Type keyword(s) to search

S23.E14: The Final Countdown

20 minutes ago, sleepyjean said:

Why are people saying there were no go-sees? They did go-sees in the first episode.

Because that had a more casting feel than the traditional go sees, which were usually around six to eight girls later on in the season, many times after they had reached their overseas destination.

• Love 2

Yay, India! I'm not used to having my favorites win reality shows and I'm really happy that she won. Such a great model and seems like a really nice down to earth person too. I wish her all the best!

I'm hoping that the final judging panel was fake with Law and Ashley supporting Tatiana over India. If not, Ashley sure is a fake coming out to hug India and congratulating her on her win, lol. 

Drew was absolutely the best judge for me this whole season because he actually gave constructive criticism and was never snarky just for the hell of it. "You go sell lotion and I'll sell a brand" was the best line of the season.

Poor Rita! She could hardly keep her eyes open with all that heavy eye makeup.

• Love 4

Yay glad India won! She definitely deserved the win, although I hope being ANTM doesn't jinx her modeling career.

Ashley Graham is definitely not a "supermodel". At least not the Cindy, Naomi, Linda type I know.

Too bad cycle 6 Jade the undiscovered supermodel leftover lady biracial butterfly is probably too old to compete now, or she can come back for a new cycle and really embody the "boss, brand, business" mantra.

Love Tyra and wish she will come back along with the original and best judging panel: Miss Jay, Mr. Jay and Nigel.

Coryanne looked amazing in the runway afro. That is her look. She does have an amazing face and I really wish she had been runner up. I just do NOT get Tatianna's appeal at all. She's so common looking. Like a girl you'd see at a mall, and not even a model at the mall, just literally a girl walking around in the mall with an Old Navy bag draped over her arm eating a Wetzel's Pretzel.

I thought Coryanne would've been top two as well. Out of the girls remaining, she looked the most like a model, but her performance throughout was middle of the the pack. I'm happy with an India win only because it was the logical choice. However, India, in her talking heads, looks basic as hell. She's the one I'd really see strolling through the mall. But she turns it out where it matters- in her pictures. Tati is pretty as well, but more in a 'pretty girl on the street' way.

Someone upthread mentioned Make Me a Supermodel. I miss that show. The panel had actual industry experts and they were really no-nonsense. I'll always remember that Tyson Beckford said there's a difference between model pretty and girlfriend pretty. Girlfriend pretty is your classically beautiful woman that you'd want on your arm, whereas model pretty might not be conventionally attractive, but she looks beautiful on camera. It's rare that a model is both. I'd put the supermodels of yore in that category.

This whole 'brand/boss' thing is annoying. The show is called America's Next Top Model, not boss. Why would they want a mediocre model with a brand instead of one that can do the actual job that's in the show's title?

Edited by Sheenieb
  • Love 5
6 hours ago, Mattipoo said:

Too bad cycle 6 Jade the undiscovered supermodel leftover lady biracial butterfly is probably too old to compete now, or she can come back for a new cycle and really embody the "boss, brand, business" mantra.

Or bring Jade on as a panelist.

I think that would be hilarious, but I try not to "dwelve" on it too much.

Someone upthread mentioned Make Me a Supermodel. I miss that show as well. The panel had actual industry experts and they were really no-nonsense. I'll always remember that Tyson Beckford said there's a difference between model pretty and girlfriend pretty. Girlfriend pretty is your classically beautiful woman that you'd want on your arm, whereas model pretty might not be conventionally attractive, but she looks beautiful on camera. It's rare that a model is both. I'd put the supermodels of yore in that category.

I miss Make Me A Supermodel. I always felt like that show was more realistic in terms of what contestants would actually face in the modeling world. I loved that they did a catwalk challenge at the end of every episode.

Edited by Surrealist
  • Love 3

Wow, that's actually pretty impressive. She should really focus on expanding her skin care line rather than being a model. She clearly has good business sense. Interesting she picked Courtney as her token white girl. lol I have to admit that I hate the way she spells the company. I never like bastardized spellings but probably Skin Butter was taken.

• Love 2

One thing I preferred this season is that the contestants were not compelled to lose their sh!t every time Rita walked into the room.  Then, in this episode, Tyra walks in and all the judges, including Rita, lose their sh!t.

She's your boss not a god.

• Love 7

What really did me in about Tyra's appearance is that compared to all the blarney falling out of the mouths of this new panel this season, she actually made sense for the first time in years........till she got to the Kylie/Kendall stuff, then the world righted on its axis.

• Love 7

I missed the final episode because the power went out in my neighborhood from Wednesday to Saturday night. VH1 made it available On Demand this morning, so I finally get to see what I missed on Wednesday. Loved the way the fashion show was shot. The makeovers really did none of those girls any favors; they all looked better with the 'fros from the fashion show, especially Tatiana. She actually looked like a model for the first time to me.

I'm glad that India won, but I'm always going to see her wonky, mismatched, Shannon Doherty eyes when  I look at her.

ETA: I googled skinbuttr, and yeah, that's Courtney in the picture that comes up for the mailing list. Now it makes me wonder how much of the on-screen animosity was actually real.

Edited by NeenerNeener
9 hours ago, Blissfool said:

I'm the only person in the world unhappy with India winning; excluding Tatiana, that is.

I didn't care for her, she's just too plain for me. But I'm happy she won because can you imagine the outrage if she didn't? I was rooting for Coryanne and Courtney. 

On 3/9/2017 at 6:57 AM, absolutqt said:

Tonight?!  She's been working my nerves since mid-season.  I know they were setting up Tyra's entrance but when she was all, "India is no Tyra!" I wanted to be like, "And honey, you're no Cindy Crawford.". Call me old but I still think of Cindy, Naomi and Linda when you say supermodel.  Certainly not Ashley.

Right!  She drove me nuts constantly referring to herself as a supermodel.  Hell, Janice Dickinson didn't bother me as much and I think her saying it was a bit more valid.

• Love 3

The saddest part is I have not heard of an Ashley Graham. I probably have seen her but didn't know that was her name. Granted, I don't really follow the fashion world, but if you are a true supermodel, a layman would know your name, like Tyra Banks, Naomi Campbell, Cindy Crawford, Gisele Bündchen, etc.

• Love 3

I just don't think there really are super models anymore. That was a kind of 80s-2000s thing that has been replaced now by celeb-models. Your Kardashians and Hajids aren't really supermodels, they are pretty little rich girls who happen to model because they don't have to earn a living. Ashley Graham is only known because she's bigger and that is still an anomaly in the modeling world. But she isn't a supermodel by any means. I really think that Tyra's generation was the last real "supermodel" generation.

• Love 4