Type keyword(s) to search

Stranded With A Million Dollars - General Discussion

• Start Topic

I have no problem with the 4 turning on Cody and Makani. None, I praise them for it.  Cody and Makani are living the consequences of their actions.  Makani antagonizes the others for sport and her intermittent speech affect is just plain stupid.    Nice to see Cody use her, very funny.  And what a man not to bathe.  You are tough. 

Of course the 4 are paying no attention to the sharing rule, why should they?  Cody tried to take over as monarch, day one and good for the others to not allow it.  When you try to take over a country sometimes you get ousted or worse. 

It was foolish to steal their peanut butter, though.  It lacked integrity in their stance not to be ruled by Cody and introduced sabotage into the mix. Big mistake and disappointing.  

I don't anticipate either Cody or  Makani quitting unless injured.  I don't know her name but the Asian girl will probably be next.  I am not sure how that will go down. She is holding her tribe back on the treks to camp.  They cannot leave her behind so will they put pressure on her at some point to fire the gun during the hike?  It could be voluntary.

• Love 4

I can't believe how weak some of these people are. The one guy is in the army. He's never had to face rain and 53 degree weather? Whine whine while is all the four of them do. If alonzo goes home bucky beaver reporter Is screwed because the one girl will be next. She's useless. I applaud McCawni for taking over the tent. The foursome made the others sleep outside without even a tarp for several nights while they huddled in their tent but they are going to cry unfair when they have to spend a night outside??? Too bad. It would be funny if one day the group orders their pizzas and they go to Cody and McCawni in some twist.  Gross that cody didn't bathe. I'm sure there was enough soap to share. Did they have a challenge at each camp? Did I miss something? 

Edited by kira28
  • Love 6

Wow.  I’m not sure I’ve loathed anyone on reality tv as much as I do the 4 campers.  When you’re giving Johnny Bananas a run for his money as far as being the worst ever…well, you’re pretty bad.  The entitlement is out of control with them.  At least Johnny Bananas on The Challenge is up front about his tomfoolery and backstabbing.  Our four campers here have made a strategy of bullying Cody and Makani, and that’s fine – but man up and admit it.  Stop acting so pretentious.  America’s heroes you are not.  Gah!  And Gina…omg.  Was she serious when she said that Cody and Makani didn’t deserve that temptation because they had a tent now?!  Did I hear her complain about having to “wake up in a tent”?  Ugh….She needs to go.   The fat Mom can stop at any time, too.  Telling Makani she needs to pull her weight?  Please.  You don’t want to share that pot, you get to carry it.  I hate them all.  And I hate them even more for making me root for Cody.  Stick Cody on any other show and I would probably hate him, but compared to the four campers he comes out better.

Alonzo and Gina will be checking out soon, I'm sure.  It will be interesting to see the dynamic at that point.  As of now, I'm sick of watching the bullying and gaslighting of Cody and Makani.  The campers just sit around and talk crap about them like the mean kids in High School.   I hope MaCody keeps kicking butt in the "challenges" and start getting better prizes.  Watching the four campers get all butthurt over it was funny.  They just HAD to go and steal the peanut butter...because Cody and Makani aren't allowed to have anything nice.   The four campers know they're much weaker than team MaCody and I like watching them squirm. 

Edited by AngryCarrot86
  • Love 10
2 hours ago, kira28 said:

Did they have a challenge at each camp? Did I miss something? 

They had to pair up into three teams and have a race of sorts, where they collected water and poured it into a bigger bucket.  The first pair to fill the bucket got a surprise.  It was Alex and Alanzo vs. Gina and the Mom (I forget her name) vs. Cody and Makani.  Gina and the Mom didn't even try because they had enough self awareness to know they're both useless.  Alex and Alanzo were over confident because they think they're "America's Heroes" (direct quote from Alex), and Cody and Makani won.  Shocker.  I would imagine that duo will win most challenges if they keep doing them. 

This was their first challenge.  I wonder if production decided to throw something new into this game because having the entire cast sitting around in tents all day doesn't exactly make for riveting TV. 

Edited by AngryCarrot86
  • Love 5

I would be so ashamed if any of those four were related to me.

