Type keyword(s) to search

S04.E07: Whitney Calls in Backup

• Start Topic

17 hours ago, Barb23 said:

I'm amazed Whit could sit comfortably at the picnic table at the BBQ place.  I would have loved to seen how many people it took to squeeze her on that bench.

Did you watch the Extra Fab? They showed a back view of her & her rear end covered the entire bench.

They also showed her eating for, I think, the first time this season. She had a HUGE helping of salad on her fork as she brought it to her mouth, maybe 2-3 times a normal size bite. I know one of the NC locals here -- bless all of y'all for the extra insights provided! -- said she ordered a salad called the Chopper. The bite I saw was absolutely drenched in Ranch dressing. She would probably have eaten fewer calories had she ordered ribs & gotten a doggy bag to take half the order home. She needs to learn portion size as well as how deadly so-called salad is if half of it is dressing, not veggies. (I also recall that the Chopper includes bacon.)

• Love 1
19 hours ago, Dot said:

Did you watch the Extra Fab? They showed a back view of her & her rear end covered the entire bench.

They also showed her eating for, I think, the first time this season. She had a HUGE helping of salad on her fork as she brought it to her mouth, maybe 2-3 times a normal size bite. I know one of the NC locals here -- bless all of y'all for the extra insights provided! -- said she ordered a salad called the Chopper. The bite I saw was absolutely drenched in Ranch dressing. She would probably have eaten fewer calories had she ordered ribs & gotten a doggy bag to take half the order home. She needs to learn portion size as well as how deadly so-called salad is if half of it is dressing, not veggies. (I also recall that the Chopper includes bacon.)

Restaurant salads are among the biggest offenders calorie-wise. I have a book called "Calorie King" and it has the calories contained in the foods from most restaurant chains, and many salads are between 900-1200 calories. That just should NOT happen. Things like cream based dressings, cheese, fried meats--all destroy a salad and most people have no clue

I like to use the juices from sautéed meats as part of my version of "dressing" on homemade salads. Might add a touch of soy sauce or ginger and it keeps the salad what it is meant to be--healthy. 

• Love 1
On ‎3‎/‎8‎/‎2017 at 1:11 PM, Ketzel said:

Not just implied. Whitney talks repeatedly about how she was a dancer until PCOS shut her down (by forcing her to gain weight, get depressed and stop attending her dance classes in college.) Now she keeps referring (un-ironically) to her "dance career." She made a teaching video.  She's been paid to do "choreography" for a wedding. She made those raunchy videos with Fitty Smallz (in which Todd also appeared, at least in the 'Gluteus Maximus' one. )Before the show, she charged money for attending the BGDC.  She performed  and accepted an award for being a dance "inspiration" from the Sarasota Museum of Dance. (Okay, that one was a fake for the show, but still.) And she refers to Todd as her "eternal partner."  I think she does think of herself, however delusionally,  as a professional dancer.

I'll give you Todd,  at least as far what he has said on the show. Unlike Whitney, he doesn't seem overly invested in a non-existent "dance career." Although I do believe he went to New York City to break into musical theatre, and I would  expect that he must have been exposed to some level of professional dance training while there. 

I don't know if it's been said elsewhere, but Todd is actually a very talented singer. So if he went to New York, chances are it was for the "musical" part of musical theater.

• Love 1

Sarasota Museum of Dance? What? I lived in SRQ for ten years. I was very immersed in the arts community i.e. improv, burlesque, drag, theater, opera, music, you name it. No fucking clue what that is. Which episode was thgthgat on?

5 hours ago, spankydoll said:

Sarasota Museum of Dance? What? I lived in SRQ for ten years. I was very immersed in the arts community i.e. improv, burlesque, drag, theater, opera, music, you name it. No fucking clue what that is. Which episode was thgthgat on?

Season 02 Episode 16. It was a two hour special called "Whitney Live #NoBS" that aired on November 5, 2015. But it was Saratoga, not Sarasota (My typo originally, sorry.)

