Type keyword(s) to search

S05.E09: Nicole's Story

Azubah
  • Start Topic

2 hours ago, suev3333 said:

What's with the Kokopeli BS?

The Kokopelli-looking icon is actually something known as "Hatchet Man", which is a symbol used by Juggalos.  If you aren't familiar with them, Google at your own peril.  Nicole is a proud Juggalette.

• LOL 1
  • Love 1

Well, the dvr recorded this and I saw probably the last 30 minutes today --she has had surgery and is sending her parents away; it looks like they have an apartment of their own.  The ending makes it look okay, but I skimmed a few pages to get an idea if I wanted to watch all of it, and I saw the meatloaf with cheetos or cheesitz crackers ( have no idea how to spell items I don't buy).  Anyway, I had just put a meatloaf into the oven so I am already regretting our eating habit for tonight---meatloaf, broccoli and mashed potatoes. 

I think I will pass on researching Juggalos.   Was there ever a follow-up show for this.   (I guess I should go look for a thread)  I hope the cat is okay.

• LOL 2

YEs, there was a follow-up episode.     Nicole and Charlie (boyfriend's name I think?), moved back to Ohio.   The father was in prison, and terminally ill.  

Looking up Juggalos can seriously hurt your brain  

I'm a mean person, and I was surprised when Nicole said the police that raided their place made her lift her belly FUPA, to see if she had a gun or drugs hidden there.  

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Love 2
On 3/18/2019 at 5:42 PM, Hrafnkat said:

The Kokopelli-looking icon is actually something known as "Hatchet Man", which is a symbol used by Juggalos.  If you aren't familiar with them, Google at your own peril.  Nicole is a proud Juggalette.

The ICP fans I knew were all teenagers about 15 years ago and they grew out of the phase as they matured. They weren’t “outcasts” but they weren’t mainstream either.   The gathering every year is another story.  

I’d love to know how much Nicole weighs now.  

• Love 1

I can only imagine what the neighbors' reaction to her getting hosed down on the back porch must be.    I recall from the previous showing that someone said the garage was heated, so half of the year she was hosed down in there.       The hotel room scene is classic, with the flying bed.     I wonder what everyone who must have heard that swearing tirade must have thought?     

Nicole says $850 for a 3 bedroom is more expensive than in Ohio, but that looked like either a very old house, or mobile home (from the really narrow doorways).   $850 for a 3 bedroom isn't expensive, but it would be cheaper than staying in the motel.    I'm so tired of her rants about how hard it is to eat healthy with fast food, but Subway with lots of veggies and without sauce, or mayo, grilled chicken, hamburger without a bun, would work for Dr. Now's diet.     

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Love 3
3 minutes ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

Nicole says $850 for a 3 bedroom is more expensive than in Ohio

She should come to NJ...my two bedroom was $1120, I think...and that was 8 years ago. (Though I'm not sure when this ep was filmed.)

• Love 1

With her parents as tenants, they have to go with an individual that rents, and not a property management company, or a big complex, because most landlords want background checks on all adults, and the parents both have records, mostly the father.    

I could have lived without Nicole's songwriting. 

They weren't just looking for drugs when she had to lift up her folds, I've heard of guns being hidden in folds too.  

Maybe Nicole shouldn't be talking about anything with daddy, after his sublease went to the lock up.  Daddy might be a little extra cranky for a while.  

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Love 1
1 minute ago, JunkFoodTV said:

There once was a Jugette named Nicole.

Charlie would hose her butt hole.

Children would cry

Police would stop by

And inspect jugette's extra roll

I was gonna go to bed but I'm not sure I can with that image in my head...

• LOL 3
2 minutes ago, OoogleEyes said:

I forgot that I did have to smile a little bit there at the end.

On to WATN!

I can't stay up for the whole thing. Not enough sleep lately (had a funeral this weekend and we had a small earthquake last night - because 2020 just keeps on keeping on - ...went to bed at 11ish, woke up at 2 when my house moved, went back to sleep sometime after 4 and alarm went off at 6) and now I'm playing the mental game of allergies? coming down with a cold? too much AC in the office? too little sleep? or the dreaded virus? 

