Type keyword(s) to search

S08.E15: We’re Planning a June Wedding

The episode title is from dialogue in the pilot when Caroline was crushing on Stefan and semi-stalking him:

Caroline: His name is Stefan Salvatore. He lives with uncle up at the old Salvatore Boarding House. He hasn't lived here since he was a kid. Military family, so they moved around a lot. He's a Gemini, and his favorite color is blue.

Bonnie: You got all of that in one day?

Caroline: Oh, please, I got all that between third and fourth period. We're planning a June wedding.

• Love 1

Holy shit, Matt's mom! When she was vomiting up black shit, I was convinced they were going to do the succubus storyline that they dropped back in season 1. So I was surprised to find that she had died and snuck back across the bell threshold. Along with Vicki, apparently. 

Kind of hilarious that Caroline and Stefan pretty much accidentally got married because they thought Katherine would interrupt it.

• Love 2

What did Vicki do to end up in hell?  Vicki never killed anyone even when she was a vampire.  She partied in high school.  If that's an offense that sends you to hell, then once again just about everyone is going to end up in Cade's hell.

• Love 8
(edited)

I loved the episode, however, I'm so sick of everyone giving Enzo this Elena-like praise. 

The dude on first meeting (I think) tried to kill Bonnie, Stefan took false blame for Maggie's death to save her then and there. 

Enzo proceeds to kill Stefan's human girlfriend because Caroline was friendzoned.

Then he murdered Monigue 

drags out Sarah Salvatore, eventually leading to her death, (in a plan to actively ruin Stefan's life by reenacting Stelena)

Stefan then let's him slide for all of this and kidnapping Caroline, AND reviving Rayna Cruz. 

Ripper Stefan kills him and I'm supposed to fee this unforgiving conviction? No. I feel for Bonnie, but also don't because the Bonnie and Enzo pairing was so rushed and left Enzo without so much needed development that I can care less. 

Other than that, and Alaric acting like he had a shot with Caroline my favorite parts of the episode:

Damon listing the series' villains was great.

Stefan drunk was even greater

im assuming Klaus sent the tiara, not a fan of the pairing but anything of Klaus at this point I like. 

Stefan bringing up the first real Steroline moment in 4x19. 

Bonnie saving the girls

Bonnie dying in Stefan's arms was weirdly Idk, placed? I love any scene with PW KG together though. I wonder how he tells everyone. 

Edited by TaylorBruh25
  • Love 2
23 minutes ago, TigerLynx said:

What did Vicki do to end up in hell?  Vicki never killed anyone even when she was a vampire.  She partied in high school.  If that's an offense that sends you to hell, then once again just about everyone is going to end up in Cade's hell.

Cade's requirements for coming to his hell have yet to make sense to me this season.  Nor how Stefan has been shot, stabbed, and who knows what else but the cure is still in his body. I've given up trying to find any logic in these last few episodes and just plan on enjoying the pretty. 

• Love 2

I'm glad Ric didn't go and Bonnie shouldn't have given in.  Caroline gave into Stefan instantly. She didn't care if he ruined Bonnie's life and killed Enzo.  Bonnie's always the one that has to suck it up and put everyone else first, while they all don't give a damn at all about how she hurts and sacrifices.

Just like nobody cares Damon killed Tyler.  Caroline also doesn't seem to care about the danger being a Salvatore brings her kids. How about putting them first? 

I couldn't decide which I disliked more.  Characters lining up to absolve Stefan of killing Enzo, and so many other people because Ripper Stefan isn't really Stefan, or Caroline drinking a toast to her mother with Damon.  At one time, I actually liked Damon's friendships with Alaric and Liz because I thought (way back in Season One) they would lead to Damon being a better person.  I was so very wrong.

If Bonnie is dead, and not just passed out, then my dislike for this episode will increase a 1000 times.

• Love 4

I had fallen behind a few weeks and binged to catch up so I was able to watch this episode live and I missed having the option of fast forwarding through Bonnie and Enzo schmoopy scenes because yarrg.

Maybe the cure has to be pulled out of the neck? Maybe it has to be from someone supernatural like the rings? Fanwanking the shit out of this because only one episode left til I'm free! 

• Love 1
(edited)

The episode over-all could have been a boring slog if not for a few genuinely sweet, and even cool moments.

I will be forever salty the show didn't give Bonnie and Enzo a chance to happen naturally and on screen. KG and MM were so damn good in their scenes, especially in that last one. I believe they could have been one of the better couples on the show if they had given the actors time to breathe and grow into the relationship over time.