HATE these four characters ever since they arbitrarily decided that they could spend community money on things and not share with the group.  Loved that Makani refused to exit the tent as the four of them stood outside and demanded she get out.  Good times!  I fully expect Cody and Makani to outlast these four no matter how many food and comfort items they piss money away on.   

• Love 9

Ugh!  The 4!  The reporter guy commenting that he felt like mother Teresa and then the comment about America's heroes? Puhleeeeeeeasssse!  They're making themselves look so bad and they're thinking that they look so good.  No one expected to want to root for Makani and Cody, but here we are.  

• Love 8

The sound and video are awfully good for a drone.  There is more to the filming that we will never know unless someone slips up in an interview.  Not sure if this show is even on the radar with many so may not see any.  

• Love 2
8 hours ago, AngryCarrot86 said:

They just HAD to go and steal the peanut butter...because Cody and Makani aren't allowed to have anything nice.   The four campers know they're much weaker than team MaCody and I like watching them squirm. 

on Alex's article on RealityTV Blurred, he says they stole the peanut butter to get back for the fact that Cody/Makhani ate their leftover yucca at the last camp. The 4some felt it was fair to eat some of the peanut butter because those 2 (plus the guy who left last week) took THEIR food first.

• Love 3
12 hours ago, TeapotWakeen said:

on Alex's article on RealityTV Blurred, he says they stole the peanut butter to get back for the fact that Cody/Makhani ate their leftover yucca at the last camp. The 4some felt it was fair to eat some of the peanut butter because those 2 (plus the guy who left last week) took THEIR food first.

I think Alex is trying really hard to do some image damage control in real time.  His twitter has been bombarded with negative reactions after the most recent episode. Nothing those 4 did can be in the same sentence as the word "fair", but Alex seemed to truly think he was acting the part of a good-guy at the time.  Whoops!  

• Love 9

They got a deli sandwich and whatever else they bought. What gave those assholes the right to take the others peanut butter? All I can say is karma is going to bite them in the ass and I hope hard. What complete and utter assholes.

• Love 6

What an interesting show. I'm glad I stumbled on this forum here at Previously because I would never have crossed paths with an MTV show otherwise. And it's safe to say that I hate everyone on it, which I'm pretty sure is the response viewers are supposed to have to people on MTV. So it's nice to be one of the cool kids!

And I think casting gets applause for picking people who managed to create sides in a team game. A lot of reality show games play on the Tragedy of the Commons principle. (Wherein individuals benefit at group expense, thus creating waste.) But often it's solely at the result of producer manipulation. (e.g. The Mole's free pass in return for keeping money out of the pot.) This is one of the greatest displays I can remember of contestants acting it out:

"We don't need a tent."
"Well we're getting a tent."
"Well then we're sharing the tent."
"Well then we're getting our own tent. And some food."
"Well then we're getting our own, more expensive food."

It's delightful. One of them (Alex) compared their situation to Lord of the Flies, but at this point they'd have to elevate themselves to get to that level.

• Love 5

My friend and I just binge-watched the available episodes, and wow. Makani is my hero.  If I was her (and Cody and Chris) I would have taken the machete to their tent as soon as they said they weren't sharing.  I would have straight up cut out a good portion of it and said, "This is our part of the tent, since you used OUR money to pay for it."  Loved Makani for taking a stand and taking over the tent. Then the terrible 4 had the NERVE to get extra food for themselves? I would have knocked that burger and sandwich out of their hands and into the dirt. These past two episodes have been SO ENRAGING that I want to scream. It is HILARIOUS that those 4 think of themselves as the heroes, LOL! No, ya'll are straight-up villains. I hated Cody at first, and was neutral on Makani, but now? I am hardcore rooting for them. I know they will make it to the end given their ability to handle the wilderness the way they have been doing.  I hope the other four get sick and have to leave the game in shame. They could not even make it one night outside of a tent without wanting to call it quits. Pathetic. 

Edited by Zima
  • Love 10

I'm totally cheering on Makani and Cody because the other 4 campers are so petty and narcissistic.  Those 4 are hanging on to a non-effective strategy.  Cody and Makani are not going anywhere so hogging resources is not working.

