Type keyword(s) to search

S21.E10: Week 10/S21.E11: The Women Tell All

• Start Topic

10. Nick takes the final three women on dates. One lucky lady goes with Nick to a reindeer farm, where they discuss their future in front of a roaring fire. Another beauty joins Nick for a plunge into icy waters and then a quick warm up in a sauna and hot tub.

11. Nick Viall faces some of the most memorable bachelorettes he sent home as they discuss the season. Also: bloopers from the season; and a sneak peek at the emotional final week of Nick's journey.

Raven's post-date vignette was so corny...it was so embarrassing to watch. 

Rachel - it was interesting to see how he said that goodbye to Rachel after the conversation he had with her. I feel like he gave her the most obvious assurance of his feelings compared to Vanessa, Corinne and Raven, yet she was the one that went home. I still see their relationship as a great chemistry of friendship. I know that each season it always attracts candidates that want to be on TV but I hope they find some really solid candidates for her season. 

How does Vanessa keep getting roped into these crazy date experiences? Seeing Vanessa cry over the state of her relationship with Nick over the past couple of episodes was super annoying but every time I see these dates with her and Nick, I'm reminded why I pegged her to win this. It's seems very easy between them and I think Vanessa is getting the serious, boring girl with family baggage edit so that she doesn't seem like an obvious choice. I was watching an interview with Alexis and Jasmine and both of them said the same thing - that Nick and Vanessa were a lot alike - I would have never pegged that based on seeing the limited physical interactions I've seen with them. I do like that they didn't ignore the things that were flagged from the hometown date and continued the conversation. Vanessa, please stop crying. 

You can tell Rachel and Vanessa didn't like each other. Raven got a two arm, full on hug while Vanessa and Rachel did a one arm back pat, lol.

Rachel and Vanessa looked stunning at the rose ceremony. Loved their dresses. Do the final 2 get to go shopping for a proposal dress or do they wear something they actually bought from home? 

• Love 5

Who is this Josephine chick grasping for relevancy this late? Trying to hop on Team Corrine to win herself some airtime. So sick of the Corrine show. Can they move on to some other discussion?

• Love 14
20 minutes ago, FlyingEgret said:

Those bathing suits must have been made of steel-lined neoprene - not a nip in sight...

No bathing suit in the world could hide Nick's bare ass hanging out of his shorts in bed with Rachel though...

• Love 1

Are these girls really defending Corinne ? I get that Taylor has her issues and is prob a bitch but did these girls watch corinnes season of the bachelor where she made fun of all of them and manipulated every situation ? And then Corinne has to make a scene as usual to get champagne from back stage . I really hate how this show focuses on one crazy per season and beats it to death .

The girl Josephine has to be one of the ugliest girls I've ever seen and she needs to stay off my tv please 

• Love 16

Now I know why Rachel was announced as the next Bachelorette half way through the season.  Nick was never going to take her home to his family let alone pick her.  I think he just wanted to sleep with her.  Given that an African-American contestant has never made it to the fantasy suite, the producers were probably afraid of a backlash.  I am looking forward to seeing her as the Bachelorette.  I think she is going to do well.

With regards to "The Corinne Show":  To the bachelorette in the gold dress with the blue lipstick and Jasmine G, no one knows who you are or cares; so just STFU.  I must have missed it the first time, but did I just hear Corinne compare herself to Abraham Lincoln and Michael Jordan?

• Love 8

I wish I was one of those people who found Corinne entertaining. Maybe then I wouldn't be so bitter about the way she ate this season (or more accurately, the way the producers allowed her to eat this season). She's not smart, interesting, or attractive enough to have warranted all the screen time she got. I wish she'd go away and live her life, but of course, she'll be front and center on BIP. I think I'm gonna pass on the upcoming season.

Also, is Josephine related to Corinne? Her vociferous defense of Corinne all season long has been way over the top. And that mustard velvet dress and dark lipstick have scarred my retina.

Even though I knew Rachel was leaving tonight and I'm super excited for her Bachelorette season, I still felt sad when she left. I really liked watching her and Nick together. They were just fun, which is something that's been lacking this season.

• Love 19
17 minutes ago, Adeejay said:

Now I know why Rachel was announced as the next Bachelorette half way through the season.  Nick was never going to take her home to his family let alone pick her.  I think he just wanted to sleep with her.  Given that an African-American contestant has never made it to the fantasy suite, the producers were probably afraid of a backlash.  I am looking forward to seeing her as the Bachelorette.  I think she is going to do well.

