Type keyword(s) to search

And Yet I Survived: Stupid Stuff I Got Away With

• Start Topic

Anybody else whose childhood self would hover around the kitchen like a starving dog when mom or grandma made a cake so you could lick the spoon and bowl?

Because batter with raw eggs is never a problem to eat.

• Love 14
50 minutes ago, Lord Donia said:

Anybody else whose childhood self would hover around the kitchen like a starving dog when mom or grandma made a cake so you could lick the spoon and bowl?

My mother had an electric mixer with two beaters.  My sister and I would each get one.

• Love 8
1 hour ago, Qoass said:

I sure hope she turned it off first.

Heh heh heh. 

In the fraternity kitchen, we had a commercial sized mixer. Imagine a Kitchen Aid stand mixer with the paddle attachment, and then picture it bolted to the floor, standing about 4 1/2 feet high, and the bowl and the paddle about three times larger. One of the guys from the class two years older than my class said to us during hell week, "If one of you guys can old on to this for five seconds when I turn it on, we'll shorten hell week by one day."

Nobody took him up on that offer, since two broken arms didn't sound like a particularly good idea.

Come to think of it, I could fill up several pages of this thread with things I witnessed and occasionally participated in during those four years. But it's probably better if I don't document it and just save those stories for when we get together every year.

Edited by JTMacc99
  • Love 7
2 hours ago, JTMacc99 said:

Heh heh heh. 

In the fraternity kitchen, we had a commercial sized mixer. Imagine a Kitchen Aid stand mixer with the paddle attachment, and then picture it bolted to the floor, standing about 4 1/2 feet high, and the bowl and the paddle about three times larger. One of the guys from the class two years older than my class said to us during hell week, "If one of you guys can old on to this for five seconds when I turn it on, we'll shorten hell week by one day."

Nobody took him up on that offer, since two broken arms didn't sound like a particularly good idea.

Come to think of it, I could fill up several pages of this thread with things I witnessed and occasionally participated in during those four years. But it's probably better if I don't document it and just save those stories for when we get together every year.

I never understood all the sorority/ frat hell week stuff. It seems (from what little I saw)  like folks got off on torturing people who really got hurt, injured, humiliated. I just don't get it.

I understand that you don't want to document it, but I admit now I'm curious. :-)

• Love 4
2 hours ago, JTMacc99 said:

Heh heh heh. 

People like this are why I refused to join a fraternity when I was in college. There's a reason for the saying "stupid frat boys".

• Love 3

It was obviously a joke. That's why I tell the story. It's just as ridiculous as the idea of a mother letting her children lick the beaters while they were still connected to the mixer.

Nobody was ever actually going to attempt to grab hold of a commercial grade mixer. That would have been insane. Thus: funny. 

• Love 5
37 minutes ago, JTMacc99 said:

It was obviously a joke. That's why I tell the story. It's just as ridiculous as the idea of a mother letting her children lick the beaters while they were still connected to the mixer.

Nobody was ever actually going to attempt to grab hold of a commercial grade mixer. That would have been insane. Thus: funny. 

Hee. I knew your mixer thing was a joke. I was taking it a step further to rag on the frat/sorority stuff. Which brings me to....

There was a sorority in my high school and of course many in college. For the high school one (and this qualifies as an I survived bc I skipped it)  there were a bunch of mean girls and extreme , hateful bullies (not to me, but others.) Those girls  were.. well I won't go into it in detail, but I wanted NO PART OF IT. They came to our home to rush me or whatever the term is.

My mother stopped speaking to me for days because I didn't want to join.

Those girls were a bunch of bitches and that is an understatement. They screwed the whole football team and it was no secret  -- among other things. Some were in the tenth grade for the third time. I'm not casting aspersions on all sorority events,  of course, but this particular sorority was BAD. (And there was only one in this instance.)  I was already on the dance team and my plate was full, imo. But I got the silent treatment bc I didn't want to join . *sigh* But that's my mother's go-to thing whenever someone doesn't do with their own life what she chooses( for someone else's life.. )

Edited by ari333
  • Love 3
36 minutes ago, JTMacc99 said:

Well, I was really referencing all the things you're reluctant to articulate and record in a semi-permanent medium. Fraternities and sororities tend to be the epitome of group-think failures. If you need proof of this, look no further than SAE.