I noticed in the beginning of the episode that Makani's accent disappeared and she was speaking normally.  What's up with that?

It looks like Eilish and the other girl (I can't remember her name) are gaining weight.

• Love 6
1 hour ago, AirQuotes said:

I noticed in the beginning of the episode that Makani's accent disappeared and she was speaking normally.  What's up with that?

According to the site she's from Massachusetts. I can't even figure out where her accent is from, let alone where it goes on vacation.

• Love 5

I haven't noticed Makani's accent disappearing, but I'm terrible at noticing things like that.  Regarding her accent though, I thought it sounded Brazilian.  Reminds me of Abi Maria from Survivor, or Camilla from The Challenge.

I think that if something is purchased with group money, the whole group gets to use it.  It was bought against the wishes of some so it should be used, by all, against the wishes of the others.  Everybody gives up something.  I'm rooting against the self-righteous four, who became very ugly people once in control.  I have more respect for someone who is an asshole all the time vs. someone who is an asshole only when in power.  IMO, the difference is one is just being who they are and the others are fake and conniving, which I find more distasteful. 

Will we see Makani and Eilish as partners on The Challenge: Rivals in the future?  I would like to see that!

1 minute ago, Amarsir said:

According to the site she's from Massachusetts. I can't even figure out where her accent is from, let alone where it goes on vacation.

Massachusetts?  I was way off.  Lol  Must be a speech impediment then.

• Love 2

I thought I remembered Makani living and farming most recently in Hawai, if so, my guess is her speech pattern is the result of trying really hard to replicate a Hawaiian Pigeon accent. 

• Love 2
3 hours ago, Amarsir said:

No accent, it is a speech affect.  Sometimes she has it, other times not at all.  LOL!  I find this and her, in general, intolerable.  There may be a slight speech impediment in there too but I am not convinced she is not forcing it.  I am from MA and no on speaks like that.  

Funny how so many think the 4 are horrible and I see it the other way around.  I dislike Cody and Makani immensely!  

There is no such thing as "fair" outside of dividing up treats for kids.  

This is an adult competition to win money.  Sure production set rules but they knew damn well they would not be followed!  They set up a Lord of the Flies situation on purpose and loving every minute.  

• Love 6
6 hours ago, eskimo said:

I think that if something is purchased with group money, the whole group gets to use it.  It was bought against the wishes of some so it should be used, by all, against the wishes of the others.  Everybody gives up something.  I'm rooting against the self-righteous four, who became very ugly people once in control.  I have more respect for someone who is an asshole all the time vs. someone who is an asshole only when in power.

Cody and the "hero" 4 both have the same goal, for their rivals to drop out.  And they are both using the same method, trying to deny their rival resources in order to get them to quit.  To me Cody has a bit more integrity because he is willing to also give up those resources so that everyone is miserable and he feels he has the mental strength to outlast them.  The "hero" 4 on the other hand are using a bit more of a bully tactic and are happy to use the groups resources for themselves while denying it from Cody and Makani.

But I feel they are both groups have the wrong goal.  Unless the denominations that the money comes in starts going up, transporting the money on the treks is going to start becoming an issue.  Makani looked like she had a full backpack and Cody's bag of cash looked over half full.  If they keep winning more cash this is only going to get bulkier and heavier.  Gina and Eilish are both struggling on the treks when carrying minimal gear.  If Cody and Makani drop out suddenly the "hero" 4 will all have to carry a lot more gear and probably won't make it in time to win another $100k.  And vice versa, Cody and Makani will stuggle to carry all the cash by themselves.  I think they should be working as a group now to win as much money as possible and then towards then end start hoping people will drop out.   

• Love 10
16 hours ago, dstann said:

Unless the denominations that the money comes in starts going up, transporting the money on the treks is going to start becoming an issue.  Makani looked like she had a full backpack and Cody's bag of cash looked over half full.  If they keep winning more cash this is only going to get bulkier and heavier.  Gina and Eilish are both struggling on the treks when carrying minimal gear.  If Cody and Makani drop out suddenly the "hero" 4 will all have to carry a lot more gear and probably won't make it in time to win another $100k.  And vice versa, Cody and Makani will stuggle to carry all the cash by themselves.  I think they should be working as a group now to win as much money as possible and then towards then end start hoping people will drop out.   

