Type keyword(s) to search

S05.E09: Nicole's Story

Azubah
  • Start Topic

1 hour ago, TicketToHellPaid said:

I disagree to a degree.

People that are well off tend to be thin and fit.

Come to Ca, anyone that grew up on the coast of SoCal or NorCal are not fat and come from homes with money. 

Inlanders as we snotty people call the rest are fat and ugly.  

It's money and beaches and cute clothes and plastic surgery when wanted and education! We know what to eat and not to eat.

If you don't believe me come to a southern CA beach, locals are playing in the ocean and eating fruit and drinking water, inlanders..the fat and ugly losers..are sitting with bags of chips and soda.

ugh, disgusting people. Should stay home. Always.

While I don't completely agree that disgusting people should stay home (ugly people need love too! Smelly people need to wash), I totally agree that the rich tend to be thinner. I grew up as a "poor" kid (i.e. middle class) in a rich city in South Florida.  I was a fat kid.  The only other fat kid I ever met was a girl in the 10th grade who was wearing designer clothes in probably a size 14.  I remember just starring at her, thinking WOW, a fat rich person (size 14 is not fat to me AT ALL anymore).  Rich people have appearances to keep up!  

In the context of crappy eating, you have two types of poor.  One type has to rely on fast or convenience food because he/she could be a single parent and is rushing out to two or three jobs.  This person is not going to have time to throw a chicken and some potatoes in an oven and let it cook for an hour.  Then you have the second type of poor.  The type that is either drug addicted or otherwise lazy/playing video games/watching Springer all day.  This person also isn't going to throw a chicken in the oven and wait an hour to eat because why should they?  I think Nicole's family falls into the second type.  Also, in both cases, it could be that the poor person lacks the necessary equipment to cook properly like a fully functioning stove and appropriate pots and pans/utensils/pot holders.  Think of all the stuff you need to cook a real dinner.  Tearing open a box and popping something in the microwave on a paper towel is quick and easy.  

• Love 5
20 minutes ago, notyrmomma said:

Then you have the second type of poor.  The type that is either drug addicted or otherwise lazy/playing video games/watching Springer all day.  This person also isn't going to throw a chicken in the oven and wait an hour to eat because why should they?  I think Nicole's family falls into the second type.  Also, in both cases, it could be that the poor person lacks the necessary equipment to cook properly like a fully functioning stove and appropriate pots and pans/utensils/pot holders.  Think of all the stuff you need to cook a real dinner.  Tearing open a box and popping something in the microwave on a paper towel is quick and easy.  

I dont know, Nicole did make that couch meatloaf (50% chuck 50% party mix..heh) along with box potatoes and mac and cheese.  Her portions were over the top though...that meatloaf portion alone would have been 4 dinners for me.  

I do agree they seemed to lack proper stuff to cook in the hotel.  Those chicken breasts they put in the $89 microwave looked awful.  I dont know why they put so many in at once but all I kept thinking was I hope those are precooked or they are going to end up sick.  

There are so many grocery stores that have pre-made meals these days that would have been appetizing and cost effective.  That stuff they were putting together in the hotel looked horrible.  Its no wonder she bee lined for McDs when she was "stressed".  There was no way she was going to eat bland microwaved chicken breasts for any length of time.  

Edited by SouthernCross
  • Love 2

I love salmon and one time I had a coupon for Gorden's "grilled" salmon fillets.  You can't cook them in the microwave, but you pop them in the oven because they are in a foil type pouch.  They were the grossest thing I ever ate!!!  The only thing healthy that cooks well in a microwave are veggies.  Even if you are reheating a chicken breast, it tends to come out dry or rubbery.  They were freaking idiots for coming to Houston without a place to stay.

• Love 2

Folks, let's keep in mind the Be Civil guidelines and that most will take sweeping derogatory generalizations personally. It's also straying into off topicness.  Episode threads are for discussion of the episode.  Small talk is open topic. If you find that someone's posts are regularly grating on you, please consider using the Ignore Feature.

• Love 8
On 3/9/2017 at 8:36 PM, notyrmomma said:

I love salmon and one time I had a coupon for Gorden's "grilled" salmon fillets.  You can't cook them in the microwave, but you pop them in the oven because they are in a foil type pouch.  They were the grossest thing I ever ate!!!  The only thing healthy that cooks well in a microwave are veggies.  Even if you are reheating a chicken breast, it tends to come out dry or rubbery.  They were freaking idiots for coming to Houston without a place to stay.

