Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E08: Sprained Relationships

OnceSane
  • Start Topic

Christina is really exhausting. I've been on to her since early on. She's an insecure hanger-on that uses her "meddling" as a way of trying to get in good with people. She likes presenting her would-be BFFs with bits of info that she believes will ingratiate them to her. "Oh, thanks, Christina for telling me that Carl and Jacyn were flirting. Now I know you really have my back! Want to go braid each other's hair???" But no. It's just sloppy. 

Of course Carl and Lauren are back to being all up on each other. All he had to do was say, "I'm single, I can do what I want" then go in for the kiss and all was forgiven! He's such an obvious player and Lauren is an obvious fool. Unless....she actually is just looking for a fun summer fling and her pearl clutching over some of his actions is because that's how she thinks others think she should react (namely her sister). If not, she just stands to get hurt all over again. 

Poor Ashley, that had to suck. Her husband was almost kind of, "That's what you get for choosing to spend your summer in the Hamptons instead of with me".

Of course Everett was lying about that night. Four people, four girls, whatever. He's lying about something. That relationship is so toxic. I loved when they were openly fighting at the restaurant and Kyle starts complimenting the food. 

• Love 4
On 2/28/2017 at 8:10 AM, ghoulina said:

Poor Ashley, that had to suck. Her husband was almost kind of, "That's what you get for choosing to spend your summer in the Hamptons instead of with me".

If she's not careful, she's going to find herself single again like her sister. Then she won't be able to be the "together" sister any longer. Get home to your perfect husband that you love so much, Ashley! 

Everett and Lindsey= sick relationship. It reminds me of your first high school romance. Fighting, making up. All. the. time. These two need to grow up. It must be incredible sex. It's the only reason I can think of why a grown man who has been through hell on earth in Iraq would waste his time on this relationship. 

Edited by bichonblitz
  • Love 6

I felt a little bad for Cristina - what she said to Carl was blown way out of proportion - especially when Lauren never knew what precisely Cristina said, and Carl just vaguely hinted that Cristina said something that indicated that Lauren was way more into him than he was into her.  Cristina basically said "be careful and you don't cross a Wirkus lightly" which seems much less than telling Carl that Lauren was super into him or something.  But of course Lauren just assumes that Cristina said some big thing that made Carl run off.

Also, the Carl/Jaclyn flirting was pretty obvious and terrible, ending with Carl proclaiming Jaclyn was sleeping in his bed.  I would think a friend of mine would want to know that about some guy that she was into.

Cristina may be a meddler and hanger-on, but at least in this instance I didn't think she was that out of line, and everything seemed blown way out of proportion in relation to what she actually said.

• Love 13
(edited)
9 hours ago, hilaryvm said:

Cristina may be a meddler and hanger-on, but at least in this instance I didn't think she was that out of line, and everything seemed blown way out of proportion in relation to what she actually said.

Agree 100%.  It bums me out when a woman channels her hurt/anger into blame for another woman, rather than admitting that her DB dude is not, in fact, "that into her".  Especially if the guy does not get together with her, at all, during the week (when they live in the same city!!).    It seems that people are much more comfortable feeling anger/blame than they are feeling sadness/rejection.

Edited by OldButHappy
  • Love 8

I felt a little bad for Cristina - what she said to Carl was blown way out of proportion - especially when Lauren never knew what precisely Cristina said, and Carl just vaguely hinted that Cristina said something that indicated that Lauren was way more into him than he was into her.  Cristina basically said "be careful and you don't cross a Wirkus lightly" which seems much less than telling Carl that Lauren was super into him or something.  But of course Lauren just assumes that Cristina said some big thing that made Carl run off.

Also, the Carl/Jaclyn flirting was pretty obvious and terrible, ending with Carl proclaiming Jaclyn was sleeping in his bed.  I would think a friend of mine would want to know that about some guy that she was into.

Completely agree, and Steven has said/done far worse yet completely escapes blame.  

Everett and Lindsay deserve each other. They're equally crazy, annoying, and self-involved. 

