Type keyword(s) to search

Stranded With A Million Dollars - General Discussion

• Start Topic

So Eilish (Eyelash) had appendicitis?  I lost some satellite time in a thunderstorm and didn't know that.

Well . . . that's rough.

Giving up and going home because you don't want to sweat it out in your tent for the last few hours of what the medic diagnosed as a 24-hour stomach bug--not so much.

I'm relieved Makani and Cody haven't come down with any water-borne bacterial problems, since they aren't "allowed" to use the pot. But really, any of these people not bothering to boil their water is insane. We only have about FORTY seasons of Survivor hammering home that you don't drink the water before it's boiled, under any circumstances.

• Love 8

Yea! After this week's delightful turn of events I have hope C/M can force A/G out and split a decent prize at the end. As it should be. Say goodbye to your every four day pizza and burger binge, bitches!

I don't believe Eyelash's appendix diagnosis. She's already proven herself to be lying garbage, and you could see on her face she knew calling in medical was the way for her to quit/claim later she didn't want to flare. Bullshit. That's a quit, after days of poor decisions such as leaving clothes for the tide to take and drinking dicey water.

I look forward to next week's barrage of Alex's awareness-free, weak-chinned interviews whining about how rude C/M are being. I'm sure MTV will give the temptation to A/G though to try and keep them in.

• Love 4
24 minutes ago, NoirDetective said:

I don't believe Eyelash's appendix diagnosis.

I don't either.  She was pulled by a medic and he didn't give her the same option the other medic gave Alonzo but I think he was being cautious.  The phone call from her to Alex was staged.  She would have been rushed to surgery; an appendix bursting is a serious life or death situation.  So I call a green medic that was unsure. 

• Love 4
4 hours ago, candall said:

So Eilish (Eyelash) had appendicitis?  I lost some satellite time in a thunderstorm and didn't know that.

Well . . . that's rough.

Giving up and going home because you don't want to sweat it out in your tent for the last few hours of what the medic diagnosed as a 24-hour stomach bug--not so much.

I'm relieved Makani and Cody haven't come down with any water-borne bacterial problems, since they aren't "allowed" to use the pot. But really, any of these people not bothering to boil their water is insane. We only have about FORTY seasons of Survivor hammering home that you don't drink the water before it's boiled, under any circumstances.

I can't believe they had a torrential downpour and no one had the presence of mind to collect the RAINWATER for drinking.

• Love 9
9 hours ago, holly4755 said:

well I can sort of blame Cody, he is willing to sell everyone out,

Cody has street smarts. His education is questionable, as he couldn't pronounce "hors d'oeuvres" and there was at least one other glaring vocabulary problem with him. But he's not dumb about people.  He confessional'd that he wanted to split up because Gina is more likely to evac if she thinks she's letting down her friends. But he said to them that "You do better if Makani isn't there taunting you". Not only is it clever to play both sides, but it takes a certain amount of observation to even recognize those angles.

8 hours ago, millennium said:

There's a meanness in this show I don't like.

You're a better person than I. The meanness is exactly what I enjoy about it.  If any of these were better people I might feel bad about what they're going through.

• Love 7
7 hours ago, NoirDetective said:

I'm sure MTV will give the temptation to A/G though to try and keep them in.

Its Cody's turn as he is the only one who hasn't been offered a temptation, he was taken on 2 by other people

18 hours ago, wings707 said:

I would love to see a behind the scenes shot. No way are drones filming this.  There are techs working the sound, too.  No need to lie about that, Survivor has done quite well. Lol

In terms of sound they are wearing mics.  You can often see them with a strapping around their waists which is the mic pack.  And in one scene you could see Makani's mic pack hanging on her hip.

• Love 7
4 hours ago, Amarsir said:

You're a better person than I. The meanness is exactly what I enjoy about it.  If any of these were better people I might feel bad about what they're going through.

I've watched Survivor forever, and while there have been some tense rivalries over the years, it has never devolved into the petty, bitter resentment I see in this show.   

