Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E03: Optimal Play

• Start Topic

On ‎3‎/‎10‎/‎2017 at 7:24 PM, scrb said:

IV Spas are a thing.  Apparently no prescription needed, they're injecting things for hydration and vitamins, to try to address hangovers among other things.

But doctors are skeptical:

I would bet that Lara's group puts a little something extra in there that is not so legal

51 minutes ago, Lemons said:

I would bet that Lara's group puts a little something extra in there that is not so legal

Not likely.  They are trying to help clean out the system of whatever crap these guys are using.  If they took down a competitor, why risk losing their jobs/license for something so stupid?  They have no stake in Axe Capital doing well. 

3 hours ago, PBSLover said:

Not likely.  They are trying to help clean out the system of whatever crap these guys are using.  If they took down a competitor, why risk losing their jobs/license for something so stupid?  They have no stake in Axe Capital doing well. 

Oh yeah, I forgot how ethical they all are. Not. 

On 3/6/2017 at 11:27 AM, scrb said:

She's not religious and therefore conflicted like Carmella Soprano.  Nor does she look the other way, just enjoy the fruits of her husband's illegal activities like Abby Donovan.

She is all-in on whatever Bobby does, probably the reason he hasno, they changed his main assistant this season.  Last season was this woman that all the traders wanted to sleep with but she kept them in line.  This season, the new assistant is smart but also proffers opinions on some big issues and Axe seems to respect her POV.

I totally agree with yr comparisons to the other two wives. Perfect analogies!

I think the new "assistant" is a different position altogether. She's a chief of staff to provide a layer of insulation for the legal protectives Axe is promoting.

Question, did anyone else think it was funny that the Rhodes's had invisible kids for so long?

On 3/7/2017 at 4:31 PM, scrb said:

I don't get the negative reaction to Sacker, though I haven't really been paying attention to her convos with her father.  Presumably she's scheming to rise in the hierarchy, run for higher office, like Chuck himself?

Connerty is being tempted left and right.  First by the fling with Sacker (and before then he was doing it with an FBI agent assigned to the Southern District office), then Axe's henchman offering several times his salary to quit the US Attorney and work for him, and now that stewardess.

Then of course Chuck is busting his balls, questioning his loyalty and dedication.

Is he suppose to be the only hero on the show because he resists and puts up with Chuck's BS? 

I am confused about Sacker. Did she  "talk" to Chuck about her father to cover her ass, or was she really asking advice? And boy did I love the scene where she answered the door looking drop dead gorgeous to Connerty. She queries him about whether he's surprised that her dad stashed the money, or is it that her father even HAS has 25 million ! So there!

On 3/17/2017 at 1:08 PM, PBSLover said:

Makes sense