Type keyword(s) to search

S23.E14: The Final Countdown

In the Season 23 finale, the finalists give it their all to pull off a Paper Magazine photo-shoot spread.  Later, the eliminated contestants return to hit the runway alongside singer Tinashe, before one of the final three is crowned winner.

In case anyone missed it, they did the live finale photoshoot with Tatiana, Courtney, India, and Paige on the ANTM Facebook. It was pretty interesting because Drew basically shows you how a real photoshoot goes without any editing and you get to see the girls (IMO my personal top 4) work their stuff. Wish they had more stuff like that in the season.

• Love 2
15 minutes ago, niklj said:

Wish they had more stuff like that in the season.

I agree. I would love to have seen something like that on the show. It's one of the reasons I like the go sees. Not the part where they are running around asking for directions in foreign languages but the part where they are meeting designers and getting judged by the people who would be judging them IRL. I prefer the glimpses of modelling we see rather than the drama of a bunch of competitors stuck living together.

• Love 11
(edited)

Good!!!

In my opinion, the right girl won for the right reasons.  My reality TV record is one of rooting for lost causes most of the time, so when I pick a winner, I'm thrilled.  

Edited by Marmiarmo
Autocorrect failure. I know the difference between one and won.
  • Love 20

I'm glad India won. 

Having said that, omg that was the least festive ending ever. 

Also no trip no go sees. Weird.

I get the feeling the judges were all miserable to be there and hated each other.

• Love 7

I also felt the judges weren't thrilled. 

I'm glad India won. That said, I think Tyra is the real winner because I now want to see her in this version of the show. She was more of my enjoyment than I realized, and I liked her a lot tonight. 

They could easily resolve debate over whose the boss by airing live, or closer to it, because I've not read much about tatiana one way or another from fans (not that I read a lot, or this isn't discussed often).  Though I suppose that eliminates suspense. 

Overall I'd say this was a decent reboot. I was genuinely surprised by the final result, which was nice. 

• Love 2
(edited)
3 hours ago, absolutqt said:

Yes!!!  My girl India killed it on that runway.

Get it, Drew.  "You go sell lotion and I'll sell a brand.". Well, alright now!

Boom. I looooved Drew tonight. I'm biased and wanted India to win, but I do think he had some of the few decent critiques this season. I do hope he works with India and she does well. Her pictures were stunning.

I know Rita doesn't have a ton of fans as a host, but I kind of loved her side eye at Ashley's "As a Supermodel..." bit, multiple times. I I liked Ashley before the season, but man, she was grating tonight. And being the first to run out and congratulate India? Please. I want to know how she and Drew went from "India, hell no" to flipping sides. Or was that all the drama they could muster?

Agree that that there didn't seem to be any love lost among the judges.

I liked the season ok, but I just don't care about the boss and brand. That shark has jumped, but I miss the old semi-modeling focused show. Even smizing and tooching, or whatever.

Oh hai Tyra!

Tatiana had a classy exit. Go India!

Edited by CrazyDog
  • Love 8
(edited)
2 hours ago, Straycat80 said:

I'm glad India won. I never heard of the clothing brand they were modeling, Two Blondes. 

India was the right choice.

The Blonds is a fashion label that produces sort of draggy theatrical clothing. A lot of their clothing ends up on female pop stars in videos, on tour, or occasionally a red carpet (MTV Video Music Awards, Teen Choice Awards, and Billboard).

Edited by HunterHunted
  • Love 2

Zzzzzzzzzzz.........

I only watched about half of the finale. Man, was I bored! I'm happy India won. She's such a nice person & it was well deserved. But, the show lacked suspense. Good luck & best wishes to India, Tatianna & Coryanne in the future!

I perked up when Tyra Banks came through. She looked great! Good for her for taking a step back to adjust to motherhood. Best wishes there! I liked what she said; felt kinda bummed when she exited stage left. Maybe they need a fifth judge for next season, so they won't be faced with a tie?

lived! for Law Roach's commentary! I only wish he had more of a hand in molding the girls throughout the season. I didn't 100% agree with Drew this time, but I appreciate his point of view & his passion & his accomplishments in the fashion community. Ashley gave good perspective as a working model (plus, I just think she's gorgeous. I really enjoy just looking at her.) Rita was kind of just there.