• Love 2
8 hours ago, millennium said:

I can't believe they had a torrential downpour and no one had the presence of mind to collect the RAINWATER for drinking.

There was no need, they had a fresh water source. The talk about the water possibly being bad was just speculation.  Production certainly tested the water at each campsite.   IIRC someone (Eilish?) said, maybe the water is bad in response to Alonzo saying he didn't feel well.  They all continued to drink it. 

I am soooo happy that two of the terrible four had to leave. I can't wait to see how quickly the other two flare once they can't get their pizzas and playing cards. I really disliked Eilish, but I felt  bad for her when we found out that she had appendicitis. She is pretty tough, I have to give her that.  Alonzo is just a crybaby though, and I'm almost certain that he was exaggerating his symptoms. 

Makodi for last two standing! 

• Love 5

Well in Alonzo's defense, and I am sure this has been mentioned here a lot he claimed to have PTSD. Why you want to do something stressful when you think you have PTSD, I don't know,.  he thought it would help him,. I think the stress did him in.  He looked like he seriously wanted to take that temptation, but he didn't because of guilt and loyalty issues, but then the spent that much on a few pizzas later so what is the point?  The others took their temptations, so there was no need for that guilt,  I think he has some serious issues and should never have been on this show.  I think this is on casting more than Alonzo. . 

• Love 7
9 hours ago, wings707 said:

There was no need, they had a fresh water source. The talk about the water possibly being bad was just speculation.  Production certainly tested the water at each campsite.   IIRC someone (Eilish?) said, maybe the water is bad in response to Alonzo saying he didn't feel well.  They all continued to drink it. 

What we saw was fast-running water which is a good sign. But unless it's coming right from a spring, we don't know what's upstream. Maybe they're all taking the same risks and some got unlucky. Maybe some are being smarter about their pulls than others. Or maybe there was no water problem and it's just something that worked for the story. But just because production picked a site with a source doesn't mean they can guarantee it's safety.

• Love 3

but if everyone was drinking from the same poisoned source, you would think production would stop it so they could have a show. 

And running water tends to be cleaner than sitting water especially since they bathe in it, so Cody said they walked uphill and climbed a bit to get water from a running waterfall instead of a standing pool.  might have been the water. 

So was the appendicitis confirmed or just what was said on the phone?  Hope there is a reunion show. 

• Love 1

Well, that episode sucked! I hope that Alex and Gina can stick together and make to the end.

On 3/29/2017 at 4:21 AM, wings707 said:

Cody and Makani are despicable people and they will win.  Ugh

It sure looks that way but hopefully those 2 come down with something. :)

• Love 1
6 hours ago, holly4755 said:

Well in Alonzo's defense, and I am sure this has been mentioned here a lot he claimed to have PTSD. Why you want to do something stressful when you think you have PTSD, I don't know,. 

From a casting standpoint I am surprised that they would put someone on the show that has had mental problems in the past.  Putting a person in such a stressful situation without support and lacking comforts just seems a bit dangerous.

• Love 5

I just read about if you surviving on peanut butter and carrots and the answer is an unequivocal no! 

You know that peanut butter makes you thirsty, so let's assume you are supplementing your singular diet with eight to 10 glasses of water a day, so that you don't become dehydrated. Protein - check; water - check. But what else are you getting from the peanut butter? What about fiber, vitamins, minerals, and fats?

As it turns out, your diet of peanut butter would supply 21 grams of fiber -- very close to the DRV at 25 grams. It would also provide enough Vitamin E and more than twice the RDI (Reference Daily Intake) of Vitamin B3 (Niacin), but you would be receiving less than one third the RDI for Vitamins B1 and B2 (Thiamin and Riboflavin). Furthermore, supplementing your diet with the required RDI of Vitamins A, C, D and K would be necessary. Night blindness, scurvy, rickets and poor blood clotting or internal bleeding have been associated with deficiencies of these vitamins, respectively. You would not be getting enough carbohydrates, either. The DRV of carbohydrates for a 2,000-calorie diet is 300 grams. The peanut butter would only supply 88 grams -- less than a third of the recommended amount.