Bonnie better get a happy ending. And, no, becoming a teacher at Alaric's magic school does not count as a happy ending, Show. Shit didn't fly on Charmed and it won't fly on Vampire Diaries. No. NO.

I used to hate the idea Caroline would forgive Damon, but after the death and mayhem she caused when she turned off her humanity I can accept Caroline taking a flexible "glasshouses" approach to Damon. It made their practice toast scene pleasant to watch.

I loved Bonnie and the twins handling that fire, it was one of the coolest displays of magic the show has had in a long time.

While Katherine didn't show up in person, her scheme was suitably scheming. Using Matt's mom and Vicki was a great twist I did not see coming. Still disappointed Katherine didn't put in an appearance, though.

Edited by steelyis
Grammer is hard
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, TaylorBruh25 said:

I loved the episode, however, I'm so sick of everyone giving Enzo this Elena-like praise. 

The dude on first meeting (I think) tried to kill Bonnie, Stefan took false blame for Maggie's death to save her then and there. 

Enzo proceeds to kill Stefan's human girlfriend because Caroline was friendzoned.

Then he murdered Monigue 

drags out Sarah Salvatore, eventually leading to her death, (in a plan to actively ruin Stefan's life by reenacting Stelena)

Stefan then let's him slide for all of this and kidnapping Caroline, AND reviving Rayna Cruz. 

Ripper Stefan kills him and I'm supposed to fee this unforgiving conviction? No. I feel for Bonnie, but also don't because the Bonnie and Enzo pairing was so rushed and left Enzo without so much needed development that I can care less. 

Let's not forget the part where Enzo kidnaps Bonnie and holds her captive for months in order to "protect" her until she develops Stockholm Syndrome and becomes obsessed with him which their entire relationship is based on.

So I guess it's true, with all the souls damned in 4000 years to Hell somehow some two bit vamp like Katherine happens to be the most evil of them all... I guess all the serial killers, would be world conquerers, and genocidal maniacs throughout history are just small potatoes compared to a twisted chick with hella issues.

It wouldn't be Vampire Diaries if the protagonists didn't come up with a half baked plan that a 3 year old could've seen through and stopped much less their target, so standard fare.

• Love 6

Every once in a while Paul Wesley has a way of pulling out his best work that stuns me. He's never a bad actor, but he's not showy like Ian or Nina, so when he decides to go all in, he blows me away. Man did he sell watching Caroline coming down the aisle, just in the eyes.

I really hope he moves on to big things after this.

• Love 12
(edited)
18 hours ago, TaylorBruh25 said:

Then he murdered Monigue 

Other than that, and Alaric acting like he had a shot with Caroline my favorite parts of the episode:

Damon listing the series' villains was great.

Stefan drunk was even greater

im assuming Klaus sent the tiara, not a fan of the pairing but anything of Klaus at this point I like. 

Stefan bringing up the first real Steroline moment in 4x19. 

Bonnie saving the girls

Bonnie dying in Stefan's arms was weirdly Idk, placed? I love any scene with PW KG together though. I wonder how he tells everyone. 

Dang it, I had my hopes up to see Katherine. Anyhow I liked that Episode except like you said for the double standard between Stefan in the doghouse and Damon and Enzo being the good guys. 

I think Bonnie is still alive,

Spoiler

she's holding hands with Caroline in the finale.

Edited by saoirse
Added spoiler tag
  • Love 1
(edited)

Now that we know EVERYONE goes to hell and the door is wide open thanks to that stupid fucking bell, I was kind of hoping Tyler would stroll up to everyone at the end of the episode to give his own toast: "Hey, Damon. Thanks for killing me, YOU DICK. Caroline and Stefan, thanks for having your wedding at my family home and getting it blown up. Remember when you called ME the love of your life? As in, 'Klaus, thank you for the lovely pony picture, but you have banished the love of my life so I can't be with you.' Sorry, was I not supposed to bring that up?"

I want to know why Vickie was in hell too. I'm not saying I endorse Dante's idea of having several different levels of hell, but it doesn't seem fair that Vickie's worse offenses were ditching class, liking Tyler, underage drinking, etc. but she's in hell alongside Hitler.

Since Cade is gone now, I wonder what hell is like for the people who didn't run out right away. I mean, Cade's gone so obviously he isn't torturing them. Did he have some sort of auto-torture system for everyone and then he just picked different people who he personally wanted to torment? Or are they all just sitting around hell bored now?

