Type keyword(s) to search

S04.E06: I Kissed a Girl

• Start Topic

21 hours ago, Nowhere said:

Whitney must really smell terrible after dancing in the clurb so much that she's dripping sweat and her hair is completely drenched. I know when I go to the clurb I don't come out smelling as sweet as I did when I went in and I don't sweat profusely, nor do I have folds. 

If not properly cleaned, mold can grow in the folds of skin on morbidly obese people.  It has a very distinct smell.

• Love 1
42 minutes ago, John M said:

Right? It's actually kind of offensive. Has Whit ever mentioned having same sex attraction? She thinks because a gay person invited her to do something that it means they are trying to jump their bones? Is it scandalous that she kissed a girl? She has had such terrible luck with men she is just going to give women a try? That lesbians are automatically into big girls?

I am doubtful that this is going to end in anything but offensive stereotypes.

Whitney is a walking offensive stereotype in so many ways, why not throw in lesbianism? She can call herself "fabulous" all she wants, but she's showing up as the sassy jolly fat girl stereotype, who is miserable on the inside. Maybe she can bring her cat, a year's supply of leggings and sports bras in a duffel bag, and her CPAP machine to her second date with Amanda?

• Love 7
2 hours ago, Ocean Chick said:

She's not "unworthy" of having whatever kind of relationship she wants due to her being fat.  I, myself, have known fat lesbians before, and they had plenty of lovers.  It's her personality and general slobbiness that would hinder any kind of real romantic relationship, unless she found someone who loves fat slobs who don't like to shower or clean the cat poo off the floor.  She's quite proud of not showering - says it often on her show.  And those types of people are few and far between.  Thankfully.  I should also think being with someone who demands to ALWAYS be the center of attention would get tiring after a while.

But yeah, she's not a lesbian.  She only plays one of tv.

Somehow my comment that Twit would never be attractive to a pretty, trim, polished lesbian like Amanda has evolved into everyone deserves love, no matter what size. Yes, that's true. It's also true that Twit will not attract a good-looking lesbian. Most folks seemed to think that even Lennie was never really into Twit, and he was far from a handsome male. Why is it less true that Amanda is doing it for the $$$ than Lennie?

• Love 5

Is clurb a word?  What the hell is that?  Ooh, let me add an r and I'll create a new word.  I'm so awesome!  Whit, you are over 30 years old.  You are neither cool enough or hip enough to start creating asinine nonsensical words.  The friend just happens to walk by as Whit is leaving was the fakest and most obvious plant I have ever seen and I've watched some pretty awful reality shows.  And the conversation they have after not seeing each other in so long... dance battle, seriously?

Ok, so does Whit not show up at the radio station on a regular basis?  The radio guys have made a couple comments like, "You showed up today!", "You still work here?".  It's happened a few times now passive aggressively.  Anyway, Whit is completely delusional if she thought she would be replacing Lauren.  She's a glorified guest on that radio show, not an employee I feel.

• Love 5
(edited)
38 minutes ago, Dot said:

Somehow my comment that Twit would never be attractive to a pretty, trim, polished lesbian like Amanda has evolved into everyone deserves love, no matter what size. Yes, that's true. It's also true that Twit will not attract a good-looking lesbian. Most folks seemed to think that even Lennie was never really into Twit, and he was far from a handsome male. Why is it less true that Amanda is doing it for the $$$ than Lennie?

I can only speak to my experience as a gay man but I have found women in general are much more accepting of being in relationships with even very overweight partners in it not being a thing.

I mean not Whit's size but I mean what's another 100 pounds on attraction to an already very obese person?

Edited by John M
  • Love 1
3 hours ago, Ocean Chick said:

She's not "unworthy" of having whatever kind of relationship she wants due to her being fat.  I, myself, have known fat lesbians before, and they had plenty of lovers.  It's her personality and general slobbiness that would hinder any kind of real romantic relationship, unless she found someone who loves fat slobs who don't like to shower or clean the cat poo off the floor.  She's quite proud of not showering - says it often on her show.  And those types of people are few and far between.  Thankfully.  I should also think being with someone who demands to ALWAYS be the center of attention would get tiring after a while.

But yeah, she's not a lesbian.  She only plays one of tv.

And anyway I still don't believe that an old friend who knows she's straight is just going to hit on her out of the blue!