I actually eat those all the time. I take them out of the pouch and grill them (yes I know it defeats the purpose of having it in the pouch)  and mix it with Jasmine rice and veggies. It's not that bad when I need to make something quick for lunch the next day. 

• Love 1
On 3/10/2017 at 7:33 PM, notyrmomma said:

Here's a great radio interview with Nicole.  It will answer some of your questions - she talks about the first time she had to help Charlie wipe her behind and how they manage to have sex---well, some of you asked!

http://www.roverradio.com/watch/interviews/item/4032-684-pound-nicole-lewis-from-my-600-lb-life-full-interview

In case you don't have an 25 extra minutes like I apparently do:

~Nicole still has lots of blame and excuses: parents, pregnancy, depression    

~ She didn't eat huge meals but ate fast food pretty much all day long.

~It was difficult to have sex, but now with the weight loss she can move more and they don't have to use the same boring positions.  "100% better."

~TLC required a "shower scene" and she wanted the help bad enough to film the porch hosing.  In the winter, she was hosed in the heated garage.  It has a drain.

~ They were really excited the first time she was able to wipe her ass.

~She wouldn't give her present weight, but has lost 200 lbs.  Charlie works, she writes music, they go to the gym, they all eat healthy.

~ The interviewer's face when she said they were Juggalos was priceless.  He said  he wouldn't go to a Juggalo Gathering because they "throw feces."  Nicole's planning to go next year and says they are actually really nice people.  Charlie won a Juggalo contest by drinking 7 gallons of Faygo and then puking a lot.  

Edited by Lizz
  • Love 18
1 hour ago, Lizz said:

~It was difficult to have sex, but now with the weight loss she can move more and they don't have to use the same boring positions.  "100% better."

~TLC required a "shower scene" and she wanted the help bad enough to film the porch hosing.  In the winter, she was hosed in the heated garage.  It has a drain.

~She wouldn't give her present weight, but has lost 200 lbs.  Charlie works, she writes music, they go to the gym, they all eat healthy.

~ The interviewer's face when she said they were Juggalos was priceless.  He said  he wouldn't go to a Juggalo Gathering because they "throw feces."  Nicole's planning to go next year and says they are actually really nice people.  Charlie won a Juggalo contest by drinking 7 gallons of Faygo and then puking a lot.  

I'm sorry, what??

• Love 7
On 3/1/2017 at 8:08 PM, Hana Chan said:

I want to have sympathy for these people because I do get how hard it is to deal with weight issues and that to lose weight is at best a lifelong challenge. But Jesus on a pogo stick... eating potato chips the instant she opens her eyes?

Jesus on a pogo stick has had me laughing for hours now - thanks!!?????

• Love 6
On 3/1/2017 at 8:13 PM, chuckity said:

WHAT IN THE HOLY HELL AM I WATCHING?   SHE'S GETTING HOSED OFF ON THE BACK PORCH?

I am laughing out loud!!!! Wtf? If you are so fat you have to bathe on a porch ya might have a problem!????????

• Love 3
18 hours ago, Lizz said:

hahaha, thanks for taking one for the team! That was priceless!

• Love 4
3 hours ago, Miss Chevious said:

Plus it had a privacy fence. There's got to be extra style points for that!

Hahaha! I was cringing thinking of the neighbors window every time the blue tarp shower curtain blew up in the wind 

• Love 4
15 minutes ago, TVWatcher12 said:

I am laughing out loud!!!! Wtf? If you are so fat you have to bathe on a porch ya might have a problem!????????

No problem at all. Heck, she should charge admission. She'd get more money faster than a GoFundMe account lol! I'm surprised those lowlifes didn't think of that TBH.

• Love 2
On March 5, 2017 at 2:57 PM, Hockeymom said:

I don't mean to sound harsh. I do wish her the best. Since she appears to be the breadwinner, I hope her music career takes off.

I realize Nicole has had terrible role models. Her mother and father were both addicts. I get it. Really. But like Cheerio said, if they can manage to navigate the system for disability, and utilize Social Media for promotion, then they can watch a parenting video.