I know that everyone on this show is a hypocrite in their own way and I also acknowledge that everyone is entitled to their feelings of anger/resentment/hatred as well as deciding who they want to forgive and who they want to hold a grudge against - BUT I was just shaking my head throughout this episode because Bonnie holds such a grudge against humanity off ripper Stefan for killing Enzo, but she is totally okay being BFFs with Damon who has, among other things, (1) compelled/raped her other BFF Caroline (2) snapped the neck of her other BFF Elena's brother Jeremy (3) killed Tyler, the former love of Caroline's life.

Like I said, each person is allowed to decide who they forgive and who to hold a grudge against, and Bonnie is entitled to resent Stefan for killing Enzo, but if that's the case then she doesn't have the right to tell Caroline, "I would do ANYTHING for you" and then add "oh, except this huge thing that's really important to you." If you're going to tell your best friend that you aren't going to be at her wedding, then just say so but don't preface it by saying you would do anything for her because clearly you won't. I know it's semantics, but words matter. And considering that everyone else involved in the wedding (including Caroline, Stefan, and Damon) was convinced that Katherine was going to stop the wedding before they were actually married, what's the big deal? Heh, maybe it was her psychic powers telling her that it would actually happen.

Enzo telling Bonnie, "Promise me you'll live your life!" was way too "Never let go, Rose!" for me. But I guess it was the opposite since Leo froze to death while Bonnie watched Enzo disappear from the fire.

Whenever Julie Cooper-Nichol shows up, she is up to no good.

Most surprising thing this episode: Caroline wanted purple as her accent wedding color?

For some reason, I was convinced that Nina Dobrev was only coming back for the final episode, so every time they showed Vickie from the back or zoomed in on her shoes, I figured it was because they were either using a body double or because they had Nina shoot these quickie shots when she came to shoot the finale.

Edited by ElectricBoogaloo
  • Love 6
1 hour ago, ElectricBoogaloo said:

For some reason, I was convinced that Nina Dobrev was only coming back for the final episode, so every time they showed Vickie from the back or zoomed in on her shoes, I figured it was because they were either using a body double or because they had Nina shoot these quickie shots when she came to shoot the finale.

Actually I'm gonna give this one to the show, I think that's exactly what we were supposed to think; that they were faking Nina because she wasn't back yet.

• Love 6
(edited)
11 hours ago, steelyis said:

I used to hate the idea Caroline would forgive Damon, but after the death and mayhem she caused when she turned off her humanity I can accept Caroline taking a flexible "glasshouses" approach to Damon. It made their practice toast scene pleasant to watch.

Caroline wasn't killing people when her humanity switch was off because as Caroline told Elena, Stefan, and everyone else, she wasn't going to be stupid and draw attention to herself and other vampires by having bodies piling up all over the place.  She just wanted a year to process Liz's death.  Maybe not the best plan Caroline has ever had, but it was Stefan who started the killing because he didn't think Caroline would be able to handle turning her humanity switch back on (Note:  I hate the concept of a humanity switch, Ripper Stefan, and all the nonsense that goes with it).  Just like Damon had Elena turn her humanity switch off because he didn't think Elena could handle Jeremy's death.  Back in Season One, I would have believed Damon and Stefan knew what they were talking about, however, since that time Damon and Stefan have lost all functioning brain cells, and they have no business telling anyone how to process or deal with their grief.

I don't believe Katherine was the worst person in hell by a long shot, but it amuses me to no end that she was able to beat out all the evil people in hell to become the ruler because that is the Katherine I love.

Once again, Damon and Stefan misread the room when it comes to Katherine.  Katherine didn't waste time trying to stop the wedding.  She sent Kelly and Vicki to Mystic Falls to suck everyone into hell.  The only part of this plan that would suck would be if Katherine was still obsessed with Stefan.  I really hated that SL.  Katherine toying with Damon and Stefan because it amused her, but not really caring about them was so much more fun to watch.

Edited by TigerLynx
  • Love 1

Erm... Everyone is now in hell,right? What about the other side that they mentioned before? Didn't all supernational being end up there? So Vicky shouldn't be in hell?

I can't remeber the whole story about that

Did Vicky kill anyone? Maybe attempted murder lands you in Hell? 

Hasnt Katherine always been obsessed with Stefan? In season 2 she spends an entire episode acting helpless to just talk to him. In season 5 it just seemed to come to a head. I doubt it's over, she'll probably show up next episode to offer to let Caroline & co. Have a free Hell pass if Stefan leaves her lmao. 