While your intake of copper and magnesium would be in-line with the DRV, you wouldn't be getting enough calcium, iron or potassium. OK, so you might be thinking that you'll simply take a multivitamin -- problems solved. Not really -- let's take a look at fat.

The DRV for fat is 65 grams for a 2,000-calorie a day diet. There are 168 grams of fat in 21 tablespoons of peanut butter. So that's more than two and a half times the DRV. Yikes! While a certain amount of fat is necessary for a well-balanced diet, a number of serious conditions, such as heart disease and certain cancers, have been linked to over-consumption of fat. Given that, you can see that a peanut-butter-only diet is not ideal.

Source: http://recipes.howstuffworks.com/peanut-butter-everyday1.htm

With Carrots it's pretty straight forward that they do not supply enough calories or vitamins for your body to survive on period.

So the conclusion is Cody and Makani cannot be surviving or thriving on f**king peanut butter and carrots this whole time without having heart problems, blood clotting, internal bleeding, Night blindness, scurvy, and rickets. LMAO!

Edited by Hiacios
36 minutes ago, Hiacios said:

So the conclusion is Cody and Makani cannot be surviving or thriving on f**king peanut butter and carrots this whole time without having heart problems, blood clotting, internal bleeding, Night blindness, scurvy, and rickets. LMAO!

Interesting.  How do pb and carrots compare nutritionally to pizza, burgers, and sandwiches?  Really, none of them have been eating an ideal diet from a long term healthy nutrition perspective.

Fact is Cody and Makani are still alive today (obviously) so they clearly did survive.  Two of the 4 campers were medically evacuated within approximately 24 hrs of each other.  Eilish was an emergency situation so out of everybody she came closest to not surviving.

As far as thriving, Cody and Makani do seem to be doing much better physically and mentally than the 4 campers.  Cody and Makani seem to have more energy in comparison to the 4 campers and they seem to be thinking more clearly.  Example:  the 4 campers left their clothes on a rock and the tide washed it away.  On the camp hikes, Cody and Makani certainly appear to be having less difficulty than the other 4; especially poor Gina.

This show has been so much more interesting than I ever expected it to be and I'm enjoying the discussion.   The way the stronger personalities took the game in the direction it has gone is impressive.

• Love 7
1 hour ago, AirQuotes said:

Interesting.  How do pb and carrots compare nutritionally to pizza, burgers, and sandwiches?  Really, none of them have been eating an ideal diet from a long term healthy nutrition perspective.

Fact is Cody and Makani are still alive today (obviously) so they clearly did survive.  Two of the 4 campers were medically evacuated within approximately 24 hrs of each other.  Eilish was an emergency situation so out of everybody she came closest to not surviving.

As far as thriving, Cody and Makani do seem to be doing much better physically and mentally than the 4 campers.  Cody and Makani seem to have more energy in comparison to the 4 campers and they seem to be thinking more clearly.  Example:  the 4 campers left their clothes on a rock and the tide washed it away.  On the camp hikes, Cody and Makani certainly appear to be having less difficulty than the other 4; especially poor Gina.

This show has been so much more interesting than I ever expected it to be and I'm enjoying the discussion.   The way the stronger personalities took the game in the direction it has gone is impressive.

You are missing the point. lol. The fact is your Cody and Makani could not have been surviving on just peanut butter and carrots because they don't supply the body with enough nutrients to survive so they in fact aren't surviving on those 2 things. As far as the other campers go their pizza has way more nutrients than freaking peanut butter and carrots. lol.

FYI: Alonzo and Eilish got sick from bad water.

I assume they're all having cassava now and again, and whatever they order is just a supplement.

More importantly, you do not need your RDI of riboflavin or any other nutrient on a daily basis. We didn't evolve with three FDA-approved square meals every day. Our bodies have a significant ability to store excess at times and draw on it during others. Over the long term there are many nutrients we need. Short term not so much.