Meh. I'll probably tune in next season. But, I don't think they're quite ready to go back to network television.

• Love 1
3 hours ago, CrazyDog said:

I know Rita doesn't have a ton of fans as a host, but I kind of loved her side eye at Ashley's "As a Supermodel..." bit, multiple times. I I liked Ashley before the season, but man, she was grating tonight. 

Tonight?!  She's been working my nerves since mid-season.  I know they were setting up Tyra's entrance but when she was all, "India is no Tyra!" I wanted to be like, "And honey, you're no Cindy Crawford.". Call me old but I still think of Cindy, Naomi and Linda when you say supermodel.  Certainly not Ashley.

Did Drunk-Auntie Cherish even participate in the runway show??  I must've blinked and missed her. Darn.

• Love 12
(edited)
9 hours ago, Straycat80 said:

I'm glad India won. I never heard of the clothing brand they were modeling, Two Blondes. 

Been paying attention to fashion for 20 years since my mother is a fashion designer.... neither have I.

Poor Coryanne; the bus came to drive over her, as soon as she was becoming a great model.  I find her sexy and cute as all hell.

Tatiana don't impress me much.  Good for India, she deserved it.

Still can't stand Tyra.  As soon as she started talking, I remembered why I left this show in the first place.

Good for Paige, re: @niklj's post. I thought she was treated so unfairly.  This whole episode I kept thinking it makes no sense that Courtney wasn't there.  Is it just that she's too short?

I want to know how she and Drew went from "India, hell no" to flipping sides.

I thought Law and Ashley preferred Tatiana.  Drew preferred India from the start, didn't he?  And I *THINK* Rita was pro-India?

I agree, Ashley is absolutely not a supermodel to me.  Crystal Renn, before she got all thin, was a very high fashion plus size model (my opinion).  But still not a supermodel.

Yes, Cherish was there, and I still love her.  (I love redheads)

Edited by Ms Blue Jay
  • Love 3

A little Tyra goes a long way, but I was surprised she didn't stick around to speak or see the finalists. I did like her inspirational pep talk to the judges though.

Go sees are always my favorite, so I was bummed we didn't get any this season. 

• Love 8

Good for India!

I enjoyed this season overall, the other seasons were cluttered with Tyra silliness, tooching and whatnot. So, yes, please bring back go sees and we're cool. Or better yet, bring back Make Me a Supermodel on Bravo.

• Love 3

And the world breathed a sigh of relief when Cory was shown the door first...  I actually like Cory as a model but the hate on some forums was a bit much.

I'm fine with India winning as I never really got the Tati appeal.  Frankly, as usual, Tyra still chose all the semi-finalists so I still lay blame for the lackluster group we got on her.

The runway was fine and I've also heard of The Blonds.  C9 Lisa walked for them this past fashion week.  They dress mainly music stars like Katy Perry, Gaga, Britney, Beyoncé, etc...

It was good to see Tyra and she actually made sense which can be rare for her.

The judges were a mixed bag and I'm not really looking forward to seeing them all next cycle.  I was fine with Drew.  Law sometimes was okay but he really should stick to dressing his celebs clients (Zendaya, Celine Dion).  Rita was okay.  But the biggest disappointment was Ashley.  I was expecting better from her.

I'm sure all the girls will be fine.  I know CoryAnne has been working pretty regularly since this season started and so has India so they'll be fine.  So will Tati.  I think supposedly the model for her SkinButter line is auditioning for C24.

• Love 2
(edited)

India is adorable, and takes great pictures. I'm so glad she won.

But I have to say, Coryann is good looking, to me at least, but she does not photograph well. Totally different when in motion or in pictures.

Tatiana..there is something about her that doesn't touch me in any way. Like she is too...artifical, to perfect? Can't explain it

edit - is India contractually obligated to have purple hair? I watched her on Instagram and in the newer pictures she had blond hair. And now last couples of pictures (since the Facebook shoot I think) she is purple haired again...