• Love 3
1 minute ago, MrSmith said:

Well, I was really referencing all the things you're reluctant to articulate and record in a semi-permanent medium. Fraternities and sororities tend to be the epitome of group-think failures. If you need proof of this, look no further than SAE.

I don't know what SAE is, but I've seen a lot of scary stuff on tv - documentaries and whatnot. Some survived, and some didn't. It was alcohol poisoning in some of the cases. And hypothermia. I survived by skipping the whole thing. :-)

Again, I'm not suggesting that all of them are bad.

I had a long term bf who went to college about an hour away. He was one year ahead of me. He had good grades and a promising future it seemed. He joined a frat . His grades went to shit. He became an alcoholic and failed out of school. Not saying that wouldn't have happened anyway, just sad.

I just recall that he spent a lot of time memorizing stupid shit like the brothers' first, middle and last names and place of birth etc that he didn't go to class. Also, he spent class and study time polishing brothers' shoes which were never polished "enough " and doing their laundry by hand and cleaning the bathrooms with a toothbrush. "Do it again. " He survived, but barely. No college, unemployed for a long time. He ended up selling telephone book ads. (Back when folks used telephone books. ) NOt that that is not honest work, but.... let me shutty. I guess I got a bad impression of the whole thing. I'm sure there is another happy side. I just didn't see it.

• Love 1
19 hours ago, Lord Donia said:

It's sad that our food is not as safe as it once was. 

• Love 2
On 3/29/2017 at 6:36 PM, Lord Donia said:

I didn't just watch - I helped mix the batter with one of those eggbeater whirly thingys and a whisk before we had electric mixers.  And ate the batter.  And had egg nog made with raw eggs all the time - usually with a little port or brandy.  All during my childhood - or should I say, my misspent youth.  And have never been hospitalized. 

9 hours ago, JTMacc99 said:

That could be another intro to Six Feet Under, though.  ;-)

• Love 7

I still eat raw batter and Thanksgiving turkey is stuffed. I like to live on the edge.

On the other hand, I'm pretty sure I'm not going to survive this giant moth that has taken up residence in my ceiling light. I'm going to have to leave the light on all night and hope it doesn't move. 

• Love 12
17 minutes ago, theredhead77 said:

I still eat raw batter and Thanksgiving turkey is stuffed. I like to live on the edge.

On the other hand, I'm pretty sure I'm not going to survive this giant moth that has taken up residence in my ceiling light. I'm going to have to leave the light on all night and hope it doesn't move. 

Thanksgiving turkey is purchased the day after for pennies on the dollar, and cooked for the critters (I may eat some crispy skin, or sufficiently blackened pan drippings, on occasion).

Any of my cats would have made mincemeat out of your giant moth in a hot minute.  Your ceiling light, however,  may have suffered collateral damage.  ;-)

• Love 7
5 minutes ago, walnutqueen said:

Any of my cats would have made mincemeat out of your giant moth in a hot minute.  Your ceiling light, however,  may have suffered collateral damage.  ;-)

The cAT-AT tried but I have 10ft ceilings and he can't get up there. I can't find the thread I posted in but I pay in booze for bug removal.

• Love 4
52 minutes ago, theredhead77 said:

The cAT-AT tried but I have 10ft ceilings and he can't get up there. I can't find the thread I posted in but I pay in booze for bug removal.

I'm there, with unreachable bug-killing paraphernalia.  What's your address?

P.S. I don't do rum, Baileys or Galiano. Or anything anisey or pepperminty.  Probably not cinnamony either.  :-)  

• Love 2
30 minutes ago, walnutqueen said:

I'm there, with unreachable bug-killing paraphernalia.  What's your address?

P.S. I don't do rum, Baileys or Galiano. Or anything anisey or pepperminty.  Probably not cinnamony either.  :-)  

Beer? Vodka? Fuck fireball and all the cinnamon drinks.

• Love 3
6 minutes ago, theredhead77 said:

Beer? Vodka? Fuck fireball and all the cinnamon drinks.