It will become far more interesting at this point.  Those who are not strong enough to carry an equal division of weight will come into focus for all of them.  I am curious to see how they handle that.  They will have to ditch the pot and one tent for starters. 

• Love 3
On 3/18/2017 at 5:15 PM, wings707 said:

Funny how so many think the 4 are horrible and I see it the other way around.  I dislike Cody and Makani immensely!  

I'm in complete agreement with you.

• Love 4
12 hours ago, wings707 said:

It will become far more interesting at this point.  Those who are not strong enough to carry an equal division of weight will come into focus for all of them.  I am curious to see how they handle that.  They will have to ditch the pot and one tent for starters. 

If the game keeps going the same way, any short comings will be overlooked by the "hero 4" in order to keep the majority.

I am not sure how heavy a tent is but i am guessing fairly light.  I can't see them ditching a tent.  I am interested as to what they actually use the pot for.  They don't often find food so it is not like they need it for cooking.  And they are not shown boiling water to purify it.

• Love 1
41 minutes ago, dstann said:

If the game keeps going the same way, any short comings will be overlooked by the "hero 4" in order to keep the majority.

I am not sure how heavy a tent is but i am guessing fairly light.  I can't see them ditching a tent.  I am interested as to what they actually use the pot for.  They don't often find food so it is not like they need it for cooking.  And they are not shown boiling water to purify it.

True but every bit of extra bulk will be considered and at some point it will get down to 4. I cannot believe all will make it to the end.  

• Love 1

At this point it actually wouldn't surprise me if all 6 do last, unless the producers throw a new complication in. (As in an even less hospitable campsite or a need to give something up.) Once they get halfway the desire to stay is really strong, and with 2 tents now the lodgings are almost assured to be better than the worst of what they've already endured. Sure, they'll all be getting hungry and the possibility exists of getting sick. But the easy drops have already dropped.

Unless of course the feud gets so bad that they push each other out purely on a personality basis, which is possible. They Righteous Four could start spending money just to ensure there's nothing left, or Cody could literally destroy both tents just to set them back to Square 1. Neither would surprise me. But I think if they didn't quit after a shelterless night in a storm, it's unlikely now.

• Love 2

I see you guys going all nuts when the 4 took some of Cody and Makani's peanut butter but you guys completely forget when Makani blatantly stole their food that was in the pot. SMDH! Oh, the irony!!!!!!!!!

• Love 2
22 hours ago, wings707 said:

True but every bit of extra bulk will be considered and at some point it will get down to 4. I cannot believe all will make it to the end.

Unless the camp divide is somehow healed it is had to see anyone in the "hero" 4 sharing a tent with Cody or Makani.

Giving the peanut butter to Cody/Makani, and then sneakily taking some back because you think it's still yours, even though you bought it with group money and "gave it away?" Gross. And they knew it, too...that's why they snuck it out of the tent like giggling little children who knew they were being bad, instead of just openly taking it.  And this whole idea of "we took the peanut butter, because THEY stole our cassava first!" doesn't wash with me.  They hogged the use of the pot, told Makani (snottily) that she use it after they were done, and then left a bunch of leftovers in it and went away to go wash up and play in the water.  What were they expecting Makani to do? Wrap up their leftovers for them? Wait until they were done using the pot as a storage container? Dump the food out onto the ground or into their tent so she could use the pot like they said she could? I can only imagine the fit they would have thrown if she had done that.  

Plus, honestly, out in the wild, especially in that hot moist heat, they were kidding themselves if they thought they could leave food lying around and it would keep for long.  If spoilage doesn't get it, animals will. 

The campers had already been behaving like entitled brats, spending everyone's money and refusing to share what they bought; I don't blame Makani one little bit for helping herself. 

• Love 14

Alonzo is a pussy. He whines and whines all the time. Loses his mind every 4 days and wants Cody to join up with their side and say Malani was bullying them. Seriously, they were telling her to do it and when she wouldn't let them, it pissed them off. Oh it is fine for them to tell her what to do but it is all not okay when she gave it back to them. Hate to tell them, but if Malani had not pulled her shit to piss them off then they would still be dragging ass. They were so pissed that it motivated them. 