I realllllyyy hope that were not going where I think we're going, and that's Stefan switching his life for Bonnie's, and giving the cure to Damon and dying. 

1 hour ago, Snow Fairy said:

Erm... Everyone is now in hell,right? What about the other side that they mentioned before? Didn't all supernational being end up there? So Vicky shouldn't be in hell?

I can't remeber the whole story about that

The other side was destroyed way back when which is how Bonnie and Damon ended up on that prison world with my favorite psycho Kai.

• Love 1

Didn't Vicky kill someone after she was turned... because she ran off at a dance/carnival whatever the event of the week was back then?

But really, it sounds like everyone should be in hell... when the otherside was collapsing they were getting sucked off to what we now know was Cade's hell... so that means the originals that are dead/ mamma papa original, Silas, Quetsia or whatever should be there... all the heretics... like lots of very bad people that even Karherine should fear are there. As are people like Lexi and Tyler who could help out...

So yes, dumb idea that Katherine is the new king of hell... 

I'm ready for this mess to be over.

i don't think Bonnie is dead, cause that would be a stupid ass way to end her storyline... 

• Love 2
(edited)

I always got the impression that Lexi was specifically taken up to heaven. I don't think it's so much that Cade gets everyone because he's such a nitpicker, but I think he gets people that he pays attention to. (I'm inclined to believe that Tyler definitely is/was there, since Cade was keeping an eye on Damon's doings and that ended up coming across Tyler.) Plus he did refer to some people as not being that bad (although whether he still would have taken them for lesser slights is a question mark), which suggests Somewhere Else (not counting Bonnie's afterlife) is out there for The Good Dead.

For all we know there's an infinite number of hell and heaven dimensions and it just depends on who calls dibs on what soul for their own dimension. We don't know for sure that everyone was being sucked off to Cade's hell when The Other Side collapsed.

Edited by PinkRibbons

The threshold for meeting entrance criteria was set very low when the intern Georgie was sent there for what amounts to a stupid a accident so from that moment I just rolled my eyes when anyone thought they might bypass Hell because nope. 

I thought this was a very uncharacteristically slow penultimate season finale episode full of character beats that were allowed to breathe for a change. I didn't like all of them but I think it was necessary for some of these interactions to take place before the inevitable mayhem takes place in the finale. I'm not sure we needed to see the Alaric/Caroline scenes again since that relationship got closure at the end of S7 but on the flip side the Damon and Caroline scene was absolutely needed and welcomed. Caroline always breaks my heart when she cries.

I thought Candice looked really beautiful throughout the entire episode. The slow-mo of her walking down the steps to Stefan was wonderfully shot. I agree with the poster above that said PW played that scene beautifully too, it was really gorgeous.

Way too much Donovan drama for me which makes me worried that with all the focus on him this season, he may not make it in the end. I'm not a massive fan and I resent the amount of screen time the Donovans have eaten up this season and in this last episode in particular but still, I don't want him to die.

I'm not sure I understand the mechanics of what happened with Bonnie in the final minutes. Did she die? I think maybe she did but she comes back the same way as everyone else has since Matt rang the bell of doom. What will be her fate in the finale? The gang seem to want to destroy the hell dimension meaning everyone that is a part of that dimension goes with it, maybe? Also, What was up with that scene between her and Stefan at the end? It seemed very weird/off and I don't know what I was meant to get from it. Any ideas anyone?

Damon and Stefan. Since Stefan returned to  human state Damons' big brother protectiveness seems to have gone into overdrive. I don't know why since Stefan seems to be pretty invincible physically and existentially. Poor Bonnie is being pushed (by the dead love of her life) to forgive the person that murdered said dead love and is being basically forced to endure watching Stefan get everything he ever wanted. Poor Bonnie.

Of all the conversations that happened in this episode, I wanted the Defan one to go deeper. I want Damon to react to the fact that Stefan has the cure now. The opportunity for that came in a big way when Stefan told Damon he hoped to see Damon get his human life with Elena one day, but I guess that is the elephant in the room. As it stands, Stefan is unlikely to see that become a reality.

Well folks, only one episode left and I predict mayhem.

13 hours ago, ElectricBoogaloo said:

Now that we know EVERYONE goes to hell and the door is wide open thanks to that stupid fucking bell, I was kind of hoping Tyler would stroll up to everyone at the end of the episode to give his own toast: "Hey, Damon. Thanks for killing me, YOU DICK.

Oh, he's coming. You can count on it. That Chechovs' gun has to off sometime right?