Edited by Snow Fairy
  • Love 4

The minute Tatiana said she wanted the money to put into her lotion business I knew she was gone. Her priorities were out of wack for this show. It is probably a good idea for her to do with the money, but the show would not like it.

• Love 3

It just occurred to me that Tatianna had no chance of winning because her own skin care line might be competitive with another brand that is owned by Rimmel's parent company. Additionally, her line might conceivably add cosmetics in the future. Her win would have been a conflict of interest nightmare. For all of the talk about boss and brand, I think they really wanted someone who was boss and brand like one of those successful instagram models.

• Love 3
(edited)

Geez, the difference between India and the other two finalists was hugely apparent in this episode!  The right model definitely won.  Cory and Tatianna were below average in every way compared to her.  I was surprised by how un-model-like Tatianna's body looked on the runway.  And Cory still looks like a 50 year old to me.  A rough 50 year old.  India just looked stunning

I see Kyle hasn't improved in the slightest!

Who or what is a Tinashe?  Is she famous like Rita Ora is famous?

Ashley Graham - you are NOT a supermodel.  You're a current novelty who will fade away as soon as people are bored with your message and have moved on to their next big cause.

Edited by Canada
  • Love 11

I yelled when CoryAnne was eliminated. I thought she was gonna take this for a minute. She improved a lot this episode tbh.

The Blonds have been on ANTM in the past I think, during Cycle 12. Celia won the challenge they were featured on and was able to keep her outfit and Allison's as a price IIRC.

Tyra gave very good advice to the judges I thought. She was really likeable! Surprised she didn't stick around.

I liked Ashley at the beginning but yeah, she became unbearable as the season progressed. "As a Supermodel..." GIRL. She really drank the koolaid didn't she?

Drew DRAGGED Tatianna lmao. I'm glad he got his way because in the end, he was gonna put the winner in HIS magazine. The other 3 judges doesn't have to deal with any of that.

I'm so happy India won, yay.

• Love 13

Coryanne looked amazing in the runway afro. That is her look. She does have an amazing face and I really wish she had been runner up. I just do NOT get Tatianna's appeal at all. She's so common looking. Like a girl you'd see at a mall, and not even a model at the mall, just literally a girl walking around in the mall with an Old Navy bag draped over her arm eating a Wetzel's Pretzel.

Hello Ashley's boobs at the fashion show...or was she smuggling some melons in, in case she got hungry?

YAY YAY YAY India!!!!!! I just love everything about her. I hope she gets some great opportunities out of this win.

• Love 6
14 minutes ago, Mabinogia said:

Coryanne looked amazing in the runway afro. That is her look. She does have an amazing face and I really wish she had been runner up. I just do NOT get Tatianna's appeal at all. She's so common looking. Like a girl you'd see at a mall, and not even a model at the mall, just literally a girl walking around in the mall with an Old Navy bag draped over her arm eating a Wetzel's Pretzel.

Hello Ashley's boobs at the fashion show...or was she smuggling some melons in, in case she got hungry?

YAY YAY YAY India!!!!!! I just love everything about her. I hope she gets some great opportunities out of this win.

LMAO. I agree with all of the above. 

Coryanne is gorgeous and has a great runway model body. She has some good genes in her but she needs to learn how to photograph. Her eyes look sleepy in pictures. So I'm glad she didn't win but at least she should have came in 2nd.

Tati looks great whenever she is styling herself but whenever someone else styles her (which is the basics of being a model), she looks homely. She has a great body for regular people but she looked so out of place on the runway. I can't believe she came this far on a modeling show.

I also can't believe the judges debated that long between India and Tati after reviewing their body of work. Like it's so obvious one is a model and one is...not. If they truly want the winner to be boss/brand/business, they shouldn't call this show ANTM and make another show about entrepreneurship for wannabe-celebs and not waste wannabe-model's time.

I think Drew fought so hard for India because he didn't want Tatianna on the cover of his magazine.

India's face is everything. Her face can sell a lot of things.

• Love 7

It was a crappy season but the right girl won. 