Lots of 23 year olds are leading productive lives and pursuing careers. Nicole will grow and mature. I'm not the same person I was at 23, hell, even 33 for that matter. But ready or not, she chose to bring two kids into the world. She wasn't raped, or coerced. Sometimes, we just have to put on our big girl pants and do right by our choices.

I would NOT want to get a whiff of those Big Girl Pants..... 

Sorry hahaha I'll see myself out 

• Love 6
17 minutes ago, Miss Chevious said:

No problem at all. Heck, she should charge admission. She'd get more money faster than a GoFundMe account lol! I'm surprised those lowlifes didn't think of that TBH.

Note to self: if I am too fat to use a regular bathroom please confine me and feed me bread and water until such time as my body can make it through the doorway...I would prefer that over an old-fashioned porch bath!

• Love 2
19 hours ago, Lizz said:

~ The interviewer's face when she said they were Juggalos was priceless.  He said  he wouldn't go to a Juggalo Gathering because they "throw feces."  Nicole's planning to go next year

Wait...why not save the neighbors the PTSD and shower year round in the garage if that's an optio ??????

• Love 10

The only time Nicole & Charlie are alone iswhen they shop.... It never occurs to them to take their kids to a park ( she could sit in her chair & Charlie could chase them ) .  Were there any toys or children's books in their house ? I didn't notice . The kids could roast to death the car but the cats need A/C. ( did she say cats or kids?)

Jadens face when Nicole sat on the bed with wheels at the hotel lmao I swear I thought he was gonna fly thru the air. ??

Nicole was awfully nasty and verbally abusive to people who took care of her every need. F^ck Her. 

I was happy when mouth breather Charlie narc'd on Nicole & told dr Now she throws fits to get foods she craves - she tried to pass blame ?

UPDATE : shockingly, Nicole & Charlie were at the park with the kids in the final scene. 

Edited by DNR
Ninja edit
  • Love 8
On March 1, 2017 at 8:44 PM, Armchair Critic said:

She's wearing diapers? Poor Charlie.

They make depends in that size? Who knew.  

If I were Charlie I would have punched her in her fat gut when she tried the "my family is not supporting me or eating in front of me" at the Dr Now visits.  Telling the therapist there's verbal abuse in the home when she was just as guilty of abuse.  Her voice over : " I'll let down everyone I love" -who did she love? I couldn't tell exactly.  This bitch.

Edited by DNR
Ninja edit
  • Love 5
On 3/8/2017 at 8:41 PM, agnesnitt said:

Cravings: yeah, they do come out of the blue. Sometimes it's easy to figure out where they come from (see something on TV or walk past a restaurant). Most of the time, a stray "hmmm, some ice cream would be good right about now" pops up and latches on. For about a month, I had a craving for donuts (I don't even LIKE donuts). I could not stop thinking about them. I've had therapists tell me that cravings go away in a few minutes if you distract yourself. I find this laughable. My cravings generally last for days, and in the case of the donuts, a full month (that turned out to be related to a BC implant--once the implant was removed, the craving went away. I've taken one bite of a donut since then and remembered why I don't like donuts, threw the rest of it away). I distract myself, I do work, I take a nap, but it pops back up. Sometimes, having whatever I'm craving ends the craving (chocolate cravings are easy for me to manage--a square or two of good chocolate and I'm set). Sometimes, it sets off a craving spiral for days. Generally, though, the faster I give in, the faster the craving goes away. But that's led me to being 100 pounds overweight.

My brother and I once had a conversation that went something like this:

Him: I'm hungry, are you?

Me: No, I'm not, but I want something to eat.

Him: What's the difference?

For him,  "being hungry" and "wanting food" are synonyms. For me, they're two totally different experiences. They're not quite antonyms, but they are distinct, and the rarely go hand in hand.

I put cravings into two categories: what my body craves and what my mind craves. I have learned to listen to what my body craves (salad when I'm a little dehydrated, orange juice when I'm coming down with a cold or need a vitC boost, etc) because it's usually tied to some nutrient that it needs. I've also learned to listen to and deal with what my mind craves (that "ooo a hamburger from the Collegiate would be good right now" or "chocolate - where is there chocolate", etc.). I can try and figure out why my mind is craving whatever it is and then either "no, you don't really want that even if it does sound good" or negotiate a compromise with myself. 