The most immediate need is always water. It's 60% of our body and the other stuff can't move around without it. The direct gain from food is energy (calories), which generates body heat and movement. But we store a fair amount of fat, not just in obvious places. If you eat less and lounge around a lot your metabolism will slow down too. If the stored glycogen (fat cells) are used up, muscle is next. It's not something you want to lose, but easy enough to reverse once you start eating again.

The first nutrient you really should worry about would be potassium, after several weeks or months. And both cassava and peanuts have a considerable amount of that. And so do carrots. So unless these guys were existing on zero-nutrition Twinkies before they started, I don't imagine any is at any risk of significant malnourishment. They'll just have some muscle to rebuild.

For more information I suggest Ray Cronise who has done extensive testing with fasting, or the study of the man who fasted for 382 days back in the 60s.

• Love 8

Scurvy? How many years is this game going to last? 6 Weeks won't kill anyone. 

As to the water that made Elish and Alonzo ill, they had the pot! they wouldn't let Manicka or Cody use it, and this camper group did not even bother to boil their water? Idjits! They did it to themselves - have we established Elish had an appendectomy? 

• Love 9
33 minutes ago, Amarsir said:

I assume they're all having cassava now and again, and whatever they order is just a supplement.

During the last hike, Gina could be seen carrying a pineapple, and towards the end Eilish looked to be holding a cassava, but because they are going for the narrative of the four campers being lazy and buying the wrong types of food they don't show them eating it.  So who knows what else they all are actually finding and eating.

After the huge arguments over who carries what during the trek 2 episodes ago, it all seemed to go very smoothly on the latest episode.  And all Makani was carrying was a tent, I was expecting her to be carrying the black case, maybe because Cody was carrying so much weight that the 4 campers decided to do more.  It will be interesting now that they are down to 4 how they are going to carry it all.

• Love 2
41 minutes ago, Amarsir said:

More importantly, you do not need your RDI of riboflavin or any other nutrient on a daily basis. We didn't evolve with three FDA-approved square meals every day. Our bodies have a significant ability to store excess at times and draw on it during others. Over the long term there are many nutrients we need. Short term not so much.

The most immediate need is always water. It's 60% of our body and the other stuff can't move around without it. The direct gain from food is energy (calories), which generates body heat and movement. But we store a fair amount of fat, not just in obvious places. If you eat less and lounge around a lot your metabolism will slow down too. If the stored glycogen (fat cells) are used up, muscle is next. It's not something you want to lose, but easy enough to reverse once you start eating again.

The first nutrient you really should worry about would be potassium, after several weeks or months. And both cassava and peanuts have a considerable amount of that. And so do carrots. So unless these guys were existing on zero-nutrition Twinkies before they started, I don't imagine any is at any risk of significant malnourishment. They'll just have some muscle to rebuild.

For more information I suggest Ray Cronise who has done extensive testing with fasting, or the study of the man who fasted for 382 days back in the 60s.

You are wrong, the average human needs  4,700 mg or potassium. 1 cup of peanut butter has 1,674 mg and a cup of carrots only has 410 mg of potassium so peanut butter and carrots do not have "a considerable amount of that." LOL. 

By the way they are not getting a steady supply of peanut butter containers are empty rather fast and they only get 2 carrots. You cannot survive off of peanut butter and freaking carrots in the wild!

I think I figured out how Alonzo and Eilish got sick! Remember that episode when Alex was getting water from the stream and Cody come along and washed his ass in the stream? I believe that Cody did that again and since Alonzo and Eilish were at the bottom on the stream they got sick. Think about it since Cody and Makani were at the top of the stream they would've gotten sick first if the stream was contaminated by a dead animal or something.

2 hours ago, holly4755 said:

They did it to themselves - have we established Elish had an appendectomy? 

Her instagram shows a picture of a scar which to me looks a little high on the torso to be for an appendix, but I am not a doctor.  In the comments she quotes the doctors as saying it would have happened anyway but Stranded accelerated it.

1 hour ago, Hiacios said:

You are wrong, the average human needs  4,700 mg or potassium. 1 cup of peanut butter has 1,674 mg 

I'm happy to be corrected. What food would you say has a "considerable" amount of potassium and how much does it have per cup?  And if you don't mind sharing, how much potassium did you - presumably not stranded on a Fijiian island - eat yesterday? It might reveal something about how non-essential that 4700 figure really is.