I love how they keep flushing money down the drain and complain about being lazy when I havent seen them try to look for food in days and lay around, all they keep doing is waiting to make their next order. By the time they get done they will each get 10 grand.

Edited by toodywoody
  • Love 9

This isn't Survivor with rice in the pantry and an ocean for fish so they do have to buy food.  

I continue to despise Makani.  I find myself whishing she would break an ankle.  

Looks like Alonzo flairs out next week or we are led to believe that so it is probably Alex. 

• Love 2
2 hours ago, wings707 said:

This isn't Survivor with rice in the pantry and an ocean for fish so they do have to buy food.  

I find this is one thing that disappoints me a little about the show, because the camps mostly appear to be inland there seem to be very few options in terms of getting their own food.  They found some cassava at one camp but there is no chance to fish and no coconuts.  But I guess for MTV's point of view it is a way to reduce the prize money and it creates drama as there is the conflict over spending money.

• Love 6

Fuck that. I can't stand the core four. It's for the simple reason that they are so high and mighty while also being completely clueless to the fact that they are not heroes. Anything bad you want to say about the other two you could say to them. But, they are far less whiny about it. They are also shitting money down the drain, their own money, just to be petty constantly. Fuck em. i wouldnt even mind them if they didn't feel the need to always be so self righteous.

Edited by Racj82
  • Love 11

They should rename this show How to Blow Through A Million in 40 Days. 

My problem with the four is that they aren't being sensible with their food purchases or purchases in general. They are spending money on whatever they want because they have the numbers. Instead of buying rice that can last more than one meal. They do not think long term and are only thinking in the moment. 

Sure they might not be near a food source but they are at camp for more than 1 day. I don't see them out scouting for food or even trying. They lay around and bitch and then spend a ton of money on pizza and shit instead of buying food that will last the week, then they say they will just steal it. Real nice.

• Love 7

I was literally LOLing at Alex and Alonzo's hissy fits during the hike.  They were both screaming like toddlers.  Where did MTV find this awful cast?!  The 4 campers make my blood boil! I’ve never seen a bigger bunch of hypocrites in my life!  Up until this episode I thought Alonzo was the one camper who might be able to redeem himself, but after last night’s episode that’s out the window.  I was really disappointed he didn’t flair out.  He’s sitting there talking about how Cody and Makani expect handouts?  Really?  The four campers wouldn’t BE THERE AT ALL at this point without all the handouts! That’s MaCody’s money those fools are flushing down the toilet!  Playing cards?  Are you kidding me?  This show should be called “Stranded While Spending a Million Dollars”.  MTV is laughing all the way to the bank because they're hardly going to have to pay out anything at the end.

I love how Eilish calls Makani disgusting, yet Mrs. Trailer Park Queen has been walking around with poop all over her shorts!  Ha!  Did I also hear her say “kick her like a stray dog”?  Eilish is worse than Gina.  At least Gina keeps her mouth shut for the most part.  You can tell that Eilish is taking a sick pleasure in the bullying of Makani.  I sense a LOT of jealousy there.  Cody was absolutely right about her money mgmt skills.  I bet that girl NEVER makes it out of the trailer park!  After all, it would take her 9 years to make 45k, LOL!!!!  I’m glad Cody decided to stick by Makani, I was worried there for a minute.  Once Alanzo and Gina flare out (because we all know it’s a matter of time), this show is going to start getting interesting.  I can only hope that we get down to 2 vs 2, and MaCody refuse to buy pizza and sandwiches.  The remaining two campers are going to lose their idiot minds.

4 minutes ago, toodywoody said:

They should rename this show How to Blow Through A Million in 40 Days. 

HAHA!  I love how we posted almost identical thoughts at the same time.  These kids are such fools.

• Love 12

Alonzo is a pussy. He whines and whines all the time.

Hard to believe this guy is military.  

So the four spend 45 grand on food combined with the 15 grand they just spent on the temptation making the maximum they can get after the next jungle trek 40 grand.  How is that smart?  Will be very interesting to see if it comes down to two campers against C/M because those two will NOT frivolously spend money and the campers will no longer have the power to call the shots.   