• Love 1
On 3/3/2017 at 8:47 PM, Jeeves said:

@Awfarmington, even if they had Section 8 housing assistance in Ohio, it wouldn't have "traveled" with them to Houston. Someone upthread pointed out that they'd have to get on a lonng waiting list to get Section 8 assistance in Houston (that may be true in pretty much any big metro area). I know that Section 8's a federal program, but it's administered locally. EDITED later: See below; I was wrong. It is possible to move and keep a Section 8 voucher - if you do all the proper paperwork, notices, and interviews. I do doubt this family was getting Section 8, if only because of dad's felony drug conviction.

SSI disability (via the US Social Security Administration) benefits would continue no matter what state the recipient moves to. WIC benefits are administered by the states, so if Nicole got those in Ohio, she'd have to cancel her Ohio benefits and reapply in Texas. 

I think their problem in finding a place to rent was the number of people, the number of animals, and perhaps dad's felony conviction. And they could have lacked the required deposit. Shoot, even if a landlord were to agree for a tenant to have, what, four cats and a large dog, the pet deposit alone would be steep. I can't imagine any apartment complex even allowing that many animals in a single apartment anyway. 

I agree, I think the number of animals, humans, and the felony are bigger challenges to finding housing than anything. Most complexes have a 2 animal limit (and a pound limit on each) along with a person limit. A 2 bedroom apartment in most cities would have a 4 person limit. Though most of the more "ghetto" apartment complexes aren't all that vigilant about those rules. 

• Love 1
On 3/13/2017 at 4:38 PM, DNR said:

Jadens face when Nicole sat on the bed with wheels at the hotel lmao I swear I thought he was gonna fly thru the air. ??

This was one of my favorite tiny little moments in the episode. I rewound it several times to watch his reaction. I don't know why I found it so entertaining but I did. 

• Love 5
On 3/5/2017 at 6:47 PM, mamadrama said:

I was on a reality show and they spliced a week's worth of filming into 2 minutes, making it look like we went from Point A to Point B seamlessly, when they were actually four days apart. While I am no fan of Nicole's, when it comes to reality show manipulation, I have firsthand experience as to what they can do. 

Can you tell us what show you were on??

• Love 2
On 3/2/2017 at 3:34 PM, poeticlicensed said:

I always give giant eye rolls when they proclaim on the road trip to Houston, "we are on the road so I have NO CHOICE but to eat fast food" Really, no choice, there are no grocery stores for thousands of miles? At least a few of them admitted that they were going to gorge themselves before they went to Houston because they knew they were going to have to stop eating crap. 

This fast food bingeing on the way to the Doctor doesn't surprise me, or even bother me if it was like a "last hurrah" type thing. A lot of people get drunk or high the day of or on the way to rehab, I know I did. 

• Love 6
35 minutes ago, Smoothcoat said:

This fast food bingeing on the way to the Doctor doesn't surprise me, or even bother me if it was like a "last hurrah" type thing. A lot of people get drunk or high the day of or on the way to rehab, I know I did. 

That's always how I see that last fast-food filled drive.  They're going out with a bang.  

• Love 3
On 3/2/2017 at 2:34 PM, poeticlicensed said:

I always give giant eye rolls when they proclaim on the road trip to Houston, "we are on the road so I have NO CHOICE but to eat fast food" Really, no choice, there are no grocery stores for thousands of miles? At least a few of them admitted that they were going to gorge themselves before they went to Houston because they knew they were going to have to stop eating crap. 

Nicole was OTT in her infatuation with food. When she was cooking that meatloaf, she was talking about how wonderful it was, the smell, the taste, I swear she was salivating. It was meatloaf with cornflakes dammit. Who gets excited about meatloaf??

It doesn't seem very intuitive, does it?  I notice on the program, "Intervention", that the addicts often will look for that one last hit prior to leaving for treatment.

I think the only hope for understanding the disorders is to understand that if rational control existed, the disorder would not exist.

• Love 4
On 3/1/2017 at 5:27 PM, poeticlicensed said:

The house, the toilet on wheels, the bathing outside, just ack! 

Mr poetic wants to know how she bathes in the winter, since Ohio gets super cold. Thoughts?

She doesn't?

I wish I did not know about the Insane Clown Posse ("ISP"), but being from Metro Detroit, I do.

