Type keyword(s) to search

Gilmore Girls Elimination Game

• Start Topic

16 and 31 have been eliminated. We had a three way tie for the third spot so let's just eliminate the two and move on.

Still voting for three

3. Lorelai emotionlessly hanging up on Emily when she was talking to Sookie about the leftover risotto

4. Luke's head-cocking "Oh, don't tease" when Lorelai promises not to opine to him ever again.  Luke & Lorelai argue about Jess "that kid is way more screwed up than you think he is" (N&N, S&N)

6. Rory giving Emily the cold shoulder at the post second honeymoon Friday dinner and their exchange when Rory gets up to leave early.

8. The Emily/Lorelai/Rory three way fight after Rory's Dance (Emily attacks Lorelai "She's going to get pregnant!", Lorelai kicks her out, then turns on Rory when she gets home "You're going on the pill!") ..1.09 ,"Rory's Dance."

9. Luke and Jess fight after Luke finds out that Jess isn't graduating. "Then you gotta go"..3.20, "Say Goodnight Gracie"

10 Christopher ambushes Lorelai at FND and has an emotional confrontation with both she and Rory, then is kicked out by Emily...3.02, "Haunted Leg"

11. Lorelai and Richard have a heated discussion about why Richard stood up for her to Straub :"Yes it does matter why I did it, it matters greatly!"..1.15, "Christopher Returns."

12. Emily's smiley confrontation with Shira Huntzburger after she discovers the truth about how Rory has been treated..6.05, "We've Got Magic To Do.

15. "Look at all the pretty candy!" Luke and Taylor battling it out in the ice cream store.

20. Lorelai confronts Emily about not being happy for her when she announces she's engaged to Max.  (H&V)

25. Paris and Doyle fight about breaking up so she can decide which school to attend - It's just like Riding a Bike. 

34. Sookie and Jackson fight over Sookie's attempts to redecorate their house in a more "masculine" fashion (" It's terrifying! swear I’m gonna come out in the middle of the night for a drink of water, turn around, hit the floor and play dead!)...3.01 " Lazy Hazy Crazy"

35.Emily and Richard fight as she decides to leave for Europe ("Only prostitutes have 2 glasses of wine at lunch!"; "Well then buy me a boa and drive me to Reno because I am open for business!")..5.01 "Say Goodbye To Daisy Miller"

40.-Rory stands up for Jess (and herself) post car accident to Lorelai and Emily at Richard's launch party ("I’m sick of this. I’m sick of everyone treating me like I’m some kind of mindless idiot being led around by a guy....I was just as responsible ..")..2.20 "Help Wanted"

41. The fight that killed Grannie - when Richard lambasted his mother when Trix told Lorelai how she had to bail out Richard early in his career.

45. Jess is frustrated about saying the Pledge in seven different languages. Luke gets frustrated and pushes him in the lake.   "Look, what exactly do you want from me? You bring me here to this place, you put me in a school that says the Pledge of Allegiance in six different languages, two of which I've never heard of before. You take me away from my home, my friends, and now you want what from me?" (Nick and Nora)

Edited by lulu1960

Oh man, all these votes for 10! 10 is maybe top 3 for me..I love everything about it. It's so raw, I think all 4 actors involved did a phenomenal job, and it's one of those great GG fights that just feels so true to life...it's also one of the only times in the show that we get to see Rory react to Christopher the way I think he deserved to be reacted to.

Ok, sorry, over attachment to a GG moment reaction over now?

3, 15, 41

I agree, Bumblebee.  I thought the acting in 10 was great in that scene and the emotions were well played.  And Emily's quiet but firm intervention was just beautifully done. Lorelai's "Then, honey, it is what it is" is one I still use.

15, 25, 34

• Love 1

3, 10, 25, 15 are eliminated. (the last three had the same amount of votes)

Let's drop the voting down to two, shall we?

4. Luke's head-cocking "Oh, don't tease" when Lorelai promises not to opine to him ever again.  Luke & Lorelai argue about Jess "that kid is way more screwed up than you think he is" (N&N, S&N)

6. Rory giving Emily the cold shoulder at the post second honeymoon Friday dinner and their exchange when Rory gets up to leave early.