• Love 3

Team Makani. Love how she's turning the screws to The Four Losers. If they weren't so goddamn pathetic, her power plays wouldn't break them the way theirs don't remotely affect her. 

They scant miss a chance to run some bullshit on her and she cuts them back 10x. If we're still voting one of these dopes into the Challenge, please be her.

I also think all will maintain to the end at this point, sadly. If they do a next season, don't let them buy tents! That will keep garbage like Gina/Eilish from staying.

Edited by NoirDetective
  • Love 4

Alonso is such a punk lover.. How is that guy an army vet? Are they creative with job titles like he didn't make it through boot camp or something? He whines more than Gina. So. Let me get this straight.. To the last camp. Alonzo only carried the tent and this time makani is only carrying a tent and the four losers have a huge problem with makani not carrying enough. The one girl was only carrying a pot! And as someone said upthread Alex and Alonso were such whiny toddlers on that hike.. Oh my poor wittle wrist! I miss my mommy! Even Elish talked to Alonso like he was a child. 

I think Cody is on to something with threatening to carry as much as he's been. Alonso and Alex are weakling and the two gals don't carry much so if Cody and makani  refuse to carry anything the other team doesn't let them use and those four get stuck carrying everything I think that might break them and people will start flaring out. If one of the "hero" (snicker) guys goes home that side is screwed because the remaining guy and Elish will have only Gina to carry them to. The end. 

Edited by kira28
  • Love 6

The 4 campers are a vile group with their majorly irrational double standards!  I love how petulant they get when Makani doesn't put up with it.

Until the episode last night, I didn't realize rice was on the buy list.

The 4 campers made up the strategy to form their alliance so they had the majority vote power to buy luxury items to improve their chances of staying out the 40 days AND to make the others miserable so they will leave.  In real time now Alex is trying to say they weren't doing that when clearly they were because they were all saying it!  Buying the tent then not sharing it!  Buying cheeseburgers and sandwiches and keeping it for their group of 4!

This show has turned out to be way more interesting than I ever expected.  I see their strategy but it isn't a good one really.  It is short sighted and not playing the long game.  Plus this isn't a game of one person and one person only winning the prize.  There can be multiple winners who all win evenly.  The 4 campers are petty and wasting money trying to get rid of Makani and Cody.  Those two have more than proven they aren't leaving.  At the end, there won't be any money left to split.

As others have already said, they need everybody who is left now to carry stuff from camp to camp.  More of their double standards.  The 4 campers are terribly wimpy at carrying stuff while moving from camp to camp.  Without Cody they will never make it.  When it comes down to it I believe Makani would carry more stuff if it means not making it in time and not getting that next $100k.

Oh and I thought Cody's comment about "No wonder Eilish lives in a trailer.  She can't manage money." was hilarious because she can dish it out but she can't take it.   She was buying stuff for her group to NOT share but OMG.  You better not say a word about it!

• Love 8

I don't see any expenditures as frivolous. Tents, pot and food seem like necessary purchases.  Cody and Makani whine about this but are not offering any positive solutions as to how to budget.  They are nasty and hurl insults at the 4 continually.  Cody and Chris bought their 15k luxury,  Alonzo and Eilish did not spend any. 

Yes, the 4 not sharing the first purchases was not wise nor good sportsmanship but it came as no surprise how that happened.   

They are all young and have not learned anything about conflict resolution.  

Cody and Makani have one narrow minded view, don't spend any money. That is not possible but they refuse too see that and sit down with the others to express budget ideas.  Cody sees Eilish as bad with money because she lives in a trailer and slams her with this judgement.   I suspect he lives with his parents or has received help from them. Nothing wrong with that if you don't sit in judgement of others who don't have this.

Either Alonzo or Alex leave next week if the preview is giving us a clue.  Someone does anyway unless the helicopter has another reason to land there (medic).   It may be delivering medication for their distress at getting some bacteria from the water. 

It seems that Cody and Makani will be at the end, either alone or with Eilish.  Things can happen so nothing is s given. 

Edited by wings707
  • Love 4

I am confused as to why Cody and Makani were so upset about the two people spending the $15,000 on the luxury items this week when they did the same thing last week. Am I remembering incorrectly? And, this is much better and more clever as to strategies needed to get to the end than I thought it would be as the above poster also stated.