I could tell instantly that Charlie and Nicole were "juggalos".  The signs were everywhere.  Notice the thing hanging from the rear-view mirror?  That is "Axe Man". 

It is a culture of outcasts.  They embrace being anti-social and gross.  They encourage it in each other.  I have no doubt that Charlie and Nicole meeting "online" meant in an ISP forum.  The grosser you look, the more of an outcast, the better. 

The new network, "Viceland" did a documentary about the annual ISP gathering and the "talent show" they have for women.  They used to have porn-star Ron Jeremy host it, if that gives you any idea.  These women disgrace themselves in front of hollering crowds cheering them on and telling them that they're empowering themselves.  To a decent person, it's truly upsetting.

As soon as I saw those precious, beautiful children stuck with 2 drug addicts and 2 juggalos, I knew that all bets were off.  The 4 adults can lead filthy and disfunctional lives for all I care.  But how could the camera crews stand by and witness those babies and those pets living with the abuse and neglect?!?

That the children were so silent is an ENORMOUS red flag for abuse/neglect.  They learn fast that crying brings on pain.  They learn that the only way to stay safe is to not be seen.  They try hard to become invisible. 

Is there any chance that someone will swoop in and get those children and pets to safety?

• Love 13
On Wed Mar 01 2017 at 8:30 PM, CouchTater said:

I love the declarations:  I'm going to be the most successful!  You're either with me, or without me!  All I care about is me and my kids!

I wish Charlie, Crack Mama, and Cocaine Daddy would have just left her ass sitting in that wheelchair in that empty house, and let her find her own way to Texas.  Ugh.

Your  comment  is hilarious!!!! I feel sorry for the condition she's in, but I'm with you on that. She's rude, irritating and her crying/whining got on my damn nerves!! 

But glad to see her pushing through for herself and the kiddies!

Edited by Yolo
  • Love 2
On Wed Mar 01 2017 at 8:44 PM, DC Gal in VA said:

Okay, I know we're only barely into this three hour living nightmare but already I want to punch this nasty creature dead square in her hateful face. I know I should feel sorry for her but at this point all my sympathies go to those two innocent children. Dear Sweet Jesus get them outta there! Plus, originally forgot to say, please liberate those poor animals as well.

BTW didn't she mention that the kids needed to eat but only got food for herself from TWO drive-throughs? WTF?

EXACTLY!!! Out of all episodes I've watched, Nicole really pissed me off. She was in denial, angry and rude as hell!!! Blessed to have had any kind of help!!!!!!!!

Edited by Yolo
  • Love 4
On 3/12/2017 at 5:39 PM, Lizz said:

Thank you! Was going to ask for a summary. 

Sex? She talked about sex? Gross disgusted going to throw up for a week while deciding if he had it worst or she did. Did she say how they position to make it get in. Heavy equipment holds up one side?

wiping her ass? She seriously interviewed on that? I have a visual..nuff said.

faygo? Is that a typo? So these mystery people called juggalos get together and throw poo? Well..at least Nicole produces enough poop for a world wide convention. 

• Love 1

"Faygo" is a type of pop ("soda, carbonated drink like Coke or Pepsi) that is made in Detroit.  If you really want to get shocked, google Insane Clown Posse and the stuff they do. It's horrible.  The grosser, the more anti-social, the more vulgar, the better. Nicole and Charlie are like poster children for them. 

It's just sick that those babies are doomed to that life.  And their pets, too.  The adults can choose it.  The pets and children deserve better.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, TicketToHellPaid said:

Thank you! Was going to ask for a summary. 

Sex? She talked about sex? Gross disgusted going to throw up for a week while deciding if he had it worst or she did. Did she say how they position to make it get in. Heavy equipment holds up one side?

wiping her ass? She seriously interviewed on that? I have a visual..nuff said.

faygo? Is that a typo? So these mystery people called juggalos get together and throw poo? Well..at least Nicole produces enough poop for a world wide convention. 

Yes indeed, she answered every question in a fair amount of detail.  Apparently, their sex life is now very exciting with all the new positions she is able to get into.  She acts like she deserves an award for the ass wiping skills.  

Faygo is a cheap brand of soft drink that's popular with Juggalos.  I have no idea why.  I've seen orange and grape kinds at the Dollar Store.  

