Type keyword(s) to search

Gilmore Girls Elimination Game

• Start Topic

6 - I feel this scene deep in my soul.

Favorite 'Physical Comedy' Scenes

7. Emily lounges around in a silk robe, smoking and drinking, while Lorelai and Sookie try to arrange Trix's funeral. "I'm so sorry, Emily." "About what?" "Well, about Richard's mother dying." "Are you? Huh. Would you like a cigarette?" (The Reigning Lorelai)

27. Nicole comes by the diner for her first date with Luke. She takes a cell phone call before they leave. Lorelai has a silent fit in the background while Luke tries to hold her arms down. "No, I’m sorry, Monday’s not gonna work, it’ll have to be Tuesday. Yes, well, your client breaking a contract is fairly annoying also, but we’re all dealing with that. Terrific to hear." (Dear Emily & Richard)

29. Lorelai tries to close Uncle Louie's coffin. "The football signed by Johnny Unitas gives it that bounce." (Dead Uncles and Vegetables)

31. Luke loses his temper and pushes Jess into the lake. "Look, what exactly do you want from me? You bring me here to this place, you put me in a school that says the Pledge of Allegiance in six different languages, two of which I've never heard of before. You take me away from my home, my friends, and now you want what from me?" "I'm trying to help you." "Well, stop trying. Stop talking to me, stop following me, and stop asking me questions. Just stop." (Nick & Nora, Sid & Nancy)

27 - Meh.

7. Emily lounges around in a silk robe, smoking and drinking, while Lorelai and Sookie try to arrange Trix's funeral. "I'm so sorry, Emily." "About what?" "Well, about Richard's mother dying." "Are you? Huh. Would you like a cigarette?" (The Reigning Lorelai)

29. Lorelai tries to close Uncle Louie's coffin. "The football signed by Johnny Unitas gives it that bounce." (Dead Uncles and Vegetables)

31. Luke loses his temper and pushes Jess into the lake. "Look, what exactly do you want from me? You bring me here to this place, you put me in a school that says the Pledge of Allegiance in six different languages, two of which I've never heard of before. You take me away from my home, my friends, and now you want what from me?" "I'm trying to help you." "Well, stop trying. Stop talking to me, stop following me, and stop asking me questions. Just stop." (Nick & Nora, Sid & Nancy)

4 hours ago, Kohola3 said:

Hate to choose. I guess 29 although that whole scene is one of my favorites.  The funeral director was so droll. 

I agree. I went back and forth on which one to choose.

• Love 1

29 - "My uncle, King Tut....." LMAOOOOOOOO.

Which ONE will WIN?!

I won't announce the winner yet in case we get some more votes, but I'm just glad to see we're all on the same page. "Don't forget to thank Pennilynn Lott just for Being. Pennilynn. Lott" as Emily plunks ice cubes into her glass sets me roaring. LOLOL. What a classic scene.

• Love 1

The people have spoken! Our winner --

Emily lounges around in a silk robe, smoking and drinking, while Lorelai and Sookie try to arrange Trix's funeral. "I'm so sorry, Emily." "About what?" "Well, about Richard's mother dying." "Are you? Huh. Would you like a cigarette?" (The Reigning Lorelai)

Soooooo funny, the whole thing. I must say, though, I'm glad Richard never seemed to pick up on it. No matter how badly Trix treated Emily over the years, the man still just lost his mother whom he loved very deeply.

(Still funny though. Heh.)

Next game - I was thinking we could do Nitpicks. We'd be voting for the ones that most drive us crazy to win. What do you guys think?

I'm in for nitpicks.

Feel free to drop any of my suggestions that don't make sense.

• the cowgirl outfit compared to all of the clothes in the girls' closets
  • Rory being sixteen, then driving at 15, then turning sixteen
  • 1000 daisies: not daisies, not 1000
  • where the external doors on Lorelai's house go
  • How Sookie be so accident prone with blood, yet be an important chef
3 hours ago, Kohola3 said:

I keep meaning to start a list but found a source for materials for masks so busy doing those most of the time.  Will regroup when I take a break.

It's fine, I think everybody is just not feeling it right now. I've found myself many times thinking I was going to start looking up scenes and then being like, eh. Later is good.

Also, bless you for making masks! I don't have a machine and my hands go numb too fast when hand sewing or I would make some myself. I did go through a bunch of sewing supplies from my aunt and pull out the elastic to send out to local friends making them, though. :)

• Love 1
28 minutes ago, Taryn74 said:

I don't have a machine and my hands go numb too fast when hand sewing or I would make some myself.

I had to dust off the old machine, it's been years since I sewed anything.  And when did the eye of the needle get so darned small?  I'm just lucky to have found a local quilt shop with materials.  They are selling things at cost and also have a bunch of their quilting groups making tons of masks and the shop is then donating them to whomever needs them.  Mine aren't exactly fashion forward but the get the job done!

• Love 1