I knew it would be India the moment Drew started lobbying for her.  He's the one who had the magazine that was going to feature one of the girls, the rest of the panel had nothing but the BS theme of the season "business, brand, boss" to babble about.  Drew had a concrete reason to decide the winner and he wanted India.   I was glad he brought up India's five wins vs Tatianna's one, and that she's just a lotion salesman. 

LOL Ashley calling herself a supermodel.  Sorry hun, Gisele Bundchen is a supermodel, not you.  She and Rita have overinflated images of themselves. 

• Love 11

I almost wonder if all four wanted India as the winner but the show decided that wasn't dramatic enough so picked two to support Tatiana, because Law and Ashley's arguments made no freaking sense. I do find it interesting that they were all about Tati being a brand and India just being a model and not having people follow her basically, however, India has been getting more and more followers through the run of this show while Tati has gotten some but not like India's skyrocketing numbers. Just because Tati sells lotion does not make her the next Tyra Banks. It just means she sells lotion hardly anyone has heard of.

I think Drew was right in saying that he can build India's brand but I don't see Law making Tati a top model.

• Love 8

What was Law babbling on about, taking Tatianna to Paris and not putting her on the runway, but having her in the front row??  This is a modelling competition, dumbass.  Not a see-who-can-sit-in-the-front-row-of-a-runway-show competition.  I think Drew was the only judge this season actually exercising any common sense.

• Love 15
4 hours ago, HunterHunted said:

For all of the talk about boss and brand, I think they really wanted someone who was boss and brand like one of those successful instagram models.

I checked out India's instagram.  It's a lot of people commenting how much she resembles Gigi Hadid.  I think India's great, but for sure this resemblance must have really helped her.

I kind of LOVED Drew during the Paper magazine shoot, just kind of squinting at everyone.  LOL

Good for Justine!  She's an extremely sexy Instagram model, I felt kind of weird looking at some of those pics, practically vulgar, LOL but whatever, good for her!  Get that paper.

Edited by Ms Blue Jay

Have you seen Justine's Twitter feed?  Every other post involves a lot of swearing.  She seems slightly unhinged, unless there's kind of private joke that I'm just not in on.

2 hours ago, GreyBunny said:

I knew it would be India the moment Drew started lobbying for her.  He's the one who had the magazine that was going to feature one of the girls, the rest of the panel had nothing but the BS theme of the season "business, brand, boss" to babble about.  Drew had a concrete reason to decide the winner and he wanted India.   I was glad he brought up India's five wins vs Tatianna's one, and that she's just a lotion salesman. 

I think Rita had a self-interested motive as well. She represents Rimmel, and India had the best Rimmel commercial. I don't think Rimmel would have been very happy with Rita if they ended up stuck with the second- or third-best commercial.

I agree with Mabinogia's speculation that the judging conflict was basically faked. Like, I'm so sure that Rita just happened to bring up Tyra and Ashley just happened to have her "no Tyra Banks" line right before Tyra showed up. As Drew pointed out, these judges voted for India five times and Tatiana only once. The sponsors basically pick the winner and we already know that two of them, Paper and Rimmel, wanted India. That just leaves VH-1, and I imagine that particular discussion was kept offscreen. It wasn't clarified what sort of talent deal VH-1 actually has in mind, but India fits in better for most possibilities since I think VH-1 is more about bubbly enthusiasm like India's than professional polish like Tatiana's. (Which came up in a previous episode, the cosmetics challenge where Rita commented that Tatiana's presentation was a little too corporate for the Rimmel brand.) So the winner was basically a foregone conclusion due to the sponsors; Law and Ashley just took on the job of advocating for Tatiana for drama's sake. At least Ashley's always been a Tatiana fan, but Law really had to do a 180 for the sake of the manufactured conflict.

• Love 5

Was Coryanne drunk during the judging panel, or was she just super sleepy? 

Rita's eye makeup was ridiculously horrendous. Who thought that was a pretty look? It reminded me of that black gunk stuff that's always advertised on my facebook feed that you peel off your nose to get the blackheads out. And "super"model Ashley could have used her braid to mushroom slap everyone else in the face. 

