Type keyword(s) to search

Gilmore Girls Elimination Game

• Start Topic

Okay we have a three way tie between 4, 8 and 40. First one that gets two votes will be eliminated and then we'll go to the next round

4. Luke's head-cocking "Oh, don't tease" when Lorelai promises not to opine to him ever again.  Luke & Lorelai argue about Jess "that kid is way more screwed up than you think he is" (N&N, S&N)

6. Rory giving Emily the cold shoulder at the post second honeymoon Friday dinner and their exchange when Rory gets up to leave early.

8. The Emily/Lorelai/Rory three way fight after Rory's Dance (Emily attacks Lorelai "She's going to get pregnant!", Lorelai kicks her out, then turns on Rory when she gets home "You're going on the pill!") ..1.09 ,"Rory's Dance."

9. Luke and Jess fight after Luke finds out that Jess isn't graduating. "Then you gotta go"..3.20, "Say Goodnight Gracie"

12. Emily's smiley confrontation with Shira Huntzburger after she discovers the truth about how Rory has been treated..6.05, "We've Got Magic To Do.

35.Emily and Richard fight as she decides to leave for Europe ("Only prostitutes have 2 glasses of wine at lunch!"; "Well then buy me a boa and drive me to Reno because I am open for business!")..5.01 "Say Goodbye To Daisy Miller"

40.-Rory stands up for Jess (and herself) post car accident to Lorelai and Emily at Richard's launch party ("I’m sick of this. I’m sick of everyone treating me like I’m some kind of mindless idiot being led around by a guy....I was just as responsible ..")..2.20 "Help Wanted"

45. Jess is frustrated about saying the Pledge in seven different languages. Luke gets frustrated and pushes him in the lake.   "Look, what exactly do you want from me? You bring me here to this place, you put me in a school that says the Pledge of Allegiance in six different languages, two of which I've never heard of before. You take me away from my home, my friends, and now you want what from me?" (Nick and Nora)

Edited by lulu1960

8 has been eliminated and now we can move on.

4. Luke's head-cocking "Oh, don't tease" when Lorelai promises not to opine to him ever again.  Luke & Lorelai argue about Jess "that kid is way more screwed up than you think he is" (N&N, S&N)

6. Rory giving Emily the cold shoulder at the post second honeymoon Friday dinner and their exchange when Rory gets up to leave early.

9. Luke and Jess fight after Luke finds out that Jess isn't graduating. "Then you gotta go"..3.20, "Say Goodnight Gracie"

12. Emily's smiley confrontation with Shira Huntzburger after she discovers the truth about how Rory has been treated..6.05, "We've Got Magic To Do.

35.Emily and Richard fight as she decides to leave for Europe ("Only prostitutes have 2 glasses of wine at lunch!"; "Well then buy me a boa and drive me to Reno because I am open for business!")..5.01 "Say Goodbye To Daisy Miller"

40.-Rory stands up for Jess (and herself) post car accident to Lorelai and Emily at Richard's launch party ("I’m sick of this. I’m sick of everyone treating me like I’m some kind of mindless idiot being led around by a guy....I was just as responsible ..")..2.20 "Help Wanted"

45. Jess is frustrated about saying the Pledge in seven different languages. Luke gets frustrated and pushes him in the lake.   "Look, what exactly do you want from me? You bring me here to this place, you put me in a school that says the Pledge of Allegiance in six different languages, two of which I've never heard of before. You take me away from my home, my friends, and now you want what from me?" (Nick and Nora)

Looks like 12 has enough to be eliminated.

Getting down to the nitty gritty.

Looks like 6 is the eliminated fight. Moving on.

2 hours ago, Lady Calypso said:

I don't know why, but the ideal of having the final 4 all being about Jess amuses me greatly.

Wow, good point, I hadn't even realized that were getting down to Jess centered moments!

I have to go with 4, though.

Edited by Bumblebee Tights
Quote function driving me crazy..I give up.

4 is buh bye.

We have reached the point of "Who's making that choice, Sophie?"  Just so you guys know.

I love the reference but can't remember which episode this is from. Can I ask the experts here for help?

Taryn74, I was so excited to see your name over on the X-Files thread! My dream is to write a crossover where Mulder and Scully investigate bizarre incidents in Stars Hollow. 

• Love 1
10 minutes ago, Blandings said:

I love the reference but can't remember which episode this is from. Can I ask the experts here for help?

Taryn74, I was so excited to see your name over on the X-Files thread! My dream is to write a crossover where Mulder and Scully investigate bizarre incidents in Stars Hollow. 

When they were running out of money for the renovation of the Dragonfly and Lorelai and Sookie were discussing whether they should get rid of one of the horses. It's in The Incredible Shrinking Lorelais

SOOKIE: Well, we'll start cutting corners. I mean, I don't need that big, fancy stove from France. We'll skip that.
LORELAI: No way!
SOOKIE: It's too expensive, and I don't want it that much.
LORELAI: Sookie, you have four pictures in your wallet. One of Jackson, one of the baby, and two of that stove. You're getting that stove. But we could drop the horses.
SOOKIE: Desi and Cletus, over my dead body.
LORELAI: Well, the upkeep is astronomical. Maybe if we drop one of the horses.
SOOKIE: And who's making that choice, Sophie?

Edited by lulu1960
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, Blandings said:

Hee hee I noticed your name over there too!  You stumbled across me and my FIRST TV love, btw.  Everything else pales in comparison to XF for me.

• Love 1

Hee hee I noticed your name over there too!  You stumbled across me and my FIRST TV love, btw.  Everything else pales in comparison to XF for me.

Please come over there and talk to me if you can! Nothing makes me happier than finding people who share my obsessions. 

Tell me Mulder and Scully wouldn't fit in perfectly in Stars Hollow. 

• Love 1