Vodka. Scotch. Whiskey. Gin. Tequila (all unflavored). Fuck the mixers, too, unless they're organic or Schweppes Tonic, eh.  Glacier ice cubes optional.  Beer & wine will do - I'm easy peasey (although these days I'd trade them all for cat food, smokes & a good cup of coffee!).  :-)

• Love 5
8 hours ago, walnutqueen said:

Thanksgiving turkey is purchased the day after for pennies on the dollar

Smart. We buy free range turkey, which is typically also organic, because I prefer dark meat and free range turkeys have more dark meat. (Helps that they taste better, too, than Jennie-O, Butterball, and other store-bought brands.) Of course, it also helps there's a turkey farm not 30 minutes from us and so we get it a little cheaper. This year we're planning to also do wild boar, bison, and elk, in addition to the turkey. (Her family is coming to our house for Thanksgiving.) Should be delicious!

• Love 3

My white, middle class suburban high school girlfriends and I went through a shoplifting phase. Mostly clothes. None of us got caught and at some point we realized it was stupid even though we got away with it.

• Love 5
On 3/30/2017 at 2:35 PM, forumfish said:

I have always eaten raw cake batter, cookie dough, pie crust dough, bread dough, etc.

I've made entire batches of cookie dough that never saw the inside of an oven.  I make little balls like I'm going to make actual cookies, and put them in the freezer and eat them like that.  Yum.

I also like my meat very rare, including hamburgers.  I'm not into beer, but I do like going to brew pubs because sometimes when you ask for a rare hamburger they'll actually make it rare.

That said, when I was in college I was frying some bacon and was just too damn hungry and ate a piece of it raw, and found out later that's a big no-no and have never done it since.

• Love 3
7 minutes ago, StatisticalOutlier said:

I also like my meat very rare, including hamburgers.  I'm not into beer, but I do like going to brew pubs because sometimes when you ask for a rare hamburger they'll actually make it rare.

I prefer my red meat like it took a stroll through a warm kitchen. I've found a couple places that will cook it actually rare as I like it. Shockingly one of those was inside Disneyland (one of the sit-down places on Main Street).

Moth update: I went to turn my light timer light on and the moth was no longer in the light. I can't find it. We had massive winds last night so I locked the cats in the back-half of my house with me. No moth this AM. When I came home there was a random streak of dirt on the couch; I'm going to say the cats found it and now it's gone.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, auntlada said:

The children locked themselves into the playroom at Grammy and Granddad's house. It was an accident (the lock was a button in the middle of the knob), and they did not understand what we were telling them about unlocking it. (They were about 3 or 4.) I unlocked it not with a card, but with a bobby pin because the lock did not use tumblers.

From the Things That Happen on TV thread: 

Ahh, childhood memories! There were four of us close in age and we fought constantly, especially during the hours we got home from school, but Mom wasn't home from work yet. Usually, three of us would gang up on the instigator to clobber them (or try - and all of us were the instigator at times). That kid would race down the hall and lock themselves into a bedroom. If they were really smart, they'd have the key with them. But even if they did, a straightened bobby pin would work in a pinch. So then it was a contest whether or not they could hold the button in with more force than the kid pushing on the pin. And the other two would helpfully pound on the door and yell. We actually loosened up the framing around the doors.

• Love 2

Oh, mercy. The litany of sibling injuries, both accidental and purposeful.

My two-year-old godson once pushed his baby brother, who was in a walker/bouncer, out the open sliding glass door* to the backyard. There was a step down to the concrete walkway at the side of the house, so the fall required an ER visit. And you know his older brother did it on purpose: "Man, I used to have this pad all to myself."

* Okay, yes. It was me but I only ducked out for a few seconds to put something in the garbage!!

• Love 3

The litany of sibling injuries, both accidental and purposeful.

I'm sure I've told this story on another thread here. I used to date a guy whose nose had clearly been broken in childhood and not set properly.   He repeatedly recounted how he had climbed on the kitchen counter as a toddler to reach the cookies and fell off.  He was telling the story yet again when his older sister was in the room.  "Do you still believe that?" she asked. "Let me tell you really happened.  I hated you. So I dropped you on your face."

• LOL 1
  • Love 6

When I was kid, I think even as young as 9 or 10, my mom would let me go to the movies alone.  I'd look up what I wanted to see in the newspaper and she'd drive me and drop me off (with money), then be back about 2.5 hours later.  Never had any problems.  I did this for years, as I didn't always have friends to hang out with (I'm not really a big social person).

So when my oldest daughter (11) and her friend wanted to go to the movies, I said fine, just bring your sister, who was 9. I drove and dropped them off, then picked them up 2.5 hours later. they were fine, no problems.  I enjoyed 2.5 hours of quiet.