• Love 3

If you take in absolutely no vitamin C, it takes four weeks for scurvy symptoms to appear. They certainly do not have scurvy from a PB and carrot diet at this point in the game and I seriously doubt that diet would do significant damage after 40 days. 

"lol"

• Love 10
3 hours ago, Amarsir said:

Her instagram shows a picture of a scar which to me looks a little high on the torso to be for an appendix, but I am not a doctor.  In the comments she quotes the doctors as saying it would have happened anyway but Stranded accelerated it.

I'm happy to be corrected. What food would you say has a "considerable" amount of potassium and how much does it have per cup?  And if you don't mind sharing, how much potassium did you - presumably not stranded on a Fijiian island - eat yesterday? It might reveal something about how non-essential that 4700 figure really is.

That is just the recommended amount and they aren't even getting that plus you fail to account for them being out in the elements! SMH!

My point is that since it is proven that they can't survive out in the elements with just peanut butter and carrots then they are being giving other food.

(edited)
19 minutes ago, Michichick said:

If you take in absolutely no vitamin C, it takes four weeks for scurvy symptoms to appear. They certainly do not have scurvy from a PB and carrot diet at this point in the game and I seriously doubt that diet would do significant damage after 40 days. 

"lol"

Don't forget Vitamins A, D, and K. Also Vitamin B12 which is found abundantly in meat (plants do not produce it) and is very important for your body's metabolism, nerves, and blood cells. :)

Edited by Hiacios

I haven't eaten meat since 1992 and I haven't died from lack of B12 yet. I really don't think a 40-day peanut butter and carrot diet would seriously harm a person who started out healthy. But as noted earlier, they are likely eating other things they find that aren't shown every episode, such as cassava that we saw in one episode. Or are you contending that the show is providing them with food aside from what is being purchased in the group buys?

• Love 5
36 minutes ago, Michichick said:

I haven't eaten meat since 1992 and I haven't died from lack of B12 yet. I really don't think a 40-day peanut butter and carrot diet would seriously harm a person who started out healthy. But as noted earlier, they are likely eating other things they find that aren't shown every episode, such as cassava that we saw in one episode. Or are you contending that the show is providing them with food aside from what is being purchased in the group buys?

It wouldn't surprise me if the show provided multivitamins, but other than that I sincerely doubt food is being snuck to them. It would undermine the drama that the show relies on. What they do when choosing the campsites is ensure there are cassava, coconuts, and whatever else nearby. That's a much more taping-friendly method of starving. (Which they didn't do anyway.)

• Love 3

but it isn't a 40 day carrot and peanut butter diet, we know they had some casaba melons that must have vitamin c. and they had coconuts and they also had a treat with fresh fruit and seafood at least a week in. As someone said it is Cody's treat next, we will see who he brings. (Alex?) 

I want another contest, ha ha . 

• Love 1

On Survivor they do alright for 39 days  on a diet of white rice (zero nutrition) and vèry little fish with an occasional reward.  They are young and healthy.  It takes much longer to suffer the ravages of a poor diet than these kids will ever see. 

I am already bored with the format and we have a way to go. Hike, fight, hike, fight.  The one challenge was ok but not that interesting. 

It may ģet better when Gina flares, I suppose.  There isn't much Cody and Makani can do to Alex when Gina leaves, and she will.  Well, they will be nasty and Makani will spew her insults, of course. 

They will get down to just carrying the money, PB, and tents most likely. 

I am ready for this to speed up. 

• Love 3

On Naked and Afraid they do 21 days with virtually nothing and do far more work than these chumps do, so nobody is dying from this or from scurvy, with their cheeseburgers, subs, pizza, and rotating feasts. 

If C/M get that tent away from them/destroy it I give it a matter of hours before G/A go out. Both have already be shown to us to have a shaky resolve. But if it doesn't happen in the next few days, they'll be closer to the end and it will be harder to get them out, so C/M really do need to strike now.