I LOVED the preview of Christina's perfect response to Lindsay accusing her of being jealous of their relationship.

• Love 5
16 hours ago, hilaryvm said:

I felt the same way.  Don't get me wrong, there are times when Cristina needs to learn to keep quiet and not insinuate herself into other people's business but, in this instance, I felt like she was the fall guy for Carl's crappy behavior.  There is no way that it's Cristina's fault that Carl backed off.  At any point between then and now, Carl could've acted like a grown up and talked to Lauren about expectations and feelings.  He didn't.  He used a comment from several weeks prior to put the blame on someone else so he could seem like an innocent person who was led to believe something else so it wasn't really his fault and Lauren would have someone else to blame.  I think that was nothing more than Carl shifting the blame from himself to Cristina.  Lauren should've seen the red flags when he tried using the excuse of being a little boy who still needed help figuring out what to do in relationships when he took the date to the wedding and lied about it to Lauren. 

• Love 5

I do agree that despite Christina's meddling, Carl backed off for his OWN reasons. 

Also, he did seem to be trying to be diplomatic, but then he leaned in for a KISS! He's gamey as hell. 

• Love 4

SO gamey!  Lauren really, really needs to stop trying to make Carl happen.  Everett continually and blatantly lying to Lindsay about going to bed with 4 people makes me incredibly uncomfortable (because he's LYING), and the discomfort is only made worse by his lack of upper lip.  Like he doesn't even look good when he's doing it.  He's just gross.  How come everybody wasn't wearing Birddogs for lizard lips 5k?  Product placement Kyle.

• Love 1

It wouldn't surprise me if Cristina actually said more to Carl than we were shown. She made the ho comments to his guests under the guise of supporting Lauren and we also didn't see her tell Amanda about Kyle kissing her roommate only her explaining to a pissed off Kyle that she only said it to help his relationship with Amanda.

The more I watch the more I'm convinced that Everett practices his brooding intense war vet look in the mirror. I hate laughing because he is a war vet but the look and the voice are just so fake to me. 

Did not married twin really say that married twin was "literally dying" when she was in the hospital for a sprained ankle?  I heard it when she was on the phone from the hospital talking to Karl. 

I can't believe the summer goal of not married twin was to find a guy and be on the way to dating him, she sounds like she's 13 years old.  From the look of it, she doesn't care what kind of guy it is, as long as its a guy, Karl has made it pretty clear what kind of guy he is.  She seems pretty desperate.  I wonder how long before she moves to California to live with married twin. 

• Love 6
(edited)

When this show spun off from that Vanderpump episode I wouldn't have predicted  Kyle as the voice of reason and the least annoying member of the crew. 

Lol at Ashley Twin crying on the phone to her husband about how she needed to spend the summer in NY because of Lauren.  Yeah, that and trying to become a minor Bravo-lebrity.....

Carl is grody and I loved the part where Lauren is claiming there is no proof he hooked up with the California girl as they show clips of him doing just that.  

Edited by Rubyslippahz
  • Love 2
On Thursday, March 02, 2017 at 9:52 PM, Maharincess said:

I can't believe the summer goal of not married twin was to find a guy and be on the way to dating him, she sounds like she's 13 years old.  From the look of it, she doesn't care what kind of guy it is, as long as its a guy, Karl has made it pretty clear what kind of guy he is.  She seems pretty desperate.  I wonder how long before she moves to California to live with married twin. 

... and fucks her sister's husband.  ;-)

• Love 1

Um, Lauren, I think Carl "caught on" that you're more into him than he is into you by the way you confront him about your "relationship" EVERY damn weekend, the way YOU get everyone in the house involved in talking about it/confronting him, the way Ashley is always yelling at Carl on your behalf, and how you brought in your parents and siblings to meet your "boyfriend." But, sure. Let's blame Christina. Don't get me wrong. Christina is annoying as hell, and if we could blame her here, I would. But, come on! Yeah, Lauren, you played it so cool with Carl, how would he EVER gotten the impression you're vested in the "relationship"?

• Love 4