Type keyword(s) to search

S24: Nancy Kerrigan - Skating Rings Around Her Rivals

• Start Topic

What's really annoying is that some of our worst fears after the cast announcement were totally proven correct. So many strong female contestants just meant that they're all under extra scrutiny and being judged harshly by the public, while nothing's expected of the men and they get applauded for breathing. Three of the four strong women (Heather, Nancy and Normani) also don't have the harmless, cutesy "aw shucks" persona the general audience likes in their female celebrities, and of course you've got trouble brewing...Man, just once I would have liked to be wrong about this. But it's always the same.

• Love 2
(edited)

5 hours ago, katha said:

Man, just once I would have liked to be wrong about this. But it's always the same.

Well, at least we had Paige.

Boy, gone are the days when being an Olympic figure skater carried some weight in the votes. Bonner is the type that fits right in the main demographic, but to me, Nancy seemed equally if not more aligned AND is a much better dancer. Part of me even thought, fanbase-wise, Nancy might have even been able to challenge Normani, but I guess I was waaaay off.

Edited by calipiano81
  • Love 2
9 hours ago, RedFiat said:

Gawd I hate being right.  I loved this partnership and I hate the show has killed everything I ever liked about it. 

It isn't the show's fault that the audience loves them hillbillies. This is the way it has always been. Why are people so surprised?

(edited)
2 hours ago, boyznkatz said:

It isn't the show's fault that the audience loves them hillbillies. This is the way it has always been. Why are people so surprised?

Nothing surprises me about the American voter. 

Edited by RedFiat
  • Love 1

Well, I voted for the first time ever in the middle of the show last night...for Nick and Nancy. Lol. Guess those were a flush! 

Bummed that Nancy went before David and Bonner, neither one of them can dance for shit. 

Nancy appeared to be shrinking week by week, she really lost a lot of weight. She wasn't big to begin with, but she's downright tiny now. 

• Love 2