With regards to "The Corinne Show":  To the bachelorette in the gold dress with the blue lipstick and Jasmine G, no one knows who you are or cares; so just STFU.  I must have missed it the first time, but did I just hear Corinne compare herself to Abraham Lincoln and Michael Jordan?

Unfortunately I did see that moment, although I missed many others.  Yes, she did utter Abraham and Michael.....lordy! 

Christina had me bawling.  So sweet, so eloquent, so smart, so gorgeous.  Given the pool of women Nick had to chose from, I am having a hard time understanding how Debbie Downer and Boring Betty are the F2. 

• Love 11

That girl Lacey should feel embarrassed . She's asking nick why he sent her home And was talking about another girl on their date when I guarantee he doesn't even remember who she is .... who is she ??? 

• Love 14
(edited)
2 hours ago, RHJunkie said:

Rachel - it was interesting to see how he said that goodbye to Rachel after the conversation he had with her. I feel like he gave her the most obvious assurance of his feelings compared to Vanessa, Corinne and Raven, yet she was the one that went home. I still see their relationship as a great chemistry of friendship. I know that each season it always attracts candidates that want to be on TV but I hope they find some really solid candidates for her season. 

Everything with Rachel tonight just reminded me how twisted this show really is. It really felt like Nick was told to force her to say she was falling in love with him because she was so cautious, knowing he would eliminate her because it would make her heartbreak that much more dramatic, which would better set her up as the next lead. The whole thing is just sadistic. 

2 hours ago, RHJunkie said:

How does Vanessa keep getting roped into these crazy date experiences? Seeing Vanessa cry over the state of her relationship with Nick over the past couple of episodes was super annoying but every time I see these dates with her and Nick, I'm reminded why I pegged her to win this. It's seems very easy between them and I think Vanessa is getting the serious, boring girl with family baggage edit so that she doesn't seem like an obvious choice.

And this is what I've been saying for weeks. Reading Sharleen's recaps is awesome because as someone who's been on the show, she's taught me a lot more of how the show works and particularly paying attention to body language and what actually comes out of people's mouths and not what's said in voice overs and other stuff which is of course highly edited. Because of that, I watched Nick and Vanessa's date tonight and while I can easily understand why some see them as incompatible or always disagreeing or just not fun, I saw the opposite.

For one thing, I feel like Nick and Vanessa's conversations always have this undertone of them being together is already a foregone conclusion and instead they're just hashing out the post-filming details. Nick tries to hide it with a lot of, "if we..." but so much of their conversations come across like they know they want to be together but aren't sure how it would work out in the real world. And while some may see their conversations as downer/confrontational, I think it's great that they were addressing the potential issues and talking them out. 

Can I just jump in then and run the fuck out?"  

Those little words were all it took for me to fall  in love with Vanessa just a little.

Yeah Vanessa has quite the potty mouth. She drops shit and f-bombs all over the place. 

Nick is really stupid. He deserves whomever he chooses (clearly Vanessa). 

If this is regarding his eliminating Rachel, would the better option have been to choose her because on paper she made a lot of sense but he wasn't really in love with her? We see how well that worked out for Jason Mesnick. 

Now I know why Rachel was announced as the next Bachelorette half way through the season.  Nick was never going to take her home to his family let alone pick her.  I think he just wanted to sleep with her.  Given that an African-American contestant has never made it to the fantasy suite, the producers were probably afraid of a backlash.

Except they still could have just waited and announced her as the lead tonight, at the WTA, so no time for any "backlash". And I'm sorry I don't get why there would have been a backlash or why we're jumping to the accusation that Nick only wanted to sleep with Rachel. Because honestly, what is really so different from Nick sending Rachel home at F3 like many other leads have done and often with someone they seemed to have a great connection with? Except of course that Rachel is black. Also, Nick's 7-year relationship was with an Indian woman. That's what he was referring to when telling Vanessa that he dated someone who was very traditional and whose family was very involved in the relationship. 

eta: Raven is a very odd looking woman. From some angles she's cute but other times, she has a very harsh look to her.

Edited by truthaboutluv
  • Love 17
(edited)

Nick and his sex noises in the cold water plunge really grossed me out! 

Oh but they have the ability to face their fears together.....

Edited by Meowwww
  • Love 2

Raven once again TMI with her sex life, though I did chuckle a bit in her post-coital glow musical montage walk through town.

