Jump to content
Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
SilverStormm

Season 2: Speculation, News And Spoilers

Recommended Posts

Crossover episode with Dr Who where Jenna Coleman reprises her role as the Doctor's assistant and infiltrates servants' quarters to do...I don't know what.

Perhaps take out all of the other servants so we don't have to deal with them any more.

Share this post


Link to post

Considering Daisy Goodwin said on that fundraising special that the next season would run through 1848 there's a finite amount of stuff that can be covered. Also, we're going to see her give birth to five more of her nine kids next season. Her last kid was born in 1857.

Edited by maraleia

Share this post


Link to post

Wasn't 1848 the year of upheavals among the monarchies across Europe?  If so, we might catch the first glimpse of the Prussian monarchy (which Vicky, the Princess Royal, married into), since IIR, they temporarily fled to England for their own safety.

Share this post


Link to post

deadline.com: Diana Rigg joins cast for Season 2

She'll be the Duchess of Bucchleuch, and serve as Victoria's Mistress of the Robes

No word on whether (Game of Thrones spoiler) 

Spoiler

she'll slip poison into someone's drink

15 hours ago, maraleia said:

Considering Daisy Goodwin said on that fundraising special that the next season would run through 1848 there's a finite amount of stuff that can be covered. Also, we're going to see her give birth to five more of her nine kids next season. Her last kid was born in 1857.

I'm guessing the TV show will cull the herd.

Edited by Constantinople

Share this post


Link to post

Hmpf.  Always a great addition to any cast, but the actual Duchess of Buccheleuch who was Mistress of the Robes came to the Court at the age of 30, in 1841.

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, kassygreene said:

Hmpf.  Always a great addition to any cast, but the actual Duchess of Buccheleuch who was Mistress of the Robes came to the Court at the age of 30, in 1841.

78 is the new 30.

  • Like 8

Share this post


Link to post
On 3/8/2017 at 9:53 AM, Constantinople said:

deadline.com: Diana Rigg joins cast for Season 2

She'll be the Duchess of Bucchleuch, and serve as Victoria's Mistress of the Robes

No word on whether (Game of Thrones spoiler) 

  Reveal hidden contents

she'll slip poison into someone's drink

I'm guessing the TV show will cull the herd.

I don't think so. Daisy seemed adamant on getting that part of Victoria's real life accurate.

Share this post


Link to post

I'll be annoyed if they don't have Victoria have nine children.  The fact that she had so many children is such a well known fact and will play a role in her future.  If nothing else they must include Vicky (already included and eldest), Bertie (heir), Leopold (hemophilia) and Beatrice (her mother's constant companion).  Also having one of the middle girls and another of the boys seems fairly necessary to me.  It just seems to make sense to stick to the facts at that point and include the other three.  That said next season is going to be full of pregnancies and births.  I'm going to assume that it'll become more of a background plot and not quite as focused as her first with the exception of Bertie's birth since that has to be a bit of a big deal.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
9 hours ago, Nire said:

I'll be annoyed if they don't have Victoria have nine children.  The fact that she had so many children is such a well known fact and will play a role in her future.  If nothing else they must include Vicky (already included and eldest), Bertie (heir), Leopold (hemophilia) and Beatrice (her mother's constant companion).  Also having one of the middle girls and another of the boys seems fairly necessary to me.  It just seems to make sense to stick to the facts at that point and include the other three.  That said next season is going to be full of pregnancies and births.  I'm going to assume that it'll become more of a background plot and not quite as focused as her first with the exception of Bertie's birth since that has to be a bit of a big deal.

Alice (second daughter) was pretty important as well, being the one to manage Queen Victoria's affairs after Albert died.  She was also the mother of the future Empress Alexandra of Russia and Prince Phillip's great-grandmother.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
5 hours ago, Brn2bwild said:

Alice (second daughter) was pretty important as well, being the one to manage Queen Victoria's affairs after Albert died.  She was also the mother of the future Empress Alexandra of Russia and Prince Phillip's great-grandmother.

Definitely!  I really think cutting out any of the children would be problematic.  I hope they don't go that route.  I'd prefer a slight time jump and then oh look they have four children.  

I also feel like the servants storylines need to  go because eventually her children are going to demand storylines of their own and there is only so much time.  I'd rather see Vicky adapting to marriage then Nancy still pining over someone or trying to get her friend's daughter a job or something.

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post

Oh, I agree.  Cutting out any of V and A's children would be a HUGE mistake.  I could see a time jump between seasons (not necessarily between seasons 1 and 2, perhaps a later season) and the majority of the younger children born then, but all of them need to be part of the show in some way.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post

It is perfectly feasible to keep QV's family life separate from her political life & professional duties in a 2nd season. A good script will give proper room for each. Victoria's entire life was interesting; hopefully S2 will hold our attention as well.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

I wonder how much time will pass in season 2.  I think it'll be easy to keep the children extremely minor characters and mostly off screen until they are older.  It'll b e a tough balancing act as the children get older and demand their own stories told.  I'm not sure after watching season 1 if they'll be able to pull it off.  I felt the pacing with the servants and royals was poorly done.

Share this post


Link to post
32 minutes ago, lilsadone said:

We are 2 episodes into season 2 now. How do we get new episode threads?

I've created them both, but users are free to create them too, just fyi.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
×