• Love 5
3 minutes ago, hoosiermom said:

I am confused as to why Cody and Makani were so upset about the two people spending the $15,000 on the luxury items this week when they did the same thing last week. Am I remembering incorrectly? And, this is much better and more clever as to strategies needed to get to the end than I thought it would be as the above poster also stated.

I really need to rewatch last week's episode, but if I remember correctly, the 4 campers were buying burgers, pizzas and sandwiches and not sharing with Cody and Makani.  So when Makani was picked for the temptation and took Cody with her, they bought the temptation because it was then equal.

• Love 8
22 minutes ago, wings707 said:

I don't see any expenditures as frivolous. Tents, pot and food seem like necessary purchases.  Cody and Makani whine about this but are not offering any positive solutions as to how to budget.  They are nasty and hurl insults at the 4 continually.  Cody and Chris bought their 15k luxury,  Alonzo and Eilish did not spend any. 

Yes, the 4 not sharing the first purchases was not wise nor good sportsmanship but it came as no surprise how that happened.   

They are all young and have not learned anything about conflict resolution.  

Cody and Makani have one narrow minded view, don't spend any money. That is not possible but they refuse too see that and sit down with the others to express budget ideas.  Cody sees Eilish as bad with money because she lives in a trailer and slams her with this judgement.   I suspect he lives with his parents or has received help from them. Nothing wrong with that if you don't sit in judgement of others who don't have this.

Either Alonzo or Alex leave next week if the preview is giving us a clue.  Someone does anyway unless the helicopter has another reason to land there (medic).   It may be delivering medication for their distress at getting some bacteria from the water. 

It seems that Cody and Makani will be at the end, either alone or with Eilish.  Things can happen so nothing is s given. 

Cody and Makani do not have any say in how the money is being spent.  The 4 campers made an alliance for majority voting power to spend the money so they could buy items for their group and not share in an attempt to flush others out of the game.  Even if Cody and Makani have changed their minds about not spending any money the 4 campers are not letting them use the stuff.  That's why Makani took their tent. lol  The 4 campers had to buy another one because they didn't want to share with Cody and Makani.  That is their strategy.

The insult hurling is equal on both sides, but that's usually what happens.  People don't usually tolerate being insulted and so they insult back.  Round and round it goes.

• Love 8

I don't see any expenditures as frivolous. Tents, pot and food seem like necessary purchases.  Cody and Makani whine about this but are not offering any positive solutions as to how to budget.  They are nasty and hurl insults at the 4 continually.  Cody and Chris bought their 15k luxury,  Alonzo and Eilish did not spend any

Playing cards?! Three pizzas when it's been four days since the last one and they could be buying rice AND get temptations?! For C/M, it seemed to me Alonzo clearly only handed them the tablet to fuck with them since he knew his group would only let them get the PB (and now vows to get them nothing! Which, is kind of where all this started! Idiots!)

I agree they do have to weigh spending the prize on supplies vs. keeping themselves strong enough to make the camp switches and carry the money, but the Four certainly are not being thrifty. And Alonzo was laughing in their faces during the buy, which led to the Cody reminder that they're the broke ones so he can do this tit for tat spending battle all the way through.

Cody was a douche from jump/is now but has proven tough. Makani didn't start this way; she's beating the Four at the petty game they are consisfently stupid enough to perpetuate.

• Love 7
42 minutes ago, wings707 said:

Ehhh....playing cards, food that spoils easily (pizza, sandwiches, etc.) Those are the exact definition of frivolous.  I would have more empathy if the fantastic four were sticking to just the non-perishables like the peanut butter and rice.  Team MaCody have obviously changed their tune about not buying ANYTHING...but they were thrifty and stuck to one jar of peanut butter.  That is what I would call a necessary purchase.  Team MaCody also stated they would not have taken the temptation had the four shared the food with them.  They took it more out of spite that anything. 

48 minutes ago, wings707 said:

Either Alonzo or Alex leave next week if the preview is giving us a clue.  

Finally!!! I think it will be Alonzo, but it would be a fun plot twist if it were Alex. 

