Type keyword(s) to search

24 To Life - General Discussion

• Start Topic

@SilverStormm Thanks for creating this! Much appreciated.

So, my wife just started watching this because her mother told her about it. She'd recorded S2E3 "Desperate Measures" and I saw it on the TiVO. We watched it together and I found it to be really interesting. One thing that really piqued my interest was Ben's desperate attempt to get a delay in reporting/surrendering due to his medical issues. I couldn't help but think "Guy, if you haven't managed to get the doctors to sign anything for you a month or two ago, then you've got no hope on the very last day". Besides, even if he had gotten something signed, I wouldn't think you could just hop down to the courthouse and demand a judge to hear your appeal that day. And that means he would have had to report to prison while his attorney tried to get him a reprieve, but it's not very likely they're going to turn you out of prison once you're there. Of course, I didn't have much sympathy for him because I figured that he was getting locked up for arson since they'd mentioned he was a firefighter and how what he did has ruined any possibility of that career for him.

I found Elisha to be more interesting and more sympathetic. I also thought her crime would end up being drug dealing or possibly prostitution (but I couldn't figure out why they'd send her to Federal prison for prostitution). I was glad her brother decided to move in with her family while she is in prison in order to help pay the bills. Some families would have left her twisting in the wind. (Odds are mine would have, but surprising things do happen.) And I liked that they showed her doing her normal things, like taking the kids to school and such. I'm not sure how smart it was to tell the kids she's going to camp, rather than being honest about it. But I can understand wanting to protect the children from that, too.

• Love 1

I just saw the Tessie and the other one (this is not a good sign that I have already forgotten her name). The doctor one, I just think they made an example out of her. There are doctors prescribing far worse and I just don't see why she needs to go to jail and lose her license. As for the prostitution one, I just didn't feel she was sorry. She was more concerned with what she had been through, rather than what she put others through. But then again, 4 years for advertising online for prositution. Has everyone forgotten that these girls wouldn't be doing this if there wasn't such a need. I don't think we heard the whole story. 4 years is a long time...

• Love 1

I've been catching up OnDemand since this crappy Verizon TiVO decides to randomly not record things, or delete season passes. I just saw the Tressie/Stephanie one. I agree with Chalby that Stephanie was just NOT.SORRY.  Her constant whine to her mom about "I need you to forgive me or I can't fix myself" --- the selfish is still very strong in that one. You committed the crime, you're going to do the time, but you don't get to demand that others feel a certain way in a certain timeframe. Her poor daughter!! I don't know that I agree with her brother (who was formerly her sister, so there's extra emotions there, I think) that she's ruined her child for life -- but -- yikes. That's going to be a hard thing for a child to carry around about her mom. And, I mention about the brother who's transitioned because it seems like he would be a little more open to allowing people to have a second chance, as I'm sure his relationships took on some tension in the course of his lifetime. Then again -- we don't know that Stephanie wasn't asking for her 457th chance.

I was confused about Tressa's comment about how she prescribed medications "when she was not in the office" -- what does that mean? An MD can't write scrips unless he or she is in the office/hospital? Or was it simply what they were for? Was she selling them in the pharmacy parking lot? or was there something else hinky about that? I did notice their office said "Weight Loss Management" or something similar, so perhaps they were not a general practice? and she wouldn't have a reason to legit prescribe Oxy to  her patients? It's a shame she lost her license instead of being sentenced to work in an an under-served community or the jail medical facility.... but I guess it depends on what the crime commited is, on whether she can be trusted as a medical professional or not.

On March 15, 2017 at 7:01 AM, MrSmith said:

There hasn't been an episode in our listings since that previous one. Looks like there should be one for us tonight. Hopefully because I'm definitely interested based on your post, @Chalby.

Yes! Definitely let me know what you think when you see it. Again (I just can't remember the prostitute's name) it sounds like she was a ringleader in that she showed the girls who inquired how to set up online, and she'd take their pictures, and she was finally caught and arrested because they were underage (17)? I think ... Interestingly, the age of consent is different depending on the area, and I am curious what the charges would be if she were in an area where 17 is deemed legal (not the prostitution, clearly) but again, I just don't feel I got the whole story. I look forward to hearing from you. (I watched it again and I am obviously missing something.)

@Chalby Not sure when the next episode will air. No episodes on in our area for the next two weeks, still. And their Facebook page said that they're being moved from Wednesday night, but they don't know when their episodes will resume airing. Very disappointed. The single episode I've gotten to watch was very interesting.

• Love 1