1 hour ago, Ketzel said:

Whitney is a walking offensive stereotype in so many ways, why not throw in lesbianism? She can call herself "fabulous" all she wants, but she's showing up as the sassy jolly fat girl stereotype, who is miserable on the inside. Maybe she can bring her cat, a year's supply of leggings and sports bras in a duffel bag, and her CPAP machine to her second date with Amanda?

hahahaha!

• Love 2
1 hour ago, John M said:

Right? It's actually kind of offensive. Has Whit ever mentioned having same sex attraction? She thinks because a gay person invited her to do something that it means they are trying to jump their bones? Is it scandalous that she kissed a girl? She has had such terrible luck with men she is just going to give women a try? That lesbians are automatically into big girls?

The offensive stereotypes have already started, as in all lesbians are predators out to seduce all straight women in their sights.

Here's how lesbians meet & greet (not so dif from heterosexuals): they go out for coffee with someone who's caught their eye, or better yet, cocktails & dinner. They spend that time getting to know each other & looking to see if there's a spark. And so on. 

They don't grab a straight woman after a horseback ride in broad daylight & start kissing on her without taking the time to see if that woman has any interest in her.

Many of you have pointed out that opposites attract. If Twit tried to put a move on pretty Amanda, it would have been more conceivable than vice versa. A woman like Amanda is not going after Twit.

So, why not partner Twit up with a 300+ # dyke? That's a much more likely scenario. But, of course, Twit is such a FABULOUS temptress that she can snare someone like Amanda. Baloney.

This arc makes me so mad. I should probably forgo next week lest I have a stroke.

• Love 10
21 minutes ago, Dot said:

The offensive stereotypes have already started, as in all lesbians are predators out to seduce all straight women in their sights.

Here's how lesbians meet & greet (not so dif from heterosexuals): they go out for coffee with someone who's caught their eye, or better yet, cocktails & dinner. They spend that time getting to know each other & looking to see if there's a spark. And so on. 

They don't grab a straight woman after a horseback ride in broad daylight & start kissing on her without taking the time to see if that woman has any interest in her.

I dunno, I have several lesbian friends but this is not how it works in the gay male world at all. I mean I hate to play in stereotypes but yeah, first date, meeting in a bar, acquaintance, friend... Kiss them, make out, hop into bed, maybe pretend it never happened, maybe not the next day...

I mean I would never, ever do that with a straight guy but half the friends I have slept with started with just hanging out, kissing them and the next thing you know we are having sex. But absolutely not dating.

Actually this kind of all makes sense now, this is a show written by gay men about a f** hag they don't like.

• Love 8
41 minutes ago, John M said:

I dunno, I have several lesbian friends but this is not how it works in the gay male world at all. I mean I hate to play in stereotypes but yeah, first date, meeting in a bar, acquaintance, friend... Kiss them, make out, hop into bed, maybe pretend it never happened, maybe not the next day...

I mean I would never, ever do that with a straight guy but half the friends I have slept with started with just hanging out, kissing them and the next thing you know we are having sex. But absolutely not dating.

Actually this kind of all makes sense now, this is a show written by gay men about a f** hag they don't like.

For real? Do you actually know who's writing the scripts or just guessing? If you're telling the facts, then yeah, makes all the sense.

10 minutes ago, Dot said:

For real? Do you actually know who's writing the scripts or just guessing? If you're telling the facts, then yeah, makes all the sense.

Just guessing, but viewed through that lens all of it makes perfect sense.

• Love 1
(edited)

Several things bugged me about this episode, or show in general. Twit bugs all the time.

1.  Amanda looks to be about in the 40-45 age range. She is beautiful, but to me is giving off this "mature" vibe.  

OMG, maybe Amanda is coming on to me through the TV!!!!!!!

2.  Twit has mentioned that sweating alot is a symptom of PCOS. 

So, PCOS can be blamed for Twit's 200 pound weight gain,  AND not showering regularly, cuz, you know, shaming someone for B.O. --body odor--is mean. 

3. I had wondered what Twit does all day, although I highly doubt that she cleans any part of her own house.  I bet she gives  her phantom  roommate ( and brestesses masseuse) Donna,  a lower rent for doing that work. 

