Type keyword(s) to search

S04.E10: Insatiable

Sleepy-410_SCN30_TR0029_f_hires1_595_Min

When one of Diana's mentors is targeted by a horrific monster, she decides that the team must channel all of their power toward stopping Dreyfuss. Meanwhile, Dreyfuss and Jobe have a breakthrough on a project of which Team Witness may not yet be aware.

Promos

I liked the MOTW, but was taken out of it by all the fake DC locations. :)  (Yes, everyone still calls it the OEOB. And was that the AL state house playing the part of the capitol bldg?)

And the gold from the cars was ridiculous--it would have taken weeks to find enough, without specialized tools.... Would have been easier to just go buy some. 

Edited by janeta
  • Love 3

Awwww, I loved Crane trying to tell Jenny that he loves her and that she is like family to him now.

Please stop trying to make Alex and Jake happen, show.

I loved Donny. "Everyone wants to live forever, dude!" After Jenny's transactions with some shady doublecrossers, I kept thinking he was going to whack her on the head or somehow betray her, so it was nice to see him being friendly and enthusiastic.

• Love 3

I was getting annoyed with Diana's constant "malcolm malcolm malcolm", but they did have Crane call her on it, so ok. 

So now Malcolm goes from getting immortal because he wants to get out of his deal to assembling the four horsemen? Ok, I guess. 

• Love 2

It would have been easier to visit a pawn shop to get some old gold jewelry. I agree that it would take time and specialized tools to get it from cars.

Great idea to invite the building to a housewarming. People do like free food but some of the neighbours may just be casing the place.

I liked Crane considering Jenny to be family. Wonder if she really does have an amazing job offer.

Why raise the Horsemen of the Apocalypse? Does Malcolm think they will work for him and do his bidding?

Kinda a dull ep for me.

• Love 1
20 hours ago, ganesh said:

I was getting annoyed with Diana's constant "malcolm malcolm malcolm", but they did have Crane call her on it, so ok. 

So now Malcolm goes from getting immortal because he wants to get out of his deal to assembling the four horsemen? Ok, I guess. 

Malcolm's 'motivations' reek of writers not knowing what to do storywise, so they tried to go back to the 4 horsemen mythos that they dropped a while ago.

So, Dreyfuss' big plan is resurrect the Four Horsemen, with Headless, Robbie Kay's pop singer, and his former board member as hosts?  And I guess he needs another one.  I wouldn't be surprised if the next host is one of the team, and it creates even more drama.  Kind of a lame reveal, but again, Dreyfuss has kind of been a bust.

I guess they are really going there with Alex having feelings for Jake.  At least they acknowledge the brief moment he had a crush on Jenny, that I guess he just dropped after he realized it wasn't going to happen.

I usually really like Janina Gavankar, but I felt like there was something off with a lot of her delivery in this episode.  It probably didn't help that Diana's main purpose was to be fretting over Dreyfuss and causing her to go off half-cocked.

The Ichabod/Jenny scenes were nice at least.

• Love 2

I really hope the show doesn't drop the Jobe angle. I just don't get why Malcolm goes from don't want to sell my soul to end of the world. Jobe is interesting if he's like, "ok I'm in the real world and going to play it so I can stay here."

The Donner Party/and zombie stuff reminded me of Warehouse 13 season 3's episode with the exact same name. Except for the fact Warehouse 13's Insatiable was more enjoyable to watch and there were some hilarious zombie movies homages in it. This one? Eh?

The flashbacks were even more boring that the flashbacks involving Betsy Ross and Katrina combined. That was not inspired at all, writers. The creature was creepy, though.

I fully expected Alex realizing her feelings for Jake after the Djinn episode. Since it's written like bad romcom, Jake, who failed to flirt properly with Jenny, is suddenly super charming and popular, and Alex is annoyed and pining. Props for interracial romance two seasons in a row. Fail for everything else because I don't care, just like the last time.

Diana bored me with her Dreyfuss obsession. But it was nice moment for Ichabod stepping up as a leader of the group and calling her on it.

So Dreyfuss wants to start Apocalypse?

GIF-bored-dont-care-idgaf-indifferent-me

Jobe, please start making sense and become my personal hero!

My favorite parts of the episode were Jenny and Ichabod being cute together and sharing and be BFFs. The party in the beginning was fun as well.

• Love 1

I also was getting confused about how they would extract gold from old cars until the end when all they did was put the cars in a circle around the demon.  Apparently there was enough gold within the cars to create a barrier?  Sure didn't take much!  I think I have enough old very thin gold chains in my jewelry box for that kind of circle if that's all it takes - good to know just in case.

I stopped watching this live while I binge rewatched Buffy on Netflix but am now catching up.  At least Sleepy Hollow is somewhat watchable unlike other shows (cough-Nashville-cough) that I've totally given up on.