The interviewer brought up the throwing poop.  I don't know if that's actually been done or he was pointing out how outrageous and degenerate the Juggalo Gathering is.  Nicole didn't deny it!

Update:  The poop throwing is real. Juggalos throw poop and rocks at performers on stage they do not like.  Now going to delete my Google search history.  

Edited by Lizz
  • Love 3

Y'all are haters..you wish you had a fancy Jerry rigged and blue tarp outdoor shower.  Jealous losers....lol 

couldn't resist, lol

so..l still want to know about her cleanings on the road and in Houston. No fancy pants custom outdoor shower that I saw.

for years I have refused to go in a public jacuzzi, pools are now higher on my list.

Be careful guys, feces, urine and skin fold infections are in your public pools.

• Love 1
3 hours ago, Lizz said:

Yes indeed, she answered every question in a fair amount of detail.  Apparently, their sex life is now very exciting with all the new positions she is able to get into.  She acts like she deserves an award for the ass wiping skills.  

Faygo is a cheap brand of soft drink that's popular with Juggalos.  I have no idea why.  I've seen orange and grape kinds at the Dollar Store.  

The interviewer brought up the throwing poop.  I don't know if that's actually been done or he was pointing out how outrageous and degenerate the Juggalo Gathering is.  Nicole didn't deny it!

Update:  The poop throwing is real. Juggalos throw poop and rocks at performers on stage they do not like.  Now going to delete my Google search history.  

Omg, I actually put the dang interview but I guess I thankfully fell asleep to nap before we got to sex. I just cannot imagine that.

Faygo is a drink? Wow, Fargo, Juggalo, ok then..I missed that in school I guess, lol

I will do some research at my local dollar store.

are serious? No Way! Throwing poop is ok to admit and discuss and be around??!

ok, back to the argument over these kids being intervened on, CPS..where are you?

I have heard of people that like others to poop on them, this stuff is horrific, those poor kids although maybe being in the middle of a poop throwing fight is better then having those nasty people in their lives.

3 hours ago, Lizz said:

I google an incredible amount of trash and junk, and also watch live-streamed trials. Never delete your search history! Not only will it be uncovered and you will be asked why you searched and then deleted such things, if it isn't uncovered somehow, like it was too old to be recovered, you reasons for finally snapping and going on a rampage will be lost. 

"Well, ladies and gentlemen of the jury, first I learned there was something called Faygo, then I learned that people pay to watch 600 pound people eat while naked, but the final straw was when I learned that people throw their feces at each other! For fun! And it is expected! Society as we know it is over! We're doomed! So, of course I went on a rampage licking all the donuts and gargling with tequila in the middle of the grocery store. How could I not?"

Temporary insanity defense is a slam dunk.

• Love 9

Apparently they threw shit at Tila Tequlia, and at other people who perform there that they don't like.

I hope the cleanup crew gets hazard pay.  Seriously. 

My bathroom water is shut off at the moment...I'm showering at the gym.  I'm so disappointed that it's cold outside and I can't just hose off naked in the front yard.

• Love 3
15 hours ago, TicketToHellPaid said:

Y'all are haters..you wish you had a fancy Jerry rigged and blue tarp outdoor shower.  Jealous losers....lol 

couldn't resist, lol

I think you meant  jelus h8terz   ;)  

(if you were on a Teen Mom twitter account at least - not sure these folks have rabid fans)

• Love 2

I live in L.A.* and they sell Faygo in grocery stores, dollar stores and gas stations. I had a friend in college who drank the stuff like water. But, I have never heard of Juggalo's until this thread so my friend wasn't one. She drank it just because she liked it LOL 

* L.A. = Lower Alabama 

• Love 1
2 hours ago, Trees said:

Faygo is a Detroit thing. I don't know where else you can buy it. 

Kwik Trip, an atypical gasoline, convenience store, with their own fresh breads, bakery, dairy and meats,  based in Wisconsin, has always sold Faygo.  Until about a month ago, the 24 oz bottles sold for 99 cents.  I'm a big fan of Faygo diet orange.  While I knew about the Juggolos, I didn't know about the Faygo stuff.  Totally weird.  

It blows my mind how entitled these people are. Blaming her parents for all of her problems while they raise her children, and have to move their entire family because she chooses not to get off her ass and stop eating cheeseburgers. SMH.

• Love 3