Type keyword(s) to search

S05.E15: Death Trap (1)

WendyCR72
  • Start Topic

There's a week off before the next episode, which airs on a Wednesday, as part of crossover night with all Chicago shows, (minus Chicago Med) including the premiere of Chicago Justice. This episode airs first at 8:00 p.m.:

Truck and squad are called to aid in a massive all-city response when an old, ill-equipped factory-turned live/work space quickly turns into a firestorm, trapping countless unsuspecting victims. The dire situation quickly turns personal when it is discovered that one of Chicago PD's own has a family member at the scene. With the rescued victims in need of serious medical attention, the doctors and nurses of Chicago Med are tested as the major influx of patients are brought through their doors. Meanwhile, in the aftermath, the building owner steps forward to cooperate with the ongoing investigation, but the situation takes a sudden and unexpected turn.

Who cleaned up the bathroom?  Squad or Truck?

A pretty good, action packed episode.  Otis can actually brag a bit again.

A replacement for Connie?  New storyline or what?  Has Severide banged her yet?

• Love 3

That was pretty gruesome. A totally serious episode.

Connie went on vacation and didn't even tell her boss, Boden? All rightee then.

So now Anna will be on Med and we can have crossovers whenever she and Severide have a date. Sweet. 

That was an excellent episode, but did seem a wee bit scattered.  Not sure exactly why, maybe because they were trying to fit too much into just each hour?

I didn't get the point of the new girl either, unless the actress that plays Connie was unavailable for some reason.

I also like Severide with April, but maybe Anna will grow on us once the character gets more air time on Med?

I think the point of the new girl was as a surrogate for the audience. While the firefighters are battleweary and have seen this, Connie would have been the same. She is new, overwhelmed and not sure what to do, they needed a new person to show the shock and awe that this situation would cause in others. 

• Love 4

I watched about a half hour of this and shut it off as soon as I realized it was nothing more than a jumping off point for PD, Med and Justice. Half an hour in and they were already switching over to hospital scenes. Granted, I knew that going in, but I can easily skip it and won't miss a thing.

• Love 1

I liked this episode and the beginning was cool. 

I didn't think he'd kill himself but it makes sense. 

I'm not sure why but I didn't like that Gabby and Brett were trying to bring two people together. They didn't seem like boyfriend and girlfriend kind of thing. But it was still nice they did that. 

(edited)

This plot seamed like it was stolen from the Oakland warehouse fire. Right down to the fact they were struggling artists and people living in the building too.

I like Anna glad to see her stick around.

Edited by Artsda
10 hours ago, iMonrey said:

I watched about a half hour of this and shut it off as soon as I realized it was nothing more than a jumping off point for PD, Med and Justice. Half an hour in and they were already switching over to hospital scenes. Granted, I knew that going in, but I can easily skip it and won't miss a thing.

It's just annoying. I don't have the time / don't want to watch four shows just to see what happens, smh. 

I liked this episode because of the actual action. There was no personal Gabby drama, no "out to get the chief" drama, no Severide/Casey BS storylines.  I knew the building owner was going to kill himself. Pretty intense scene in the bathroom. 

Now I'm forced to watch PD. Ugh!! 

• Love 3

I liked this episode as well.  I want them to focus on the calls so was happy this did that.

I really like that every time Casey is forced to deal with Voight, Jesse adds just a subtle move or expression to let you know Casey isn't happy about it.  It is so ridiculous that Voight is still employed; I appreciate Jesse continuing to make clear Casey can barely be civil to him.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Artsda said:

This plot seamed like it was stolen from the Oakland warehouse fire. Right down to the fact they were struggling artists and people living in the building too.

It's not "stealing." They took a real life event as inspiration. It happens all the time on Wolf's shows.

Great episode. Bowden was awesome, as usual. Loved Mouch comforting the girl at the hospital.

• Love 3
5 minutes ago, LittleIggy said:

It's not "stealing." They took a real life event as inspiration. It happens all the time on Wolf's shows.

Yep, it was the backbone of the entire Law & Order franchise; now the Chicago franchise is getting in on the action, too.

This one worked for me on every level. Finally they show us a realistic response to a major fire and its after effects for everybody concerned. Good point about NewGirl™ being the focal point for the pearl-clutching audience members. That was about as real a scene as you can do within the confines of network television. Betcha there were a ton of CFD firehouses tuned in to catch members' cameos! My compliments on the makeup artists and VFX crews as well. And taken as a whole, this was two hours of very enjoyable television (well, 3 x 42 minutes). Welcome back Law and Order, too. How I've missed you!

• Love 5
9 hours ago, LittleIggy said:

Exactly, they even advertise it as "ripped from the headlines."  I like when they do that, but it is a fine line to do it well.  I thought it was good.