4.  Finally, YES and TOTES to the poster who said that Twit acts like an as adolescent?  I mean specifically that she  mostly ends her TH comments with that question inflection? Or with her voice going up higher at the end of her statement like she's asking a question?  Even though she's just making a comment?  

It's like Twit is insecure?  Immature? Stuck in arrested development at age 13??????????

Other than above,  I loved Maney's snarky comments abt Twit's tardiness.   Twit's self-congratulatory pride about doing SO MUCH WORK  for the Hillary phone call was delusionally moronic.  Ditto for her EFFORTS  for her parents' dinner.  Lawdy,  that poor chile!. Bless her heart. 

Joining in with the barfing now. 

Edited by Tosia
I could go on and on and on.
  • Love 12
4 hours ago, John M said:

Don't be so gloomy. It's not like this is the show that brought us such gems as "platinum gay" or anything.

Also, am I the only one who had never heard of the cliché of lesbians and horseback riding? Or was Todd shrieking about Whitney and Amanda's "lesbionic" afternoon not the most astute cultural commentary?

• Love 3

I'm really starting to wonder if the producers are making up storylines just to keep the show going. The whole pregnancy storyline was exaggerated. Then this Dance Battle with her competitor- can't remember her name, but didn't Todd say he kind of loved her? Maybe he does because she's challenged Whitney in a way few others have managed to do. Now the lesbian storyline. It seems forced and fake too. It seems very possible that Amanda is a paid actress. 

I don't know if I'm up for the rest of the season quite honestly. 

• Love 3
17 hours ago, Runnergirl said:

When does Whitney have her classes? People have said it's only during filming (which doesn't make sense because there would be a lack of consistency.  I've been to the site and it always says no classes are scheduled.

As far as Jiya's class, being yelled at for improper technique doesn't bother me, which leads me to the choreographer Whitney hired. I like her so far from the previews, but there again we differ on the whole being called-out-in-front-of-the-class thing. Peoples' personalities differ. I remember being yelled at--and I mean YELLED at--by my track coach before a race for slacking off or something but instead of feeling hurt, I channeled that energy into racing and took first place. Guess it affects people differently.

I think they are inconsistent. I am on a mailing list, so I get informed whenever there's a class going on, but it's very sporadic. And I'm not sure if those are just classes being taped, or classes being done outside of the schedule. I've only been able to attend one. But usually when I get notified, the classes are on Sunday afternoons - when the dance academy is closed. So I don't get the feeling this is a regular, every Thurs night class or something.

In my opinion, both Jiya and Whitney's classes are less DANCE classes and more dance fitness classes. Which is why I don't care to be screamed at. If I started taking legit ballet classes or something, I would expect to be admonished for technique, etc. I spent many years in my youth getting yelled at by music instructors and dance instructors and etc. - I don't care to repeat those experiences as a grown-ass woman! :-) 

• Love 8

But even in a fitness class, technique is important so you get the maximum benefit from the exercise. My trainer would ride me mercilessly if my form was sloppy because I wouldn't be benefiting from the exercise. And it's also for safety (in certain exercises). 

Jiya pushes her girls a lot harder than Whitney does, and as a result they are in much better shape. There was one girl behind Whitney in the class who was also a very big girl (only a little smaller than Whit) and she was going at the exercises hard and got down and was in far better condition than someone who's supposedly leading exercise classes herself. It was a high energy class that is really going to burn some serious calories, whereas Whitney's classes are a bit of prancing around and arm waving that seems aimed at people who haven't done any kind of real exercise before. 

Whitney can't bend her knees to any great degree and has very limited flexibility (she could barely lift her leg enough to get over the horse's back). And for someone who's supposedly working with a trainer, Whitney isn't in any better shape than she was before she returned to Will's gym (which makes me suspect that her physical training is no more consistent than her BGDCs are). 

• Love 7

It looks like the whole crew is flying out to LA today to film The Skinny. Whittney posted another poor me post with a screenshot of someone bashing her. She also said she is the smallest she has been since 2014 (highly doubt that) so we shall see how she looks when the skinny airs since we now know that is filmed recently. 

My husband made a good comment I wanted to share. You know how some shows now have the aftershow to talk about what just happened, like the Talking Dead. We said this show needs one and he said it should be called After the Fat. I could not stop laughing. 