Agree the last couple camp switches will just be carrying the money. It might be worth it to splurge on a pizza that round just to not have to carry the cooking stuff. And I'm also sure one if not more of these switches will be flat out impossible to make, to up the blame game. 

• Love 4

Her scars are the type one receives a laparoscopic appendectomy, multiple small incisions rather than a large one.

While I agree the 4 were complete assholes in regard to their purchase decisions, I still can't warm to Cody & Makani. 

• Love 2
10 minutes ago, snarts said:

Her scars are the type one receives a laparoscopic appendectomy, multiple small incisions rather than a large one.

While I agree the 4 were complete assholes in regard to their purchase decisions, I still can't warm to Cody & Makani. 

I actively dislike that pair.  Alex is the only one I like and have since day one.  

• Love 1
1 hour ago, wings707 said:
1 hour ago, snarts said:

I actively dislike that pair.  Alex is the only one I like and have since day one.  

I think the campers lost me that night Chris quit, after the Four denied them a tarp/tent and made them sleep in the rain, then when Chris told them that's why he was quitting, they told him bye from inside their tent and cackled as he left.

At that point, the Four are actively trying to get people to quit by forcing them into the elements and controlling the buys, and no amount of whiny Alex talking heads about knives cutting both ways makes me sympathetic to his plight now. It certainly didn't help that the campers' single night in the rain nearly broke them in the next round. 

You reap what you sow. Hope C/M turn the screws now.

• Love 11
(edited)
11 hours ago, Michichick said:

Then you must be eating chicken, eggs, milk, yogurt or cheese. But if you are a vegan then you are more than likely vitamin B12 deficient because you just can't substitute those things with plants as we are omnivores not herbivore. 

http://www.webmd.com/food-recipes/guide/vitamin-b12-deficiency-symptoms-causes#1

Edited by Hiacios

I think Alex is weak and I resent the articles he is writing and the questions he answers because he is deflecting and saying basically he was an observer and not a bully, yet we see him plotting and definitely a bully.  And his resolve is weak.  He was almost as bad as the others in the rain storm, that tarp they took could have been used with a bit of machete work and palm fronds to make a safe and dry shelter, but no, they just want touse it like a blanket. Idjits. All that could be ignored if not for the articles where he is trying to look like the only good person. 

IF it gets down to Cody and Manika, it could get very dirty and very interesting and they plot how to remove each other and when is the best time to do it. unless there is a time when they can trade in the money for smaller bills, it is going to take both of them to get more money.

• Love 11
3 hours ago, holly4755 said:

I think Alex is weak and I resent the articles he is writing and the questions he answers because he is deflecting and saying basically he was an observer and not a bully, yet we see him plotting and definitely a bully. 

I think this is a new style of game and the right way to play is still being established.  In survivor if your alliance is the majority and you vote out the minority you are not seen as bullies because that is part of the game.  In Stranded Alex kind of tried to play the game the same by getting a majority and being able to control the group buys.  It turned into bullying when they then didn't share items bought in the group buy.  It was interesting after Cody was offered a place to make it a 5 alliance, and then after the argument with Alonso, in a conversation between Cody and Alex, Cody said that Alex was playing dirty.  Alex seemed quite surprised by that comment and replied "I'm not playing dirty" to which Cody replied "Yes you are when you buy with the group's money but don't share it."   I think this might have been an eye opening moment for Alex, after that Cody and Makani were allowed to buy what they wanted at the next group buy.  And during the disagreement during that group buy, while Alonso was saying that the 2 wouldn't be allowed to make a group again, Alex stayed quiet. 

I haven't read Alex's articles, and obviously things have changed now that he no longer has a majority, but maybe he is remembering his later behavior rather than more towards the start of the game.

• Love 1

I don't consider staying silent while your friends in power abuse those who aren't to be a virtue (or "a strategy" please!) in which one should take pride. It actually reads to me as more cowardly to outsource your abuse through a surrogate, especially if the argument is "at least Alex knew it was wrong." That makes it worse! I do think Alex is perhaps the only one of the dim Four who saw how this could potentially escalate if they didn't make some concessions to C/M. But again, he did nothing to stop his group.

