Type keyword(s) to search

S23.E13: Brand Like A Boss

13 hours ago, HunterHunted said:

@Mabinogia I completely agree. Courtney has the face, but she doesn't have the personality and they don't have the time or luxury of having her learn to look approachable on the job.

Coryanne has a blankness that makes her unappealing.

If you've seen House of DVF, where young women compete to be a Global Brand Ambassador for Diane von Furstenberg, Tatianna would be perfect for that.

Yep, you're right, she would be a good fit for House of DVF.  I hate to say it, but yeah, she is just a pretty girl, and thats about it.  There isn't anything stunning about Tatiana, but she does fit their "boss" theme.  

I think, and hope that India wins.  They really need to address that hair.

I've grown to like Courtney, and was so happy when she was joking about RBF.  I think she is one of those contestants that is an actual model that will book work after this.  But there is no excuse, as much of a model as Courtney is, she needs to practice "naturally happy" in a mirror for a few hours a day.

I really do feel like they are hoping that CoreyAnne and her mother could be part of some reality show.  Because I can't explain her being around otherwise.

On a shallow note, there must be a terribly aging portrait of CoreyAnne's mother somewhere because that women barely looks like she has aged.  And after living so hard too?

12 hours ago, sourpickles said:

Can't say I keeled over with shock when Courtney went home, she's been sliding for a while, though her challenge wins should have counted for something.  I KNEW Tatiana would be top three, and Coryanne, actually.  That left India and Courtney, and India has been far stronger lately.  I'll catch it for this, but I was unaware RBF was an disability to be overcome.  That Rimmel shoot was kind of lame.  Those stills we saw, to me, everyone's face looked super flat, I don't know if it was the angles or what.  The finale is going to be something to behold. 

LOL, my sister has a clinical case of RBF, and I'm the exact opposite.  

I can say that my sister gets bothered a lot less by random strangers, so its probably an asset.

You know, they might pick Tatianna, because it seems like the only people who have the "London Look" are Rita Ora and Kate Moss.

7 hours ago, Lamb18 said:

I just started watching this episode and the first thing that struck me is Rita's Charlie Brown dress. What's with the zig zags?

I was more curious about what the pattern was on her back...cupping maybe?

• Love 1
2 hours ago, absolutqt said:

And now with that picture, swankie has reminded me how unfortunate Tatiana 's hair looked during judging.  Soft waves?  Bouncy curls?  I'm not sure which look she was trying to achieve but she missed on both counts.  

I was wondering if it was close enough after the "actual" "rain" shoot that their various hairstyles were still affected from the drenching.  

For some reason I always focus on the (height? slope?) of Tatiana's forehead (especially when she put a row of bobby pins in next to her forehead, and that was for judging, not during makeup), and somehow this judging-hairstyle distracted me from it, so I didn't mind.

1 minute ago, Jobiska said:

For some reason I always focus on the (height? slope?) of Tatiana's forehead (especially when she put a row of bobby pins in next to her forehead, and that was for judging, not during makeup), and somehow this judging-hairstyle distracted me from it, so I didn't mind.

Hahaha!  Yes!  Was it you or someone else a few shows back who described Tatiana as having a "3.5 head" instead of a fore(4)head?  I didn't notice that until it was pointed out, now I can't unsee it. 

Good point about the water from the shoot.  I know what my hair looks like after a good drenching --- I have no room to talk.

Just now, absolutqt said:

Hahaha!  Yes!  Was it you or someone else a few shows back who described Tatiana as having a "3.5 head" instead of a fore(4)head?  I didn't notice that until it was pointed out, now I can't unsee it. 

Good point about the water from the shoot.  I know what my hair looks like after a good drenching --- I have no room to talk.

Yeah, that was me.  And she is really a pretty girl, of course--it's just a feature I notice for some reason.

Everyone's hair was sort of textured differently than usual (well, maybe not India's)--even Courtney's was sort of wavy--so that's why I thought of the water.  

(edited)

I still think CoryAnne looks like Maya Rudolph and think she should have been gone already.  Not seeing what they're seeing in her.    

I didn't even know Tatiana had a face when she went on the first go see to the designer whose line she knew.  Afterwards I thought she looked pretty but she's not the most photogenic girl I've ever seen.  Good that Rita likes her. That'll get her far…  Tati seems to think she has it all together so Law's brutal honesty must've been a surprise.  

I think Courtney has the face for modeling and hope she's successful outside of this odd competition.  

Drew's little smile as he watched India's Rimmel commercial shoot.  Priceless.  Get it, India.  

Edited by Kareem
  • Love 3

I hope India's got this, but I still remember Laura James beating Leila Goldkuhl a few years ago, and that sure looked at the time like it was based on Laura's father having been an actor on Dynasty. When you look at their post-show careers Laura's win looks even more undeserved. So I'm not counting CoryAnne out yet, because this show has sucked up to minor celebrities before. I'm just hoping this time they buck their previous inclinations.