If we didn't already know a month ago that Rachel was the Bachelorette, I probably would have been shocked that he sent her home, as he jumped all over her with a huge grin when she said she's falling in love, and he reciprocated that he's falling for her, too. But now I think the whole thing was producer-driven to make her the 'Ette. I realize that 98% of what we see on this show is producer-driven, but I feel like this is the first time it's obvious that they made the lead keep someone this far for spin-off purposes, because we saw NO REASON why he wouldn't pick her as top 2 the way he has always been with her and gushing about his feelings. Otherwise you always have to think of whomever is sent home after the overnights that they're not as good in the sack as the other two.

Oh, man, he's going to pick Vanessa despite the fact that neither will move and they both think compromise is important...as long as it's the other person compromising. At least that's the impression I got from their terse talk.

T-shirts spotted in the TWTA audience:

"Emotional intelligence is my jam"

"Intelligency" inside a no circle

"Make America Corrine Again" (at least) 4 t-shirts and 1 red hat

(bedazzled) "Vagine" with a down arrow

Full dolphin-shark costume

(Bedazzled) #team [obscured by clapping hands]

Love the sliced cucumber platter in Corrine's trailer, harkening back to Chad's cold cut platter.

Big anti-slut-shaming speech from Liz. Okay. But now we have a speech from Taylor about how she was "help shamed"?!? Come on! People, we've officially taken this anti-shaming shaming too far! Why is it only okay to shame someone for shaming someone else? For shame, you anti-shaming shamer!

I can't tell whose side these girls are on. First they were all yelling at Taylor. Now they're all yelling at Corrine. I forget who said it, but props to the girl who said, "Well, you're both condescending in your own ways." 

Cheese pasta!!! The greatest mystery in Bachelor History has been solved: It's literally just plain penne with some grated Parmesan on top. It's not even mixed in or melted or anything. This recipe is no more complicated than slicing cucumbers.

• Love 21
50 minutes ago, Jaclyn88 said:

Kristina should have been the bachelorette . She's beautiful and has depth to her . Would have been different than past seasons 

She's pretty but she's bland. I'm glad they picked Rachel. She has alot of personality. 

• Love 8
(edited)

I think Kristina is pretty but not extraordinary. I have quite a few Russian and Ukranian friends and definitely know people with some really harsh childhoods so I'm wondering if that's why I'm not so bowled over by her like everyone else.  I'm really glad it's Rachel.  The definition of someone different than what this franchise is used to.  

Rachel's dress when Nick dumped her was AMAZING.  I found Rachel to be so genuine in that moment.  I felt genuine sadness about it.  There was another dress that was great too, I think Vanessa's.  I was never a fan of Vanessa's but she was a 10 in that swimsuit.  I am very jealous.

Edited by Ms Blue Jay
  • Love 12

Well, that was like watching cats fight. Not sure why Taylor wanted to play the victim. If she's such a caring person, she probably should have gotten a job behind the scenes instead of subjecting everyone to her superior emotional intelligence crap.

Liz still came off badly. You turned down his request for your number, but decided 9 months later that he's the one?  And that empowered woman speech seemed very rehearsed. Just go away. 

I'd hang out with Alexis in a heartbeat, she seems like fun.   And probably Corinne too, she grew on me. 

• Love 10
(edited)

I loved Vanessa before, but her in the ice bath made me love her more. I had to do a 10 second cold water plunge before in cycles and was not as brave as her. One foot in and and I started jumping back out. 

How does Vanessa keep getting roped into these crazy date experiences? Seeing Vanessa cry over the state of her relationship with Nick over the past couple of episodes was super annoying but every time I see these dates with her and Nick, I'm reminded why I pegged her to win this. It's seems very easy between them and I think Vanessa is getting the serious, boring girl with family baggage edit so that she doesn't seem like an obvious choice.

I think so too, it seems like they're past the point in their relationship of dating and they're already at decision making on homes part. They're trying to put in all this drama and deep questions of their relationship to not give the whole thing away. 

I don't remember the dark lipstick Corinne cheerleader girl, but she was going for attention for this show. With all the trying to piggy back off all the Corinne focus and with that horrible lipstick.

Edited by Artsda
  • Love 4

Exactly what traditions and core values were Vanessa and Nick going on and on about? I was really confused. Seems like they were euphemisms for something else?   Was her Sunday tradition more than just getting together with her family every Sunday for three hours? Was it something faith based that they didn't want to say out loud?  And then they jumped into bed together? 

