Type keyword(s) to search

S24: Nick Viall - Giving A Rose To DWTS

• Start Topic

Nicholas "Nick" Viall was a contestant on [The Bachelorette (Season 10)|season 10]] and season 11 of The Bachelorette where he was runner up to both Andi Dorfman and Kaitlyn Bristowe. He later appeared on the third season of Bachelor in Paradise. On August 30, 2016, he was announced as the next bachelor on Bachelor in Paradise: After Paradise.

ABC-Nick-Viall-Peta-Murgatroyd-DWTS-ml-170228_4x3_992.jpg

He has grown on me some.  I think he has rhythm and with Peta.....if he settles the nerves he could do well.  I do not however care for his fiancé lol  I think they r both using each other. The lack of chemistry is so in the face.  ok ok I know

• Love 1

I was pleasantly surprised at how well he did.  He has some rhythym, and he learned the geography. I like his goofy antics, as long as they are genuine and not just for the camera.  I liked his comment on how he wants to aim the bar higher than just being the best bachelor on the show.

ETA: The judges didn't think he was too bad either. They gave him constructive criticism, which they only do to people who have potential and some actual ability to dance.

Edited by Ripley68
  • Love 2

Chris Soules came in 5th, Sean Lowe came in 6th and Jake Pavelka came in 7th.   Ick will have to beat out a lot of talented women and a couple of guys to do better than Chris.  I don't see it happening.  

• Love 1
3 hours ago, Meadow said:

He was a decent dancer, but I'm curious... besides all of these Bachelor shows, does this guy have a real job?

He's launching an online men's grooming business called Polished Gent next month. Apparently he's been working on it since August. Before (and between) the reality career he was a software salesman at Salesforce.

• Love 1

I watched Nick's dance and I thought he did fine as far as the dance mechanics go, but he needs to work on the performance/expressive aspect of it. He was probably concentrating on getting the moves right.

I enjoyed Nick's performance. With Peta at the helm this pair will steadily improve. As I have wandered around various DWTS forums I noticed that that Nick is getting very favourable reviews for the most part. That likely ticks off the anti Nick faction. Nick and Peta are getting some of my votes.

• Love 3

While Nick is not a "star", I do think he's what the show was about way back when: someone who had little to no dance training learning to dance and is willing to improve.  He's not going to win.  BUT I do think he can keep the beat, his lines are getting better and he's taking the feedback to heart and working on it.  I won't be angry if he made it to the finals because I can safely say he would have earned that spot, especially when he's always going on pretty early in the show. 

• Love 8

I am very, very proud of Nick. I never watched The Bachelor so I have no ties with him as a celebrity, but on this show, he has shown more growth than any of the others. He started out mediocre and he's shown real promise since. I really want him to outlast Bonner and David. Hey, if the last four eliminations have gone my way, why can't the rest?

Unfortunately, I get the feeling that the voters are not on my side and Bonner won't be leaving next. 

• Love 3
(edited)

I'm really proud of Nick. Throughout the season he always worked so hard to improve and his passion/commitment to the show always shone through his dances. Every week I saw him become more and more calm and confident in his abilities and I felt like he ended his run with his most fearless/self-assured performances of the competition. He might not have been the best dancer of the group but, in my opinion, he was definitely the most improved. I loved his partnership with Peta; their banter and playful energy will be sorely missed. And as a Nick supporter, I can say that he definitely did not disappoint me; in fact, I don't think I've ever been happier to call myself a fan. :) 

Well done, Nick (and Peta)! Congrats on an amazing season and an even better journey! 

Team BabygotBach for life! :) 

Edited by 1992austenlover
  • Love 4
2 minutes ago, nic said:

not surprised by his elimination, but i thought he won that dance off

Agreed about the dance off. He's had a few messy dances and I would pretend his solo didn't have problems tonight, but I thought he did a good rumba and should have easily won the dance off.

• Love 4
(edited)

ps. I'm pissed that Bonner outlasted Nick but for some reason I saw it coming. And yeah, I was surprised that he won the dance-off when I really thought that the judges would have been more impressed with Nick's fluidity and hip action--not to mention the fact that he was actually leading his partner as opposed to simply let his partner dance circles around him...but to each their own. 

Edited by 1992austenlover
  • Love 3

I am incredibly glad to have him OFF my screen and off the show.  Now hopefully he won't ruin any other shows I like, because his 10 minutes are up. 

Until he breaks up with his rent-a-fiancee, that is.  That will give him another 45 seconds of "fame". 

(edited)

I never thought Nick was bad and that compilation above just solidified that for me.  He was woefully underscored and overly criticized every week.  He clearly wasn't the most talented out there but he definitely has some rhythm and musicality and he really did seem to want to be good.   And he makes me laugh.. I'm into his sense of humor.   

Edited by GracieK
  • Love 3

I don't watch the Bachelor so I don't know how Nick was on that show.  I thought he was the most improved out of all the contestants.  I also thought he was a hard worker and was funny.   I definitely preferred him to stay over Bonner.  David is likeable too but I think Nick is a better dancer.

• Love 3