• Love 14
4 minutes ago, Hana Chan said:

Whitney can't bend her knees to any great degree and has very limited flexibility (she could barely lift her leg enough to get over the horse's back). And for someone who's supposedly working with a trainer, Whitney isn't in any better shape than she was before she returned to Will's gym (which makes me suspect that her physical training is no more consistent than her BGDCs are). 

It's true, she is NOT in good shape. Her flexibility is extremely limited, which is surprising because in season 1 she was bragging about how flexible she is as a dancer. She has gotten way less flexible in just a few years. The workouts she does with Will are not intense. I recently started training a friend of mine who had a C-section 6 months ago, and she is doing more intense work already, just a few weeks in. I think back on last season when Whitney kept doing wild physical stunts like stairs and a 5K to prove "how fit/fat she was," but it just proved that she sets the bar extremely low for herself and relies on other people's low expectations to assume she is impressing people.

• Love 6
44 minutes ago, ClareWalks said:

It's true, she is NOT in good shape. Her flexibility is extremely limited, which is surprising because in season 1 she was bragging about how flexible she is as a dancer. She has gotten way less flexible in just a few years. The workouts she does with Will are not intense. I recently started training a friend of mine who had a C-section 6 months ago, and she is doing more intense work already, just a few weeks in. I think back on last season when Whitney kept doing wild physical stunts like stairs and a 5K to prove "how fit/fat she was," but it just proved that she sets the bar extremely low for herself and relies on other people's low expectations to assume she is impressing people.

At Whitney's weight, it's basically like an morbidly obese person carrying another morbidly obese person on their back, 24/7.   That's a difficult feat when you're young, but, as you get older, it becomes increasingly difficult as your bones, muscles, and organs having been laboring under that unrelenting burden.  Whitney's only in her early 30s, but I'm sure her infrastructure has aged decades ahead of her actual years.  The older she gets, the more rapidly things will break down if she's still carrying this enormous burden.  Pretty soon it's going to seem like an astonishing feat for her to pull off just to get out of bed in the morning.  If there's anything physically wrong with you, age definitely isn't going to make it better.

• Love 12
17 hours ago, John M said:

This is the thing that gets me, my life is way more interesting than hers and it sure as hell isn't interesting enough to carry a TV show. I mean hell I even do the stuff manufactured for the show for real except it is more interesting. You know how I spent last friday and Saturday? Let's see, I left my legitimate job, met friends for happy hour, went to go see a friend's brand new house, met other friends for drinks at the gay clurb, hung out, laughed, had fun, had a few too many cocktails in part because our bartender was drunk which was funny as hell, spent the night at a friend's house for sexy time, woke up and met my mom for mimosas and brunch on a patio at a park, then went to the museum and then we went to a fun consignment store in my neighborhood that has a bunch of fun vintages pieces, my mom bought me a fun vintage I'm guessing 60s vase set. And get this, I am a single home owner in his 30s and I didn't whine about how terrible my life is once or make up a fake relationship with my good friend with whom I am actually having sex with.

That's like 4 episodes of MBFFL and my life is not fabulous, I guess because I don't weigh 400 pounds?

Grow up Whitney, congratulations on not achieving the normal life of a single 30-something but calling it fabulous while you cry about the relationship that was entirely made up in your head not working out.

I would totally watch a show on your life @John M  if you get the show.  But if you start on contrived plots and fake story lines, I may hate watch you.

Stinky Twitney (my new name for her) needs to grow up.  I hope TLC sinks the show. 

• Love 3

I am predicting that Jiya will laugh her booty off when Twit brings out the sticks at the dance "battle."  I know Jiya is always laughing when Twit is around. 

Deflection. The sticks are deflection -- the holy grail of the current administration camp-- not the holy grail of Twit's  (again ) self-congratulatory praise for her own genius idea. 

Also when I work out with a trainer I want someone to terll me how to keep my form appropriate. But when I am doing Zumba --like Twit's class-- I just want to dance and have fun.  And keep up with the group  moves.  

BTW, notice how we haven't seen Twit dancing much in her class or at the clurb?  

Clurb, clurb, clurb, clurb. Gah!  Twit, again,  is trying to act hip-per and young-er,  but she is not.  

Nor should she be.  Although it would be nice for her to go classy, but a cool, chic persona would not get the attention that she so craves. 

