Type keyword(s) to search

I'm Having A Twin Peaks Experience: Riverdale Cast In Other Roles

• Start Topic

(edited)

See: above. We also got Dylan McKay, Audrey Griswold, Cody from the Suite Life of Zach and Cody, and Billy Loomis. Also, Lochlyn Munro is basically the Canadian, "Hey, it's that guy."

I also kind of feel bad for Robyn Givens, because at one point she had a legitimate movie career.

Edited by methodwriter85
21 hours ago, methodwriter85 said:

Lochlyn Munro is basically the Canadian, "Hey, it's that guy."

I have seen him on so so many shows over the years but he's still always going to be Prue's boyfriend Jack to me. That's the only one that sticks.

• Love 4
12 minutes ago, dippydee said:

I have seen him on so so many shows over the years but he's still always going to be Prue's boyfriend Jack to me. That's the only one that sticks.

Someone mentioned it in one of the episode threads, but the role Lochlyn Munro had that sticks with me is the guy with the tiny penis in Scary Movie. 

Mädchen Amick was recently on Witches of East End. It wasn't very good, but it was entertaining in a cracky sort of way and she was easily the best character on the show. 

On 3/5/2017 at 1:58 PM, methodwriter85 said:

See: above. We also got Dylan McKay, Audrey Griswold, Cody from the Suite Life of Zach and Cody, and Billy Loomis. Also, Lochlyn Munro is basically the Canadian, "Hey, it's that guy."

I also kind of feel bad for Robyn Givens, because at one point she had a legitimate movie career.

Who played Audrey Griswold?

7 hours ago, dippydee said:

I remember him from the movie "Dead man on Campus"

1 hour ago, peachmangosteen said:

Veronica's mom.

She was the good girl who decided to try go-go dancing in Vegas under the influence of her bad-girl cousin.

I also remember her as Danny Pino's crazy childhood sweetheart on Cold Case.

Her face has changed a lot so I didn't recognize her until I saw the name.

My first memory of Lochlyn Munro was him as the cute teacher that the daughter on the t.v. series version of Honey I Shrunk the Kids has a crush on. So much so that she travels back in time to 1976 when he was her age so she can win him.

(edited)

Her face is SO changed. I get that there's weight loss and aging, but I can't help but think work had to have been done on her face because she really doesn't look anything at all like the naturally pretty girl she was in Vegas Vacation. You could still see it when she was on Cold Case, but by The Gates her face had changed a lot.

My favorite post-Scream role of Skeet Ullrich was his role as a nice, gruff farmer who married a young woman from a rich family who was pregnant out of wedlock. It's called The Magic of Ordinary Days- really sweet t.v. movie starring Keri Russell as the bride.

Machen Amick played a bitchy failed film director who trashes Dawson's student film on Dawson's Creek, leading to Dawson to eventually call her out for being a bitter old has-been hag picking on him because she's frustrated with her own life.

Edited by methodwriter85
On 3/6/2017 at 11:48 AM, dippydee said:

Same.

Also, my first experience of Marisol Nichols (Hermione Lodge) was Chris' fiancee, Bianca on Charmed.

19 minutes ago, Lady Calypso said:

Also, my first experience of Marisol Nichols (Hermione Lodge) was Chris' fiancee, Bianca on Charmed.

I didn't even realise that was her! Chris was my favourite. 

On 3/6/2017 at 11:03 AM, kariyaki said:

Mädchen Amick was recently on Witches of East End. It wasn't very good, but it was entertaining in a cracky sort of way and she was easily the best character on the show. 

I kinda enjoyed the show. It was fun for what it was and she was definitely one of the highlights. 

Also on that front, I can't be the only one who also remembers Mädchen as one of Carter's girlfriends in ER. She was a little annoying on that show, but then again Carters love interests usually were.

8 minutes ago, dippydee said:

I can't be the only one who also remembers Mädchen as one of Carter's girlfriends in ER. She was a little annoying on that show, but then again Carters love interests usually were.

I have a vague recollection of that. I also remember Mädchen in a teeny role in an episode of Star Trek TNG, which aired in the late '80s, she was super young in it.

tng.thumb.JPG.31d923352c9cb39fb87b0638b1b9edd1.JPG

I recognized Marisol from Teen Wolf, but had no clue she also played the deputy on The Gates! How is it that Colton Haynes looks exactly the same as he did on that show but she looks like an entirely different person?