I then read on facebook a post by a mom I know who just let her 13 year old daughter go to the movies alone with a friend and she was all 'omg, this is so scary, I can't believe I'm allowing this.'  I just have to wonder, really?  

• Love 5

I noticed that one of the houses in our neighborhood now has wooden rungs nailed to one of their trees, with a zip line (including a handle-thing) strung between it and the next tree. Thirty feet off of the ground.

On Wednesday, March 29, 2017 at 7:33 PM, Bastet said:

I still eat raw dough any time I make cookies.  Between my immune system and the fact I use eggs from pastured chickens, I'm not worried.

I can remember snitching little pieces of raw hamburger on the occasions when my grandfather would cook hamburger steaks for dinner. Yet I survived!

Also, I first read that as "eggs from pasteurized chickens."

• Love 3
39 minutes ago, Sandman87 said:
On 3/29/2017 at 9:33 PM, Bastet said:

I can remember snitching little pieces of raw hamburger on the occasions when my grandfather would cook hamburger steaks for dinner. Yet I survived!

You just had a well developed palate - that was   beef tartare!

• Love 3

Oddly enough, I did have a well developed palate, what with all the different dishes that Mom would make. I was probably the only six year old in town who even knew what beef bolognese, coquilles St. Jacques, and Zurcher geschnetzeltes were.

• Love 2

It's really fun reading all of your stories but I have to ask - what's the danger with raw eggs now versus raw eggs 20 years ago? Is there something I should know? I assumed you could still eat raw hamburger meat or raw cookie dough so long as you haven't left it out on the counter or in a bowl unrefrigerated for too long.

I have to say, I was raised to be very careful so I can't claim to have had any of these experiences that the rest of you guys did, LOL. It sounds very freeing to have just been dropped off at the movie theaters to do as you please at the age of 11 or hitchhike to the beach. I wish we could trust people and let kids run free like that....

Does couch surfing at a total stranger's place or taking a cross-border lift with a stranger count? Okay then, maybe I have been a little daring at times...

• Love 3
51 minutes ago, DisneyBoy said:

what's the danger with raw eggs now versus raw eggs 20 years ago?

Per Google:

Salmonella enteritidis in chicken eggs mysteriously began to appear in many countries at about the same time in the late 1970s and early 1980s. One theory, by Andreas J. Bäumler, a microbiologist at the University of California, Davis, ties the bacterium’s emergence to the virtual eradication of two related strains of salmonella that make chickens sick. Once those strains were stamped out, through culling of infected birds, the theory goes, immunity to similar strains of salmonella decreased. That opened up a niche for enteritidis to thrive.

Apparently if there is an outbreak in a farm, the chickens can be vaccinated and the problem pretty much goes away.  

• Love 4

My friends and I would ride our bikes miles from our neighborhoods.  This was when we were probably from 13 to 16 years old, before we'd gotten our driver's licenses and before we could drive alone.  Some of the neighborhoods were "iffy" even way back then, no way would I allow girls of that age to go anywhere by themselves.  Sometimes I rode alone.  My hometown is around 200 to 250k population, so not really tiny. 

We would also go everywhere barefoot.  When riding, sometimes it got dicey as the road or street had a lot of rocks, pebbles, glass, or if it was hot, the dreaded asphalt pavement.  It was almost a badge of honor to have the dirtiest feet by the end of the day. 

There was a large neighborhood park nearby that had huge slides, swings, some other slide contraption that also had a canopy section on top - like a good 6 or more people could fit easily, with an open area underneath - people would hangout there and smoke or just hangout.  There were monkey bars on that contraption and we'd do all sorts of acrobatics on it.  No cushiony fake foam grass stuff or mulch underneath.  Bare ground with some rocks and sparse grass.  Also had a merry go round that was always a little off center, full size see saws, always doing crazy balancing on those.  They had huge box hockey boxes with mallets and balls that were large croquet type balls (you had to go to the park office to sign those out).  Sometimes those became weapons as we fought or started our own games.  

We also played with Jart, and I do recall being winged by a few of those, jumping out of the way before I got totally impaled.  Of course, I was barefoot, and the Jart would hit the side of my foot.