And she would have to wear real clothes and shoes.  

Not gonna happen.  

• Love 3
(edited)
13 hours ago, Geekygal16 said:

Ok, so does Whit not show up at the radio station on a regular basis?  The radio guys have made a couple comments like, "You showed up today!", "You still work here?".  It's happened a few times now passive aggressively.  Anyway, Whit is completely delusional if she thought she would be replacing Lauren.  She's a glorified guest on that radio show, not an employee I feel.

I think Twit's "radio job" is rather like her BGDC - it's only for the show.  So she only shows up to the radio station when the show needs some footage of her doing something to liven up an otherwise boring episode.  And yes, Roy and Manny are totally passively/aggressively calling this out, because it's THEIR show that's being taken over.  They really probably can't say anything in regards to that, unlike what the Folk Festival group did (saying in an interview that Twit's people had asked them if they could use the stage to shoot part of the show before the dance festival began, as opposed to the crap that the show was trying to imply, that Twit was INVITED to participate in the actual festival itself).  Roy and Manny can't say that Twit really doesn't work for the show, and was really never an intern, so they just tweak her with the whole, "Oh, you showed up to work finally?" statements.

ETA:  Oh, regarding the whole "clurb" thing.  Maybe Twit thinks she's Ruby reincarnated?  Didn't Ruby also make up nonsensical words?  Which then leads me to wonder what ever happened to Ruby....

Edited by Ocean Chick
  • Love 11
11 hours ago, nutella fitzgerald said:

Don't be so gloomy. It's not like this is the show that brought us such gems as "platinum gay" or anything.

Also, am I the only one who had never heard of the cliché of lesbians and horseback riding? Or was Todd shrieking about Whitney and Amanda's "lesbionic" afternoon not the most astute cultural commentary?

I don't know this one either & I'm a lez albeit an ancient one. Here's a humorous guide from Jezebel some years ago that's entertaining.

http://www.jezebel.com/5205953/psst-the-girls-guide-to-lesbian-cliches--stereotypes

• Love 1
11 minutes ago, Ocean Chick said:

I think Twit's "radio job" is rather like her BGDC - it's only for the show.  So she only shows up to the radio station when the show needs some footage of her doing something to liven up an otherwise boring episode.  And yes, Roy and Manny are totally passively/aggressively calling this out, because it's THEIR show that's being taken over.  They really probably can't say anything in regards to that, unlike what the Folk Festival group did (saying in an interview that Twit's people had asked them if they could use the stage to shoot part of the show before the dance festival began, as opposed to the crap that the show was trying to imply, that Twit was INVITED to participate in the actual festival itself).  Roy and Manny can't say that Twit really doesn't work for the show, and was really never an intern, so they just tweak her with the whole, "Oh, you showed up to work finally?" statements.

I wonder if Roy actually got in trouble for one comment he did say on air regarding the party and "fake text". He was referring to the text whitney said he sent about not making the party. After that, I have noticed they are much more reserved with some things they say. Someone asked on their fb page if twit still worked there and someome from the MRL responded that she still does stuff for them when she is needed (although a couple weeks ago same question was asked during their fb live and Maney said she didn't work there anymore)

• Love 2

I'm so grateful for this forum and for all of you who bite the bullet and watch this sh*t and recap it for me. I just can't with Twit and her band of barnacles. So fake, contrived, insulting, and just gross. I used to be able to dvr the show and hate watch it, but I can't do it any more. 

Thanks for your sacrifice everyone! 

• Love 13

I just realized something--Whitney's show is like a soap opera on warp speed. She has a preggers scare. She deals with rivals. Now she has bisexual feelings. So, when's the obligatory amnesia episode? I think we need one where Whitney goes to jail, too. 

• Love 19
2 hours ago, pbutler111 said:

At Whitney's weight, it's basically like an morbidly obese person carrying another morbidly obese person on their back, 24/7.   That's a difficult feat when you're young, but, as you get older, it becomes increasingly difficult as your bones, muscles, and organs having been laboring under that unrelenting burden.  Whitney's only in her early 30s, but I'm sure her infrastructure has aged decades ahead of her actual years.  The older she gets, the more rapidly things will break down if she's still carrying this enormous burden.  Pretty soon it's going to seem like an astonishing feat for her to pull off just to get out of bed in the morning.  If there's anything physically wrong with you, age definitely isn't going to make it better.