13 hours ago, ElectricBoogaloo said:

BUT I was just shaking my head throughout this episode because Bonnie holds such a grudge against humanity off ripper Stefan for killing Enzo, but she is totally okay being BFFs with Damon who has, among other things, (1) compelled/raped her other BFF Caroline (2) snapped the neck of her other BFF Elena's brother Jeremy (3) killed Tyler, the former love of Caroline's life.

I wasn't because Bonnie has held a grudge against Damon for what felt like an eternity for all the reasons you posted above and only became friends with him in season 6 then she held a another grudge against him for leaving her when he decided to rot in a coffin for her lifetime because everyone was telling him he was a liability.  He didn't kill anyone yet Bonnie shunned him obviously so until he made physical amends literally. Basically he really did have to earn her friendship again and he did. Stefan literally murdered the love of her life. I will be pissed if she doesn't hate him forever unless he earns it and saying sorry shouldn't cut it.

Vivky did attack Jeremy and would have killed him if she hadn't been stopped. So that's attempted murder and should get her sent to hell based on the small offences of some other people we saw like that one guy who apparently got sent to hell for what he would have done in a hypothetical situation.

• Love 1

I just...am struggling, y'all. I used to read Rebecca Serle's recaps of TVD on Vulture and gobble up the Stefan/Caroline stuff she'd gush about. I was a hardcore, shameless Steroline shipper...but somewhere around the twentieth time the show manufactured a reason for them to be fighting/apart/whatever, I got bored. Even during this episode, I figure that the happiness is a Chekov's gun for a breakup (due to death? That's my guess?) in the next ep, so everything felt artificial to me. I know if there is an up, there is a rote and probably overwrought down. I feel like some of the unpredictable magic got sucked out of the show in these last three seasons, but I didn't fully admit it until tonight--when, as a member of the Steroline Bandwagon since Season 2 (!!), I almost missed their wedding kiss because I was texting. I should have been riveted to the screen; instead, I argued with my sister about what shoes she should get from Zappos.

Somewhere along the way, I stopped seeing the characters and instead first saw the writers' obvious machinations, and it just makes me sad. Even tonight, I was surprised that it was Vicki and not Katherine, but then instead of being excited at the OMGTwist!!, I felt like shrugging, "I guess they couldn't get Nina to okay doing an extra scene for 8x15 so this was how they covered." This season, I have enjoyed a lot of moments, I even loved an entire ep, but overall, it's not the same. I'm eager for next week because I always am eager for the next TVD, I always hope it's going to be awesome and bring me on the rush like it used to, but I'm glad it's about done.

• Love 3
(edited)

but on the flip side the Damon and Caroline scene was absolutely needed and welcomed. Caroline always breaks my heart when she cries.

I enjoyed it, too. I get that with the characters` history, it`s a no-go for a lot of people and that`s valid but I think the actors have good chemistry and I always get verklempt about Liz moments these days.

My heart broke for Caroline when Kelly Donovan made the cancer remark in her wedding toast. That was such a low blow.

Speaking of, they really waited until literally the end of the show to make Matt`s family relevant to the story? And because of that, they naturally ate up a lot of screentime this Season. Sorry, too late for me to care.

The wedding might have been thrown together to lure out Katherine with compelled guests and all but I still felt a little "awww" during it. Sue me.

I don`t question anymore who is in hell these days. According to the show, everyone goes there sooner or later.

I felt they were building up to something here that I assume is gonna be paid off in the Finale. Stefan`s guilt is basically reduced to Enzo - like, screw you, other people he recently killed - and thus focused on Bonnie. There were quite a lot of moments when he looked at her dejectedly. And that he was the one with her after the fire when it was clear she had just lost something again. She couldn`t even look angry anymore but so infinitely sad and broken. And Stefan picked up on it immadiately and his entire face falls. Made me hurt for the both of them.   

Edited by Aeryn13
  • Love 1

There are no rules.  The writers make it up as they go along, and if it contradicts something from previous episodes they don't care.  It can contradict something a character said just two minutes earlier, and they won't care.

In Season Three when the walls from the Other Side were down and everyone was getting visits, someone brought up Jenna, and Lexi said she believed there was a place that good people (both supernaturals and humans) who didn't have any baggage holding them back went to rest, or something along those lines.

They really did wait until the last minute to bother with Matt and his family, and if that's not bad enough, they wasted almost the entire season on the idiot Sirens.

I wonder if Bonnie is powerful enough to bring Enzo out of the world she created for him.  It's a good thing Bonnie was with the twins because if it had been any of these other idiots, the twins would be dead, and not only because Bonnie has magic they can siphon, but also because Bonnie is one of the few characters that still has functioning brain cells.