• Love 1
10 hours ago, Crs97 said:

I really like that every time Casey is forced to deal with Voight, Jesse adds just a subtle move or expression to let you know Casey isn't happy about it.  It is so ridiculous that Voight is still employed; I appreciate Jesse continuing to make clear Casey can barely be civil to him.

YES!!  While I am actually a big Voight fan, it does defy all reality that he is not in jail, much less running the most prestigious unit in CPD.  Casey looks like he wants to projectile vomit every time he sees him, and rightfully so!

I usually think crossover's are lame but I loved this one and all 3 shows.  It made sense and followed a cohesive story.

The only slight negative I have is that the minute the owner asked where the bathroom was I knew exactly what was coming.  They just don't add mundane details like that into the story without a significant purpose.

• Love 3
21 hours ago, LonelyTown said:

It's just annoying. I don't have the time / don't want to watch four shows just to see what happens, smh. 

I watched the whole damn thing and never got any follow up as to what happened with Mouch. Last I saw he was waiting in triage and talking to a victim. A damn balcony dropped on his head and there was never any update regarding his condition.

20 hours ago, NJRadioGuy said:

This one worked for me on every level. Finally they show us a realistic response to a major fire and its after effects for everybody concerned. 

Realistic except for the fact that we never saw anyone spray any water on the fire of course.

Regarding Mouch, he said he was going to check in at the nurses station.  When he was comforting the victim, he looked like he was bandaged up with an ice pack on his knee.  I thought it would be cliche, but apparently he didn't keel over in some deserted part of the hospital.

I watched the whole damn thing and never got any follow up as to what happened with Mouch. Last I saw he was waiting in triage and talking to a victim. A damn balcony dropped on his head and there was never any update regarding his condition.

Everyone at that firehouse has magic healing powers, just like superheroes and cartoon characters.

15 hours ago, Crs97 said:

Regarding Mouch, he said he was going to check in at the nurses station.  When he was comforting the victim, he looked like he was bandaged up with an ice pack on his knee.  I thought it would be cliche, but apparently he didn't keel over in some deserted part of the hospital.

I know, right? The fact that he didn't have a head injury was ridiculous. 

21 hours ago, Crs97 said:
On 3/3/2017 at 0:45 AM, NJRadioGuy said:

Realistic except for the fact that we never saw anyone spray any water on the fire of course.

OMG I kept saying the same thing lol! And would the El really be running so close to such a huge blaze?

other than those nit picks, I really liked the episode. As others have said, there was very little Gabby, no personal drama BS. It was all about the fire and its aftermath. This is what I want from a show called Chicago FIRE.

• Love 3
On 3/2/2017 at 7:47 PM, Artsda said:

Yeah.... this hit too close to home. Literally/figuratively. I'm not sure how I feel about it.

On 2/3/2017 at 8:23 PM, iMonrey said:

I actually really liked the episode, but as I was watching it I was thinking that everytime they do a crossover, CF just doesn't "feel" the same. I couldn't explain it, but for some reason the episodes from crossovers always felt kinda strange. I guess this is why; it was a great episode but it was more of a set up for the other shows.

7 hours ago, dreamcatcher said:

I actually really liked the episode, but as I was watching it I was thinking that everytime they do a crossover, CF just doesn't "feel" the same. I couldn't explain it, but for some reason the episodes from crossovers always felt kinda strange. I guess this is why; it was a great episode but it was more of a set up for the other shows.

I admit, normally, when there is a crossover, I just watch CF if there is a crossover with PD or Med. Usually I just ask about the two shows. lol 

Justice on the other hand, I am recording it and will see how it goes. 

On 3/2/2017 at 0:33 AM, Dowel Jones said:

Who cleaned up the bathroom?  Squad or Truck?

A pretty good, action packed episode.  Otis can actually brag a bit again.

A replacement for Connie?  New storyline or what?  Has Severide banged her yet?

LOL I wouldn't be Surpised but I hope Severide doesn't bang her. I'm getting tired of him banging bascially every female. I'm still shocked he didn't bang Slyive back when she started on the show. Plus I like Anna and I'm hoping she's meant to be his first serious girlfriend 

On 3/2/2017 at 10:47 PM, Artsda said:

I read an article about this crossover and It was ripped from the headlines about that fire

On 3/5/2017 at 11:00 PM, Waterston Fan said:

I admit, normally, when there is a crossover, I just watch CF if there is a crossover with PD or Med. Usually I just ask about the two shows. lol 

I like both Fire and PD, so this crossover worked for me without Med having its own hour. Just the characters popping up was the perfect amount for me. 

• Love 1
On 3/2/2017 at 8:26 PM, LonelyTown said:

It's just three shows. There's no Chicago Med episode part of this.