• Love 5

I don't know if she was drunk but Cory said in at least one interview that she was stressed out so that could be it and it was coming down to the end so...

As for the fake panel drama, I thought that was rather obvious (especially Tyra's popping in).  Whatever reason Ashley and Law had for fighting so hard for Tati, in the end, her winning didn't make much sense especially taking into account the whole season (not that that's ever stopped ANTM before from making some dumb decision).

• Love 2
2 hours ago, Black Knight said:

I think Rita had a self-interested motive as well. She represents Rimmel

Oh, that's right.  It's easy to forget that Rita might be useful for something.

I bet Tyra filmed her scene on a different day, perhaps one where she bothered to take her meds.  Otherwise, why not have her come out and greet the winner?

• Love 6

Totally agree with everyone saying Tatiana is dull and common. I did not understand why she was in the finals, nevermind on this show. So average.

If they wanted a "boss" and "brand" to win, maybe the show should be called "American's Next Top Boss" or "American's Next Top Brand". But it's called model, so at least they picked the girl that looked like one.

• Love 8

First off, that finale FAR surpassed my expectations. In every way. While I'm also disappointed we didn't get any go-sees or trips, I'm glad they did an extended runway challenge (though it didn't have a swinging wrecking ball or anything this time lol).

I'm also glad they had a good final two (really thought they might have a multiple bottom-photo model in the finals) and I'm happy it seems that for the most part all the girls were good sports at the end.

Manufactured or not, that panel was entertaining as heck. Drew was my favorite judge every week and I really liked the sense of legitimacy he brought to the show. I still remember the first episode he admitted that he was rooting for India lol Normally that favoritism would annoy me but I think it helped India come to the forefront.

Congrats to India!! She was my favorite from the first episode and she seems so genuine. Looking forward to whatever this VH1 deal brings about.

Overall, I enjoyed this cycle and know there was probably a lot more they didn't show (Drew mentioned on the FB live he brought the girls to a tarot card reading). After not watching the past few cycles as it became more America's Next Top Tyra, I enjoyed the refreshed nature of the show and glad it was revived.

• Love 4

It struck me as they were showing the photos through the season that the photo shoots were weak. The only "concept" photo was the grocery store, and that was weak sauce. I get that modeling today has changed and there's a social media component (which felt lacking this season, maybe because they couldn't use the actual sites?), but there's still modeling involved. The season was OK but they need to tweak it and bring back more model challenges (the go-sees were definitely missed).

• Love 2
11 hours ago, Canada said:

What was Law babbling on about, taking Tatianna to Paris and not putting her on the runway, but having her in the front row??  This is a modelling competition, dumbass.  Not a see-who-can-sit-in-the-front-row-of-a-runway-show competition.

Not even the front row - he just wanted to have out in front of the papparazzi out front!

• Love 3

Congrats to India!! She was my favorite and I'm glad she won.

I was surprised at how much I actually liked Tyra during her brief appearance. She made some good points to the judges. I really enjoyed Drew as a judge and I hope he comes back. Still don't care for Rita and I go back and forth on Ashley. Sometimes I like her and she seems cool and then she busts out the "as a supermodel" and I'm back to disliking her. Also, her style seems all over the place. There were a few panels where she looked amazing and others where she looked awful. I hated her braid.

15 hours ago, Mabinogia said:

I almost wonder if all four wanted India as the winner but the show decided that wasn't dramatic enough so picked two to support Tatiana, because Law and Ashley's arguments made no freaking sense. I do find it interesting that they were all about Tati being a brand and India just being a model and not having people follow her basically, however, India has been getting more and more followers through the run of this show while Tati has gotten some but not like India's skyrocketing numbers. Just because Tati sells lotion does not make her the next Tyra Banks. It just means she sells lotion hardly anyone has heard of.

I think Drew was right in saying that he can build India's brand but I don't see Law making Tati a top model.

Agree with this. I feel like there is a lot more they can do with India.

• Love 2

It'll be interesting to see what happens in the next few weeks since several of the girls have said they are going to NYC.