8. The Emily/Lorelai/Rory three way fight after Rory's Dance (Emily attacks Lorelai "She's going to get pregnant!", Lorelai kicks her out, then turns on Rory when she gets home "You're going on the pill!") ..1.09 ,"Rory's Dance."

9. Luke and Jess fight after Luke finds out that Jess isn't graduating. "Then you gotta go"..3.20, "Say Goodnight Gracie"

11. Lorelai and Richard have a heated discussion about why Richard stood up for her to Straub :"Yes it does matter why I did it, it matters greatly!"..1.15, "Christopher Returns."

12. Emily's smiley confrontation with Shira Huntzburger after she discovers the truth about how Rory has been treated..6.05, "We've Got Magic To Do.

20. Lorelai confronts Emily about not being happy for her when she announces she's engaged to Max.  (H&V)

34. Sookie and Jackson fight over Sookie's attempts to redecorate their house in a more "masculine" fashion (" It's terrifying! swear I’m gonna come out in the middle of the night for a drink of water, turn around, hit the floor and play dead!)...3.01 " Lazy Hazy Crazy"

35.Emily and Richard fight as she decides to leave for Europe ("Only prostitutes have 2 glasses of wine at lunch!"; "Well then buy me a boa and drive me to Reno because I am open for business!")..5.01 "Say Goodbye To Daisy Miller"

40.-Rory stands up for Jess (and herself) post car accident to Lorelai and Emily at Richard's launch party ("I’m sick of this. I’m sick of everyone treating me like I’m some kind of mindless idiot being led around by a guy....I was just as responsible ..")..2.20 "Help Wanted"

41. The fight that killed Grannie - when Richard lambasted his mother when Trix told Lorelai how she had to bail out Richard early in his career.

45. Jess is frustrated about saying the Pledge in seven different languages. Luke gets frustrated and pushes him in the lake.   "Look, what exactly do you want from me? You bring me here to this place, you put me in a school that says the Pledge of Allegiance in six different languages, two of which I've never heard of before. You take me away from my home, my friends, and now you want what from me?" (Nick and Nora)

Edited by lulu1960
3 minutes ago, Blandings said:

4 and 11 and why did people not warn me that these games inflict severe emotional distress? I love these all so much that it hurts to say goodbye to them. 

And this is only about fights. Imagine some of the other topics we've done.

• Love 1
2 hours ago, Bumblebee Tights said:

Oh man, all these votes for 10! 10 is maybe top 3 for me..I love everything about it. It's so raw, I think all 4 actors involved did a phenomenal job, and it's one of those great GG fights that just feels so true to life...it's also one of the only times in the show that we get to see Rory react to Christopher the way I think he deserved to be reacted to.

Ha ha, I get overly attached to scenes too.  ITA about the scene from Haunted Leg.  Rory rarely brings out the claws, but man, when she does!  And Emily's polite but don't-eff-with-me firmness when she told Chris it was time for him to leave was just perfect.

21 minutes ago, Blandings said:

why did people not warn me that these games inflict severe emotional distress? I love these all so much that it hurts to say goodbye to them. 

Ha!  Welcome to the club!

6, 34.  It really is getting difficult now.  About one more round before it becomes agonizing for me, I'm thinking.

• Love 2

34 had the most votes and 20 and 11 were tied so eliminating all 3. Let's drop down to voting for 1

Vote for one

1 hour ago, Taryn74 said:

I am amused that so far we have all voted for something different than each other.  

You noticed that too, did ya? LOL.

41 is eliminated. LOL

• Love 1

4, and I love how quickly this game moves along! 

Have you all done favorite kisses yet? How about favorite friendships? You've probably covered these already, but I was just curious and already wondering what we're playing next round. 

1 hour ago, Blandings said:

4, and I love how quickly this game moves along! 

Have you all done favorite kisses yet? How about favorite friendships? You've probably covered these already, but I was just curious and already wondering what we're playing next round. 

I lose track of what we have done. This game is addicting.

• Love 2

Since 41 has been eliminated now I just want to say that Trix's "Yes, and wonderful places to put all those French antiques" is probably my favorite Trix moment of the entire series.  The way she stares Jason down (and his reaction) has me howling every single time.

• Love 1