11 hours ago, Bruinsfan said:

I recognized Marisol from Teen Wolf, but had no clue she also played the deputy on The Gates! How is it that Colton Haynes looks exactly the same as he did on that show but she looks like an entirely different person?

Because Colton Haynes didn't go too hard on plastic surgery?

20 hours ago, methodwriter85 said:

she was in Vegas Vacation

It struck me that, other than the Circus Circus, Excalibur and the Mirage (which no longer has the pirate ship show), all the hotels seen in that montage are either under different names or no longer exist.

As I said in another thread, I don't think I've seen Madchen Amick in anything since Twin Peaks, so I'm busy denying anything to do with the number "30". :)

Madchen Amick was also in Gilmore Girls as Sherry, Christopher's girlfriend who got conveniently knocked up the first time he and Lorelei tried to get together on the show.  She was a type-A crazypants who lost it when she went into labor before her scheduled c-section.

On Sunday, March 05, 2017 at 0:58 PM, methodwriter85 said:

Did she? Her film work was basically nonexistent before her divorce from Mike Tyson. She had a couple notable roles after the divorce, but she has the same problem Kerry Washington has. Neither of them are very good at shedding their upper middle class upbringing. So when you find out that Givens started Sarah Lawrence at 15 or Washington graduated from Spence and George Washington, it makes sense why neither of them is great at portraying characters whose upbringing is substantially different from their own.

I know Robin lost some fans when she divorced Tyson with allegations of abuse. I was 10 or 11 when it happened. I don't know that I doubted her claims of abuse. I know I could never figure out why she married Tyson in the first place other than money. It just seemed like a profoundly cynical decision on her part and this is coming from the recollections I had as a child. I can't imagine what an adult in the entertainment industry thought.

I'm shocked that I've seen Marisol in all of these roles. I never would have made the connection that it was the same actress.

Edited by HunterHunted
  • Love 1
On 3/8/2017 at 3:02 PM, Bruinsfan said:

Marisol Nichols played Frank Grillo's wife on the Gates. Janina Gavankar played the deputy. I mostly remembered her from playing Malia's mom on Teen Wolf since that was last season. 

3 hours ago, kariyaki said:

Ok, I gotta do it: Luke Perry as Krusty's half-brother, Sideshow Luke Perry, on The Simpsons. "My valuable face!"

And to think Luke Perry was so cool at one point in time to be a guest voice on The Simpsons ??. .. Oh the memories. ?

Wow! A Vanity Fair from 1992! I don't recall ever seeing Marisol Nicholls in anything, but I remember Madchen Amick from Twin Peaks, and because I'm from Vancouver, I recognize Lochlyn Munro from pretty much every TV movie-of-the-week Hallmark thingy filmed here. He's our very own local "Hey! It's that guy!". I also remember seeing Skeet Ulrich in a few things back when he first emerged and they were trying to market him as another Johnny Depp. It's amusing to see all these people playing parents, and looking at the varieties of ways they've aged. Madchen Amick looked vaguely familiar to me, but I couldn't place her. Because I haven't seen her in anything in 25 years, she looks like a completely different person - not that she's aged poorly at all - she looks really great, just very different from how I remember her.  I also didn't place Luke Perry immediately either - was actually shocked at his appearance. It's not so much that he looks, older (his features are still very recognizable to me), it's that he looks...I dunno, like he spent the last quarter century in a dehydrator or something? I wonder if he's an outdoorsy person who spends a lot of time in the sun or something. It's funny, he didn't appeal to me at all when he was young, but even with the extra mileage & crinkles I find him quite cute on the show.

(edited)
On 4/25/2017 at 7:05 AM, PeekaBoo said:

Found this pixie... Just had to add it... :D :D

f08d4b4758b4f4640e7b685c17de453e.jpg

It's funny when you look at that and think about what celebrity body standards were like in the early 1990's (he's slim here, but nothing spectacular), and how crazy they would get by the time of the WB reign's over teen dramas. His body was considered hot in 1992 but really wouldn't be by 1999 standards, when you were expected to look like an Abecrombie and Fitch model. Or now. (See: KJ Apa's insanely ripped body.)