Mental health counselor shaming is my new favorite thing. Thank you Taylor. She must come from an area where not many people have advanced degrees so it's something of note – having a masters degree from Johns Hopkins is kind of a no-brainer around here – pardon the pun! 

I agree, I have always felt Raven is very odd looking – it's something about the huge forehead, and her eyes seem like they're upside down. 

• Love 17
2 minutes ago, awaken said:

Exactly what traditions and core values were Vanessa and Nick going on and on about? I was really confused. Seems like they were euphemisms for something else?   Was her Sunday tradition more than just getting together with her family every Sunday for three hours? Was it something faith based that they didn't want to say out loud?  And then they jumped into bed together? 

Mental health counselor shaming is my new favorite thing. Thank you Taylor. She must come from an area where not many people have advanced degrees so it's something of note – having a masters degree from Johns Hopkins is kind of a no-brainer around here – pardon the pun! 

I agree, I have always felt Raven is very odd looking – it's something about the huge forehead, and her eyes seem like they're upside down. 

Someone nailed it- Wednesday Addams from the Addams Family if you are old enough to remember that show!  Either her or the mother.  It was a ding ding moment for me.  

• Love 2
(edited)

Rachel's cut brought tears to my eyes. I too thought she was so genuine in the moment @MsBlueJay. Just very subdued and heartbroken. Nothing fake about it whatsoever. She really seems like she could carry a season well. Loved her at WTA when she got so cracked up over the shark costume in the audience. Nothing stuffy about her. So warm and real. I just hope she comes out of the b'ette not too damaged. No lead has every came out of this show unscathed.

I'm probably in the minority but I thought Raven's happy dance through town was sort of cute. Corny but cute. Guess now we know the answer to the speculation about Nick's lack of skills. 

I have thought for a long time that he would pick Vanessa because I could see from night one their obvious chemistry. Their strained conversation and stalemate had me doubting a little tonight but then I remembered how this show loves to do the bait and switch. So I still think she will be F1 but Nick needs to make sure she doesn't see any footage of his time with the other women. Can you imagine the tears?

Edited by yorklee2
  • Love 9
(edited)

If the producers hadn't spoiled their own show, I would've been shocked at Rachel being cut. She had the best chemistry with Nick of all the women. She's a gem. I hope that I don't like her less on her season, which is normally what happens when a contestant is picked to be the Bachelor/ette.

I can't fathom that Raven is in the Final Two. She looks like a member of the Addams family with her jet black hair and goth make-up, is 25, and her interests include mudding and shooting guns. Of course the 36-year-old aspiring actor in LA should pick her to be his wife! I think Nick will pick Vanessa. I think he loves that Vanessa is demanding and a little emotional -- you could practically see him getting turned on by that weird "I'm not traditional" conversation that I hope was edited because it made no sense. But how is Raven still here?

The Women Tell All was all filler and rehashing of storylines that weren't that exciting the first time around. Danielle L. exclaiming, "I'm so confused!" was just painful. Girl, let me clear it up for you: Nick loved your rack, but then realized you have the personality of a tree stump and he cut you.

My favorite sentence uttered in the whole thing: "Everyone knows Liz as someone who slept with Nick but I know Liz as someone who builds wells at orphanages."

Edited by Falafel
  • Love 19
40 minutes ago, yorklee2 said:

I'm probably in the minority but I thought Raven's happy dance through town was sort of cute. Guess now we know the answer to the speculation about Nick's lack of skills. 

NO, we don't.  We don't even know if they had sex.  We know what the producers want us to think.

I agree that Nick was instructed to keep asking Rachel about her feelings until she said the magic ILY words.  Because if she didn't "fall in love"  and get dumped, there's no tragic story for her comeback as the B'ette.

Raven is odd-looking.  And the extra eyelashes at the rose ceremony made her look even worse. 

Vanessa's dress at the rose ceremony was stunning. 

• Love 6

Raven's post date montage?  Girl, no.

All I needed was "Glory! Glory! Hallelujah!" playing softly in the background during Liz's impassioned speech.  Who did she think she was?  Girl, NO.

Who told Josephine it was a good idea to pair that dark ass lipstick with a...crushed velvet mustard colored dress?  Yeesh.  GIRL, NO.

• Love 23

"I may be white, but I'm still a minority." Oh, Nick.