But I just got to see an encore presentation of the porch shower, so I think my evening is complete.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

Nicole says $850 for a 3 bedroom is more expensive than in Ohio, but that looked like either a very old house, or mobile home (from the really narrow doorways).   $850 for a 3 bedroom isn't expensive, but it would be cheaper than staying in the motel.  

My college roommate is from the same town where Nicole lived. It’s partly rural and some of it is economically depressed, so I’m sure Nicole and family maybe paid $600 for their place in Ohio

• Useful 2

My all-time favorite.  Who doesn't love Nicole & her traveling Bunch o' Bastards!!!  It's the episode that keeps on giving no matter how many times TLC shows it.  

1) Porch shower

2) Living room chef

3) Kid wearing diapers who is too old for diapers

4) The rolling hotel bed.  "Who would do this".  Oh I don't know.  Maybe Days Inn (or whatever chain it was) isn't used to housing escapees from Sea World.

5) Charlie The Mouth Breather

6) Constantly berating her family.  How they didn't choke her with their bare hands is beyond me.

7) Sub-leasing to druggies.....probably without the landlord's permission.  Somehow I don't see Charlie & Nicole drawing up a binding legal document for the sub-lease & having it notarized.  Maybe they did but I'll assume no.

• LOL 8

The speculation on the first showing was that the sub-lease in the garage was daddy's dealer.     Dad disappeared for a while after Nicole's surgery, and from what other posters said, he was back in jail.    That's why I suspect that in the follow up when Nicole and mouth breather Charlie moved back to Ohio, that Daddy stayed in Texas.  

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Useful 1
On 3/3/2017 at 10:13 AM, TicketToHellPaid said:

I believe they said the baby had a major sugar crash not because of gestational diabetes but because all Ms. Juggagross ate was sugar during the pregnancy.

They have 3 different last names for the 4 of them.

Darlene's page is still public on FB as well as Nicole's being public still.

eta, if you find one then you can easily find the other 2, I didn't bother looking for the dad, not sure if they have FB in prison.

Do you guys realize they had a drug raid during this show?! Unbelievable! And there's the kids, walking over broken glass and topple furniture..yep..everyday life for this family.

On 3/3/2017 at 10:13 AM, TicketToHellPaid said:

I believe they said the baby had a major sugar crash not because of gestational diabetes but because all Ms. Juggagross ate was sugar during the pregnancy.

They have 3 different last names for the 4 of them.

Darlene's page is still public on FB as well as Nicole's being public still.

eta, if you find one then you can easily find the other 2, I didn't bother looking for the dad, not sure if they have FB in prison.

Do you guys realize they had a drug raid during this show?! Unbelievable! And there's the kids, walking over broken glass and topple furniture..yep..everyday life for this family.

her boyfriend was definitely a drug addict too. Not just her dad. Those kids should not have been in that house AT ALL. I am a recovering addict, I can spot another addict a mile away. I saw her dad was high and her boyfriend... towards the end of the episode she only said “I think my dad is getting high again” like duh so is your man. I was so upset watching this. I just wanted to rescue those babies from that family. 

• Love 1
(edited)

I happened across the rerun today, on Discovery Life.  Nicole was just as entertaining as the other times I watched this.   

I remember they said the porch bathing only happened in warmer weather, using the hot water tap of the washing machine for warm water, and then inside the heated garage in the cooler months.   I can't help but wonder what the poor neighbors thought about her getting cleaned up on the raised back porch.       

Then the classic journey moment where she demanded Charlie stop and get her stuff to eat, and she bought Subway, and didn't get anything for the poor kids in the back seat, and pitched a fit anyway after she got her food.    Then,

the even better moment where she tried to climb into bed, and the bed slid away from her, and she lost it.   

I think my favorite moment is when the illegal garage tenant got busted by the drug police.   Then they searched the main house too, including Nicole being told to lift her stomach folds up to see if she was hiding guns or drugs in there.     I still remember her whining about her father being absent after her surgery, and it turned out that he violated probation, and was in jail/prison again.   

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • LOL 1
  • Love 2