• Love 4

I always loved the original "Electric Company" from Day One and  I saw Rita Moreno write the word 'Stop' on a sign and walk out into the middle of a street causing traffic to start. Being an impressionable kid, I HAD to do this so I impulsively ran out of the house and decided to write that word on a sign. . .but I couldn't find a sign per se so I used the only flat surface I could find in my front yard- a rock!  Undeterred, I ran into the street holding up that rock in my hand sure that that would stop traffic but the only car in the street was driven by a man who mysteriously waved his hands in front of his face while vigorously shaking his head then suddenly backed up. Yep, through the mists of time I've come to realize that that poor man must have thought I was some junior street thug ready to smash in his windshield with said rock (and now that I think of it, the word 'stop' was barely visible on that rock even to me and I'd written it). How it was he didn't call the cops and have them charge me with attempted vandalism, I'm not sure. The things that come to mind after a hard day  at work when I really should be getting ready to turn in. . .

• Love 7

I can tell you a lot of kids drove when they were 11 or 12 living on a farm you had to drive.  I used to take my city cousins out to the corn field turn them around and lose them.....got my ass busted....locked my little sister in the chicken shed in 90 degree heat with no open door or window...boy she smelled...tied my sister to a tree and threw rotten eggs I found in the hay lotft at her...I was the indian and she was the cowgirl...tied to the stake...I got a whipping from the lady of the house and then she called my mom who drove the two miles over to their farm to get my sister ...then mom whipped me....told me to walk home and wait till dad got home...I took six hours to walk home....I went through every field and woods I could find...laid down and took a nap...got home and dad was waiting...the entire time he spanked me he was laughing....he told me I had quite a mean streak in me....he told me when I was 31 that he wasn't laughing at hitting me but how I came up with the idea I had.

Used to run off to the field unpeg the horse and jump on and ride till I got thrown off.  My sister and I would take an old blanket and flash light and the dog and go about 1 mile into the back woods and camp...we were may 6 and 10 who would let their kid do that now....we grew up and we do love each other

• Love 4

We seldom "walked" our dog back in the day. We let him out to roam and when he was done with his business, he'd come back and bark at the back door. I don't recall any neighbors complaining so I guess he either went in the fields near our house or everyone just considered poop in a yard to be "sh!t happens".

• Love 2
On 3/31/2017 at 9:02 PM, theredhead77 said:

I prefer my red meat like it took a stroll through a warm kitchen. I've found a couple places that will cook it actually rare as I like it. Shockingly one of those was inside Disneyland (one of the sit-down places on Main Street).

Moth update: I went to turn my light timer light on and the moth was no longer in the light. I can't find it. We had massive winds last night so I locked the cats in the back-half of my house with me. No moth this AM. When I came home there was a random streak of dirt on the couch; I'm going to say the cats found it and now it's gone.

I like my beef extremely rare. From raw, to Black and Bleu to very rare. I'm not above slicing up a fresh raw steak and just eating it piece by piece or wacking off a piece from a roast to have a taste.  I like my lamb and hamburgers very rare. I will eat uncooked bacon occasionally. Fish is raw or cooked. Game, pork and poultry are cooked throughly but never overcooked. I've got a good butcher so I know where the meat is coming from and my family hunts and raises livestock, sheep and cattle.

Beaters and spoons are to be licked. My raw oatmeal cookie dough has been served in bowls. It is obligatory to make extra stuffing just so it can be eaten raw.  I won't refrigerate potato salad after it is made as I still prefer it warm or room temp. 

Nobody has ever gotten sick from my food. I've only had food poisoning twice and that was from restaurants.

I still drink water from a hose and fountain and on occasion rub a piece of fruit or a tomato on my shirt to clean it before eating just like my grandpa did on his overalls.

My family taught me well about  food preservation. I ask questions of professional friends. I don't take stupid risks. I trust my education and judgement and not expiration dates when it comes to food and medication. 

And still I live.

P.S. Just because it recently proved my point in another conversation I had...http://www.npr.org/sections/health-shots/2017/07/18/537257884/that-drug-expiration-date-may-be-more-myth-than-fact

Edited by Giselle
  • Love 4

So many stupid things I did my Freshman and Sophomore year of high school from drinking underage, smoking, and the several guys I had sex with before I was even close to being ready to have sex. Yes I survived this, but it led to labeling me throughout my high school days as someone who was easy even when later in my Junior and Senior year when I started changing. I am glad those days are over and behind me and it was my own stupid fault that they happened. I guess I am posting this not really for myself, but if there are high school kids on here to think about there actions so possibly they don't have to go through the same shit I had to.