The only reason I remember this so well is that I had stopped watching after seeing a couple of episodes of the first season. I was so appalled by what I then thought was this basically nice and well-meaning woman being mercilessly mocked by TLC without, apparently, understanding what was going on.   Out of the blue, I got a furious email from a dancer friend who had seen this particular "special" and who had a whole different take on Whitney's character and behavior.

I posted her email at the time (with her permission) and also kept it, so I had a quick reference point!

Edited by Ketzel
  • Love 1
6 hours ago, spankydoll said:

The OP made a typo.  It was Saratoga Museum of Dance.  the whole thing was still completely contrived for the show.  But it looked like somewhat of a legitimate place.

It's interesting that, in retrospect, the only even borderline legitimate-appearing groups that Whitney has been honored/invited/hosted by were most likely booked before Season One even aired.  On paper, Whitney's story sounds better than she presents in person.  And since the show has started airing she seems to be reduced to the completely contrived bullshit that has filled this entire third season.

• Love 1
59 minutes ago, Alapaki said:

The OP made a typo.  It was Saratoga Museum of Dance.  the whole thing was still completely contrived for the show.  But it looked like somewhat of a legitimate place.

It's interesting that, in retrospect, the only even borderline legitimate-appearing groups that Whitney has been honored/invited/hosted by were most likely booked before Season One even aired.  On paper, Whitney's story sounds better than she presents in person.  And since the show has started airing she seems to be reduced to the completely contrived bullshit that has filled this entire third season.

To be completely pedantic -- I'm a former h.s. English teacher -- it's actually the National Museum of Dance and Hall of Fame, which is located in Saratoga.

• Love 2

I'm late on this but I've been trying to catch the episode and keep missing it, so I'll have to ask those of you who saw it. How did they wrap up the Amanda situation? I saw the awkward 'the feeling is mutual' clip but then next ep, it's as though Whitney's Big Gay Adventure never happened. Did one of them change their mind? Is Amanda a lesbian, did they ever clarify? Did they dramatically break up on screen? I'm sort of bummed I missed it. Thanks in advance! 

46 minutes ago, Pachengala said:

I'm late on this but I've been trying to catch the episode and keep missing it, so I'll have to ask those of you who saw it. How did they wrap up the Amanda situation? I saw the awkward 'the feeling is mutual' clip but then next ep, it's as though Whitney's Big Gay Adventure never happened. Did one of them change their mind? Is Amanda a lesbian, did they ever clarify? Did they dramatically break up on screen? I'm sort of bummed I missed it. Thanks in advance! 

Twit, Todd & Ashley meet for manicures; Twit also has a pedi, poor manicurist. Todd giggles while Twit tells Ashley about The Big Kiss. At that moment Amanda phones to ask Twit to have coffee with her.

At the coffeehouse Twit tells Amanda she could totally imagine dating Amanda. Amanda says she feels the same way (while looked pained at having to recite those lines). But she's leaving the next day, so they mutually agree a romance is hopeless. Amanda leaves, Twit looks sad, that's it.

Later Twit tells Buddy it was the best kiss she ever had.

• Love 1
3 hours ago, Dot said:

Twit, Todd & Ashley meet for manicures; Twit also has a pedi, poor manicurist. Todd giggles while Twit tells Ashley about The Big Kiss. At that moment Amanda phones to ask Twit to have coffee with her.

At the coffeehouse Twit tells Amanda she could totally imagine dating Amanda. Amanda says she feels the same way (while looked pained at having to recite those lines). But she's leaving the next day, so they mutually agree a romance is hopeless. Amanda leaves, Twit looks sad, that's it.

Later Twit tells Buddy it was the best kiss she ever had.

Thank you @Dot for taking the time to type that out--sounds like the regular plot contrivances we're used to from Whit's 'reality show'!