• Love 7
25 minutes ago, AngryCarrot86 said:

Ehhh....playing cards, food that spoils easily (pizza, sandwiches, etc.) Those are the exact definition of frivolous.  I would have more empathy if the fantastic four were sticking to just the non-perishables like the peanut butter and rice.  Team MaCody have obviously changed their tune about not buying ANYTHING...but they were thrifty and stuck to one jar of peanut butter.  That is what I would call a necessary purchase.  Team MaCody also stated they would not have taken the temptation had the four shared the food with them.  They took it more out of spite that anything. 

Finally!!! I think it will be Alonzo, but it would be a fun plot twist if it were Alex. 

Yes, playing cards were frivolous!  I had forgotten about those.  I do see your point that just PBJ and rice should have been the stopping point.  

• Love 4

The important thing to remember is that they're all terrible people.

At the beginning of the episode Cody was messing with my premise by trying to play peacemaker. Plus he legit is about getting the money there and carries almost as much as everyone else put together.  But he's also perfectly happy to dig the screws in and play hypocrite so no points for him either. Makani is the most entertaining to watch but she'd probably drive me nuts too.

6 hours ago, NoirDetective said:

I also think all will maintain to the end at this point, sadly. If they do a next season, don't let them buy tents! That will keep garbage like Gina/Eilish from staying.

Or make them a lot more expensive. They were what, 30k? That's a pretty cheap investment. It could have cost $100k and then the fights would have been so much bigger.

3 hours ago, hoosiermom said:

I am confused as to why Cody and Makani were so upset about the two people spending the $15,000 on the luxury items this week when they did the same thing last week. Am I remembering incorrectly?

You're right. Every one of them gets mad at the others for doing something while doing the exact same thing. And really needles it in with terrible personalities. For example, the last 2 food buys were both reasonably fair. This week MaCody spent $15k on 2 and the others spent $30 on 4. Last week it was peanut butter + sandwich + burger for 4 vs peanut butter for 2. I do think the survivalists are being much smarter in their buys, but the indulgent 4 are being reasonably fair with food. They just have such shitty attitudes about it that they get no credit for doing so.

• Love 2

Wow, I now dislike every person left. Weirdly, I like Cody the most out of all of them if only because his attitude has been pretty consistent throughout.

The four campers wasted a ridiculous amount of money on that group buy. They could get by with a lot less food. As others have said, stick to the peanut butter and the rice. Buy ONE pizza for all six of you if you want a treat every other buy. I hope they're all left with next to nothing at the end.

If there is a season two, I hope the contestants try a more collaborative approach.

Edited by Michichick
Spelling
  • Love 3
11 hours ago, AngryCarrot86 said:

I love how Eilish calls Makani disgusting, yet Mrs. Trailer Park Queen has been walking around with poop all over her shorts!  Ha! 

Alex says on his RealityBlurred blog: "Eilish sat on rotten palm fronds that stained her shorts. We gave her a hard time about it though because it did look like she had some dingleberry issues."

This show has been quite entertaining. I go back and forth between hating the FabFour, and being on their side. Also, you can tell these kids haven't moved very much in their lives -- you always put things into other things. Use a long-sleeved shirt to make a carrier for the pot, with a tent and some of the cash inside of it. Hands-free carrying of multiple items.

• Love 5
10 hours ago, Charlesman said:

I don't understand why, if Makani isn't going to carry anything, the 4 don't burn her back by spending her money on duffle bags and other stuff to make the next trek easier on them. 

It's not just her money they are spending. In the end they split it equally so they would be wasting their own money. Buying more stuff to carry isn't going to make the trip to a new camp any easier. She carried the exact same amount of stuff that Alonso carried to their previous camp and no one yelled at him. He's a guy who was in the army, he should be able to carry more than a small girl. One of the other teams girls only carried a six pound pot. Why couldn't she carry more? If the four want to spend money and not share their purchases with all members then they can carry the shit they buy to each camp. Plus Makani and cody are a team and if u noticed the weight each person was carrying, Cody was carrying the combined weight the four whiners carried. So Imo the two outsiders were carrying more than their fair share since between the two of them they carried more weight than the other four combined. 

• Love 8