• Love 4

I thought Bonnie was just knocked out from the bell (remember the twins said that the tuning fork hurt?), but then I remembered that Elena can't come back until Bonnie dies and since next week is the finale, DUH!

I had to laugh when Kelly started her speech at the wedding by announcing that she'd made out with Damon then and went on to say she didn't get the fuss over Stefan. But man, when she made that comment to Caroline about her mom, I was like yeah, no wonder you went to hell, you biatch! As for her pity party about how the whole town looked down on her and never accepted her, BOO HOO. First of all, she was supposedly BFFs with Elena's mom in high school, so I'm pretty sure she was accepted then. Secondly, I'm supposed to think highly of someone who was more interested in taking off with her newest boyfriend than making sure her kids were fed and the power bill was paid? Sorry, nope.

And while I can kind of overlook her making out with Damon since she didn't know who he was, Kelly also made out with Tyler, KNOWING that he was a friend of Matt's.

Ha, I just realized that Kelly Donovan is the name of Matt's mother and the name of Nicholas Brendon (Xander on BtVS)'s brother!

Even if Katherine managed to convince everyone in Cade's hell to let her be in charge, how does she have the power to promise Kelly nothing (as in the absence of hell/torture)? Is there a magic wand she pried out of Cade's dead fingers so that she can grant requests like that?

• Love 1

Oh yeah, I felt like Kelly Donovan got everything she deserved. You can't abandon your family, die, and then blame them for not knowing about it. She clearly never even had any guilt about abandoning Matt, she walked away and never looked back. At least Matt's dad had the conscience to feel bad about it, putting him as a Slightly Less Terrible Parent.

• Love 2

Yeah, it's not just that Kelly was a bad mother. Matt was essentially raising his entire family from the time his father took off.

I had to say, the "Bonnie's dead--no she isn't--yes actually she is" was basically classic TVD, in that it involved a twist and reversal within minutes of each other while simultaneously screwing Bonnie over. Because of course. As soon as Bonnie said she couldn't come to Caroline's wedding I knew she'd be dead by the end of the episode. Actually, if they end up bringing back Nina (even if I didn't think 100% that they were, I'd be proceeding as if they are) they kind of had to kill Bonnie, given that they took Kai off of the table for removing the spell on Elena. But it still tracks with Bonnie having the gall to put herself slightly first for approximately 0.43 milliseconds and getting punished for it. If she's not dead I'll be surprised, but I can't really see that working, and the way Enzo was talking I assumed she would die anyway.

The wedding was lovely, and they got some good mileage out of nostalgia this episode. Also, props to the director especially for Caroline's entrance, and then the Lockwood mansion explosion with Caroline getting thrown back in her wedding dress.

These idiots should have known better than to assume Vicki would be at peace, especially since we saw Vicki get claimed by something that also claimed Katherine (that we now know to be Cade). I'm actually surprised they didn't go to the Silas well, since they always have the actor on hand. But I guess after Ripper Stefan that it might feel redundant. I kind of wish they'd been written more distinctly.

I'll miss the show and Matt Davis' ability to make me feel something other than blinding rage. It gradually moved from something I had to see immediately to something I sometimes put off until later, but I do feel like I enjoyed it and it was ultimately more fulfilling than Smallville. Of course, they've still got an episode to disappoint me, but I have a feeling there will be so much nostalgia that I'll let myself be overwhelmed by cheap tricks.

• Love 1

If she's not dead I'll be surprised

I actually think it was a red herring and she will be up and running again next week. With the way the show rolls, the explanation is probably gonna be "the siphoner twins siphoned the sleeping curse away from Bonnie". Also, I took Enzo`s words "live all of your life" to mean that Bonnie would have a longer life than just five more minutes.

Then there is the scene with Alaric and Dorian where Dorian exposits that they need a mega blast of psychic energy to basically dismantle "hell" itself. Who was it again that Cade marvelled at being powerful enough to create another dimension, same way as him? Bonnie. As soon as Dorian said that, I thought that Bonnie will get a power upgrade somehow and make it happen.

• Love 3
On ‎3‎/‎3‎/‎2017 at 10:20 PM, TigerLynx said:

If Bonnie is dead, and not just passed out, then my dislike for this episode will increase a 1000 times.

She has to be dead or Elena can't come back. I suppose we'll see her with Enzo. I still kind of dislike Enzo, when did he suddenly become so wonderful?