IMO you're not missing anything with the Alex articles. It's exactly the same hypocritical, oblivious, and thin excuses he delivers to us on the show, with the same shocking lack of awareness in evaluating his own behavior.

• Love 10

I do think Alex was probably the peacemaker of his 4. His biggest problem was being too self-righteous. But compared to Elish and Alonzo who were actively picking fights, he probably smoothed them over.

Actually I think Cody & Alex had different philosophies but similar personalities. Cody wants to save money, make it hard, and maximize winnings. Alex wants to spend money, have people get along, and maximize the experience. This obviously put them in conflict. However, both are sort-of like "it's just business". Makani, Alonzo, and Elish are the ones who really liked taunting the other side.

I think this next week will be interesting, especially watching Alex. With no power and his two influences gone, he'll be more true to himself than ever. (Gina meanwhile will continue to barely exist.)

• Love 1
(edited)

Remembering his later playing, No, Alex names names and blames the others in his group.  Also he is doing an episode guide, it is episode by episode. 

as for reading others opinions, I enjoy the backpackers review better, and they tend to talk to Cody, so that might be coloring my viewpoint towards him, but they have a good sense of humor. I read reality blurred and that is written by Alex - how hard is it to get a job writing for these blogs, I was once offered a job to write them and you can tell I can't write for bubkas. Reality blurred has the advantage of alex answering direct questions, but he picks the ones he he wants to answer, of course. Definitely getting defensive in the last few episodes. 

here are the links

https://www.realityblurred.com/realitytv/topic/stranded-with-a-million-dollars/

http://www.backpacker.com/survival

Edited by holly4755
  • Love 4
(edited)
On March 29, 2017 at 6:27 PM, LocimusPrime said:

Makani and Cody are righteous and therefore will triumph over the vile campers. The thieves and liars will get what's coming to them. 

Right on locimus, the thieves and liars were struck down. Bad karma caught up to them 

Also, why aren't they boiling the water just in case? 

Edited by LocimusPrime
On March 31, 2017 at 4:35 PM, Amarsir said:

Right on!  The human body can go for a long time with out food. It's not recommended, but it's possible. 

• Love 5

I only caught pieces and the end, so I'll have to catch up tomorrow. But casting sure did their job when they booked Cody. He's making sure the last days of this are not dull, and certainly plays the villain to a tee.  And from the previews for next week it looks like Alex knows the power of the underdog as well.

• Love 4
(edited)

I get an ugly, cruel vibe from Cody and Makani.   The other two are weak and prone to pettiness, but I don't think they would extract delight from causing the others physical distress.

It was Cody's "my way" attitude from the very start that turned people against him, while Makani has no one to blame but herself for her own standoffishness at a time when everyone else was making decisions early on in the game.  Yet both pretend to be victims of the others' machinations.   The truth is, both in their own way sought to turn the other players against them, and both got their wish fulfilled.   

I might add that Cody is a colossal hypocrite, bitching and moaning every time someone spent $15,000 on a temptation, yet when his turn came he didn't give it a second thought.   He was also right there on an earlier reward urging whats-his-name to spend the $15,000 on new outfits for the two of them.

If they withheld food from me, I'd plant myself on the ground and tell them to have a pleasant hike to the next campsite.   The previews from next week -- Alex burning the money -- is even better justice.

Did we miss Cody ordering a jar of teeth whitener for $25,000?  His choppers are blinding.

Edited by millennium
  • Love 6

What happened on the previews for next week? My DVR cut short.

Alex and Gina are shown destroying the money - ripping the bills in half and setting it on fire.  

C/M should make a strategic decision to not assist Gina in the next leg of the trip even if it means they  give up $100k.   Leave her behind and she will have no choice but to flare out.   Girl is useless!

But casting sure did their job when they booked Cody. 

No kidding!  This show would be so boring if it was just a bunch of campers buying pizzas for 40 days!  

• Love 5