I never saw Corinne as a villain, she was just an occasionally entertaining oversexed airhead to me. I didn't even mind the nanny talk during the show. But the way she said that she didn't want to "disrespect" Raquel by calling her a housekeeper really rubbed me the wrong way. I happen to think that everyone who makes an honest living is worthy of respect.

I remember there were rumors about Rachel and Vanessa not getting along and that they had fights that weren't shown in order to avoid making the future Bachelorette and the potential F1 look bad. I've also noticed Rachel being frosty towards Vanessa in the last few rose ceremonies. In light of that, I thought it was very telling that the 19 women at WTA gave Rachel a standing ovation and spoke so warmly of her. Seems like more women were on her side than on Vanessa's.

2 hours ago, awaken said:

Nope, she's from Seattle - plenty of people here have advanced degrees. For someone that likes to call people out on their lack of "emotional intelligence" Taylor has remarkably little self-awareness. She deserves all the shaming she gets.

• Love 17
54 minutes ago, Ivana Tinkle said:

Who told Josephine it was a good idea to pair that dark ass lipstick with a...crushed velvet mustard colored dress?  Yeesh.  GIRL, NO.

Probably the same person who told her to dye her hair the whitest shade of blonde Clairol makes.   And to crawl up Corrine's but and defend her from any and all attacks by the other bitches on the show. 

I didn't like all the attention Corrine got throughout the season, and I hated how the WTA show focused so much on her.  I think she's looking to have her own reality show. 

• Love 6
4 hours ago, bosawks said:

180 minutes of The Bachelor is the equivalent of 18 hours in the dentist chair.

So, given that I have never missed one damn season of The Bachelor (or Bachelorette, Bachelor Pad, and BiP--good god, I need help!), by that calculation how many years do you reckon I've spent in that chair?

• Love 1
(edited)
3 hours ago, JenE4 said:

Raven once again TMI with her sex life, though I did chuckle a bit in her post-coital glow musical montage walk through town.

The only thing I couldn't fathom is why 'Walking on Sunshine' wasn't the default choice for such a montage. What a classically blown opportunity. Just who are the editors on this show?

3 hours ago, JenE4 said:

they both think compromise is important...as long as it's the other person compromising.

That sounds to be exactly what it is, and they are setting themselves up for day-to-day battles about, well, everything. The word I use for that is 'tiring'. Some things in a relationship should be easy. Everything about Vanessa and Nick is a struggle or to use more positive words like they do "I like someone who challenges me." Sometimes though? You just want to make your standard order from the Thai place without having to 'challenge each other' about what you want to get for dinner. I still hold to Vanessa having a very joyless way about her. Everything has to be so damned serious. Would a couple smiles/light hearted moments kill ya?

I think it's fitting that the episode name on my Tivo was "2109B" like they have totally given up on this season that they can't even come up with a title for the show anymore. And as we know, they might as well have titled it "An Anti-Climactic Waste of and Hour" since we all knew going in that Rachel was getting the boot.

For that very reason I couldn't possibly invest two hours on yet more episodes of 'That Corrine Show'. I already went in knowing most of this was pointless, I don't need to view another 2 hours to have the show to prove it.

I realize that: most people see no chemistry with them; that she's not everyone's cup of tea; that even I admit she needs to think before she speaks (especially in cases of potential public embarrassment); and that she's 'too young' but I'm still pulling for the upset pick of Raven. She's been there this long for a reason and I think they are the antithesis of he and Vanessa. They just let it roll and seem to have fun together. I know it won't happen...

Edited by Wandering Snark
  • Love 10

So is the consensus that Nick did "fiancé things" with all of the final 3?  Did anyone else snicker at the "Lapland Hotel" plaque above the fantasy suite door?

I waffle back and forth on Vanessa.   She is very beautiful, and I do like her forthright personality.  But wow I feel stressed out just watching her intense convos with Nick.   And for realz if her and Nick spending every Sunday with her fam in Montreal is her "nonnegotiable" and "core value", umm NO that's not going to work out.  I know it was edited to some effect ---- but the virtual wailing, gnashing of teeth, and rending of garments among her family in the hometown was a lot.  I still wonder WTH her ex boyfriend did that had everyone in her family so spun out over their breakup, but unlike Raven she didn't tell all.  

• Love 9
3 hours ago, awaken said:

You would think that being as smart as she thinks she is she would know not to use I in a prepositional phrase.  She did it all the time and it drove me crazy.