It would be nice to have more actual photo shoots and challenges that involve more than a massage and a trip to an amusement park for prizes.  Social media or not, even the Kendalls and Gigis still have to take photos and walk runways (even if they're bad at it like Kendall).  It's their celebrity and presence on social media combined that not just gets them jobs but gets the people they are working for more public recognition and sales so I see what ANTM is going for but they've got to do a better job (and based on comments on different forums, this is not an unpopular opinion).

At best these girls would do well to try and take advantage of any exposure they've gotten from this show.  I highly doubt any of them will become stars but they should at least be able to make a living for the time being.

Law talking about taking Tati to Paris during fashion week and getting her shot by the paparazzi may sound silly but it's really not a bad way to get publicity or unheard of.

• Love 1
5 minutes ago, milkyaqua said:

Law talking about taking Tati to Paris during fashion week and getting her shot by the paparazzi may sound silly but it's really not a bad way to get publicity or unheard of.

If she had any kind of "it" quality, I agree, bringing her there and getting that paps to take shots of her will get that "who is she?" Buzz going. But I just don't see anyone wondering who she is other than in a "how did she get into this exclusive event?" kind of way. She's not as dynamic as he and Ashley seem to think she is. She's a pretty girl with a little lotion biz (what is it even, does she have a store? It is something she makes herself? does she shill it on Instagram? they keep harping on her being a "boss" because of it, but all I know is she sells some kind of skin cream).

Now, if Courtney, or even India or Coreyanne went with him, I could see people asking about them. They are all visually striking.

• Love 9

For better or worse (in Kendall's case, worse) that's the reality of modeling these days.  When Tyra started this show she mentioned trying to take back fashion magazines from celebs.  Last year's Vogue September issue had Kendall on the cover.  It's supposedly the "big" fashion issue of the year.  Nor can we forget that Kim K and Kanye were once on a Vogue cover.  Some would blame Anna Wintour for this (giving the Kardashian/Jenner clan) fashion clout but at the end of the day, the same reason that celebs replaced models on covers, is to sell copy.  Celebs sell more issues than models these days and now you have social media added into the mix.  It's very common today for models to be encouraged by their agencies to have a social media presence.  There are some models who are fighting that though and don't have them but they are the rarities.

Funny that Law had recently said Tati might not have the face for pho'os or make up or something, because she looked like she wasn't wearing any, while the other one showed up looking Hollywood.  

WTG, India.  All the best to her.  

• Love 2

I'm so glad India won.  Stunned, but glad.  No one I like ever wins, whether they seem to be the best or not.  Someone else said something similar about never picking winners in an earlier post.  Me too!  I thought that was one of the better runway shows that they've had ever, even if I'd only vaguely heard of that singer.  Heard of the Blonds though, loved the clothes.  Man, IDK who Kyle and Cherish pissed off, but we only saw them for a hot minute.  Saw more of the back of Cherish's head than the rest of her.  I'm about 50/50 on this season.  50% happy the show is back because I've watched it forever, and 50% meh bored because well, social media vs. modeling.  If the show is going to go on, they need to find a better way to mesh those two.  I mean, it was yards better than Bryan Boy's extraneous presence and the equally nonsensical scoring, but still.  India came a long way during this cycle and I hope she is successful, because she seems like a lovely person. 

On ‎3‎/‎8‎/‎2017 at 11:13 PM, Marmiarmo said:

In my opinion, the right girl won for the right reasons.  My reality TV record is one of rooting for lost causes most of the time, so when I pick a winner, I'm thrilled.  

Yes, here it is!  This is me too!  I feel ya.

• Love 3
23 hours ago, Saintz said:

The Blonds have been on ANTM in the past I think, during Cycle 12. Celia won the challenge they were featured on and was able to keep her outfit and Allison's as a price IIRC.

Yes!  And the clothes they showed in that challenge were fabulous too!  I think that was the episode where Celia wore that great dress to judging and then preceded to make an idiot of herself.  I just remember thinking how I would have loved that dress.  I think I was a magpie in a previous life, I adore shiny, sparkly stuff...........