Type keyword(s) to search

S04.E17: Remember The Devil

• Start Topic

Halstead remains interesting and relevant.  If you think that he only exists as an ancillary to Lindsay's subplots then you might not be paying attention.  Also, by "before they hooked his wagon up to Lindsay" do you mean in the first one or two episodes?  The good ole days indeed.

Antonio's story was spent when his wife and kid(?) were written out for whatever reason.  I don't know what Justice is like but the guy used to have a personal life.

• Love 3
3 hours ago, Mars477 said:

Halstead remains interesting and relevant.  If you think that he only exists as an ancillary to Lindsay's subplots then you might not be paying attention.  Also, by "before they hooked his wagon up to Lindsay" do you mean in the first one or two episodes?  The good ole days indeed.

Antonio's story was spent when his wife and kid(?) were written out for whatever reason.  I don't know what Justice is like but the guy used to have a personal life.

Personally I preferred them as friends and co-workers & thought they had a great working relationship back then. So yes I was 'paying attention' and the good ole days of Season 1 when Halstead was so much better than what we get now. Now I don't get any type of romantic chemistry from them & find their scenes that don't involve the case they are working quite awkward IMO & Jay has been particularly unlikeable this season, although I did like him in the last episode so maybe they will start to redeem him.

I don't know what Antonio did to be shafted quite as badly as he did. As for Justice, I think you've learnt more about him on that show but I can't get into it at all. Maybe one day they will remember he has a gym.

On 4/12/2017 at 3:54 AM, Mars477 said:

Antonio's story was spent when his wife and kid(?) were written out for whatever reason.

The actress who played his wife got a part on another show.

All in all, IMO it's Atwater who's been shafted...the guy is literally the only regular cast member to have never even had a date, let alone a relationship of any kind. We know almost nothing about his personal life or background, just that he is raising his younger brother and sister, but barely even anything on that, which could definitely be material for some interesting storylines. 

TPTB seem to be implying that Atwater and Ruzek have become close friends, based on their banter and the fact that Atwater had been asked to be best man. But IMO it's telling than showing, as we really haven't seen much evidence of that happening, not even them hanging out at Molly's or anything.

• Love 2
On 4/14/2017 at 4:19 PM, SnarkySheep said:

All in all, IMO it's Atwater who's been shafted...the guy is literally the only regular cast member to have never even had a date, let alone a relationship of any kind. We know almost nothing about his personal life or background, just that he is raising his younger brother and sister, but barely even anything on that, which could definitely be material for some interesting storylines. 

TPTB seem to be implying that Atwater and Ruzek have become close friends, based on their banter and the fact that Atwater had been asked to be best man. But IMO it's telling than showing, as we really haven't seen much evidence of that happening, not even them hanging out at Molly's or anything.

All of this.  We don't even know what happened to Atwater's parents.