1 hour ago, backformore said:

2 hours ago, Ivana Tinkle said:

Probably the same person who told her to dye her hair the whitest shade of blonde Clairol makes.   And to crawl up Corrine's but and defend her from any and all attacks by the other bitches on the show. 

God help me but I am not being mean but Josephine looked like a drag queen.  On the boat to Hades now...........................

If Nick cries one more time I swear I will find him and give him something to cry about.

• Love 13
(edited)

Was that Raven montage supposed to mimic JGL's character's morning-after montage in 500 Days of Summer? That's the first thing I thought of. He was endearing; this was not. Gave me the icky feels. 

That talk between Nick and Vanessa about "traditional values" was really bizarre. Vanessa freely admitted she won't compromise on her Sunday family time. Then in the next breath (or was it a TH? I don't remember) she was talking about how people in relationships need to compromise. Huh?

Nick and Vanessa seem adamant about staying in their respective countries. That is never going to work. A compromise will have to be met if they plan on staying together for any significant length of time. Why not spend half the year in Canada and the other half in the US? Or maybe spend three-fourths of the year in Canada and the summer months in the US? I dunno. If you truly love someone, you'll be willing to compromise on major issues such as this. 

I live in a state that sees temperatures of -50 (or colder) in the winter from time to time and even I don't think I could handle that cold water plunge. Who am I kidding; I can't even handle a luke-warm shower for more than a few minutes (but somehow I can handle severe cold outside--puzzling).

I'm about the least fashion-forward person around (I basically live in sweatpants and hoodies) but I thought the dress that Rachel wore to the rose ceremony was truly stunning! I liked her shimmery eyeshadow too. 

It was a given that Corinne would get the spotlight at the WTA; but why was Taylor in the hot seat for as long as she was? Didn't she last only a few episodes? And the thought of her counseling anyone is frightening. 

It always makes me uncomfortable when, during the WTA (or MTA), the lead is asked why they let someone go--as if they can tell the real reason without coming off like an ***. I mean, what was Nick supposed to say to Danielle when she muttered how confused she was when he cut her loose, mentioning that zinger that she loves to throw around: "You said that I'm the one you could see yourself getting engaged to?" Yes, Danielle--because men always know within two nanoseconds that they want to get married to someone. What he really meant by that not-very-well-thought-out comment was, "Wow, she's hot! Noiiiiice!!!" 

Edited by amcfar
Reworded something because it sounded redundant.
  • Love 7
5 hours ago, Ivana Tinkle said:

Raven's post date montage?  Girl, no.

All I needed was "Glory! Glory! Hallelujah!" playing softly in the background during Liz's impassioned speech.  Who did she think she was?  Girl, NO.

Oh, Raven.  TPTB wouldn't be showing that montage if a fall weren't coming.

When Rachel and Nick were kissing after she read the fantasy suite card, ... they just pressed their lips together, waited, kind of changed their lip position and did it again.  No passion at all.  Agree with the poster who said they act more like friends than anything else.

• Love 4
3 hours ago, Scout Finch said:

So, given that I have never missed one damn season of The Bachelor (or Bachelorette, Bachelor Pad, and BiP--good god, I need help!), by that calculation how many years do you reckon I've spent in that chair?

Well, we probably need to use the Geographic Time Scale....

• Love 4
(edited)

Taylor is one of the most annoying women I've seen on this show. She wouldn't stop talking and playing the victim. She keeps going on and on about the "pain and impact" Corinne caused her. No, sweetie, that's not Corinne. That's being on a freakin' reality show! And expecting and demanding Corinne to apologize? Girl, if you have to demand an apology, it is not a genuine one you are going to get. Just, STOP. She made herself look worse than her appearance on the show. The show editing has been kind to her relatively speaking.

Edited by waving feather
  • Love 23
9 hours ago, truthaboutluv said:

And this is what I've been saying for weeks. Reading Sharleen's recaps is awesome because as someone who's been on the show, she's taught me a lot more of how the show works and particularly paying attention to body language and what actually comes out of people's mouths and not what's said in voice overs and other stuff which is of course highly edited. Because of that, I watched Nick and Vanessa's date tonight and while I can easily understand why some see them as incompatible or always disagreeing or just not fun, I saw the opposite.