Anyway, I kind of had to laugh when Molly's character said (looking over the high school auditorium), "Remember when this used to be our lives?" I'm like, "Honey, as far as the public is concerned, high school is your life for perpetuity. You will be old and grey and everyone is going to picture you wearing a hideous pink prom dress and dumping Duckie as soon as Andrew McCarthy apologizes for standing you up to the prom."

It is funny though, because Molly represents mid-1980's high school life, while Luke represents early 1990's high school life. But he's two years older than her!

Edited by methodwriter85
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, Just Here said:

Madelaine Petsch (Cheryl Blossom) has a prominent supporting role in the upcoming high school comedy film F*&% the Prom:

"I know how much being prom queen means to you, which only makes me want it more.
  Now just reflect and listen to my urine hit the water."

And she plays a horrible Teenage girl who stabs her "best friend" in the back with an equally horrible guy who was with the friend so basically not very different from Cheryl LOL

On 11/24/2017 at 7:21 PM, jay741982 said:

And she plays a horrible Teenage girl who stabs her "best friend" in the back with an equally horrible guy who was with the friend so basically not very different from Cheryl LOL

That specific line and the delivery of it was very Cheryl.  But i actually don't think Cheryl would stab a friend in the back.  If she flirted with your boyfriend in front of you, it would be to show you he's a dog and then she'd sashay away with a "You could do better because literally anyone could."  Cheryl is batshit in many ways, but she knows her worth and has a odd sort of code.  I don't think she'd stoop to being the other woman and she wouldn't want a guy who'd want her to be.  

• Love 2
7 hours ago, RachelKM said:

That specific line and the delivery of it was very Cheryl.  But i actually don't think Cheryl would stab a friend in the back.  If she flirted with your boyfriend in front of you, it would be to show you he's a dog and then she'd sashay away with a "You could do better because literally anyone could."  Cheryl is batshit in many ways, but she knows her worth and has a odd sort of code.  I don't think she'd stoop to being the other woman and she wouldn't want a guy who'd want her to be.  

You're right. Definitely can't see Cheryl being the other Woman. She would make her lover pay dearly if they stepped out on her lol

• Love 1
On 12/11/2017 at 3:55 AM, FurryFury said:

I vaguely remember the show, but not that guy. I definitely remember shipping the lead dude and the woman with the kid, who I think were the leads, there was lots of teasing, but it didn't go anywhere :/

I remember reading a gay slashfic about Nick when I was a kid. It's kind of funny to think about. He did play a gay character later on a show called Reunion- he played a closeted movie star.

Guy definitely aged pretty well. Almost every dad on the show is a DILF. LOL.

Lochlyn Munro is basically the Canadian, "Hey, it's that guy."

Hee!  So true.

I'm only getting into the show now (have to rely on next day Netflix as I no longer subscribe to the CW on my Canadian package) and it's all about how Dylan McKay is turning into Jim Walsh.  Luke Perry can still get it.  

• Love 2
3 hours ago, mtlchick said:

Hee!  So true.

I'm only getting into the show now (have to rely on next day Netflix as I no longer subscribe to the CW on my Canadian package) and it's all about how Dylan McKay is turning into Jim Walsh.  Luke Perry can still get it.  

Mwahahah.... "Dylan" is probably groaning at the comparison... lol..  

And lochlyn, i remember his role as a teen misfit on the CBC when I was younger, (earlies 90s maybe) dont really remember the name if the show... Northwood? I was surprised he made it "big" afterwards when he kept showing up in odd movies, etc... really cool that he's that canadian guy lol... 

"Dylan" is still very fuckable. I don't think Jim Walsh ever was.

One thing that was pretty noticeable about the difference between the original 90210 and the reboot one- the parents were all DILF's and MILF's. None of the parents were just regular middle-aged folks.

I'd say the same is true, mostly, for Riverdale. Cheryl's parents are the only ones who aren't hot.

• Love 2
On 8/31/2020 at 6:58 AM, Avabelle said:

Anybody see Lili in Chemical Hearts? I think she did what she could with a terribly written film. 

I thought she was the best part of the movie and it’s pretty cool that she was also an executive producer. It’s opened up more doors for her.