• Love 2
7 hours ago, Aeryn13 said:

I actually think it was a red herring and she will be up and running again next week. With the way the show rolls, the explanation is probably gonna be "the siphoner twins siphoned the sleeping curse away from Bonnie". Also, I took Enzo`s words "live all of your life" to mean that Bonnie would have a longer life than just five more minutes.

Then there is the scene with Alaric and Dorian where Dorian exposits that they need a mega blast of psychic energy to basically dismantle "hell" itself. Who was it again that Cade marvelled at being powerful enough to create another dimension, same way as him? Bonnie. As soon as Dorian said that, I thought that Bonnie will get a power upgrade somehow and make it happen.

I think Bonnie might be down for the count for now but not classically dead.  They were dropping too many anvils that Bonnie will be the person to help set things straight.  As you mentioned, Enzo's "live all your life" and Dorian/Alaric's "mega blast of psychic energy" plus Enzo reminding Bonnie that yeah, she still has her magic. There's no guarantee that Elena is coming back at the start of the episode.  I just think, it's pretty clear, that Bonnie once again will end up risking her life to fix everything since she fits all the requirements of being a person who can actually do anything to fix what's going on.

Plus, Damon died last episode and was close enough to his body after Bonnie's battle with Cade that he could jump right back into it once Stefan killed Cade.

As long as Bonnie has a body, if she is dead, she can also come back. 

Finally:  Vicki? There is zero reason she should be in hell. Yes, I was happy to see her but that doesn't make sense at all. 

• Love 1

I would sort of be fine if next week was Vicki ringing the Bell 12 times and all of Mystic Falls vanishing in a firey crater... and then the rest of the hour can be Bonnie and a few people in her alternate dimension and then random folks wandering through what's left of Mystic falls wondering what happened.

I agree that it was shitty of Matt's dad to leave (especially for such a lame reason) but at least he has apologized repeatedly to Matt. Kelly, on the other hand, obviously still takes no responsibility for what a terrible parent she was and the position that she put Matt and Vicki in. I have no problem with high school kids getting part time jobs and contributing to the household, but in the Donovan house, the children were the ones keeping everything afloat while their mom was running around doing things like sleeping with her boss's boyfriend (which resulted in getting fired from her job at the Grille), and making out with her son's classmate. At least while Kelly was just gone, Matt could imagine that his mom regretted not being more responsible, but once she came back she made it clear that she still thought of herself as the victim in all of this. The fact that she had the nerve to blame Matt for not knowing that she had died two years ago wast the icing on the cake. Why should he have known that? I loathe the way some people insist that just because someone is biologically related to you then you must maintain contact with them for the rest of your life. Matt was the most responsible adult in that entire family and his decision to kick Kelly out and cut her out of his life was one of the best things he ever did. If he hadn't, he would still be dragging her drunk ass home from bars.

As to who owns the Lockwood mansion now, I think that at some point, Tyler left it in Matt's care. I remember a few seasons ago, Jeremy and Matt were living there with Tyler (the dirty underwear talk). When Tyler left, I thought he told Matt he could stay there. Since Tyler didn't have any siblings, I guess he was free to leave it to Matt. I swear there was a Lockwood girl in one of the Miss Mystic Falls pageants (Gracie?) and Caroline's escort at the pageant was a Lockwood so Tyler did have some family left (not that I'm saying he had to leave his house to random cousins, but still).

• Love 1
On 3/1/2017 at 11:32 AM, kariyaki said:

The episode title is from dialogue in the pilot when Caroline was crushing on Stefan and semi-stalking him:

Thats funny, I thought it was because the writers abandoned their professionalism and decided to bring fan fiction to life for the final season.

On 3/4/2017 at 4:54 PM, miss-vanilla said:

I'm not sure I understand the mechanics of what happened with Bonnie in the final minutes. Did she die? I think maybe she did but she comes back the same way as everyone else has since Matt rang the bell of doom.

Spoiler

As usual, they spoiled things by showing Bonnie in the previews for the finale, so whether she's not dead or dead and came back, she's alive in the end (unless those are flashback type scenes).