So true. I think if she doesn't lose 100 more lb by the time she's 40, she will do serious permanent damage. She may have already.

• Love 2
13 hours ago, John M said:

That is the perfect summation of this show.  Twist: maybe her two stereotypical fabulous gay friends pitched it to the network that way.

2 hours ago, ClareWalks said:

Sad but true.  She's in awful shape.  I don't see how she can tout herself as a professional dancer when she can't do dance moves that use her legs, or bend over, or run...

• Love 5
54 minutes ago, Jeeves said:

Has anybody been tracking the ratings of this sh*tshow? I looked up the numbers for this episode. It drew 897,000 viewers and a .26 share. 

I have always wondered this. Where did you find the ratings? And are they good or bad? I didn't know what was a good #. 

(edited)

I mentioned in some other thread before this episode aired that Jiya's problem with Whitney was likely that Whitney's playing into and benefiting from the prejudice of lowered expectations for big women. She pretty much confirmed that with her comment about "you're supposed to be able to move your legs". Whitney sees her as being a mean hater, but I see her as wanting to hold the bar high so that her students can reach it and actually, truly feel good about their achievements instead of having to qualify it by adding "for a big girl".

With that being said, I don't think Jiya or her group are good dancers either. However, her class is called trophy wife FITNESS and it appears she does give them a good workout. So I can't hate on that. 

Edited by M.F. Luder
  • Love 7
(edited)
1 hour ago, Jeeves said:

Has anybody been tracking the ratings of this sh*tshow? I looked up the numbers for this episode. It drew 897,000 viewers and a .26 share. 

20 minutes ago, AmyB said:

I have always wondered this. Where did you find the ratings? And are they good or bad? I didn't know what was a good #. 

In my post, I linked to the site with the ratings information. I don't know how those ratings stack up as against the ratings for prior seasons and prior episodes of this show. I also don't know much about the ratings of TLC shows generally. Those numbers may be respectable for TLC even if they aren't big in terms of market share.

Edited by Jeeves

Many of us have assumed that Will is no longer allowed to mention Whitney's weight or what she is eating.   I think that was confirmed this episode when Whitney talked to Buddy about healthy changes. She mentions extra rest and dedication to exercise.    No mention of a healthy diet/ major lifestyle change regarding food.

IIRC, I think Buddy said his desire and plans to change might be different from Whitney's.  I think he was referring to changing his eating habit (thank you Dr. Now)   He didn't dare mention food however.    I think our dear Z-lister celeb has definitely made that verboten.

This of course ties into TLC's time proven formula for picking people who they can see from a thousand miles away are perfect reality messes.

They are still giving her the impression she is the star and in charge, while the plans for her downfall were put into effect last year. Ratings now are only from hate watching and will increase until there is nothing left of her.

It is sad that her parents are as much famewhores are she is.  They will end up with a bed bound or dead daughter.   But, they will probably ask for a spin-off after that happens.

• Love 3
2 hours ago, Runnergirl said:

I just realized something--Whitney's show is like a soap opera on warp speed. She has a preggers scare. She deals with rivals. Now she has bisexual feelings. So, when's the obligatory amnesia episode? I think we need one where Whitney goes to jail, too. 

So would she have an undisclosed GOOD twin that will show up?

• Love 18
4 hours ago, AmyB said:

It looks like the whole crew is flying out to LA today to film The Skinny. Whittney posted another poor me post with a screenshot of someone bashing her. She also said she is the smallest she has been since 2014 (highly doubt that) so we shall see how she looks when the skinny airs since we now know that is filmed recently. 

My husband made a good comment I wanted to share. You know how some shows now have the aftershow to talk about what just happened, like the Talking Dead. We said this show needs one and he said it should be called After the Fat. I could not stop laughing. 

Why do they go out to LA when all the principals in the show are in Greensboro?

40 minutes ago, AZChristian said:

2 hours ago, Runnergirl said:

Uh no. This is TLC.  I can see the following storyline.  Twitney and social barnacles go to Hawaii.  Say for a BGDC special episode.