• Love 4

When they gave Tati that weave, they ruined her. That was the only thing interesting about her look and gave her a little edge. Long hair makes her look like your average pretty girl.

India should win. Which is why I know she won't.

I am so disappointed in this show. For me, the big payoff on this show has always been the photography. I don't care about the personalities, the drama, etc.  What fascinated me was hearing the concept for the shoot and watching it all come together to produce an impactful image. The photo shoots this cycle were just bad. I take that back. I did like the naked shoot (although I don't understand the point of making the models pose naked, knowing you're going to blur out the final result. I'd rather see them pose in underwear, unblurred). All the other shoots sucked. Bad concepts, bad photography, bad lighting, bad modeling, or some combination thereof.  Even the dumbest shoots when Tyra was there were better than any of the shoots this cycle. Including the dumbest idea ever - asking a deaf guy to shoot in pitch blackness.

I don't think I'll be back for another cycle. I definitely won't be back if Cory wins.

• Love 7

I won't remember this as a cycle with photo shoots. My memory says there was a fair bit of dancing, some video work, a selfies challenge, and that's about it. 

It's hard to pick a winner when the prize is a deal with the network. I guess of those left Cory has the most reality TV potential, but I can imagine Tatiana hosting some random reunion shows from their current slate. India...doesn't fit the network. 

Back to her commercial- was it a lot of shots of her feet because she sucked? Or was that just how it wound up? 

I can't vow to never watch again because I always do, and I'm always excited when it starts. Thank you for letting me confess that. 

• Love 7
2 hours ago, phoenix780 said:

It's hard to pick a winner when the prize is a deal with the network. I guess of those left Cory has the most reality TV potential, but I can imagine Tatiana hosting some random reunion shows from their current slate. India...doesn't fit the network. 

I hadn't watched VH1 in years before this show moved, so I went to their web site just now and looked at their current programming. You're right, India doesn't fit the network as it is right now. Maybe they're going to create a show for Cory and her mom.

• Love 2
3 hours ago, phoenix780 said:

can't vow to never watch again because I always do, and I'm always excited when it starts. Thank you for letting me confess that

Yep.  So much THIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  I still watch shows I've watched for ages, in some cases over a decade, and..........yet I don't quit.  Come close, but not quite.  The only thing I'll be hate watching with a fair amount of dread chaser right now is Project Runway.  Other than that, I'm doing my best to have hope.  You Gotta Have Hope, right? 

• Love 4

I actually enjoyed this season, more so than the last couple of seasons by Tyra. At least I have no real disagreement with the order of elimination so far and win or lose, at least the panel recognizes regularly that India is a good model. Tyra's panel eliminations are much more nonsensical.

The only change I would make is replacing Ashley on panel with another lady. Many of her comments and critiques are out-of-touch (IMHO). Just in this episode alone, she praised people who did terribly (like Coryanne) and she is always saying something ridiculous. Sorry, but she has bad taste in fashion. Drew is professional and relatively fair with comments, so I am OK with keeping him. I love everything that comes out of Law's mouth. He can't help being brutally honest and he really has an eye for fashion. I will take Rita as a host; I just hope the "Rita alerts" could be improved. I hate the "selfie" look of it and how she shoves her face really close to the camera at an unflattering angle. I much prefer the style of how they filmed the "Tyra alerts".

• Love 5
8 hours ago, sourpickles said:

Yep.  So much THIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  I still watch shows I've watched for ages, in some cases over a decade, and..........yet I don't quit.  Come close, but not quite.  The only thing I'll be hate watching with a fair amount of dread chaser right now is Project Runway.  Other than that, I'm doing my best to have hope.  You Gotta Have Hope, right? 

Poor Project Runway.  Such a terrible, terrible show.  But yes- hope springs eternal!

8 hours ago, waving feather said:

I will take Rita as a host; I just hope the "Rita alerts" could be improved. I hate the "selfie" look of it and how she shoves her face really close to the camera at an unflattering angle. I much prefer the style of how they filmed the "Tyra alerts".

What? You don't find them intimate, like you're getting a message from a friend or family member? </sarcasm>  

I'm told it's generational, how one responds to that style of recording, which is probably why I try to enjoy it. I want to feel young. I do think it's an improvement over the contestants trying to read it, especially that one cycle where they tried to do so in unison.

• Love 4
19 minutes ago, phoenix780 said:

What? You don't find them intimate, like you're getting a message from a friend or family member? </sarcasm>  

I'm told it's generational, how one responds to that style of recording, which is probably why I try to enjoy it. I want to feel young. I do think it's an improvement over the contestants trying to read it, especially that one cycle where they tried to do so in unison.

Yeah, well,  I'm old according to the demos, and I find all this social stuff tiresome when it gets out of control.  And the cutesy RitAlerts and TyraMail about do me in.  I think you are talking about C10 when they read them out loud like that.  Drove Mr. Pickles nuts, but he's made me promise not to reveal our real names cause he'd lose his man card knowing all about ANTM and other "girly" shows.  OTOH, we do the best we can, right?  That's why this show is back................

• Love 1