For one thing, I feel like Nick and Vanessa's conversations always have this undertone of them being together is already a foregone conclusion and instead they're just hashing out the post-filming details. Nick tries to hide it with a lot of, "if we..." but so much of their conversations come across like they know they want to be together but aren't sure how it would work out in the real world. And while some may see their conversations as downer/confrontational, I think it's great that they were addressing the potential issues and talking them out. 

Yeah Vanessa has quite the potty mouth. She drops shit and f-bombs all over the place. 

Ahh, I love Sharlene! Hands down my favourite contestant on any Bachelor season. In fairness, I haven't watched all of them but she was like the trifecta of beautiful, talented and incredibly smart. Editing plays a huge part but it's also confusing to me when people complain about moments on this show being 'too real'. It may not be our preference in how to find a partner but that doesn't mean that there aren't people who are serious about the process and wanting to find something real - I would fully expect that serious conversations happen including conversations about the challenges of being in a relationship with each other. If you aren't using any of your time getting to know each other in that capacity, then there's no no option but failure for your relationship. I don't mind seeing those types of conversations happen - I get that they can't fill the entire show with just serious talk, but it's nice to know that those kind of conversations are actually taking place....even if they're using it just for the benefit of their 'drama' and not for the journey.

I also learned that they get the women to cry sometimes by getting them to recount sad things that happened in their lives and they work that in to the show for the exits in particular. The show isn't forcing people to behave or say outrageous things, but they do manipulate feelings to get reactions.

• Love 3

Good lord Taylor chose the wrong profession. I hope for her sake none of her future clients own a television or have heard of this TV show. Her immaturity and inability to complete coherent thoughts make Corinne look like Confucius in comparison.

• Love 13

While I can appreciate Liz's 'you are a strong woman' speeches, it didn't distract me from her BS excuse for why she would try once to connect with him off-screen and then think the only other option is to just sign up to be on this Bachelor season. Instead of trying to arrange some grand meet up, why didn't you just get his number from your mutual contact and call him like a normal person? Even if he is busy, I'm pretty sure he has voice messaging as part of his phone plan.

Taylor - I don't feel sorry for her one bit. She misused her profession as a way to target someone who she felt threatened by. She wasn't concerned about Corinne, if she was, she wouldn't keep pointing out to Corinne what Nick wants and why Corinne is not that person. It's fine for her to be in the health industry and to not like someone, but when you keep spouting off your profession and education as a way to substantiate your nastiness, that's all on Taylor. She brought it on herself completely because if there wasn't any truth to Corinne's words regarding her behaviour, then it wouldn't have had an impact on her life outside of the show. Taylor wants to play the victim - clearly she needs to take some classes on emotional intelligence herself.

Danielle L...horrible to say but I found her crying super annoying because her voice just went too high and seemed like stage crying or something. It's probably because she was trying to have some sort of composure but she should have just given herself a minute to cry and then start speaking.

I feel uncomfortable for the Bachelor/Bachelorette when those eliminated ask why. The answer will always be diplomatic and given the structure of the show and having eliminations, it always comes down to prioritizing relationships to see who sticks around over others. It's such a waste of a question to ask.

• Love 9
(edited)
Just now, RHJunkie said:

Danielle L...horrible to say but I found her crying super annoying because her voice just went too high and seemed like stage crying or something. It's probably because she was trying to have some sort of composure but she should have just given herself a minute to cry and then start speaking.

How could I forget to comment on this awesomeness. I'm sorry but I wasn't buying those fake ass tears(and I don't think Nick was either. He really has no poker face) and I will just say that I hope boobs a lot isn't planning on going into acting because she sucks. Danielle has some little amount of time with Nick almost four months ago and she's still so confused and "omg, like I just like don't get it..."

Spare me. And what's not to get - he just wasn't that into you. That's the thing I've always hated about the Tell All. A bunch of people all asking the lead the same damn question which in my opinion, the answer is obvious. You all knew what you were signing up for, unless Nick is secretly into polygamy, clearly he was only going to choose one. So what's so confusing and hard to get - what he felt with others was stronger than what he felt with you. And okay, in the case of Danielle L. he clearly thought she was dumb and not even her giant fake knockers could distract from that fact. But he's just too polite to just say so. 

Danielle L. exclaiming, "I'm so confused!" was just painful. Girl, let me clear it up for you: Nick loved your rack, but then realized you have the personality of a tree stump and he cut you.

Exactly. Seriously, why is this so hard for her to get?

Edited by truthaboutluv
  • Love 6