Contrived plots:  Twit complaining on seats on the flight.  How seats are too small and life is unfair and seats should be bigger for big people.  When Twit arrives and gets a “lay” and Twit saying that look how hot she is and being hit on. Twit tries to hike the legendary Na Pali coast and complains that she is in pain from walking 200 meters.  Twit going to learn Hawaiian dance and complaining that she cannot do the moves and they are picking on her on purpose.  Twit saying how unfair she cannot do the Kohala Waterfalls because she cannot climb.  Twit complaining how unfair it is she cannot participate by going on a kayak tour due to her size.  Then as a final she participates in the Hawaiian luau and keeps saying how this is such a special occasion and she goes all out and eats but tells everyone not to tell Wil.

• Love 10
(edited)
44 minutes ago, Dot said:

Why do they go out to LA when all the principals in the show are in Greensboro?

No clue. Maybe TLC corporate is in LA. Oh here is a current picture of Buddy. He has not lost any weight. Heather commented that they are only there to film tomorrow and leave Sat too. I am being way to fb stalkery today lol 

IMG_3496.JPG

Edited by AmyB
  • Love 1

I'm not great at noticing subtle differences in people, but hasn't she claimed she lost 100 lbs at some point since the show started? I've never noticed any true difference. My guess is she lost and gained back the same 5-10 lbs and combined it to get 100 lbs. 

• Love 2
48 minutes ago, leighroda said:

I'm not great at noticing subtle differences in people, but hasn't she claimed she lost 100 lbs at some point since the show started? I've never noticed any true difference. My guess is she lost and gained back the same 5-10 lbs and combined it to get 100 lbs. 

She claims that she lost 100 pounds a few years ago. 

I don't believe that she is anywhere near 360-380. I am thinking 410-430. 

• Love 1
17 hours ago, Dot said:

Many of you have pointed out that opposites attract. If Twit tried to put a move on pretty Amanda, it would have been more conceivable than vice versa. A woman like Amanda is not going after Twit.

So, why not partner Twit up with a 300+ # dyke? That's a much more likely scenario. But, of course, Twit is such a FABULOUS temptress that she can snare someone like Amanda. Baloney.

This arc makes me so mad. I should probably forgo next week lest I have a stroke.

I agree with you but I've only heard of that stereotype applying to gay men. I used to hang out with my male friends in one of the gay clubs around here. We went every week for a long time. Lesbians hang out there as well and only once was there a very assertive woman that hit on me. Just to clarify, I am an attractive woman so the problem wasn't that I'm fug. Lesbians just aren't aggressive like that, in my experience. But I don't think they have the same rep that gay males do. Mostly because straight men tend to think that gay men want anything with a penis. I don't think women think along those lines. I never thought of lesbians as predators and I don't know anyone who does. I liked hanging out at our spot because I felt safe with lesbians. Not so much with straight males. But yeah they want us to think everyone is attracted to Whit, even women. Next they'll have her turn a straight woman because Whitney is just that sexy.

Let's pretend that anything that happens on this show is real for a second. In particular, Amanda. Maybe Amanda is under the impression that Twit is bisexual. Maybe they had an experience in high school, or there was rumor in high school. Then she sees Twit come out of the gay club. So she may think she's open. When she asked to go horseback riding and Whitney agreed maybe she thought it was a date. I didn't think the way she kissed Whitney was inappropriate at all for the circumstances. Before the kiss she told her that she had always been attracted to her and Whitney did not say that she wasn't interested. Then she got a little touchy and Amanda moved in slow and wasn't pushed away. 

Whitney's body language didn't say no.She could have done a number of things to show she wasn't interested. She could have averted her eyes when Amanda said she had always been attracted to her. She could have backed away when Amanda very slowly leaned in. Amanda wasn't at all aggressive IMO.  It didn't seem weird that it could have happened the way it did. If this show was real. Which it isn't. 

And why not hook Whit up with a 300# dyke? Don't you remember Whit isn't attracted to fat people. The parts don't fit together, or whatever she said.

I don't see how anybody would be attracted to Whitney, male or female, so we don't disagree there. 