On 3/4/2017 at 9:37 AM, ElectricBoogaloo said:

Since Cade is gone now, I wonder what hell is like for the people who didn't run out right away. I mean, Cade's gone so obviously he isn't torturing them. Did he have some sort of auto-torture system for everyone and then he just picked different people who he personally wanted to torment? Or are they all just sitting around hell bored now

Katherine took over torture duties.  She's strutting around hell in her tacky shoes, pontificating non-stop (through duck lips) doing that annoying lispy thing she does, interspersed with raspy giggling & overuse of the word "require".  That's torture aplenty as far as I'm concerned. :)

On 3/4/2017 at 11:08 AM, TigerLynx said:

Caroline wasn't killing people when her humanity switch was off because as Caroline told Elena, Stefan, and everyone else, she wasn't going to be stupid and draw attention to herself and other vampires by having bodies piling up all over the place.  She just wanted a year to process Liz's death.  Maybe not the best plan Caroline has ever had, but it was Stefan who started the killing because he didn't think Caroline would be able to handle turning her humanity switch back on

Caroline threatened to start killing if anyone tried to force her switch back on, which I thought is what she did.  She made Stefan turn his switch off in a deal to save that girl (Sarah?) when Caroline compelled some pre-med student to perform surgery on her (something stupid like removing her heart).  Then the bodies really started piling up.

Couple o' things:

1. (tags just in case) 

Spoiler

Are we sure it's Elena that's returning? After this ep, I'd be happy with seeing Nina as Kitty Kat and leave Elena sleeping peacefully for a few more decades.

2. My thoughts, when introduced to the massive psychic energy that might destroy the hell dimension, went immediately to the twins. Baby girls are the most powerful beings around. Not to be gross, but Bonnie's shot her psychic wad- so to speak- on her own grief driven dimensional creation.

3. Did anyone not know the cameo was from Katherine? Heh. Cameo- heh. Nicely played production team.

4. Kudos to previous posters who noted that this is the umpteenth ridiculous hero plan to- wonder of wonders- go crazy wrong.

5. Is there anyone other than Katherine we'd like to see but haven't in the last three episodes? In the TVD universe, it's interesting that they've quarantined the Originals in their own psychic dimension while TVD finishes. Other than Michelsons, I think everyone's mostly wrapped? Yes? Oh Wait- where's Steven R McQueen?

• Love 1
34 minutes ago, forksforest said:

Was anyone else bothered by the fact that Damon blamed their entire lives' misfortunes on Katherine in this episode...

Lol, he's already done it a couple times I think, I know he did in the 100th episode. 

3 hours ago, Tarasme said:

Couple o' things:

1. (tags just in case) 

Hide contents

Are we sure it's Elena that's returning? After this ep, I'd be happy with seeing Nina as Kitty Kat and leave Elena sleeping peacefully for a few more decades.

2. My thoughts, when introduced to the massive psychic energy that might destroy the hell dimension, went immediately to the twins. Baby girls are the most powerful beings around. Not to be gross, but Bonnie's shot her psychic wad- so to speak- on her own grief driven dimensional creation.

3. Did anyone not know the cameo was from Katherine? Heh. Cameo- heh. Nicely played production team.

4. Kudos to previous posters who noted that this is the umpteenth ridiculous hero plan to- wonder of wonders- go crazy wrong.

5. Is there anyone other than Katherine we'd like to see but haven't in the last three episodes? In the TVD universe, it's interesting that they've quarantined the Originals in their own psychic dimension while TVD finishes. Other than Michelsons, I think everyone's mostly wrapped? Yes? Oh Wait- where's Steven R McQueen?

I'm dissapointed they haven't used Silas in some way again, like, were already jumping the shark by bringing back Kai and Katherine, why didn't we bring back Kai and Silas as a duo? As like Katherine's Hell servants. 

• Love 1
(edited)
On 3/1/2017 at 11:32 AM, kariyaki said:

That is impressive continuity for this show. 

Also, it took a really, really long time for Matt's Dad to die. Kelly freaking slit his throat. Despite the fact that there are some important blood vessels in there, he stayed alive through the entire ceremony and a good part of the reception? I've marveled at my own ability to stay awake through wedding ceremonies, but Matt's Dad wins. 

Also also: (and this is certainly not the first time this has come up) I love how the vampires forget that they can move super-duper fast when  important stuff is happening, like their kids are dying in a fire or a hellbell is being run that maybe someone should stop. 

Edited by generate789
  • Love 4
49 minutes ago, generate789 said:

Also also: (and this is certainly not the first time this has come up) I love how the vampires forget that they can move super-duper fast when  important stuff is happening, like their kids are dying in a fire or a hellbell is being run that maybe someone should stop. 

THIS. TWICE. WHAT.

Also, if the title has you impressed, that's actually the theme for all of the episodes this season. I think either Season 4 or Season 5 started the theme of seasonal episode title naming. I'm not sure because I don't know pop culture. :(

• Love 1