• Love 3

While I opt for medium rare myself, I always enjoyed Nigella Lawson's comment that her steak;'s doneness was nothing a good veterinarian couldn't cure.

Thank goodness how many people you've slept with stops being a defining characteristic once you've left school.

• Love 3

I like my steak Medium Rare as well.

@Qoass How many guys I slept with during high school will never go away and I can never go back and take any of that past away. The only thing I can do is move forward and learn from my past. Does that mean I have never experienced sex since high school, definitely not. The thing is my relationships I choose to engage in have more meaning now than the ones back in high school and I am also much more emotionally stable to handle those sort of things where I am at in life now then I was at 14 and 15 years old.

Edited by Cherry Bomb
35 minutes ago, Cherry Bomb said:

So many stupid things I did my Freshman and Sophomore year of high school from drinking underage, smoking, and the several guys I had sex with before I was even close to being ready to have sex. Yes I survived this, but it led to labeling me throughout my high school days as someone who was easy even when later in my Junior and Senior year when I started changing. I am glad those days are over and behind me and it was my own stupid fault that they happened. I guess I am posting this not really for myself, but if there are high school kids on here to think about there actions so possibly they don't have to go through the same shit I had to.

Herpes.  HPV.  Before we even knew they existed, and all we worried about was pregnancy and crabs.  Thankfully my slutdom ended before the age of AIDS.

Why Yes, I AM that old - see the dinosaur avatar!  :-)

• Love 7
19 minutes ago, walnutqueen said:

Herpes.  HPV.  Before we even knew they existed, and all we worried about was pregnancy and crabs.  Thankfully my slutdom ended before the age of AIDS.

Why Yes, I AM that old - see the dinosaur avatar!  :-)

I put my parents through hell during my Freshman and Sophomore year and there are still nights I sit and cry about it because they are now both gone. I am lucky I never got any of these diseases and also pregnant. I did use condoms most of the time, but not always. Like I said I would not indulge in this personal past shit unless I thought there might be one person here that might be 14, 15, 16 ,17 years old that might read this and have it in the back of their heads. 

• Love 4
50 minutes ago, Cherry Bomb said:

I put my parents through hell during my Freshman and Sophomore year and there are still nights I sit and cry about it because they are now both gone. I am lucky I never got any of these diseases and also pregnant. I did use condoms most of the time, but not always. Like I said I would not indulge in this personal past shit unless I thought there might be one person here that might be 14, 15, 16 ,17 years old that might read this and have it in the back of their heads. 

Unfortunately, just like you & me and anyone else who cares to chime in, our words of wisdom, caution & experience fall on deaf young ears.   It's the way of the world.

• Love 5
1 minute ago, walnutqueen said:

Unfortunately, just like you & me and anyone else who cares to chime in, our words of wisdom, caution & experience fall on deaf young ears.   It's the way of the world.

Unfortunately, you are correct. I think it is more a learning experience that teens have to go through. I had to go through it, you did, and many others. 

• Love 3
1 hour ago, Cherry Bomb said:

Unfortunately, you are correct. I think it is more a learning experience that teens have to go through. I had to go through it, you did, and many others. 

Yeah, but now my peeps need to use condoms and run a background check on their prospective sexual partners ... back in the "Age of Love" , some of us fucked, and lived to tell those tales.

• Love 3
2 hours ago, Cherry Bomb said:

I had sex later then all my friends. One of the reasons was they all told me that in retrospect, they would have waited.  

• Love 3
5 minutes ago, walnutqueen said:

Yeah, but now my peeps need to use condoms and run a background check on their prospective sexual partners ... back in the "Age of Love" , some of us fucked, and lived to tell those tales.

Yeah, I understand that was a much different time then and there is a lot more information on safe sex practices. Still kids and me being one of them back not so long ago still fucked up in there judgement and it still happens today. Same can be said for smoking cigarettes. Older people can say why do kids these days start smoking with all the information out there that is is so harmful. It is because of peer pressure and also lack of judgement. Same thing with sex. For me as I am not in a place to speak on any other teen but myself it was because my other teen friends were getting drunk, smoking, and having sex. Most of the time thank God I had at least decent enough good judgement to use a condom, but there were a few times I didn't and it could have hit me with major consequences. 

• Love 3