• Love 2
12 minutes ago, Nowhere said:

I agree with you but I've only heard of that stereotype applying to gay men. I used to hang out with my male friends in one of the gay clubs around here. We went every week for a long time. Lesbians hang out there as well and only once was there a very assertive woman that hit on me. Just to clarify, I am an attractive woman so the problem wasn't that I'm fug. Lesbians just aren't aggressive like that, in my experience. But I don't think they have the same rep that gay males do. Mostly because straight men tend to think that gay men want anything with a penis. I don't think women think along those lines. I never thought of lesbians as predators and I don't know anyone who does. I liked hanging out at our spot because I felt safe with lesbians. Not so much with straight males. But yeah they want us to think everyone is attracted to Whit, even women. Next they'll have her turn a straight woman because Whitney is just that sexy.

Let's pretend that anything that happens on this show is real for a second. In particular, Amanda. Maybe Amanda is under the impression that Twit is bisexual. Maybe they had an experience in high school, or there was rumor in high school. Then she sees Twit come out of the gay club. So she may think she's open. When she asked to go horseback riding and Whitney agreed maybe she thought it was a date. I didn't think the way she kissed Whitney was inappropriate at all for the circumstances. Before the kiss she told her that she had always been attracted to her and Whitney did not say that she wasn't interested. Then she got a little touchy and Amanda moved in slow and wasn't pushed away. 

Whitney's body language didn't say no.She could have done a number of things to show she wasn't interested. She could have averted her eyes when Amanda said she had always been attracted to her. She could have backed away when Amanda very slowly leaned in. Amanda wasn't at all aggressive IMO.  It didn't seem weird that it could have happened the way it did. If this show was real. Which it isn't. 

And why not hook Whit up with a 300# dyke? Don't you remember Whit isn't attracted to fat people. The parts don't fit together, or whatever she said.

I don't see how anybody would be attracted to Whitney, male or female, so we don't disagree there. 

I get hit on all the time and it especially happened when I was called to search female suspects. Ohmigosh, they can be very forward.

Yep it's called acting! Whitney majored in theatre. 

13 minutes ago, Nowhere said:

Mostly because straight men tend to think that gay men want anything with a penis.

I mean not anything with a penis but as I gay man I have to say a good chunk of us are giant sluts and I did blow a straight guy once on a dare.

• Love 9
2 minutes ago, John M said:

I mean not anything with a penis but as I gay man I have to say a good chunk of us are giant sluts and I did blow a straight guy once on a dare.

LOL! 

6 minutes ago, Runnergirl said:

I get hit on all the time and it especially happened when I was called to search female suspects. Ohmigosh, they can be very forward.

Yep it's called acting! Whitney majored in theatre. 

Maybe you're fine as hell and irresistible. Or maybe I'm in Springfield, MO. Or both.

• Love 3

I was thinking about it, and it actually makes me sad, someone (Amanda) showed Whitney a little attention and she (allegedly) changes her sexual orientation.  I don't really care what she identifies as, but do it because that's how you feel inside, not just because you are lonely and the opposite sex isn't giving you the attention you want. 

Also, it's one of my biggest pet peeves when people think just because someone is gay, and you are the same sex, they must be hitting on you... I'm sure just like with anyone just because someone is being nice/polite/cordial that does not mean they want to jump your bones.

• Love 8

You know what I'd like to see? Since Twit always talks ad nauseum in her THs about how busy, busy, busy she is, why not a "24"-style episode. The Twit, from the moment she arises to the moment she goes to bed. Including what goes into filming an episode since she says she's filmed for 1,000 hours for the 10 or so shown. You're so terribly busy, Twit? Prove it.

35 minutes ago, Nowhere said:

LOL! 

Maybe you're fine as hell and irresistible. Or maybe I'm in Springfield, MO. Or both.

Or maybe lesbians who are suspected of a crime are not typical of the majority of lesbians.

• Love 6

Plus the thing is the stuff she complains she is too busy to do is her job! Do you think her parents wanted anniversary in an empty event space overlooking a parking lot with a bunch of TLC cameras and crew? Do you really think it was mom's idea to go wig shopping as a sexy surprise at that dinner?

I dunno Whit, maybe if your life wasn't so boring and unfabulous TLC wouldn't have to come up with contrived bullshit to fill air? 

• Love 6
5 hours ago, Runnergirl said:

Heh heh Runnergirl if the producers actually do have her go to jail one can only hope that she ends up sharing a cell with an inmate like Tyler Perry's character from the movie Madea Goes To Jail!

• Love 4
9 hours ago, AmyB said:

I apologize in advance for a stupid question but what is The Skinny?

• Love 2