrain from kissing the female co-worker of Billy's that they would be meeting when they got off the bus.  Said future candidate then expounded on how being famous allows you all sorts of privilege and . . . handholds? on women.  Billy giggled and they exited the bus.  Billy did not run any interference or do anything to try to ensure that there wasn't any untoward contact between said person and his coworker and people kind of thought that wasn't so great of him.

• LOL 1
  • Love 11
27 minutes ago, smores said:

How to put this delicately?  Billy was on a bus with a future candidate for a very high profile public office in the US.  That future candidate was requesting tic tacs because he didn't know if he would be able to refrain from kissing the female co-worker of Billy's that they would be meeting when they got off the bus.  Said future candidate then expounded on how being famous allows you all sorts of privilege and . . . handholds? on women.  Billy giggled and they exited the bus.  Billy did not run any interference or do anything to try to ensure that there wasn't any untoward contact between said person and his coworker and people kind of thought that wasn't so great of him.

One might even say he ENCOURAGED and egged on such behavior- asking the targeted woman to hug the self-declared groper. And laughed hysterically as said candidate also talked disgustingly about one of Billy’s professional colleagues who was not present (Nancy O’Dell). I will say that Billy seems to be genuinely remorseful about his behavior and has apologized multiple times privately and publicly so that does put him ahead of many famous men (for whatever that’s worth).

I’ve been amusing myself with the thought of Tins and Billy getting hitched. Do we think she would take his last name? Because “Tinsley Bush” has a SPECTACULAR ring to it (and now I feel like I’m in the icky locker room)!

• LOL 3
  • Love 9
11 hours ago, smores said:

I'm old.  Your memory is far better than mine.  I had forgotten it was Trump.  I thought it was an actor.

11 hours ago, MrsWitter said:

I’ve been amusing myself with the thought of Tins and Billy getting hitched. Do we think she would take his last name? Because “Tinsley Bush” has a SPECTACULAR ring to it (and now I feel like I’m in the icky locker room)!

Hysterical!

• Love 4
(edited)
16 hours ago, Jextella said:

Tinsley didn't vote in the last presidential election which makes me think she didn't mind if Trump won.

Billy Bush is from a rich Republican family (the Bushs) and doesn't need to work. But I agree, he got the wrong end of the stick in that scandal where he got punished but the President didn't.

Politics aside, they seem like rich blue bloods from the east coast- so they have that in common. Plus, he already has children - no pressure there.

Edited by Miss Slay
grammar
  • Love 5
16 hours ago, smores said:

The crap was I thinking. Of course. But dudes like that are SUCH D-bags. They're soulless. 

• Love 1
14 hours ago, MavisL said:

The crap was I thinking. Of course. But dudes like that are SUCH D-bags. They're soulless. 

And this one comes across like a total idiot.   Billy Bush is a not-cute, not-talented, spoiling cream cheese not-man who got dumped when his wife got tired of his ugly elfin self cheating.

Tinz needs someone to pick her man for her.  Good grief. 

• Love 4
5 minutes ago, Midnight Cheese said:

And this one comes across like a total idiot.   Billy Bush is a not-cute, not-talented, spoiling cream cheese not-man who got dumped when his wife got tired of his ugly elfin self cheating.

But that's how she ended up with Scott.

Bethenny tried to set her up with her sloppy seconds the guy that was text-flirting with Ramona after the party

She needs a better circle of friends where she can meet someone more appropriate in a less forced setting. jmo.

Her mother should have NO say in who she dates.

• Love 5

Totally agree on Tinsley. She needs to get away from this Upper East side and Palm Beach and Hamptons scene of retreads. These women just pass around the same three or four lame men who just hang on the scene.

Tins really would be better off getting some kind of job or faux job-ish type job where she can meet some men who are about more than this social life scene. I don't think Scott was a terrible introduction - he just was not into her...or this scene she thinks she wants... And it sucks he wasn't ever into a real commitment. But he seemed at least on the surface better than these older guys who just hang around bars trolling for desperate, easy women. The fact that he *wasn't* into this life was a good thing.

Although I don't think Bethenny trying to set her up - with anyone - was a terrible move. I think she was just trying to get Tinsley back in the game instead of home pining over Scott and out instead of home drunk calling and sobbing to Scott, blah, blah. It was like, here, meet this guy! Plus, Tinsley seems to need dating experience, ha! She needs to practice on the guys she's not interested in so she doesn't act like a disaster with the ones she likes.

I hated, hated, hated Millionaire Matchmaker, but she needs some tough love. And basic dating 101 help. Like don't talk about your fertility, baby, your mother, or your arrests on the first date! (Bonus points if she took out her phone and showed him pictures in her wedding dress shopping day and photos of her embryos.)

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 9
On 6/14/2019 at 7:06 AM, Midnight Cheese said:

Wait....he had a wife......whom he CHEATED on? What is this world coming to when a man like that isn't grateful that any woman gives him the time of day. 

I think Tins will keep dating, then marrying, then divorcing "the same old peanut butter and jelly sandwich" (to quote Granny Sue-for which I'll take a deserved flogging) unless she changes her priorities. I mean, she's just so over-the-top thirsty. She's prime bait to get Dirty John'ed if she's not careful.

Page 6's latest is Tinsley is on the outs.... the narrative changes by the day. Who's the housewife who wouldn't want her around? Bethenny? Sonja?

Tinsley Mortimer is ‘in survival mode’ to stay on ‘RHONY’

https://pagesix.com/2019/06/15/tinsley-mortimer-is-in-survival-mode-to-stay-on-rhony/?_ga=2.96369951.263081656.1560300211-1292344417.1555990657

A source close to Mortimer insisted any bad buzz is all a “Housewife” hit job. “There’s a ‘Housewife’ that’s trying to have her not come back, and thinks she has power within the media to create this media storm,” said the friend. “They’re spreading lies. It’s typical ‘Housewife’ drama. Tinsley not coming back — is not true.”

• Useful 1
  • Love 2

She tells People mag that she has been seeing a man who has children:

“I actually am dating somebody — I’m not going to say who — who has children,” she revealed. “And it’s good and it’s cute and it’s nice. You know, I’ve been a part of the family a little bit and it’s a good thing. So, we’ll see.”

Mortimer, 43, said it’s been “really easy and nice” getting to know her man’s family.

“I always, you know, just thought of myself as a younger person. And then all the sudden I’m older and men have children and things are happening,” she said. “I’m like, ‘Wow!’ I can maybe be with somebody that has a life other than my own, and a whole world with kids. So, I’ve recently had a really nice time with this one person.”

https://people.com/tv/rhony-tinsley-mortimer-dating-someone-with-kids/

• Useful 1
  • Love 5